Rare Kennedy Photographs

David Von Pein

Jan 20, 2007, 1:17:00 AM1/20/07
RARELY-SEEN
KENNEDY-RELATED
PHOTOGRAPHS;

BEFORE AND AFTER
PRESIDENT KENNEDY'S
ASSASSINATION:

------------------------------------

I recently took note of the following beautiful color photograph, which
was taken at Love Field in Dallas on November 22, 1963, just seconds
before Jackie Kennedy was handed a bouquet of red roses by Mrs. Earle
Cabell (the wife of the Dallas mayor):
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9396.jpg

The above photo is one I had never seen until very recently....which
goes to illustrate the vast amount of material (photos, documents,
etc.) that is out there in the public domain that some people may not
have seen in the past -- even a person with a great interest in looking
at virtually everything connected with President John F. Kennedy's
assassination.

The picture above exhibits fabulous color, as can be seen. It is one of
a series of Love Field photos snapped by White House photographer Cecil
Stoughton on the day of JFK's death.

Here's another rarely-published color photo (taken by Stoughton) of the
Kennedys amongst the crowd at Love Field on November 22nd. JFK, Jackie,
and Secret Service man Clint Hill are clearly visible:
http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/images/4/45/Photo_jfkl-01_0062-C420-23-63.jpg

Full, uncropped version of the most famous of Cecil Stoughton's Love
Field pictures from 11/22/63:
www.history-matters.com/essays/jfkmed/How5Investigations/images/STC4201363_11-22-63.jpg

Some details about the above photograph:
www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/discussions/start-thread.html/?ASIN=B0002P0DRS&reviewID=R13KQL2X5S0CR6&iid=&displayType=ReviewDetail

At the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce breakfast on November 22, 1963:
http://www.dallasnews.com/img/photo/11-03/jfkb.jpg

This is a rare black-and-white picture showing JFK and Jackie greeting
the well-wishers at Love Field. The large size of the airport crowd is
clearly evident in this photo:
http://www.artnet.com/picture.asp?date=20030523&catalog=17053&gallery=111618&lot=00138&filetype=2

Here's a rarely-seen angle of the Kennedys deplaning at Love Field:
http://www.carnegiemuseums.org/cmag/bk_issue/2003/novdec/images/feat2_image2.jpg

The above picture was taken by Robert Jackson of the Dallas Times
Herald. Jackson, just a short time after he took that photo, would be
one of the very few witnesses who would observe a rifle being withdrawn
into a sixth-floor window of the Texas School Book Depository within
seconds of the last gunshot being fired at JFK in Dealey Plaza. Jackson
would also go on to earn a Pulitzer Prize for his famous picture
showing Jack Ruby murdering Lee Harvey Oswald. Although certainly not a
"rare" photo by any means, here is Jackson's Prize-winning snapshot
(complete, uncropped version):
http://img53.exs.cx/img53/6539/DeathOfOswald-real.jpg

Details about Bob Jackson's perfectly-timed "Ruby Shoots Oswald" photo:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/discussions/start-thread.html/ref=cm_rdp_dp/103-9597227-6764635?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0000W08GE&authorID=A1FDW1SPYKB354&store=yourstore&reviewID=R3LDQF5LBJKIPD&displayType=ReviewDetail

Another view of the President and First Lady coming off of Air Force
One in Dallas (click on image for an extra-large version):
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5601.jpg

Here's a really rare one -- an aerial view of the JFK limousine in the
Dallas motorcade on 11/22/63. Note that driver Bill Greer has his door
ajar for some reason (perhaps the car is completely stopped; it stopped
twice during the parade):
http://members.tripod.com/justicewell-ivil/bottom.jpg

Another rarely-published pic of the Dallas motorcade and the heavy
crowds that JFK and the First Lady encountered on November 22, 1963:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5541.jpg

This eerie photo shows President Kennedy's car turning the corner at
Main and Houston Streets in Dallas, with the Book Depository visible in
the background:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/8068.jpg

A few minutes after the President was shot, we see people rushing
toward the "Grassy Knoll" area. Visible in this photo are Charles Brehm
and Mary Moorman:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/4932.jpg

The scene at the Parkland Hospital emergency entrance. The Presidential
limo is visible under the overhang:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9446.jpg

Also at Parkland Hospital (Mrs. Earle Cabell is seated in the car in
the foreground):
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/images/mrscabel.jpg

A carton of blood being carried into Parkland:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/8348.jpg

An eerie and realistic-looking painting of Jackie Kennedy and the slain
President in the limousine at Parkland Hospital:
http://www.geocities.com/~ptgustan/pieta1.jpg

JFK's secretary (Evelyn Lincoln) outside of Parkland:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/8339.jpg

JFK's body leaving Parkland via ambulance:
http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri4/new_Parkland.jpg

