Personal Antivirus

L. V. Bekeris

Jul 9, 2009, 10:10:01 AM7/9/09
My computer is infected with Personal Antivirus. I receive a message "This
page is infected by a malicious advertizing code. Such code can seriously
affect your computer. Click here to protect your computer with Personal
Antivirus (which has actually taken over my computer). I have downloaded and
purchased SpyZooka, but it is of no help.
Can anyone suggest an anti virus program that would eliminate this problem.

Max Wachtel

Jul 9, 2009, 12:47:18 PM7/9/09
On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:10:01 -0400, L. V. Bekeris <lvbe...@wi.rr.com>
wrote:

SUPERAntiSpyware (free version)
http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
If you can’t download def. files you can get them here:
http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (free version)
http://www.malwarebytes.org/index.php
If you can’t download def. files, you can get them here:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Clean out your temp files.
Internet Options
General tab
Under 'Browsing history' click the 'Delete...' button to delete temporary
files, history, cookies etc..
Advanced tab
Under 'Security' [check] 'Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when
browser is closed'.
Click the OK button.

CrapCleaner (free)
http://www.ccleaner.com/

On-demand AV applications.

David H. Lipman's MULTI_AV Tool
http://www.pctipp.ch/ds/28400/28470/Multi_AV.exe
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
English:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/01/09/scan-your-computer-with-multiple-anti-virus-for-free/
Additional Instructions:
http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm

--and/or--
Kaspersky's AVPTool
http://downloads5.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/
--or--
http://ftp.kaspersky.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/
There's no updating involved since the scanning engine is updated
several times a day and you simply download the updated scanner whenever
you want to do a scan.

--and/or--
Dr.Web CureIt!® Utility - FREE
http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/
--
Virus Removal http://max.shplink.com/removal.html
Keep Clean http://max.shplink.com/keepingclean.html

1PW

Jul 9, 2009, 3:34:05 PM7/9/09
L. V. Bekeris wrote:
> My computer is infected with Personal Antivirus. I receive a message "This
> page is infected by a malicious advertising code. Such code can seriously
> affect your computer. Click here to protect your computer with Personal
> Antivirus (which has actually taken over my computer). I have downloaded and
> purchased SpyZooka, but it is of no help.
> Can anyone suggest an anti virus program that would eliminate this problem.

Hello

Max has given you some excellent tips. Later, when you have the
opportunity, perhaps you should seek an immediate refund for SpyZooka.
Yes?

Regards,

Pete
--
1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 9, 2009, 7:43:57 PM7/9/09
Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

"L. V. Bekeris" <lvbe...@wi.rr.com> wrote in message

nobody >

Jul 9, 2009, 9:47:04 PM7/9/09
The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
> Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here

Google "PCButts"..

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 9, 2009, 9:55:15 PM7/9/09
Google Trolls.

your time.

"nobody >" <useneth...@aol.com> wrote in message

nobody >

Jul 10, 2009, 12:23:26 AM7/10/09
The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> Google Trolls.

Google "pcbutts+fraud"

Interesting...
http://temerc.blogspot.com/2007/01/pcbutts-coward-behind-curtain.html

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 10, 2009, 10:26:19 AM7/10/09
You find it interesting because he is trying to find out my real name. Why
is that? Only babies cry when they don't get what they want, that's why they
are called cry babies. Are you one of those crybabies.

your time.

"nobody >" <useneth...@aol.com> wrote in message

George Orwell

Jul 10, 2009, 10:58:58 AM7/10/09
Can I stick my finger up your bum again Christopher?

"The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in message news:46qdnWSBYoEN0srX...@giganews.com...

https://www.mixmaster.it

Max Wachtel

Jul 10, 2009, 1:35:29 PM7/10/09
In <ROudnRwcs74jHcvX...@giganews.com> The Real Truth MVP
aka t...@void.com thought it would be fun to share this little ditty
with the class:

>Use my Remove-it software

**************This Is A Public Service Announcement*****************

Should you trust "The Real Truth" aka "pcbutts1" ????

Want to know what "The Real Truth" aka "pcbutts1" is really about?

Here is a sampling of what the anti-malware community has to say:

http://www.besttechie.net/2006/09/07/pcbutts1-back-at-it/

http://www.atribune.org/Blog/?p=16

http://www.viruslist.com/en/weblog?weblogid=197597102

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/securityblog/2006/09/07/pcbutts1what-a-royal-pain-in-the-butt/

http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2006/09/08/I-do-believe-PCBUTTS1-has-finally-lost-the-plot.aspx

http://www.digg.com/security/PCButts1_Under_Attack

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/pcbutts1.com

http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/PCBUTTS.TXT

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/pcbutts1.com

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.ms-mvp.org

Change nomail.afraid.org to gmail.com to reply by email.

nomail.afraid.org is specifically set up for use in USENET.
Feel free to use it yourself.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jul 10, 2009, 2:21:44 PM7/10/09
Max Wachtel wrote:

> Here is a sampling of what the anti-malware community has to say:

The sad part is your links are truly _just_ a sampling.

