Fingerprints:"The FBI Didn't Find A Goddamn Thing"

lazu...@webtv.net

Apr 3, 2010, 3:03:31 PM4/3/10
Remember that line in Oliver Stone's great film? Referring to when FBI
Fingerprint expert Sebastian Latona gets the Mannlicher Carcano from Lt.
Carl Day- and he checks the rifle thoroughly and there were no prints
zero, nada, so presto! like magic- prints suddenly appear as Oswald's,
when the carcano is returned to the Dallas Police.

David Von Pein

Apr 3, 2010, 3:37:37 PM4/3/10

Doesn't mean a thing that the FBI didn't see the print. The bulk of
that print was in Dallas, and Lt. Day lifted it off Oswald's rifle
himself on Nov. 22.

Only a kook thinks Lt. Carl Day lied about lifting Oswald's print off
of the rifle within hours of the assassination.

Are you that kook, Laz?

timstter

Apr 3, 2010, 4:46:33 PM4/3/10

Looks like Laz gets all his info out of things like Stone's movie and
Mark Lane's books.

No wonder he doesn't know anything.

KUTGW, Laz!

Stick to ping pong, mate.

Regards,

Tim Brennan
Sydney, Australia
*Newsgroup(s) Commentator*

lazu...@webtv.net

Apr 4, 2010, 3:59:19 AM4/4/10
If Day found the print Von Pein- Latona at the FBI sure as hell would
have found it...Laz

David Von Pein

Apr 4, 2010, 4:35:31 AM4/4/10

>>> "If [Lieutenant J.C.] Day found the print, Von Pein, [Sebastian] Latona at the FBI sure as hell would have found it." <<<

But let me ask you a logical question -- How could Sebastian Latona
find a print that had ALREADY BEEN LIFTED OFF THE RIFLE by Lieutenant
J.C. Day?

Lt. Day did say that he thought there was still enough traces of the
print left on the rifle for the FBI to see it, which is something I
have never fully understood, since the print had essentially been
LIFTED off the gun by Day. So I've always wondered how the FBI was
supposed to re-lift an identifiable print of an already-lifted
identifiable print?

~shrug~

But, then too, I'm not a member of the crime scene search section of
the identification bureau of the Dallas Police Department.

But Lt. Day was.

Via Lieutenant Day's Warren Commission testimony:

LT. J.C. DAY -- "The gun was being sent in to them [FBI] for process
of prints. Actually I thought the print on the gun was their best bet,
still remained on there, and, too, there was another print, I thought
possibly under the wood part up near the trigger housing."

DAVID W. BELIN -- "You mean the remaining traces of the powder you had
when you got the lift, Exhibit 637, is that what you mean by the lift
of the remaining print on the gun?"

LT. DAY -- "Yes, sir. Actually it was dried ridges on there. There
were traces of ridges still on the gun barrel."

==============

Anyway, the key point is: Carl Day lifted Oswald's print off the gun
before CE139 was sent to the FBI around 11:45 PM on 11/22/63.

And no kook in this world, no matter how hard he tries, is going to
prove that Lt. Day DIDN'T lift this print (CE637) off of that rifle:

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/pages/WH_Vol17_0158b.jpg

drummist1965

Apr 4, 2010, 9:12:46 AM4/4/10

.

bigdog

Apr 4, 2010, 11:07:28 AM4/4/10
> http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/pages/WH_Vol17_...

I can just imagine laz's reaction. Lift a print? Can they do that?

mucher1

Apr 4, 2010, 11:56:54 AM4/4/10
On 4 Apr., 09:59, lazuli...@webtv.net wrote:
> If Day found the print Von Pein- Latona at the FBI sure as hell would
> have found it...Laz

You keep saying that "the FBI couldn't find a goddamn thing," but--
according to the FBI fingerprint expert who eximined the rifle--there
WERE faint prints in the area previously examined by the Dallas
police:

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh4/html/WC_Vol4_0015a.htm

Mr. EISENBERG. And was there a print visible to you underneath the
cellophane?
Mr. LATONA. I could see faintly ridge formations there. However,
examination disclosed to me that the formations, the ridge formations
and characteristics, were insufficient for purposes of either
effecting identification or a determination that the print was not
identical with the prints of people. Accordingly, my opinion simply
was that the latent prints which were there were of no value.

drummist1965

Apr 4, 2010, 12:14:47 PM4/4/10

.

Gil Jesus

Apr 4, 2010, 6:38:04 PM4/4/10
On Apr 3, 3:37�pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:

> Only a kook thinks Lt. Carl Day lied about lifting Oswald's print off
> of the rifle within hours of the assassination.

