"Well, They Say It Just Takes A Second To Die"

1 view

David Von Pein

Jul 13, 2007, 3:16:35 AM7/13/07
LEE HARVEY OSWALD -- "What is this all about? I know my rights. ....
Police officer been killed? I hear they burn for murder."

C.T. WALKER -- "You might find out."

LEE HARVEY OSWALD -- "Well, they say it just takes a second to die."

A 24-year-old ex-Marine and ex-defector to Russia by the name of Lee
Harvey Oswald was arrested on Friday afternoon, November 22, 1963,
during a struggle with police officers within the "Texas Theater" on
Jefferson Boulevard in a suburban area of Dallas, Texas, USA.

Oswald, just prior to his arrest, had shot and killed two human beings
a short distance from the movie theater where he was caught. He
murdered a 39-year-old Dallas police patrolman by the name J.D. Tippit
.... and Oswald, shortly before killing Mr. Tippit, shot to death the
President of the United States, 46-year-old John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

A whole bunch of conspiracy theorists believe that Lee Oswald was
innocent of not only murdering the President that November afternoon
in
Dallas, but they also feel that Oswald was not guilty of Tippit's
slaying on Tenth Street either. But those conspiracy theorists are
dead
wrong.

Regarding Oswald's arrest, the following very interesting Warren
Commission testimony was given by a Dallas Police Department Officer
named C.T. Walker (who helped subdue and apprehend Oswald in the Texas
Theater). And, in my view, it says quite a bit about Oswald and his
"guilt vs. innocence" re. the Tippit murder:

"Oswald said, 'What is this all about?'; he was relating this all the
time. He said, 'I know my rights'. And we told him that he was under
arrest because he was suspected in the murder of a police officer. And
he said, 'Police officer been killed?'; and nobody said nothing. He
said, 'I hear they burn for murder'. And I said, 'You might find out'.
And he said, 'Well, they say it just takes a second to die'." -- DPD
Officer C.T. Walker; April 8th, 1964

---------------

Now, what would a reasonable, objective person make out of Oswald's
comment -- "Well, they say it just takes a second to die"? Would a
truly "innocent" person have uttered the words "it just takes a second
to die"? That statement reeks with guilt and Oswald's guilty
state-of-mind just after he was taken into custody.

Plus -- Officer Walker testified to Oswald's ultra-calm and unexcited
demeanor after his arrest; and how he didn't seem "scared" in the
slightest. .....

"He was real calm. He was extra calm. He wasn't a bit excited or
nervous or anything. .... He didn't look like he was scared. He was
calm. Not a bit nervous." -- C.T. Walker; 04/08/1964

Now, let me ask any reasonable individual this: If you've just been
arrested for killing a police officer -- and you DIDN'T do it --
wouldn't you tend to be a bit scared or nervous (or climbing the walls
with fear, I would imagine)?

Oswald's non-scared manner is perfectly consistent with his guilt.
Plus, Oswald's calm demeanor comes right AFTER he's been told by the
DPD that he just might find out what it's like to "burn for murder" --
a murder Oswald supposedly (per many conspiracists and per Oswald's
own
lying mouth as well) never committed.

Plus -- That C.T. Walker testimony only verifies EVEN MORE how
Oswald's
later comment to the press was obviously a big fat lie .... that
comment being: "They've taken me in because of the fact I lived in the
Soviet Union" (which was said by Oswald just prior to spouting his
now-famous "I'm just a patsy!" line of dialogue).

By way of Officer Walker's testimony ("we told him that he was under
arrest because he was suspected in the murder of a police officer"),
we
know that Oswald, within minutes of his arrest, was told exactly why
he
was "taken in".

The above-referenced testimony from Dallas Police Officer C.T. Walker
only further enhances the idea that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered
policeman J.D. Tippit just 45 minutes after President Kennedy was
assassinated.

And via the excellent 1998 book entitled "With Malice" (written and
impeccably researched by Dale K. Myers), Oswald's "guilty" status with
respect to the Tippit crime is forever sealed in concrete.

David Von Pein
March 2006

MSwanberg

Jul 13, 2007, 9:00:10 AM7/13/07
On Jul 13, 3:16 am, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> LEE HARVEY OSWALD -- "What is this all about? I know my rights. ....
> Police officer been killed? I hear they burn for murder."
>
> C.T. WALKER -- "You might find out."
>
> LEE HARVEY OSWALD -- "Well, they say it just takes a second to die."
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­--

Interesting... this is stuff I'd never heard before... but how about
this for an explanation?

LHO was trying to cowboy up to show that he couldn't be intimidated or
bullied into saying or doing anything that would lead to him being
found guilty by a jury of cops bent on revenge.