The heavy police presence at the front entrance of the Book Depository:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9443.jpg

The Depository after the shooting (taken from the Elm Street
"extension"):
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/8380.jpg

Photos of Dealey Plaza and the Texas School Book Depository in the days
following the assassination:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9973.jpg
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9974.jpg
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9977.jpg
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9979.jpg
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9994.jpg

The police question witnesses at Dallas Police headquarters:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/8267.jpg

A bruised and handcuffed Lee Harvey Oswald:
http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/mvigeant/univ_270_03/Derek/Oswald.gif

Following the swearing-in of LBJ on Air Force One on 11/22/63:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5065.jpg

Rare shot of Air Force One at Love Field:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5143.jpg

Abraham Zapruder talks with WFAA-TV's Jay Watson shortly after the
assassination (11/22/63):
http://www.dallasnews.com/img/photo/11-03/jfkj.jpg

JFK Funeral images (November 24-25, 1963):
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9580.jpg
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Kennedy/jk-funrl-B-reg.jpg
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Kennedy/JackieImpProfile-reg.jpg

Lee Harvey Oswald arrives at Parkland after being shot by Jack Ruby
(11/24/63). Note Jim Leavelle in the photo too. Leavelle was the DPD
detective who was handcuffed to Oswald when LHO was shot:
http://www.dallasnews.com/img/photo/11-03/jfkq.jpg

Oswald's DPD jail cell:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5054.jpg

Jack Ruby's "Carousel Club":
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5040.jpg

A photo of Richard Nixon on 11/22/63:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5044.jpg

New President Lyndon B. Johnson (November 23, 1963):
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2295.jpg

Marguerite Oswald:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5047.jpg

Marguerite playing detective:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5060.jpg

Lee Oswald's shoebox-sized rented room at 1026 North Beckley Avenue in
Oak Cliff (Dallas). Barely room enough to swing a cat:
http://www.internationalnewsagency.org/Conspi20.jpg

November 24, 1967, LIFE Magazine cover:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5055.jpg

Rich-looking and detail-filled color photo, taken in November 1963,
just days before JFK's death:
http://media.nara.gov/media/images/4/2/04-0147a.gif

Chatting with Ol' Blue Eyes:
http://www.medaloffreedom.com/JohnFKennedy_FriendFrankSinatra.jpg

Barbra Streisand....meet President Kennedy:
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2279.jpg

Jacqueline Kennedy arriving at the National Gallery of Art in
Washington, D.C. (November 1961):
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Kennedy/Jackie_tut-reg.jpg

October 1963 (Halloween at the White House):
http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/photoessays/familylife/images/06-ST-C372-6-63-kennedy-js.jpg

November 1963 (the bird was spared from its fate by JFK, btw):
http://www.whitehouse.gov/ask/images/20031121_kn-c30594-518v.jpg

A 1962 photo of John Kennedy at Cape Canaveral. LBJ sure looks thrilled
here, huh? And he is supposed to be the leader of the whole space
program: :)
http://pics2.spoonfeeder.com/AieFTPFiles/AIEUser/8GJ9C3V8FY8R/UBNM49QHJHHS.jpg

JFK doesn't seem too happy with the policeman who is restraining a
Kennedy fan during a motorcade:
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/uploads/post-5425-1164184313.jpg

JFK's last birthday party (May 1963). That's Kennedy aide David Powers
(in glasses) in the picture too:
http://media.nara.gov/media/images/4/2/04-0139a.gif

Official invitation to John F. Kennedy's 1961 Inauguration:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5132.jpg

Inauguration Day in a snowy and cold Washington, D.C. (Friday, January
20, 1961):
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/pardthp.jpg

President Kennedy's cabinet being officially sworn in (January 1961):
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/cabinetthp.jpg

JFK in Tampa, Florida (November 18, 1963):
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/JFK_20.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/JFKandcrowd.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/jfkincarccrev.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/JFK_60.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/jfkcuaug29.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/JFKMotorcade.jpg
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/11/18/images/xlarge/FLO_1_te18parad__1118.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/JFKMacDilldeparture.jpg

A busy motorcade (not sure where this is, but it's a nice photo):
http://www.jfklibrary.org/NR/rdonlyres/D46740EC-0E67-4B0B-A6EF-F5506565FF70/23600/KNC2934327JUN1963.jpg

Opening Day of the 1961 baseball season:
http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/b9/7c/d1_1_b.JPG

Jack Kennedy and a stunning Jacqueline Kennedy in 1961:
http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=91238&rendTypeId=4

Jackie Kennedy in early 1962 (during her "White House Tour"):
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2235.jpg

Jack & Jackie; Their Wedding Day (September 12, 1953); In Newport,
Rhode Island:
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/4/4626.jpg
http://www.americanheritage.com/assets/images/articles/web/20050912-sept12.jpg