Got a picture of that palm print on the rifle before it was lifted ?

mucher1

Apr 4, 2010, 6:49:26 PM4/4/10

Gil Jesus

Apr 4, 2010, 6:55:34 PM4/4/10

No sorry that's a picture of the trigger guard.

I'm looking for a picture of the palm print on the rifle before it was
lifted.

The palm print wasn't lifted from the trigger guard.

Thanks anyways.

David Von Pein

Apr 4, 2010, 7:32:30 PM4/4/10

>>> "Got a picture of that palm print on the rifle before it was lifted?" <<<

Of course not. Because no such picture was taken by anybody before Lt.
Day lifted the print off of the rifle.

Duhhhhh!

So now the insufferable kook named Gil is going to suggest that
Lieutenant Carl Day couldn't POSSIBLY have physically lifted Lee
Harvey Oswald's palmprint off of the barrel of Rifle CE139, because
Day didn't take a PICTURE of the print before he lifted it.

This is typical of the way kooks "solve" this case -- i.e., the stuff
we DON'T have in evidence is always (always!) much, much more valuable
and important than the Oswald-incriminating stuff that we DO have.

Oswald's rifle-carrying paper bag being another perfect illustration
of this CT mentality. Since there's no PHOTO of the bag in place in
the Sniper's Nest, to a kook like Gil this HAS to mean that NO PAPER
BAG was there in the Nest at all.

If conspiracy kooks were responsible for putting criminals behind
bars, every prison would be unoccupied wastelands.

mucher1

Apr 5, 2010, 6:09:59 AM4/5/10

My bad. I wasn't paying close enough attention, and I guess it didn't
occur to me that you would ask for something that you know doesn't
exist.

robcap...@netscape.com

Apr 5, 2010, 10:01:00 AM4/5/10
On Apr 3, 3:37 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> Doesn't mean a thing that the FBI didn't see the print. The bulk of
> that print was in Dallas, and Lt. Day lifted it off Oswald's rifle
> himself on Nov. 22.

Really?? I thought Lt. Day said he COULD STILL SEE THE PRINT AFTER he
did the lift??

Quote on

Lt. Day related AFTER he made the lift of the palm print on the
underside of the barrel, HE COULD STILL SEE THIS PALM PRINT on the
underside of the barrel of the gun and would have PHOTOGRAPHED same
had he NOT BEEN ORDERED to cease his examination! (emphasis mine)

Quote off

This comes from document CE-3145 in Vol. XXVI on page 832!

Who had the authority to order him to CEASE HIS EXAMINATION OF THE
ALLEGED MURDER weapon Dave?

Why did Latona NOT see any print when Lt. Day said it was STILL
VISIBLE Dave?

Cue the tap dancing that is about to begin!

> Only a kook thinks Lt. Carl Day lied about lifting Oswald's print off
> of the rifle within hours of the assassination.

He probably did, but let's not jump ahead. Explain for us why he said
the PRINT WAS STILL VISIBLE and yet the WC said the print was
"completely lifted" for us first Dave!

> Are you that kook, Laz?

YOU are the kook, and like most kooks, you don't even take the time to
learn about the evidence you defend so much!

robcap...@netscape.com

Apr 5, 2010, 10:02:26 AM4/5/10
On Apr 4, 11:56 am, mucher1 <much...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 Apr., 09:59, lazuli...@webtv.net wrote:
>
> > If Day found the print Von Pein- Latona at the FBI sure as hell would
> > have found it...Laz
>
> You keep saying that "the FBI couldn't find a goddamn thing," but--
> according to the FBI fingerprint expert who eximined the rifle--there
> WERE faint prints in the area previously examined by the Dallas
> police:
>
> http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh4/html/WC_Vol4...

> Mr. EISENBERG. And was there a print visible to you underneath the
> cellophane?
> Mr. LATONA. I could see faintly ridge formations there. However,
> examination disclosed to me that the formations, the ridge formations
> and characteristics, were insufficient for purposes of either
> effecting identification or a determination that the print was not
> identical with the prints of people. Accordingly, my opinion simply
> was that the latent prints which were there were of no value.

Tsk, Tsk, Mark, this is NOT THE SAME AS THE PALM PRINT AND YOU
PROBABLY KNOW IT TOO!

These were WORTHLESS in terms of being identifiable Mark.

Message has been deleted

lazu...@webtv.net

Apr 5, 2010, 4:03:53 PM4/5/10
That's good guys- what I want to know exactly is how long did Day
initially have the rifle& how long did Latona examine it, and then Day
again, for the supposed confirmation of the print?...Laz