--
-bts

Bill

Jul 12, 2009, 11:55:21 PM7/12/09

Yeah. Linux.

FromTheRafters

Jul 13, 2009, 6:34:46 PM7/13/09
"Bill" <maildeposi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yeah. Linux.

***
Linux is *not* an antivirus program, Bill.

To the OP, have you tried MSRT (mrt.exe) from Microsoft or MBAM
(mbam.exe) from MalwareBytes?

***

LittleProgrammer

Jul 14, 2009, 5:39:59 AM7/14/09

install any antispyware and scan your computer, that's all

Dustin Cook

Jul 16, 2009, 4:42:30 PM7/16/09

> Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
> Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
> http://www.ms-mvp.org/

It will modify your hosts file too, denying access to several useful
antimalware related websites. PcButts doesn't mention that, and last I
checked he didn't disclose it in the silly EULA the installer has; so I
thought I would.

--
Regards,
Dustin Cook

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 16, 2009, 7:26:24 PM7/16/09
I just love it when liars like you come here and try real hard to fool
people. The statement below has been part of my Remove-it software since I
added the hosts file modifications. The software will not run unless the
user acknowledges that they have read it. They must select yes or no to
continue running the software.

"This tool will Modify/update your Hosts file. Your hosts file
is used to block ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies, 3rd party
page counters web bugs, hijackers and thieving lying troll sites.
This is accomplished by blocking those connection(s)
it is recommended that you choose Yes to Modify.
Do you want Remove-it to modify your hosts file?.

Press Y then ENTER to modify.Press N then ENTER to continue with no
changes."

Dustbin Kook you are a big fucking liar. Do you see the part about thieving
lying troll sites?

your time.

"Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ant

Jul 16, 2009, 8:41:42 PM7/16/09
"The Real Twit MVP" wrote:

> Do you see the part about thieving lying troll sites?

That would be your site, then. Not "several useful antimalware related
websites" as Dustin stated.

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 16, 2009, 9:17:39 PM7/16/09
Ok who's next to make a smart remark. What's the matter Ant are mad because
you now know the truth and you can't handle it.

your time.

"Ant" <n...@home.today> wrote in message

nobody >

Jul 16, 2009, 9:34:34 PM7/16/09
The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> Ok who's next to make a smart remark. What's the matter Ant are mad
> because you now know the truth and you can't handle it.

Problem is that too many people know the REAL truth about your lying,
thieving,and your pissy attitude. Ant and the rest of us can handle that
quite well.

I'm still trying to guess what perverse satisfaction you get out of
being constantly being exposed and trying all these lame attempts to
discredit the debunkers (of which we are legion.... ).

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 16, 2009, 9:59:26 PM7/16/09
Crybaby http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/crybaby.htm

your time.

"nobody >" <useneth...@aol.com> wrote in message

David H. Lipman

Jul 16, 2009, 10:02:44 PM7/16/09
From: "nobody >" <useneth...@aol.com>

In Message ID "Lt2dndtOmuZwIcbX...@giganews.com" Butts had posted ...

"I know exactly what that file is and why it is there because I PUT IT THERE.
Your dumbass and the David Lipman Spammer are meticulously going over every
line in my program trying to find one thing wrong about it to try to prove
that it will harm your system but you can't. Now you find a line that is not
listed in Google therefore you dumbasses have no idea what it is so you come
here and try to fool me into telling you. Wait a few weeks for Google to
pick up on it or for SAS or MBAB to update the defs file to detect it then
you will know what it is. It has already been submitted to them. Assholes."

in reference to the following Remove-It BAT file subsection...

:S9596b
IF EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" echo "%UserProfile%\local
settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe"
IF EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" echo "%UserProfile%\local
settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe">>remove-it.txt
IF NOT EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" GOTO S9596c
DEL /F /Q "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe"
IF NOT EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" echo successfully
deleted %UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe
IF NOT EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" echo successfully
deleted %UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe>>remove-it.txt
IF NOT EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" GOTO S9596c
IF EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" echo unable to delete
%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe - will delete on reboot
IF EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" echo unable to delete
%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe - will delete on reboot>>remove-it.txt
echo DEL /F /Q "%UserProfile%\local
settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe">>%SystemDrive%\delrb.txt
echo.>>remove-it.txt
echo.

Yet he refuses to indicate WHAT malware or malware family the file "obatssrsghde.exe" is
associated with.

We know "he" can't state what malware or malware family "obatssrsghde.exe" is associated
with because he ripped the lines from Stuart Saunder's RogueFix like the MAJORITY of
Remove-It was plagiarized from Remove-It. He has NO IDEA what the lines do while stuart
can explain what the lines are quite clearly.

http://www.internetinspiration.co.uk/downloads/roguefix_2.248.bat

*Many* out there now know what "obatssrsghde.exe" is related to Butts still doesn't.

Butts will just weasle out of an explanation by ranting and raving and through
misdirection.

--
Dave

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 16, 2009, 10:44:03 PM7/16/09
Crybaby http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/crybaby.htm

your time.