I think it seems obvious that Walker's line "you might find out" was
an obvious attempt to frighten Oswald and intimidate him. Oswald just
fired back in the vein of "I'm not afraid of death, so why should I be
afraid of you?" It's all just tough talk and psychological posturing.

Also, I am more curious about his previous line: "Police officer been
killed?" It's a question. If he'd put three into Tippit's chest and
then one into his head, he wouldn't be asking... he would know. But
then he might have just been saying it to appear innocent.

No conclusions here... I'm just asking...

-Mike

Ben Holmes

Jul 13, 2007, 10:12:14 AM7/13/07
In article <1184331610.5...@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, MSwanberg
says...

>On Jul 13, 3:16 am, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
>> LEE HARVEY OSWALD -- "What is this all about? I know my rights. ....
>> Police officer been killed? I hear they burn for murder."
>>
>> C.T. WALKER -- "You might find out."
>>
>> LEE HARVEY OSWALD -- "Well, they say it just takes a second to die."
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------=
>--=AD--

You won't get answers from DVP - he's famous for writing voluminously about the
prosecution case, but refusing to respond to rebuttals to his position. Since
he's unwilling to support his own assertions, I have him killfiled as a troll.
For whatever it's worth, be warned...

aeffects

Jul 13, 2007, 10:55:13 AM7/13/07
On Jul 13, 7:12 am, Ben Holmes <bnhol...@rain.org> wrote:
> In article <1184331610.592110.297...@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, MSwanberg

I'm well aware of "voluminous[ly]" posting done by VonPein. Frankly, I
never thought of it as "troll-posting" but, you're right absolutely
correct. He post those dispatches from Rosemary (Vince's Secretary),
never discussion or debate - but plenty of ad-hom attacks, then DVP
slithers out the back door on to the next USNET board or pops over to
AMAZON and RC's review board to check the status of Bugliosi suppoters
there (where it counts, as in book sales)

During the past two days discussion was developing on John Simkin's
Education Forum concerning a debate with Vince Bugliosi (evidently he,
VinceB, walked out of a debate recently?)

I checked that forum this morning. Low and behold, Simkin's EDUCATION
FORUM site is down...

> For whatever it's worth, be warned...

thanks for the reminder....

MSwanberg

Jul 13, 2007, 12:26:35 PM7/13/07
On Jul 13, 10:12 am, Ben Holmes <bnhol...@rain.org> wrote:
> In article <1184331610.592110.297...@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, MSwanberg
> For whatever it's worth, be warned...- Hide quoted text -

Well, based on his response to me above, he seems more willing than
most LNers here to actually have a discussion.

But I hear ya! There's a lot of ad hominem going on... kinda upsets
me because I am eager to hear the arguments on both sides of the coin.

Thanks,
-Mike

MSwanberg

Jul 13, 2007, 12:27:38 PM7/13/07
> -Mike- Hide quoted text -

I meant in another thread, not "above". Sorry

-Mike

tomnln

Jul 13, 2007, 1:28:53 PM7/13/07
Mike;

Listening to either side will give you a headache.

You'll never know for SURE which side is Lying to you until you've read
the evidence/testimony in the 26 violumes.

The 26 volumes PROVE that the authorities Repeatedly>>>>
Withheld Evidence
Altered Evidence
Suborned Perjury from witnesses
Destroyed Evidence.
Lied.

http://whokilledjfk.net/

"MSwanberg" <MSwa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

wig...@xit.net

Jul 13, 2007, 1:31:54 PM7/13/07

Mike, MO, his responses after being arrested seemed fairly similar to
comments he made prior to his arrest. In the discussions he had with
others regarding Kennedy's visit, parade route, etc. his questions &
answers didn't appear to have much legitimate intent in them. The
conversations LHO had with others, sounded as if he was trying
downplay or to separate himself from the particular subject rather
than be engaged in a normal conversation. He was playing "his" game,
as he had for 24 yrs..

David Von Pein

Jul 13, 2007, 7:41:04 PM7/13/07
>>> "Also, I am more curious about his previous line: "Police officer been killed?" It's a question. If he'd put three into Tippit's chest and then one into his head, he wouldn't be asking...he would know. But then he might have just been saying it to appear innocent." <<<

Exactly, Mike. That little ruse of LHO's is easy enough to see
through. He was caught red-handed with the Tippit murder weapon on
him, but still had a desire to save his own skin (quite obviously).

Oswald killed Tippit beyond EVERY SPECK of a doubt. So his saying
"police officer been killed?" (phrasing it as a question) is just one
more in a series of lies spouted by Oswald after his arrest. It was
probably his very first lie in fact.

