John Connally Is On Camera In 1967 Saying The SBT Is "Possible"

David VP

Mar 21, 2006, 4:17:19 PM3/21/06
Many/most newsgroup members probably do not have access to the
excellent CBS-TV 4-Part documentary series "The Warren Report"
(originally shown on CBS in mid-1967)....but I've managed to acquire a
copy of that program, and just recently discovered a very interesting
portion of that broadcast which relates to Governor John Connally's
(seemingly) long-standing, unwavering belief that he and JFK were
struck by separate bullets in Dallas on 11/22/63.

But Mr. Connally states without reservation within that 1967 "Warren
Report" program that he thinks the Single-Bullet Theory just might be
"possible".

Here are Connally's exact words from Part 2 of that CBS-TV WR special:

"The only way that I could ever reconcile my memory of what happened
and what occurred, with respect to the One-Bullet Theory is .... it HAD
to be the SECOND bullet that might have hit us both."

When the interviewer (who, btw, was Eddie Barker, who was part of the
original 11/22/63 TV coverage for Dallas CBS affiliate KRLD-TV) then
asked JBC the follow-up question of -- "Do you believe, Governor
Connally, that the first bullet could have missed, the second one hit
both of you, and the third one hit President Kennedy?".....

Connally's immediate response was -- "That's possible. That's
possible."

That scenario of the second gunshot equating to the "SBT" shot, which
Governor Connally admitted back in '67 to having been "possible", also
perfectly corresponds to other evidence in the case which bolsters the
likelihood of the SBT being an absolute fact, including Mr. Connally's
always-unshakable stance, which is repeated again for the CBS cameras
in that 1967 program, of -- "the first bullet did NOT hit me....the
second bullet DID hit me".

Mr. Connally also gave this on-camera statement during that same '67
"Warren Report" special .... "All I can say, with any finality, if the
Single-Bullet Theory IS correct, then it had to be the second bullet
that hit President Kennedy and me."

Therefore, the above almost-forgotten words spoken by Governor Connally
should (IMO) forever erase the widely-accepted erroneous idea that Mr.
Connally never even once admitted that he thought the SBT could have
possibly occurred that day in Dallas.

--------

Upon digging up some older (circa 2001) newsgroup postings from various
alt.jfk members, I came across this interesting thread.......

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/browse_thread/thread/8438bd924a7af69c/198e7a177c30febb

......Where Jean Davison makes these remarks re. Connally's non-SBT
beliefs:

"Yes, Tony, the SEPost was quoting verbatim from a LIFE
article of 11/26/66, and Connally did indeed say there that he was
certain he was hit by a separate bullet. He said this after
viewing Z frames at LIFE's offices and deciding that he'd been
hit in Z 234, which is of course after JFK was visibly reacting.
However, he hasn't "ALWAYS" said this. He told the HSCA
he didn't know when JFK was hit because he never saw him
after the firing began." -- J. Davison; July 25th, 2001

Now, what's rather interesting re. the above comments, IMO, would be
the date when Connally stated that he was "certain" he'd been hit by a
separate bullet (November of 1966) -- which was months PRIOR to
apparently doing a flip-flop (at least partially in his own mind) re.
the viability and "possibility" of the SBT. He tole Eddie Barker and
CBS-TV in mid-1967 the verbatim quotes I copied above....saying to the
world that the SBT was certainly not IMPOSSIBLE in his mind.

More of my thoughts regarding John Connally's and Nellie Connally's
beliefs in association with the JFK assassination can be found at the
following link:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/1893472825

pjsp...@aol.com

Mar 21, 2006, 4:43:02 PM3/21/06
I believe Connally said much this same thing in his HSCA testimony. He
said that he believed he was hit by the second shot and since the first
shot hit Kennedy... he assumed that they were hit by separate shots...
but if the first shot didn't hit Kennedy, well... But if you read on,
you'll see that he always ends up deferring to Nellie... well, Nellie
says we were hit by separate shots, and she's the best witness I know,
etc...

Unfortunately, neither Connally's testimony is completely reliable.
What I find ironic is that so many Warren Commission defenders will
quote Connally as if his testimony supports Posner, when it does
anything but. Connally makes it quite clear that he heard the first
shot when the limo was far past its position at Z-160. While he was
open-minded about which shot hit him, he never waivered on where he was
when he heard the first shot.

David VP

Mar 21, 2006, 5:07:12 PM3/21/06
>> "What I find ironic is that so many Warren Commission defenders will quote Connally as if his testimony supports Posner, when it does anything but. Connally makes it quite clear that he heard the first shot when the limo was far past its position at Z-160."

And just exactly how do the following Connally remarks made to the WC
in 1964 equate to JBC hearing "the first shot when the limo was far
past its position at Z-160"? ......

"We had--we had gone, I guess, 150 feet, maybe 200 feet, I don't recall
how far it was, heading down to get on the freeway .... We had just
made the turn, well, when I heard what I thought was a shot. I heard
this noise which I immediately took to be a rifle shot. I instinctively
turned to my right..."

There's a slight conflict within those two sentences spoken by Connally
-- "We had gone 150-200 feet" ... and ... "We had just made the turn".

It boils down, I suppose, to precisely how many FEET travelled down Elm
Mr. Connally equates to his comment "We had JUST made the turn..." (my
emphasis).

But, how do those words, in any fashion, negate the possibility of an
early Z160 (approx.) gunshot? IMO, they do no such thing. They are
ambiguous words at best. He's "estimating" things...."150 feet"; "200
feet"; "We just made the turn". None of those words refute the notion
of an early Z160 shot.

Plus, the ONLY visible "turn to the right" made by JBC occurs just 4
frames after Z160. CTers cannot explain this evidence in a pro-CT
manner (believably, that is). It's fairly obvious that Mr. Connally's
"First-Shot" right turn begins at circa Z164 on the Z-Film, because
there's NO OTHER TURN that could possibly account for a "1st-Shot Right
Turn" on Mr. Connally's behalf during the entire assassination/shooting
sequence (unless you want to believe, like some CTers do, that Connally
made an ultra-fast "glance" over his right shoulder during the precise
one-second timeframe when he was blocked from Mr. Zapruder's view while
behind the Stemmons sign).

Per CTers, that signage sure helped out the conspirators a hell of a
good bit -- it "hid" Connally's "1st-Shot Right Turn"; it "hid" the
exact moment that JFK was first hit (which I agree in this
instance...the sign DID technically do that); and, of course (per the
CT faction), the sign is "hiding" Kennedy's initial reaction to being
hit by a bullet at circa Z190-Z200.

Even the Dallas Department Of Signage must have been in on the
conspiracy....placing that sign in the perfect spot to hide the
evidence of multiple gunmen on November 22nd.

Remarkable. ;)

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/conn_j.htm