1PW

Jul 16, 2009, 9:37:14 PM7/16/09
The Real unTruth wrote:

> "This tool will Modify/update your Hosts file. Your hosts file
> is used to block ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies, 3rd party
> page counters web bugs, hijackers and thieving lying troll sites.

Does this mean /your/ own software will lock you out of your own site?

Is this the part where you tell us you know how your own software works?

You know you can't answer what malware or malware family is associated
with the
file IF EXIST obatssrsghde.exe.

Is this the part where you finally tell us the real truth about the
software "you wrote"? I wonder if we should hold our breath?

Look at the shame you've brought upon yourself!

nobody >

Jul 17, 2009, 12:53:53 AM7/17/09
The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> Crybaby http://pcasshole1.com/downloads/tools/crybaby.htm

You can't tell the difference between crying and our uproarious laughter?
Damn, you really DO have problems.

http://snipurl.com/k7urz

Leythos

Jul 17, 2009, 6:58:22 AM7/17/09
In article <7tednfa8FOnueMLX...@giganews.com>, t...@void.com
says...

> Crybaby http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/crybaby.htm

Notice, above, how Butts has, again, shown that he has no idea what:

IF EXIST "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe" echo > "%
UserProfile%\local

actually removes anywhere, he can't tell anyone what "obatssrsghde.exe"
actually is or does that it needs removed....

Trust yourself.
spam9...@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

Ant

Jul 17, 2009, 8:22:13 AM7/17/09
"The Real Twit MVP" wrote:

> Ok who's next to make a smart remark. What's the matter Ant are mad because
> you now know the truth and you can't handle it.

You wouldn't know truth if it bit you in the arse.

How's the "obatssrsghde.exe" identification going? Figured it out yet?

Nomen Nescio

Jul 17, 2009, 10:50:09 AM7/17/09

"nobody >" <useneth...@aol.com> wrote:

> The Real Trash MVP wrote:
>> Crybaby http://pcasshole1.com/downloads/tools/crybaby.htm
>>
> You can't tell the difference between crying and
> our uproarious laughter?

Buttsie's asshole can't tell the difference between
a pink strap-on dildo and a black nigger's cock.

Dustin Cook

Jul 17, 2009, 12:05:51 PM7/17/09

> I just love it when liars like you come here and try real hard to fool
> people. The statement below has been part of my Remove-it software
> since I added the hosts file modifications. The software will not run
> unless the user acknowledges that they have read it. They must select
> yes or no to continue running the software.

Alas, if only a single word of yours was actually true. It isn't... :)

> Dustbin Kook you are a big fucking liar. Do you see the part about
> thieving lying troll sites?

Sure, Except your "troll" list is actually that of well respected
researchers who have called you out many times stealing software that isn't
yours, and claiming your an MVP when you aren't. This is all really old
news tho.

Gabriele Neukam

Jul 18, 2009, 11:14:37 AM7/18/09

On this special day, L. V. Bekeris wrote:

> My computer is infected with Personal Antivirus.

Back to topic:

the boyfriend of my niece got bitten by it, too, and she called me this
morning, asking what to do about it. I suggested a system restore
befï¿œre the moment when he downloaded it. Until now I didn't get any
reply at all, but I think she would have called again if the problem
had persisted.

Anyone who is affected by this thing should try this method first,
before resorting to anything that has been hacked together by an
unknown person.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spam...@t-online.de

--
If everybody started to do what they think should be done for the
common

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 21, 2009, 11:53:49 AM7/21/09
Just an FYI you spamming asshole, that file thanks to my submission is now
recognized by almost all AV vendors and most antimalware apps except SAS but
I'm still not going to tell you what it is.

your time.

FromTheRafters

Jul 21, 2009, 12:46:00 PM7/21/09

> Just an FYI you spamming asshole, that file thanks to my submission is
> now recognized by almost all AV vendors and most antimalware apps
> except SAS but I'm still not going to tell you what it is.

Of course not - because you still don't know what malware it is
associated with because *you* did not write the software you claim to
have written, and you don't have the facility to work it out for
yourself.

I still don't see much about it with Google searches.

It is good if, as you say, it is being recognized by more AM apps as a
malware related filename.

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 21, 2009, 1:26:30 PM7/21/09
SAS will probably have definitions for it in their next update. The file is
a Trojan.Win32 variant under the category of Cloaked Malware. It steals
passwords probably originating somewhere in Spain.

your time.

"FromTheRafters" <err...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 21, 2009, 1:28:54 PM7/21/09
Also MBAM did a good job of cleaning it after it started detecting it,
before that the file would cause MBAM to crash.

your time.

Leythos

Jul 21, 2009, 1:44:58 PM7/21/09
In article <8--dnWyGUp70ZvjX...@giganews.com>, t...@void.com
says...

> Also MBAM did a good job of cleaning it after it started detecting it,
> before that the file would cause MBAM to crash.

PCBUTTS1 (TRT) How come you can't explain what "obatssrsghde.exe" is or
why it's removed in your batch file? You claim you wrote it, but you
can't tell the group what it is or what is represents.