And why in the world anyone wants to take the word of a proven
murderer as Gospel (e.g., "I'm just a patsy"; "That picture is faked";
"Police officer been killed?") is something I won't be able to
understand in a million years.

doug.w...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2007, 8:14:25 PM7/13/07

Just wanted to add why in the world anyone wants to take the word of a
proven liar as Gospel? For the sake of brevity, I like the one Oz
told Marina in Russia, that he was an orphan. "Uh Marina, I forgot.
My mother is alive & you're gonna just love her" (this is a fictional
quote, unlike the continuous lies of LHO).

MSwanberg

Jul 16, 2007, 4:12:42 PM7/16/07

Whereas there is a valid point to what you both are saying here, I
think it's wise to realize that everyone lies at some point, and no
one lies all the time. It's dangerous thinking to ascribe a trait
such as "liar" to someone and then begin believing the opposite of
everything that person says.

The wisest course of action, IMO, is to verify, where possible, the
things that people say.

-Mike

doug.w...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2007, 7:26:38 PM7/16/07
> -Mike- Hide quoted text -

Mike, I don't know if LHO was a pathological liar or how to describe
his habit. The amount of lies LHO told, begininng from an early age
to the end of his life, clearly were a part of his makeup as an
individual. Seems just about every event I've read regarding LHO's
life, has Lee telling falsehoods. Some of them very incredible,
moving to San Diego during the 10th grade, saying he accidently shot
himself with his service issue .45, telling his fiancee that he was an
orphan,etc..

Walt

Jul 16, 2007, 10:27:40 PM7/16/07
> -Mike- Hide quoted text -

There's absolutely no proof that the alleged exchange took place
between Oswald and Walker.

Walt

MSwanberg

Jul 17, 2007, 8:17:41 AM7/17/07
> orphan,etc..- Hide quoted text -

I certainly won't dispute that, as I have never researched LHO's life
in any great detail. All I am saying is that I note that a fair
percentage of the people that frequent this newsgroup seem to deal in
absolutes with almost everything. As such, I find that ideology to be
counterproductive.

Then again, I am here to learn. It seems some people are here just to
argue :-)

Thanks,
-Mike

tomnln

Jul 17, 2007, 12:29:52 PM7/17/07
Mike;
I'm here to address/debate evidence/tstimony.

Although I DO Enjoy RETALIATING to insults.
(usually using their own words)

http://www.whokilledjfk.net/mexcity.htm
http://www.whokilledjfk.net/Walker.htm
http://www.whokilledjfk.net/tippit.htm
http://www.whokilledjfk.net/Rifle.htm
http://www.whokilledjfk.net/single_bullet.htm
http://www.whokilledjfk.net/media_page.htm

"MSwanberg" <MSwa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

wig...@xit.net

Jul 17, 2007, 2:16:45 PM7/17/07

Your last paragraph is right on the money. I don't know what books
you might have read on the JFK assassination but if you want to learn
of LHOs' life, I would suggest Jean Davison's "Oswald's Game". She is
a frequent poster on the moderated site & you can google through her
past posts to understand the depth of her knowledge on the subject of
LHO. Separating the chafe from the grain is what it is all about,
those who can't are only left to insult & argue, IMO.

MSwanberg

Jul 18, 2007, 4:22:43 PM7/18/07
On Jul 17, 12:29 pm, "tomnln" <tom...@cox.net> wrote:
> Mike;
> I'm here to address/debate evidence/tstimony.
>
> Although I DO Enjoy RETALIATING to insults.
> (usually using their own words)
>
> http://www.whokilledjfk.net/mexcity.htmhttp://www.whokilledjfk.net/Walker.htmhttp://www.whokilledjfk.net/tippit.htmhttp://www.whokilledjfk.net/Rifle.htmhttp://www.whokilledjfk.net/single_bullet.htmhttp://www.whokilledjfk.net/media_page.htm
>
> "MSwanberg" <MSwanb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yes. I am sorry if I got a little hot-headed and lumped people into
groups. I have seen that you are very willing to address questions
directly and head-on.

Thank you for that. It helps people like me learn.

-Mike

tomnln

Jul 18, 2007, 4:29:44 PM7/18/07
Mike;

Any evidence/testimony you may want just ask & I can put it
HERE>>> http://whokilledjfk.net/you_asked_for_it.htm
Within one day's notice.

Should you need evidence/testimony FASTER,
Go HERE>>>

That's the difference between Winners/Losers.

A Loser wants to address ONLY those who already Agree with him.
(because his position is NOT defensible)

A Winner addresses his adversaries to discuss evidence/testimony.
(because his position IS defensible)

I have a Live Audio Chat Room on www.paltalk.com

Download & Use for FREE.

Once Logged on select Rooms, Social Issues & Politics.

Then select Government & Politics.

Scroll down to room called "Who Killed John F. Kennedy?"

I start between 8-9 pm e.s.t. EVERY NITE.

We can transfer files to one another Instantly.

ANY Exhibits of Evidence, ANY Testimony from WC/HSCA Volumes.