Pirates in Discussions to Acquire Citigroup

Old Pif

Nov 21, 2008, 8:09:59 PM11/21/08
Somali Pirates in Discussions to Acquire Citigroup 2008-11-20
14:23:00.260 GMT

By Andreas Hippin

November 20 (Bloomberg) -- The Somali pirates, renegade Somalis
known for hijacking ships for ransom in the Gulf of Aden, are
negotiating a purchase of Citigroup.

The pirates would buy Citigroup with new debt and their existing
cash stockpiles, earned most recently from hijacking numerous ships,
including most recently a $200 million Saudi Arabian oil tanker. The
Somali pirates are offering up to $0.10 per share for Citigroup,
pirate
spokesman Sugule Ali said earlier today. The negotiations have entered
the final stage, Ali said. ``You may not like our price, but we are
not
in the business of paying for things. Be happy we are in the mood to
offer the shareholders anything," said Ali.

The pirates will finance part of the purchase by selling new
Pirate
Ransom Backed Securities. The PRBS's are backed by the cash flows
from
future ransom payments from hijackings in the Gulf of Aden. Moody's
and
S&P have already issued their top investment grade ratings for the
PRBS's.

Head pirate, Ubu Kalid Shandu, said "we need a bank so that we
have a place to keep all of our ransom money. Thankfully, the
dislocations in the capital markets has allowed us to purchase
Citigroup
at an attractive valuation and to take advantage of TARP capital to
grow
the business even faster."
Shandu added, "We don't call ourselves pirates. We are coastguards and
this will just allow us to guard our coasts better."

Stray Dog

Nov 21, 2008, 10:36:17 PM11/21/08

This has GOT to be a joke. :-\

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Old Pif wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:09:59 -0800 (PST)
> From: Old Pif <Old...@gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.computer.consultants, alt.politics.economics, sci.econ
> Subject: Pirates in Discussions to Acquire Citigroup

Old Pif

Nov 21, 2008, 10:39:49 PM11/21/08
On Nov 21, 10:36 pm, Stray Dog <sdog2...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> This has GOT to be a joke.   :-\

I got the link in a private mail from a guy who is about to be fired
on Wall Street. I guess he is insider ...

Clave

Nov 21, 2008, 10:42:48 PM11/21/08
"Stray Dog" <sdog...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote in message

> This has GOT to be a joke. :-\

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081121.WBstreetwise20081121112035/WBStory/WBstreetwise

HTH,
Jim

Stray Dog

Nov 22, 2008, 8:40:36 AM11/22/08

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Old Pif wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:39:49 -0800 (PST)

> From: Old Pif <Old...@gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.computer.consultants, alt.politics.economics, sci.econ

> Subject: Re: Pirates in Discussions to Acquire Citigroup

Well, I heard that there are a lot of financial relationships (hot money)
between crime groups and legit businesses (even back in early mafia days),
and also the Somalia pirates now hijacked a $100 mil oil tanker, and have
a ship of Russian tanks (worth $20 mil), so I guess they could buy a bank.

and, there is a book on a lot of this stuff with the title "McMafia" but I
don't remember the author and I don't have the book.

But, I did read a book on money laundering ("The Laundrymen") that said
moneylaundering is the 3rd largest business in the world after petroleum
and exchange trading, and it makes all these situations look pretty
hopeless.

well, ...what can I say?

Stray Dog

Nov 22, 2008, 8:43:39 AM11/22/08

That just blows me away!!!!

What can I say? Crime pays? I'm in the wrong business? What will they do
next?

Thanks for the copy and paste.

//////////////////////////

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Clave wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:42:48 -0800
> From: Clave <ClaviusNo...@cablespeed.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.computer.consultants, alt.politics.economics, sci.econ
> Subject: Re: Pirates in Discussions to Acquire Citigroup

Rod Speed

Nov 22, 2008, 2:28:36 PM11/22/08
Stray Dog <sdog...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote
> Old Pif <Old...@gmail.com> wrote
>> Stray Dog <sdog2...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote

>>> This has GOT to be a joke. :-\

>> I got the link in a private mail from a guy who is about to be fired
>> on Wall Street. I guess he is insider ...

> Well, I heard that there are a lot of financial relationships (hot money)
> between crime groups and legit businesses (even back in early mafia days),

Yeah, but you are stupid enough to believe anything that plays to your prejudices.

> and also the Somalia pirates now hijacked a $100 mil oil tanker, and have
> a ship of Russian tanks (worth $20 mil), so I guess they could buy a bank.

Or they could end up dead.

> and, there is a book on a lot of this stuff with the title "McMafia"
> but I don't remember the author and I don't have the book.

Just because someone claims it in a book doesnt make if gospel.

> But, I did read a book on money laundering ("The Laundrymen")
> that said moneylaundering is the 3rd largest business in the
> world after petroleum and exchange trading,

Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

> and it makes all these situations look pretty hopeless.

> well, ...what can I say?

Nothing useful, as always.

Stray Dog

Nov 22, 2008, 2:55:16 PM11/22/08

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008, Rod Speed wrote:

> Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 06:28:36 +1100
> From: Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com>

> Newsgroups: alt.computer.consultants, alt.politics.economics, sci.econ
> Subject: Re: Pirates in Discussions to Acquire Citigroup
>

> Stray Dog <sdog...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote
>> Old Pif <Old...@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Stray Dog <sdog2...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote

>>> I got the link in a private mail from a guy who is about to be fired
>>> on Wall Street. I guess he is insider ...
>
>> Well, I heard that there are a lot of financial relationships (hot money)
>> between crime groups and legit businesses (even back in early mafia days),
>
> Yeah, but you are stupid enough to believe anything that plays to your prejudices.

Oh, but you're not stupid enough to believe anything that plays to your
prejudices, are you?

Big ad hominem attack by you.

I read the rest of this and you're back to your pissy-shitty self again.

Goodbye for today. No more looking at anything else you post today. Try to
be nicer tommorrow.

Rod Speed

Nov 22, 2008, 3:29:09 PM11/22/08
Some psychotic fuckwit with pathetic drug crazed delusions about
being a dog, desperately cowering behind the entirely appropriate
Stray Dog <sdog...@sdf.lonestar.org> desperately attempted to bullshit
its way out of its predicament and fooled absolutely no one at all, as always.