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 21, 2009, 2:06:30 PM7/21/09
What are you a phucking idiot? I just did. Are you that much of a dunce and
a stalking obsessed troll that all you do is post the same crap every time
you see one of my posts that you don't even read them.

your time.

"Leythos" <spam9...@rrohio.com> wrote in message

FromTheRafters

Jul 21, 2009, 2:52:53 PM7/21/09
So, since it is already being detected and removed by MBAM, there's no
reason for you not to disclose the "malware name" associated with the
"filename" what ever it was (gobbledegook.exe?).

"The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in message

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 21, 2009, 3:12:58 PM7/21/09
MBAM does not have a name for it yet they give it a generic Trojan. Dropper.
The only reason I found it is because I run a comparative difference on my
malware test boxes. I downloaded it and never executed it until after it was
indentified by Virus total. Since the lying Spammer David Lipman did not
have a copy of the file I know he does not know what it does or what malware
installs it unless he got lucky.

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/7f6f82967ab768bd3b7aa6ee40249686d0ecbc50944ed9548953e3a3e8a75bcb-1248140422

http://info.prevx.com/aboutprogramtext.asp?PX5=6BEFC68616D72F3E1A210648474BD400FADF38E6

your time.

"FromTheRafters" <err...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message

David H. Lipman

Jul 21, 2009, 4:16:03 PM7/21/09
From: "FromTheRafters" <err...@nomail.afraid.org>

LOL this is all too phunny :-)

This is NOT a "password stealer" nor "Cloaked Malware".
It does not orginate outside of the Americas but it is associated with a specific type of
"data stealer."

As for a "Trojan.Win32" that is so generic it means NOTHING.

As for the VT report -- A 100% COMPLETE, bone fide, fabrication performed by taking
another piece of malware and renaming it to "obatssrsghde.exe" and submitting it to VT as
the MD5 value is NOT; 3eb436f91454923f2d7f1d8dda41f681

As for the Prevx report, that is for something else as the file is NOT ~400KB. That's way
too big. LOL

This is getting so phunny even my workmates are laughing.

Its amazing the lengths this dellusional miscreant will go to to cover up his plagiarism.

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 21, 2009, 5:26:21 PM7/21/09
You just can't stand it when I'm right can you Spammer. You are so mad right
now that you are actually posting from your job using work resources for
public purposes. Shame on you spammer.

your time.

Leythos

Jul 21, 2009, 5:36:14 PM7/21/09
In article <xrydnRWpZt46nvvX...@giganews.com>, t...@void.com
says...

> What are you a phucking idiot? I just did. Are you that much of a dunce and
> a stalking obsessed troll that all you do is post the same crap every time
> you see one of my posts that you don't even read them.

I post the truth, so it doesn't have to change, in fact, the truth about
you is consistent, so I don't have to make-up a story, don't have to
"remember" what I've said, just repeat the truth....

You don't know what it does, you're explanation was/is WRONG, you have
shown that you don't have a clue.

Leythos

Jul 21, 2009, 5:40:33 PM7/21/09
In article <GfKdnfTCVMHir_vX...@giganews.com>, t...@void.com
says...

> You just can't stand it when I'm right can you Spammer. You are so mad right
> now that you are actually posting from your job using work resources for
> public purposes. Shame on you spammer.

And you don't have a clue what the file is/does, your description was
completely wrong Chris..... Seems all you have is piracy and personal
attacks and they sure make you look unethical and completely dishonest.

How come you can't explain what "obatssrsghde.exe" is or what malware it
removes via your batch file?

This time, try and get it right...

Dustin Cook

Jul 21, 2009, 7:08:27 PM7/21/09
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in

I can't help but quote this and just laugh to myself. :)

Dustin Cook

Jul 21, 2009, 7:09:29 PM7/21/09

> In article <xrydnRWpZt46nvvX...@giganews.com>,
> t...@void.com says...
>>
>> What are you a phucking idiot? I just did. Are you that much of a
>> dunce and a stalking obsessed troll that all you do is post the same
>> crap every time you see one of my posts that you don't even read
>> them.
>
> I post the truth, so it doesn't have to change, in fact, the truth
> about you is consistent, so I don't have to make-up a story, don't
> have to "remember" what I've said, just repeat the truth....
>
> You don't know what it does, you're explanation was/is WRONG, you have
> shown that you don't have a clue.

You forgot, he submitted a bogus file; under that name and then bragged
about it. :)

David H. Lipman

Jul 21, 2009, 7:44:37 PM7/21/09
From: "Leythos" <spam9...@rrohio.com>

>> You just can't stand it when I'm right can you Spammer. You are so mad right
>> now that you are actually posting from your job using work resources for
>> public purposes. Shame on you spammer.

| And you don't have a clue what the file is/does, your description was
| completely wrong Chris..... Seems all you have is piracy and personal
| attacks and they sure make you look unethical and completely dishonest.

| How come you can't explain what "obatssrsghde.exe" is or what malware it
| removes via your batch file?

| This time, try and get it right...

We KNOW he can't get it right. This has been all too phunny :-)

What's that line by the Grateful Dead about being busted?