A Jackie Kennedy close-up:
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant/real%20photo/061_Jackie_Kennedy___Ottawa_B_W.jpg

A terrific photo of Jack and Jackie:
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2777.jpg

JFK's last birthday bash (May 1963):
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2261.jpg

Candid shot of Jack, Jackie, Caroline, and John-John:
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2835.jpg

Another "First Family" photograph:
http://www.linternaute.com/actualite/savoir/06/john-kennedy-jr/images/610929.jpg

This one's a bit eerie -- Jackie has on the same pink suit she wore in
Dallas, minus the pillbox hat here. If it's not the same outfit, she
must have had two exactly alike. In addition to this picture, there's
also at least one other photo showing Jackie wearing this pink suit at
a time other than 11/22/63:
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/0/0950.jpg

My all-time favorite photo of Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis (I love this
woman):
http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/onassis_jackie2.jpg

Another great shot of JFK and Jackie (especially of Jackie; God, I love
this woman; ~wink~):
http://extremecatholic.blogspot.com/images/mantilla/jfk-dating.jpg

JFK in Key West, Florida (November 26, 1962):
http://www.missilesofkeywest.bravepages.com/KNcarHomest.jpg
http://www.missilesofkeywest.bravepages.com/jfk.jpg
http://www.missilesofkeywest.bravepages.com/kennedyCROWD.jpg

BTW, this Lincoln convertible (seen below) is not the same limo that
JFK was riding in during the Dallas motorcade. This one isn't a
"stretch" limo, and lacks the middle "jump" seats:
http://www.missilesofkeywest.bravepages.com/KNcarHomest.jpg

JFK riding in X100, his 1961 Lincoln convertible (this is the Dallas
car; note the stretched extra section between the door handles and, of
course, the overhead cross-bar):
http://www.big13.net/Tommy%20Eure/Tommy_Eure_33.jpg

JFK, the kids, and "Macaroni":
http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/holiday/historicalpets3/images/1961-macaroni-398h.jpg

September 1963 photo taken at Joseph Kennedy's 75th birthday party:
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/63/joe-partythp.jpg

Jacqueline Kennedy, shortly after the death of her infant son (Patrick)
in 1963:
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/jbkthp.jpg

Jackie and John Jr. playing in the snow at the White House (1962):
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/sledthp.jpg

John-John and Caroline romp in the Oval Office:
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/dncthp.jpg

cdddraftsman

Jan 20, 2007, 4:07:20 AM1/20/07
Excellent David ! Excellent ! ..........tl

Martin Shackelford

Jan 20, 2007, 5:20:05 AM1/20/07
The "eerie photo" is the long-known Weaver Polaroid.

Martin

"David Von Pein" <davev...@aol.com> wrote in message

David Von Pein

Jan 20, 2007, 6:21:58 AM1/20/07
>>> "The "eerie photo" is the long-known Weaver Polaroid." <<<

Yes, I know that, Martin. I just didn't specifically identify Weaver by
name as the cameraman.

Regardless of photographer, it IS still an "eerie" hunk of imagery.

eca...@comcast.net

Jan 20, 2007, 10:14:45 AM1/20/07
DVP these are GREAT!!

Thanks so much!

Ed Cage

Message has been deleted

aeffects

Jan 20, 2007, 12:59:04 PM1/20/07

David Von Pein wrote:

> Yes, I know that, Martin. I just didn't specifically identify Weaver by
> name as the cameraman.

get on the ball -- you're not paid to forget major points like that....

David Von Pein

Jan 21, 2007, 3:17:11 AM1/21/07
DVP: "Yes, I know that, Martin. I just didn't specifically identify

Weaver by name as the cameraman."

David H: "Get on the ball -- you're not paid to forget major points
like that."

DVP: I didn't "forget". I simply didn't mention the photographer's
name. Just as I didn't mention the cameraman's name for gobs of the
other pics I posted either.

David Von Pein

Jan 21, 2007, 4:51:48 AM1/21/07

Martin Shackelford

Jan 21, 2007, 7:58:15 AM1/21/07
The odd thing is why so many widely-published photos are included in his
"rare" list.

Martin

"aeffects" <aeff...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

David Von Pein

Jan 21, 2007, 8:27:03 AM1/21/07
>>> "The odd thing is why so many widely-published photos are included in his "rare" list." <<<

Gotta be a photo conspiracy.

What else could it be?

Anyway....the majority of the above pics I had never seen before until
fairly recently. If you've seen them, though, Marty....good for you.

David Von Pein

Mar 12, 2007, 11:53:02 PM3/12/07
Some great pictures of The Oval Office over the years (including circa
The Kennedy Era):

http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/west-wing/oval-office.htm

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted