Wobbling Virus

Matthias Zeller

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98
I just received an Executable from a friend. McAfee popped up and told
me it is infected by a/the Wobbling Virus. I could not find any info
about this on the Web. Is "Wobbling" a category or a specific virus?

Any help welcome.

Matthias

joe_b...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
In article <367AE9D2...@writeme.com>,

Hi Matthias...

According to the information I have, this is actually a joke program that was
originally identified as a trojan. When run, what it does is make the open
windows on your desktop wobble as if in an earthquake. Apart from that, it
doesn't do anything. (As far as I am aware.)

Since joke programs can't be disinfected, the best thing to do with it would
be to delete it.

Hope this helps -

--
Joe, NAI/Dr Solomon's
I reserve the right to be wrong.

Bill Clark

Dec 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/21/98
On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 15:12:42, joe_b...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> According to the information I have, this is actually a joke program that was
> originally identified as a trojan. When run, what it does is make the open
> windows on your desktop wobble as if in an earthquake. Apart from that, it
> doesn't do anything. (As far as I am aware.)

But... Does it make it the machine shake as the Earthquake pinball
machine does?

-bc-

SSC

joe_b...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98
In article <642VpEtJItBf-pn2-n0kTTttqzR2v@localhost>,

heh heh :) *That* I'd like to see :)

JJames3157

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
will u please send it to me in a ZIPPED file. i collect viruss.

thanx a lot

Joe Bidgood

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98

JJames3157 wrote in message
<19981223034944...@ng-fr1.aol.com>...

>will u please send it to me in a ZIPPED file. i collect viruss.
>
>thanx a lot

erm -

which part of "it's a joke program" didn't you understand? :)

For the record - it's not a virus. (Now watch someone prove me wrong :) )

Incidentally, there seems 2B sumthing RonG with UR spellchkr.

Merry Xmas -

Joe