Man-UFO the Silent Vulcan

Mike Hoffmann

Feb 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/8/96
kingston_12 wrote:

> "There is no doubt that the pilots both saw an object. Unfortunately,
> the nature and identity of this object remain unknown."
> It added tantalisingly : "To speculate about extra-terrestrial
> activity is not within the group's remit". That sent morale
> at the British UFO Research Association rocketing. Members

It doesn't take mucg, it seems. I find the remark not "tantalizing", but
mocking.

All in the eyes...
Mike

--
Mike Hoffmann | Pencom Systems Administration Services
mi...@psa.pencom.com | On assignment @Netscape Communications

kingston_12

Feb 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/8/96
A UFO? Actually,it was just our alien friends in the North.

Was it a bird? A plane? Well,if it was, the two British Airways
pilots had seen nothing like it this side of Star Trek.
Illuminated by white lights like a Christmas tree,the strange
craft flashed past their Boeing 737 in seconds, coming shudderingly
close.
Bewildered, they continued their approach to Manchester Airport.
They knew they had just seen something . They just weren't sure
what.
But last night, flying saucer buffs were certain the jet had a close
encounter with aliens in the Pennine Corridor- Britains equivalent
of the Bermuda Triangle.
Officially, a year long investigation failed to come up with a
convincing explanation.
However, there were knowing nods at the British UFO Research
Association. Members are sure the mysterious craft craft was the
Silent Vulcan- a triangular shaped spaceship they believe has been
cruising northern skies for 20 years.
Captain Roger Wills and First Officer Mark Stuart were almost ready
to land flight BA5061 from Milan when the craft hurtled towards them
on January 6th last year.
They radioed air traffic controllers at Manchester and, after landing,
filed a formal report on an air miss-the technical term for a near
miss.

Yesterday, the findings by the joint Air-Miss Working Group said:
"There is no doubt that the pilots both saw an object. Unfortunately,
the nature and identity of this object remain unknown."
It added tantalisingly : "To speculate about extra-terrestrial
activity is not within the group's remit". That sent morale
at the British UFO Research Association rocketing. Members

believe the report practically confirms what they have known
all along- that E.T. has not gone home. "The report is remarkably open
minde," said director of investigations Philip Mantell. "It is a milestone
in official recognition of the phenomenon of UFO's. "We have always
contended that there is something out there which is beyond accepted science
and now this is being reflected in the corridors of officialdom."
Mr Mantell said the Silent Vulcan - named because it is shaped like the
old British Vulcan bomber- has been seen all along the corridor, from
the Midlands through Derbyshire and into Yorkshire. There was a surge of
sightings in the 1970's and the late 1980's. One came from a Sheffield
police officer. The Silent Vulcan widened its horizons in 1989 and 1990,
with sightings in Belgium. The air force there even scrambled two F-16
fighters,which tracked it by radar. They failed to find any UFO, but their
readings showed it accelerated and lost altitude at speeds that would have
turned any human pilot to pulp. "This latest report is the first officially
recognised sighting of the Silent Vulcan along the Pennines ," Mr Mantell
said. "BA are to be complimented for treating this incident seriously."
However, Captain Wills, of Normanton, West Yorkshire, and First Officer
Stuart, from Congleton, Chesire,are said to have been constantly ribbed
by colleagues. "They're both fed up with hearing about it, but glad the
authorities took them seriously," one said. "Both are level-headed guys
but they have had their legs pulled unmercifully."

This is a copy of a report from "The Daily Mail" London 3rd February 1996.

Another similar incident happened about a year before to a Britsh
Independant Airline jet. The "UFO" was not seen on radar.

These reports should be taken seriously as they are happening now.

Generally the bebunkers are not aware of the real situation. They comment
from opinion or predjudice and usually have not studied or understand
the cases properly.

This is a world wide phenomenon and pilots who see UFO's are frightened
of ridicule and the airline companies are frightened of losing custom.
i.e. THAT airline's pilots see "Flying Saucers" I am not flying with
them!" So one can see the problem from the pilot's and the airline's
point of view.

There is something out there- SO BEWARE!