Oh yeah...
"setup like a bowling pin, knocked down, gets to wearing thin, just won't let you be..."

We've been granted permission to spill the beans and call check mate.

This has been a phun ride indeed. Butts has wanted us to post a marker that proves he's
been plagiarizing Stuart's RogueFix and Stuart gave us the marker he wanted us to go
public with. One of many markers, there are still those that are known to the anti
malware community and those only known by Stuart and .... This particular marker was
created and provided to the anti malware community and trusted people outside the
community just to show the plagiarism has been an ongoing problem and not just a one shot
deal. For weeks now we've been riding this crazy train laughing and giggling all the
while Butts digs his hole trying to rationalize lines he just copied from Stuart's
RougeFix.

Like I previously stated, this is NOT a "password stealer" nor "Cloaked Malware".

It does not orginate outside of the Americas but it is associated with a specific type of
"data stealer."

That data stealer is the malicious plagiarism of RougeFix.

There is *NO MALWARE* related to the following subsection...

[...]

The file; "%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe"
is a fabrication.
It does not exist.
It, obatssrsghde.exe, is actually a file name in code.

But what's the "key" to the code ?

I'll milk this a little longer.
However, if any of you other guys who have been "in on this game" wants to state the key
to the code, be my guest.

David H. Lipman

Jul 21, 2009, 7:46:06 PM7/21/09
From: "Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com>

>> From: "FromTheRafters" <err...@nomail.afraid.org>

Dustin:

If you want to post the key to the code of the file "obatssrsghde.exe", go for it :-)

Leythos

Jul 21, 2009, 8:19:50 PM7/21/09
In article <h45k0...@news7.newsguy.com>, DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net
says...

There can't be anything funnier that what's about to happen.

FromTheRafters

Jul 21, 2009, 8:42:12 PM7/21/09
You're an entertaining puppet.

FromTheRafters

Jul 21, 2009, 8:46:48 PM7/21/09

> If you want to post the key to the code of the file
> "obatssrsghde.exe", go for it :-)

What's the hurry?

It still has it's shovel in hand...

Ant

Jul 21, 2009, 8:59:03 PM7/21/09
"FromTheRafters" wrote:
> "The Real Truth MVP" wrote:
>> Just an FYI you spamming asshole, that file thanks to my submission is
>> now recognized by almost all AV vendors and most antimalware apps
>> except SAS but I'm still not going to tell you what it is.
>
> Of course not - because you still don't know what malware it is
> associated with because *you* did not write the software you claim to
> have written, and you don't have the facility to work it out for
> yourself.

He'll shortly have egg on his face!

> I still don't see much about it with Google searches.

You won't, apart from references to this thread.

> It is good if, as you say, it is being recognized by more AM apps as a
> malware related filename.

Hah! I think the secret is about to be revealed. Dave Lipman has
already given a clue and now anyone with minimal crypto skills should
be able to work it out.

David H. Lipman

Jul 21, 2009, 9:15:05 PM7/21/09
From: "FromTheRafters" <err...@nomail.afraid.org>

| What's the hurry?

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 21, 2009, 10:27:13 PM7/21/09
Hurry up and post the lie so I can prove you wrong again. I'm
waiting...........................................

your time.

Leythos

Jul 21, 2009, 10:44:59 PM7/21/09
In article <kPWdnTvji5yb5PvX...@giganews.com>, t...@void.com
says...

> Hurry up and post the lie so I can prove you wrong again. I'm
> waiting...........................................

So, you still claim you know what obatssrsghde.exe is and that you added
it to your file to remove spyware?

You can't prove you added it and you can't tell ANYONE what it actually
is related to.

1PW

Jul 21, 2009, 10:47:22 PM7/21/09
How very humiliating this must be for you.

I really feel sorry for you.

Pete
--
1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

nobody >

Jul 21, 2009, 11:15:03 PM7/21/09
Leythos wrote:
> In article <h45k0...@news7.newsguy.com>, DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net
> says...
>> From: "Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com>

>> Dustin:
>>
>> If you want to post the key to the code of the file "obatssrsghde.exe", go for it :-)
>
> There can't be anything funnier that what's about to happen.

"I love it when a plan comes together".

FromTheRafters

Jul 22, 2009, 7:09:21 AM7/22/09

> Hurry up and post the lie so I can prove you wrong again. I'm
> waiting...........................................

Hold your breath!

...and to David, take your time.

Dustin Cook

Jul 22, 2009, 5:38:48 PM7/22/09
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in

Hehehehe... This is much more amusing than hulu.com today :)

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 22, 2009, 7:23:34 PM7/22/09
You should have a copy of the file dipshit I submitted to you guys, oh
that's right you are just a researcher you don't have access to it. I know
they got it because MBAM now detects it along with MSSE still nothing from
SAS.

your time.

"Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

FromTheRafters

Jul 22, 2009, 8:54:09 PM7/22/09

> You should have a copy of the file dipshit I submitted to you guys, oh
> that's right you are just a researcher you don't have access to it. I
> know they got it because MBAM now detects it along with MSSE still
> nothing from SAS.

