Jack Ruby's Finger

Jerry

Nov 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/4/00
Did Judyth Baker personally know Ruby or did she read about his finger
in an "arcane" source, like the WCR":

"In 1951, after his guitarist, Willis Dickerson, told Ruby to "go to
hell," Ruby knocked Dickerson to the ground, then pinned him to a wall
and kicked him in the groin. During the scuffle, Dickerson bit Ruby's
finger so badly that THE TOP HALF OF RUBY'S LEFT INDEX FINGER WAS
AMPUTATED." [Emphasis added]

Jerry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

mshack

Nov 4, 2000, 11:34:26 PM11/4/00
Amazing!
Lifton throws out a flavored rawhide twist,
and you guys go after it like a pack of wild dogs after a real bone.

Martin
--
Martin Shackelford

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those
who have not got it." ---George Bernard Shaw

Howpl

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00
>Did Judyth Baker personally know Ruby or did she read about his finger
>in an "arcane" source, like the WCR":

Did you have to look it up, Jerry? The source might not be arcane, but it is
news to Martin and to Lifton, who are experts by any measure on what's out
there. As I said, she can't win. If it's not well-known, she found it in a sly
attempt to concoct a provable claim. If it is well-known, then she adds nothing
new to the case. Don't worry: soon, I hope, she will drive you wild with new
stuff you won't believe and she can't prove.

Barb Junkkarinen

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00
On Sun, 5 Nov 2000 13:30:16 -0500, gene <duqu...@NOSPAM.bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>> Did Judyth Baker personally know Ruby or did she read about his finger
>> in an "arcane" source, like the WCR":
>

>Actually, I thought it was quite well known at the time. When Ruby shot
>LHO it was widely reported in newspapers and on the news that he fired
>the fatal shot using his middle finger on the trigger known as an
>"Assassin's Grip".
>
>This, of course, was straight out of the feritle imaginations of the
>"talking heads" that really don't have much knowledge on pretty much ANY
>subject. It sounded dramatic though. There's no such thing as an
>"Assassin's Grip".
>
>I forget who finally dug up the truth and reported that Ruby used his
>middle finger on the trigger because he was missing the tip of his index
>finger.
>
>gene

Me neither. But it was played out in a book called Breaking the
Silence (or some such thing) by some guy named Tex who says he was
hired to teach Ruby to shoot......

I'm surprised that Ruby's deleted digit was unknown to so many people.

Barb :-)
>--
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>"I got me a President and a cop
> and I'll try for 2 more."
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> <author unknown>

AnthonyMarsh

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00
gene wrote:

> > Did Judyth Baker personally know Ruby or did she read about his finger
> > in an "arcane" source, like the WCR":
>
> Actually, I thought it was quite well known at the time. When Ruby shot
> LHO it was widely reported in newspapers and on the news that he fired
> the fatal shot using his middle finger on the trigger known as an
> "Assassin's Grip".
>
> This, of course, was straight out of the feritle imaginations of the
> "talking heads" that really don't have much knowledge on pretty much ANY
> subject. It sounded dramatic though. There's no such thing as an
> "Assassin's Grip".
>
> I forget who finally dug up the truth and reported that Ruby used his
> middle finger on the trigger because he was missing the tip of his index
> finger.
>
> gene
> --
> "I got me a President and a cop
> and I'll try for 2 more."
> <author unknown>

I don't know who was the first to point it out, by Lattimer was one of
them. Even a WC propagandist can sometimes stumble on the truth.

--
Anthony Marsh
The Puzzle Palace http://www.boston.quik.com/amarsh