The Chain Of Possession For Bullet CE399

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Oct 7, 2007, 9:30:09 PM10/7/07

A FELLOW LNer SAID:

>>> "Darrell Tomlinson found the bullet and turned it over to Chief of Parkland Security OP Wright, who turned it over to Johnsen, who turned it over to Rowley, who turned it over to Todd, who turned it over to Frazier. Each of these men swore that they recieved a bullet from the other person. Regardless of whether any of them could "positively identify" a tiny bullet, this alone is proof of the chain of possession." <<<

DVP SAYS:

A very good point indeed.

I've had similar thoughts myself regarding this "chain of possession"
issue in the past (when asking the hypothetical question: "What Would
Prosecutor Bugliosi Have Done At An Actual Trial To Establish The
Chain Of Custody/Possession For CE399?").

In an earlier post I wrote:

"The chain of possession (or "chain of custody") is just fine for
Bullet CE399 (and for all the other Oswald-implicating evidence in the
JFK case). You surely don't think that just because civilians touched
some of the evidence before the cops got ahold of it, that makes it
worthless and inadmissible in court, do you?

CE399 has a clear chain of possession -- From Tomlinson, to Wright, to
Johnsen, to Rowley, to Todd, to Frazier.

A prosecutor (such as my favorite lawyer/author Vincent Bugliosi), at
the trial (had there been one), would have simply called the above-
referenced individuals to the witness stand in order to establish the
"chain" (which certainly would have been established without a shred
of a doubt).

Mr. Bugliosi, at the Oswald "TV Docu-Trial" in 1986 (which did adhere
to REAL rules of evidence and court procedures, even though it wasn't
an actual trial), in fact did (in essence) establish the admissibility
of Stretcher Bullet CE399 in a courtroom setting, which occurred
during the questioning of witness Vincent Guinn, when Bugliosi listed
the official pieces of evidence that Dr. Guinn examined for the HSCA,
including CE399 and one of the two large bullet fragments found in the
front seat of the limousine.

Later in Guinn's Mock Trial testimony, we have this exchange:

BUGLIOSI -- "What you're saying is that from your Neutron Activation
Analysis, there may have been fifty people firing at President Kennedy
that day....but if there were, they all missed....ONLY bullets fired
from Oswald's Carcano rifle hit the President. Is that correct?"

GUINN -- "That's a correct statement; yes." " -- DVP; 10/05/07

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/edb9433c8a976272

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/84689b600ce41d68

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/f90802d6225a380e

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Oct 8, 2007, 1:58:31 AM10/8/07

www.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/msg/3a357001c779cce1

>>> "It is not so far fetched." <<<

Yes, it is. Because you're suggesting something conspiratorial and
shady surrounding Bullet CE399 (and apparently some of the OTHER
fragments examined by Guinn as well) that cannot be supported or
proven in any possible way.

11/22/63 BULLET MATH:

1.) TWO of the FIVE bullet samples tested by Guinn (CE399 & CE567) are
positively TWO DIFFERENT BULLETS fired from Oswald's rifle. (With NAA
tests not even needed to determine this verifiable "They Are From
Oswald's Gun" fact.)

2.) And by far the best evidence is that the 2 victims were struck by
TWO and only two bullets on November 22nd.

It's not too overly difficult, therefore, to do the math when adding
#1 to #2 above. (And "NAA" results aren't even required here. Just
basic common sense and general probabilities.)

David Von Pein

Oct 9, 2007, 8:18:45 PM10/9/07

www.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/msg/12c40eb5fd4590f5

>>> "The bullet could have been switched to one matching the Carcano at any of those points." <<<

Which means, of course, that such a switcheroo MUST have happened (per
CTers), even though no CTer has come anywhere close to proving such a
silly thing did occur. Right?

Plus, there's this to chew on --- WHATEVER bullet that was found on
that stretcher by Tomlinson...it was a WHOLE, UNFRAGMENTED BULLET (per
Tomlinson and Wright)....which means it was a bullet that DID do the
damage to Gov. Connally and DID emerge in very good (unfragmented)
condition on a stretcher.....which is a scenario that virtually no
CTer believes could have occurred (i.e., CTers don't think it's even
remotely possible for a bullet to come out in that good a shape after
crashing through John Connally).

Or do CTers actually think the bullet found by Tomlinson had NOTHING
whatever to do with the JFK/JBC shooting? If that's the case, where
did that bullet come from? What Parkland patient is it really
connected to?

Or do CTers now want to introduce this new, incredibly-stupid theory?
--- The stretcher bullet that Tomlinson found was "planted" AND was
then switched for a Carcano bullet from Oswald's gun later on.

Which means the bumbling bullet-planters planted the WRONG type
bullet...and then some other plotters had to come along and straighten
out the mistake.

So, which is it? --- A WHOLE, unfragmented non-Carcano bullet found by
Tomlinson that went through Connally (and JBC was hit by just ONE
bullet, per the preponderance of the evidence)?

Or:

CE399 was found by Tomlinson? (Which would mean CTers who love the
idea of Tomlinson finding a "pointy-tipped bullet" will have to
abandon that theory.)