Where did *you* get the file? From some client's infested machine?
Surely this program has other files associated with it - what are some
of those other file's names?

Prevex doesn't list it either - from their "cloud" system (and they
should be pretty good at "detecting" based solely on a filename)

Maybe some more digging is in order?

...still got that shovel?

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 22, 2009, 9:27:08 PM7/22/09
You see that's how I know David is full of shit because I have the file,
when I submitted it it was not detected by anyone so I had to go back and
check my records to see where and when I downloaded it. I am not going to
disclose where I got it from because that's all David wants is to get his
hands on it. You see he fucked up when he said the prevx report was wrong
about the file size. If as he says that line in my file is a bogus marker
then there would be no file at all for prevx to report on. And that link
came straight from VT. The spammer also told BS about renaming a file and
submitting it to VT. VT uses MD5 to check files so no matter what the file
name is VT will see it as the same file because of the MD5 checksum. If I
was to send him the file and he was to submit it he will see that the file
has already been submitted with the date and time and that date and time
will correspond with my posting the info on the file. He probably already
knows I have the file and it is legit because of the way he name drops all
the time I'm sure he has a contact at VT that can look at the logs for him
and verify it, but he will never come here and admit that. The person setup
here is him and the rest of the trolls who jumped on his bandwagon.

your time.

"FromTheRafters" <err...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 22, 2009, 9:28:51 PM7/22/09
As far as other file names the Prevx report shows other file names as I only
have the one.

your time.

Leythos

Jul 22, 2009, 9:39:30 PM7/22/09
In article <-aedneF0xcDzIfrX...@giganews.com>, t...@void.com
says...

> You see that's how I know David is full of shit because I have the file,
> when I submitted it it was not detected by anyone so I had to go back and
> check my records to see where and when I downloaded it. I am not going to
> disclose where I got it from because that's all David wants is to get his
> hands on it. You see he fucked up when he said the prevx report was wrong
> about the file size. If as he says that line in my file is a bogus marker
> then there would be no file at all for prevx to report on. And that link
> came straight from VT. The spammer also told BS about renaming a file and
> submitting it to VT. VT uses MD5 to check files so no matter what the file
> name is VT will see it as the same file because of the MD5 checksum. If I
> was to send him the file and he was to submit it he will see that the file
> has already been submitted with the date and time and that date and time
> will correspond with my posting the info on the file. He probably already
> knows I have the file and it is legit because of the way he name drops all
> the time I'm sure he has a contact at VT that can look at the logs for him
> and verify it, but he will never come here and admit that. The person setup
> here is him and the rest of the trolls who jumped on his bandwagon.

It's fun watching you dig your way to china, you can't prove you know
what the file is or how you learned about it, you can't prove anything
about that file to anyone, you're a fraud Chris.

David H. Lipman

Jul 22, 2009, 10:04:40 PM7/22/09
From: "FromTheRafters" <err...@nomail.afraid.org>

| ...still got that shovel?

He's hitting sand with that shovel and the sand is caving in around him :-)

He posted...
"...told BS about renaming a file and submitting it to VT. VT uses MD5 to check files so
no matter what the file name is VT will see it as the same file ecause of the MD5

checksum. If I was to send him the file and he was to submit it he will see that the file

has already been submitted with the date nd time and that date and time will correspond

with my posting the info on the file."

mcare.exe
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/afe6f9df6f215819b38df420988f6a40864868a871c68eb153b78290ab4514d7-1248300299

obatssrsghde.exe
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/afe6f9df6f215819b38df420988f6a40864868a871c68eb153b78290ab4514d7-1248313555

Same file, same MD5 value, different filename, two VT reports with different submission
filenames.

So I just recreated what he did. Now Butts stated he submitted the file to MalwareBytes
with a MD5 of 3eb436f91454923f2d7f1d8dda41f681
I'll bet that the file analyzed at MalwareByts with a MD5 of
3eb436f91454923f2d7f1d8dda41f681 will show that it wasn't named "obatssrsghde.exe" nor
found in %TMP%.

Oh and since the file was submitted to Virus Total with a MD5 of
3eb436f91454923f2d7f1d8dda41f681, I could EASILY request the file from Julio.

FromTheRafters

Jul 22, 2009, 10:07:10 PM7/22/09

> As far as other file names the Prevx report shows other file names as
> I only have the one.

If CNN catches wind of it, I'm sure they all will start detecting it.

The Real Truth MVP

Jul 22, 2009, 10:32:34 PM7/22/09
All you did was click the button to re-analyze the file you lying sack of
shit. See my screen shot I just did, see the MD5. see the date. I did not
tell it to re-analyze. You piece of shit give it up now.
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/davidlipmanlyingasshole.jpg

your time.

Virus Guy

Jul 23, 2009, 12:37:38 AM7/23/09
The Real Truth MVP wrote:

> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/davidlipmanlyingasshole.jpg

Interesting.

