Yet Another Installment in Cultural Learnings of David von Pein for Make Conclusion of No Conspiracy

Baron Wrangle

Jul 10, 2011, 5:03:59 PM7/10/11
Here's one of Davey's web pages:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/becoming-lone-assassin-believer.html

On it, he asks the question, "WHAT IS ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO GO ABOUT
THE TASK OF DEBUNKING MOST OF THE MAJOR JFK CONSPIRACY THEORIES
(WITHOUT REALLY TRYING TOO HARD)?" I don't know--blow your own brains
out? No! Instead, Davey suggests, "WATCH (OR LISTEN TO) THE ORIGINAL
LIVE TELEVISION AND RADIO COVERAGE FROM 11/22/63." Let's do it! Here's
Part Six of the ABC coverage of the assassination, from one of Davey's
playlists:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidVonPein1#p/c/877B49732EC6DAC8/5/QAtbl0QJE3Y

From 1:36 to 4:36, Jay Watson of WFAA-TV interviewed Mr. and Mrs.
William Newman. Here is my transcript of the interview:

WATSON

May I have your name, please, sir?

NEWMAN

Bill Newman.

WATSON

And this is Mrs. Newman?

MRS. NEWMAN

Yes.

WATSON

And this is?

JAMES NEWMAN

James.

WATSON

James. And this is?

BILLY NEWMAN

Billy.

WATSON

Billy, tell me what you saw and what you felt, what happened to you.

NEWMAN

Well, we had just come from Love Field after seeing the President and
the First Lady and we were just in front of the Triple Underpass on
Elm Street and we were at the edge of the curb getting ready to wave
at the President.

WATSON

You were down--you were down under the viaduct, so to speak . . .

NEWMAN

No, we were halfway in between . . .

WATSON

. . . on the grass . . .

NEWMAN

. . . the Triple Underpass, we were at the curb when the incident
happened, but, the President's car was some fifty feet still up in
front of us coming towards me. There was a shot and the President, I
don't know who was hit first, but the President jumped up in his seat
and I thought it scared him, there was a firecracker, cause he looked,
you know, fear, and then, as the car got directly in front of us,
well, a gunshot apparently from behind us hit the President side, side
of the temple.

WATSON

Did, do you, do you think the first gunshot came, uh, from behind you
too?

NEWMAN

I think it come from the same location, uh, apparently back up on the,
the, uh, uh, mall, uh, what you call it . . .

WATSON

For the definitive, the definitive nomenclature all of you folks have
gone out, out of the viaduct, and as you turn going into the viaduct
on the left hand side there's grass, uh, do you think the shot came
from up on top of the viaduct toward the President, is that correct?

NEWMAN

Yes, sir, not on the viaduct itself, but up on top of the hill, the
mound of ground, the garden . . .

WATSON

How far away would you say that is from where the President was, a
couple, three hundred yards, something like that?

NEWMAN

Well, I have no idea, because I didn't see the, the, where the gunshot
come from. We were looking directly at the President and he was
hit . . .

WATSON

Em, hmm.

NEWMAN

. . . and he was nearly directly in front of us, and we didn't realize
what happened until we seen the side of his head, when the bullet hit
him in the head.

WATSON

Did you see the blood coming out of his head?

NEWMAN

Yes, yes sir, that's what we seen, I seen it, I don't know if my
wife's seen . . .

WATSON

Did you . . .

MRS. NEWMAN

Yes sir, it was awful.

WATSON

I think it is awful.

NEWMAN

Uh, it's . . .

WATSON

What kind of work do you do, sir?

NEWMAN

Uh, construction work, or electrician.

WATSON

Is this, uh, is this the first time that you have seen a President of
the United States? Did you see him when he was here before in 1961?

NEWMAN

No, sir.

WATSON

You're a housewife?

MRS. NEWMAN

Yes, sir.

WATSON

Did you take the day off to go downtown and see the President?

MRS. NEWMAN

Yes, sir, we did. We allowed our children to see it.

