Online DVP Interview

David Von Pein

Jun 10, 2011, 8:34:53 PM6/10/11

I had a lot of fun recently talking with a fellow by the name of
Mitchell Hadley, who maintains multiple blogs and websites pertaining
to television and American culture.

Mitchell interviewed me about my collection of TV coverage on the JFK
assassination, plus some other stuff. So, I thought I'd share the link
to the article:

http://www.ItsAboutTV.com/2011/06/its-about-tv-interview-jfk.html

timstter

Jun 11, 2011, 5:39:57 PM6/11/11

No advertising, troll!

(Sorry, Dave, couldn't resist!) :-)

Looks like a good interview.

Regards,

Tim Brennan
Sydney, Australia
*Newsgroup(s) Commentator*

bigdog

Jun 11, 2011, 8:11:03 PM6/11/11

David,

I have DVDs of the earliest CBS and ABC coverage but nothing for NBC.
Do you have link to that? Also, I believe it was on the 40th
anniversary that THC replayed all of NBC's coverage from the first
bulletins through the burial. I've always regretted not taping that.
Do you have any or all of that coverage?

Thanks,

bigdog

timstter

Jun 11, 2011, 8:38:38 PM6/11/11

Bigdog,

The Kennedy's is still running down here, fourth and last installment
airs tonight. I think you're right about Barry Pepper. His portrayl of
RFK is very good. The other fellow, though, does look uncannily like
JFK. I think you nailed it, though, in that he doesn't quite convey
the sense of humour.

Highlights so far:

Episode One: When JFK addresses the Gold Star mothers.

Episode Two: When RFK pulls up the head of the JCS, trying to
criticise Kennedy after the Bay of Pigs.

Episode Three: Not sure yet. Maybe when Giancana asks Joe Kennedy
about Gloria Swanson, LOL!

Looking forward to the conclusion tonight!

aeffects

Jun 12, 2011, 2:41:08 AM6/12/11

my goodness the lone nut pussy brigade.... all we need is Slamin'
Sammy 'doing brown' Brown... and it's David Dave Reitzes not David Von
Pein.... now, OFF your knees, this is embarrassing, even for
CT's...sheeeeesh!

David Von Pein

Jun 12, 2011, 7:28:07 AM6/12/11

Bigdog,

I have the 6-hour version of the NBC coverage that ran in 1988 on A&E
(hosted by Edwin Newman). All of that is located at the link below
(the first 4 hours, though, are actually from a different source, not
the Edwin Newman '88 broadcast):

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5A7AB25B97DEDAE9

bigdog

Jun 12, 2011, 1:23:52 PM6/12/11
> *Newsgroup(s) Commentator*- Hide quoted text -

I'm think you'll like the last part. Overall, I'd give this production
a solid B. Enjoyable to watch even with the flaws. I thought the
actress who played Jackie did a nice job as well but I can't remember
her name right now and I'm too lazy to look it up. She made her seem
more real and down to earth than the goddess that many people believed
she was. The guy who played Teddy was very good too. Oh wait. Nobody
played Teddy. He kind of got airbrushed out of the family portrait. If
all you knew about the Kennedys was what you learned in the
miniseries, you'd never know there was a Ted Kennedy. I wonder why.

bigdog

Jun 12, 2011, 1:32:37 PM6/12/11

I found the YouTube videos of the NBC coverage and have watched the
first two installments. Very interesting. Not surprising is that the
early reports got much right and much wrong. NBC initially put the
time of the assassination at 12:45. I got the impression that they
were the last of the networks to get the story on the air. I think CBS
broke in with their initial bulletin about 10 minutes after it
happened, although I can't confirm the precise time. All three
networks seemed to know from the outset that JFK had probably been hit
in the head and wasn't going to make it but none stated so flatly
until the official announcement was made. When it was announced at my
school, no mention was made of a head shot, only that the President
and governor were in serious condition. For years I was under the
impression that it wasn't know until later in the day that JFK had
been shot in the head when in reality, that was clear from the start.

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jun 14, 2011, 2:10:21 AM6/14/11

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/c8e792d74e2bb9f3/2994b23eaf70ad35?#2994b23eaf70ad35

ROBERT HARRIS SAID:

>>> "Mr. [Von Pein] is a cherry picker." <<<

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

And you WANT a conspiracy. Admit it, Bob.

>>> "He refutes the goofy stuff and runs like hell from the evidence that proves conspiracy." <<<

How can I "run" from "evidence" that simply does not exist?

>>> "I love how he is only interested in being "interviewed" by someone who is 100% in agreement with him." <<<

Bull. The fact that Mitchell Hadley is an LNer is a coincidence (from
my POV). He approached me about that interview. I didn't approach him.
I had never even heard of him prior to him e-mailing me with his
request for an interview.

>>> "Oswald did not act alone, if at all." <<<

Then why does ALL of the physical evidence point to Oswald?

And why do ALL of Oswald's OWN ACTIONS immediately after the
assassination reek with GUILT, Bob?

LHO must have been one eager and willing patsy, huh? Because he did
things and said things after 12:30 on Nov. 22 that only a GUILTY
person would do and say.

>>> "The evidence which proves that is far beyond conclusive, and David knows it." <<<

You're incredibly silly.

http://Oswald-Is-Guilty.blogspot.com