VIDEOTAPED INTERVIEW WITH ROBERT JACKSON

David Von Pein

Jul 4, 2008, 5:54:07 PM7/4/08

AN INTERVIEW WITH PHOTOGRAPHER BOB JACKSON:

www.jfk.org/go/collections/item-detail?fedoraid=sfm:1993.011.0018

====================================

On November 22, 1993, Robert H. Jackson was interviewed on video. The
"Sixth Floor Museum" link above provides a portion of that '93
interview, with Jackson recounting some of what he saw when President
Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas' Dealey Plaza.

Two days after witnessing JFK's tragic shooting, Bob Jackson (a
photographer for the Dallas Times Herald at the time) would be
fortunate enough to be in a position to capture a Pulitzer Prize-
winning photograph through the lens of his camera when he took a
picture of a murder in progress in the Dallas Police Department
basement, as Jack Ruby shot and killed JFK's assassin, Lee Harvey
Oswald.

www.amazon.com/DVP/review/R3LDQF5LBJKIPD

dcwi...@netscape.net

Jul 5, 2008, 1:18:47 AM7/5/08

Jackson never could quite explain why he missed taking a picture with
his *other* camera. His explanation is perhaps weirdest here: "Of
course, I had an empty camera. I swung my camera up too, just so I
could see better with the long lens & zoomed in.... I don't think I
could have reacted fast enuf to get a picture even if I had film in
the camera, because I saw it for only that short a time."

Note that Jackson says that he swung his *empty* camera up! "So I
could see better"! He doesn't even mention the *loaded* camera! Try
again, Bob!

dcwi...@netscape.net

Jul 7, 2008, 1:28:58 AM7/7/08
On Jul 4, 2:54 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:

By the way, David, yes, I should thank you for the chuckle....
Jackson saw the rifle, he photographed the rifle--that's the one
explanation he hasn't offered yet. Hard to come clean, but if he gets
any further out in left field, he'll finally have to!
dw

dcwi...@netscape.net

Jul 9, 2008, 12:33:11 AM7/9/08
On Jul 4, 2:54 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:

Amazing the things that get by with LNers--a *photographer* swings up
an *empty* camera when he has a *loaded* camera around his neck!
They'll buy anything...!
dw

aeffects

Jul 9, 2008, 10:25:12 AM7/9/08
David,

We understand your dilemma, unfortunately for you, no one NO ONE but
the most whacked out Lone Nuts believes the WCR findings....

Don't take it personal... well, in your case, DO take it personal!

Have a nice life son.....

dcwi...@netscape.net

Jul 10, 2008, 8:26:44 PM7/10/08
On Jul 4, 2:54 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:

Jackson learned a lot about photography in two days. By Sunday, that
is, he is actually pointing a *loaded* camera at the subject, rather
than an *empty* one! Chuckle....
dw
PS What's the difference between Grimm's Fairy Tales & The Warren
Report? Answer: There's more truth in Grimm....

dcwi...@netscape.net

Jul 13, 2008, 1:32:27 AM7/13/08
On Jul 4, 2:54 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> ANINTERVIEWWITH PHOTOGRAPHER BOBJACKSON:
>
> www.jfk.org/go/collections/item-detail?fedoraid=sfm:1993.011.0018
>
> ====================================
>
> On November 22, 1993,RobertH.Jacksonwas interviewed on video. The
> "Sixth Floor Museum" link above provides a portion of that '93interview, withJacksonrecounting some of what he saw when President

> Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas' Dealey Plaza.
>
> Two days after witnessing JFK's tragic shooting, BobJackson(a
> photographer for the Dallas Times Herald at the time) would be
> fortunate enough to be in a position to capture a Pulitzer Prize-
> winning photograph through the lens of his camera when he took a
> picture of a murder in progress in the Dallas Police Department
> basement, as Jack Ruby shot and killed JFK's assassin, Lee Harvey
> Oswald.
>
> www.amazon.com/DVP/review/R3LDQF5LBJKIPD

Let's play, Robert Jackson Finally Tells the Truth! Such an interview
would go something like this,
"Of course, one of my cameras was empty. But the other was loaded, &
tho it wouldn't have been my first choice in this situation, I swung
it up, & got a picture of the rifle just before it was completely
pulled in. I was discouraged from admitting this because the rifle
was not in the window it was *supposed* to be in. But those fuckers
can't stop me from telling the truth now!"
dw

David Von Pein

Jul 13, 2008, 2:01:19 AM7/13/08

Give it up, Mr. Willis. You're looking like a bigger fool with each
passing post regarding this wholly-irrelevant matter concerning Bob
Jackson's cameras.

dcwi...@netscape.net

Jul 13, 2008, 2:36:25 AM7/13/08

"Cameras" Thank you--plural. Can't get around that, can you, Mr Von
Pein, even when you're trying to play down Jackson's ever-more-
embarrassing evasions re the empty camera supposedly in his hand & the
loaded camera supposedly on his lap!

David Von Pein

Jul 13, 2008, 4:12:06 PM7/13/08

Kook.

dcwi...@netscape.net

Jul 14, 2008, 2:10:54 AM7/14/08
On Jul 13, 1:12 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> Kook.

Interesting that Jackson eventually married into the Trafficante
family....