WATSON

Uh, were you in the line of fire? I noticed, I remembered vividly,
whenever I walked over and looked at the banister over there and saw
across the street that you were down on the ground, uh, so that, to
keep out of the line of fire. What was the first thought that struck
at you?

MRS. NEWMAN

Well, I thought it was a firecracker and I saw the blood and I, I had
the baby and I just ran and we, I got on top of him and laid on the
grass. It scared me, it was terrible.

WATSON

Did you see anyone else hit besides the, uh . . .

MRS. NEWMAN

I, uh, Governor Connally was kind of turned to the side and he grabbed
his stomach.

There you have it: no statements from eyewitnesses, free of garbling
by journalists, no evidence of shots coming from anywhere but the
Texas School Book Depository, no careful distinction between the
grassy knoll and the Warren Commission's favorite straw man, the
Triple Underpass--if you remembered to blow your brains out. If not,
all bets are off.

Many years ago, I attended a taping of "Call My Bluff." I must have
taken the title as a directive.

BW

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jul 11, 2011, 1:17:47 AM7/11/11

Apparently Baron thinks that the WFAA-TV interview with Bill and Gayle
Newman is providing proof of a multi-gun conspiracy. Of course, their
interview does no such thing.

In fact, the Newmans' multiple interviews on WFAA (see the link below
for all of their 11/22 interviews in one place) tend to establish two
important things that absolutely no conspiracy theorist believe:

1.) There were no more than three shots fired (Bill Newman heard only
TWO shots, in fact).

2.) All of the shots that the Newmans heard came from just ONE single
location.

Now, how many CTers think that the Newmans were correct about either
of the above two things?

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/11/bill-and-gayle-newman.html

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jul 17, 2011, 4:26:34 AM7/17/11

DAVID LIFTON SAID (VIA E-MAIL):

It seems to me that, when it comes to the Newmans, DVP is just a flat
out liar. (Would you not agree?)

FYI: In November, 1971, I was in Dallas and spent an evening with the
Newmans--both of them. I had a SONY tape recorder. There was no
question in their minds that the shots came from "above and behind"
them--and by that they were talking about the area directly behind
where they were standing, just as they indicated in their original
interviews.

Guys like DVP are committed to a false reality, and will bend the
English language to support their misconception.

I really do believe he's just a garden variety liar.

DSL

==============================

DAVID VON PEIN THEN SAID:

David "ALL SHOTS CAME FROM THE FRONT" Lifton,

I take offense at being labelled a "garden variety liar" by you. If
either one of us has mangled the truth in the JFK case, it's certainly
not me. It's you.

Take a look at the Bronson slide. At the time of the head shot, what
location is "directly behind" the Newmans?

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/David_Von_Pein/JFK%20ASSASSINATION%20PHOTO%20ALBUM%20--%20VOLUME%201/Bronson_Photo_With_JFKs_Car_On_Elm.jpg

Answer: the pergola/peristyle area -- NOT the famous Grassy Knoll/
picket fence shooting location that you conspiracy kooks love so well.

William E. Newman is on record (within 25 minutes of the
assassination) saying that he thought there were TWO shots, with both
of those shots coming from "behind" him from the direction of the
"garden" behind him, which is not the picket fence area (like it or
not).

And Newman is even more specific in his 11/22/63 affidavit, when he
said that the "shot" had come from "directly behind me". And there's
no doubt that his "directly behind me" remark was referring to the
HEAD SHOT, and Mr. Newman even confirms that fact in his 2003
interview at the Sixth Floor Museum.

And during that 2003 interview, Newman goes into even more detail
about his observations (Part 2, linked below, at the 6:20 mark), when
Bill Newman says that his opinion about the direction from which the
head shot came was derived more from the "visual impact that it had on
me more so than the noise".

Newman saw the right side of JFK's explode, and he immediately
interpreted that VISUAL experience as having being caused by a bullet
that struck the President in that right-front area of his head. And
Newman explicitly says that very thing in this 2003 interview:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/GayleN

So, Mr. Lifton, is Bill Newman lying in the above video when he states
that it was more what he SAW than what he HEARD which caused him to
believe that the head shot had come from "behind" him?

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/11/bill-and-gayle-newman.html