Anyone running the mvps hosts file will not be able to access that
site. Because of these entries:

127.0.0.1 pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com
127.0.0.1 pcbutts1.software.informer.com #[Unauthorized.Downloads]
127.0.0.1 pcbutts1.com
127.0.0.1 www.pcbutts1.com
#[Unauthorized Downloads][SiteAdvisor.pcbutts1.com]
127.0.0.1 pcbutts1.ourtoolbar.com

Legit case for protection against malware - or is this a form of
censorship?

1PW

Jul 23, 2009, 12:58:23 AM7/23/09
Virus Guy wrote:

Snip, snip...

> Legit case for protection against malware - or is this a form of
> censorship?

Hello VG:

I doubt you would allow any youngsters to see some of the disgusting
filth butts has on his server(s). Butts brings great shame to
himself. If he's taken down the filth, that would be a step in the
right direction.

Warm regards,

David H. Lipman

Jul 23, 2009, 6:20:45 AM7/23/09
From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>

| Oh and since the file was submitted to Virus Total with a MD5 of
| 3eb436f91454923f2d7f1d8dda41f681, I could EASILY request the file from Julio.

Got it this AM in a 7z archive

it arrived twice, sent by the same person:

file name: obatssrsghde.exe
date.....: 2009/07/21 03:40
source...: US, Anonymous, id 1340019

file name: roxio_downloaded_from_Demonoid.co
date.....: 2009/07/21 03:34
source...: US, Anonymous, id 1340019

I will examine the below file later :-)

7f6f82967ab768bd3b7aa6ee40249686d0ecbc50944ed9548953e3a3e8a75bcb
~390KB

Virus Guy

Jul 23, 2009, 8:10:02 AM7/23/09
(mvps hosts file contains several "pcbutts" entries)

1PW wrote:

> > Legit case for protection against malware - or is this a form of
> > censorship?
>

> I doubt you would allow any youngsters to see some of the disgusting
> filth butts has on his server(s).

So, the answer is censorship eh?

I would not expect the mvps hosts file to have net-nanny functionality.
I've not yet looked at those PCbutts sites, but you've got to do better
than to tell me those entries are there for the sake of the children.
If that were true, then entries like youporn.com should also be there
(but note - in keeping with mvps host file's mandate to block ads and
tracking, the entries ads-dev.youporn.com and stats.youporn.com *are*
there).

Ant

Jul 23, 2009, 10:37:26 AM7/23/09
"The Real Lie MVP" wrote:
> You see that's how I know David is full of shit because I have the file,

Renaming a piece of malware you probably found on a binary newsgroup
to "obatssrsghde.exe" and submitting it to VT won't get you out of
your hole. Anyone can do that, as Dave demonstrated.

You still don't understand the significance of the file name despite
the clues given.

Leonard Agoado

Jul 23, 2009, 2:48:36 PM7/23/09

> From: "FromTheRafters" <err...@nomail.afraid.org>
>

> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
>
>>> If you want to post the key to the code of the file
>>> "obatssrsghde.exe", go for it :-)
>
> | What's the hurry?
>
> | It still has it's shovel in hand...

David et al...

Stop it! You guys are killing me!

I have zero crypto skill and I figured it out in two minutes. Now
you're making me sit on my hands while this unfolds and I'm damn near
bouncing out of my office with laughter.

Please, someone give up the key, or I'll never forgive the whole rot
of you. Every last one.

Regards,

Len Agoado
ago...@msn.com

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 2:59:05 PM7/23/09
"The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in

> You should have a copy of the file dipshit I submitted to you guys, oh
> that's right you are just a researcher you don't have access to it. I
> know they got it because MBAM now detects it along with MSSE still
> nothing from SAS.

Drinks down? Okay, let's begin.

Your right, I am a researcher with malwarebytes; Do you know what that
actually means I do?

Just in case, you couldn't answer question one above, I will tell you what
it is... exactly, sorta, that I do. I analyze software and determine if
it's harmful, and if so, how to remove it without killing your machine
along with it. As such (I know, the audience already guessed) I *do* have
access to each and every sample submitted to us via the forums, directly,
and even indirectly during url harvest pulls.

Otherwise, I wouldn't have anything to research... Are you on drugs when
you read usenet or something Chris?

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 3:02:05 PM7/23/09

> You see that's how I know David is full of shit because I have the
> file, when I submitted it it was not detected by anyone so I had to go
> back and check my records to see where and when I downloaded it. I am
> not going to disclose where I got it from because that's all David
> wants is to get his hands on it. You see he fucked up when he said the
> prevx report was wrong about the file size. If as he says that line in
> my file is a bogus marker then there would be no file at all for prevx
> to report on. And that link came straight from VT. The spammer also
> told BS about renaming a file and submitting it to VT. VT uses MD5 to
> check files so no matter what the file name is VT will see it as the
> same file because of the MD5 checksum. If I was to send him the file
> and he was to submit it he will see that the file has already been
> submitted with the date and time and that date and time will
> correspond with my posting the info on the file. He probably already
> knows I have the file and it is legit because of the way he name drops
> all the time I'm sure he has a contact at VT that can look at the logs
> for him and verify it, but he will never come here and admit that. The
> person setup here is him and the rest of the trolls who jumped on his
> bandwagon.

Tsk. I found the file you submitted; via MD5, thanks.

It does not create this file:

"%UserProfile%\local settings\temp\obatssrsghde.exe"

Md5 is a wonderful thing Christopher, it's how we all know whether we
have the same file you do or not. And, sadly, we don't. As David has
already spilled the beans, I'm going to go ahead and do so as well. The
entire section David quoted is garbage do nothing code; placed there as a
marker against piracy; specifically you Christopher. Their is no malware
sample which has anything to do with: *drum roll* "obatssrsghde.exe".
Never was. Big joke, you were the punchline. :)

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 3:05:52 PM7/23/09
Virus Guy <Vi...@Guy.com> wrote in news:4A68531A...@Guy.com:

> (mvps hosts file contains several "pcbutts" entries)
>
> 1PW wrote:
>
>> > Legit case for protection against malware - or is this a form of
>> > censorship?
>>
>> I doubt you would allow any youngsters to see some of the disgusting
>> filth butts has on his server(s).
>
> So, the answer is censorship eh?

In my opinion, no. I've never been a fan of censorship. PcButts is a
potentially harmful individual if any of his advice should be taken
seriously. That and outright theft of others software is why his site
should be avoided like the plague. He scored a position in that hosts
file after claiming he was an MVP (which he isn't) for so long, and
continuing to bootleg and host other peoples software without permission.
It has nothing to do with censorship. It's got to do with being a plain
outright, asshole.

> If that were true, then entries like youporn.com should also be there
> (but note - in keeping with mvps host file's mandate to block ads and
> tracking, the entries ads-dev.youporn.com and stats.youporn.com *are*
> there).

You seem to like a good mystery; Perhaps you should do your own research
on that we call pcbutts the pirate, and form your own conclusions? I for
one would be very interested in learning what you determine.

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 3:07:19 PM7/23/09
"Leonard Agoado" <ago...@msn.com> wrote in

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE... :) This has to be one of the longest running jokes
i've seen in a very long time.

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 3:28:42 PM7/23/09
"The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in

> You should have a copy of the file dipshit I submitted to you guys, oh
> that's right you are just a researcher you don't have access to it. I
> know they got it because MBAM now detects it along with MSSE still
> nothing from SAS.

*yawn*.

Take; obatssrsghde.exe and strip the .EXE you get; obatssrsghde shift
each character +1 you get; pcbuttsthief

Anyone who didn't actually get it, does now. :)

Leonard Agoado

Jul 23, 2009, 3:34:28 PM7/23/09

"Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com> wrote

> ...This has to be one of the longest running jokes

> i've seen in a very long time.

Dustin,

Are you referring to the obatssrsghde.exe iteration, or the entire
PCButts phenomena?

Regards,

Len Agoado
ago...@msn.com

Leonard Agoado

Jul 23, 2009, 3:42:08 PM7/23/09

> "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in
>
>> You should have a copy of the file dipshit I submitted to you guys,
>> oh
>> that's right you are just a researcher you don't have access to it. I
>> know they got it because MBAM now detects it along with MSSE still
>> nothing from SAS.
>
> *yawn*.
>
> Take; obatssrsghde.exe and strip the .EXE you get; obatssrsghde
> shift
> each character +1 you get; pcbuttsthief
>
> Anyone who didn't actually get it, does now. :)

Dustin,

For those (or that particular one) in your audience for whom the
above may be too complicated, the following link may help --

http://theblob.org/rot.cgi?text=obatssrsghde

Second entry down, next to ROT-1.

Regards,

Len Agoado
ago...@msn.com

1PW

Jul 23, 2009, 4:01:28 PM7/23/09
Dustin Cook wrote:
> "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in
>
>> You should have a copy of the file dipshit I submitted to you guys, oh
>> that's right you are just a researcher you don't have access to it. I
>> know they got it because MBAM now detects it along with MSSE still
>> nothing from SAS.
>
> *yawn*.
>
> Take; obatssrsghde.exe and strip the .EXE you get; obatssrsghde shift
> each character +1 you get; pcbuttsthief
>
> Anyone who didn't actually get it, does now. :)

If this wasn't so sad, and serious, it could be funny. Why would
Butts name an executable, *that* if /he/ wrote the code as he screamed
to us?

Butts: You have proven yourself a thief and a liar and you provided
the proof yourself for the world to see. You have stolen the code
from others, given no attribution, and then announced it as your own.
You have no honor and you have earned the ridicule you are about to
receive from the world.

Your best move would be to admit your guilt and then remain silent
forever and hope in a few years to be forgotten. What humiliating
dishonor you've brought on yourself.

I prayed for you and my prayers weren't answered this time. May God
have mercy on your pitiful life.

Ant

Jul 23, 2009, 4:09:44 PM7/23/09
"Leonard Agoado" wrote:

> I have zero crypto skill and I figured it out in two minutes. Now
> you're making me sit on my hands while this unfolds and I'm damn near
> bouncing out of my office with laughter.

I was hoping someone would get it!

> Please, someone give up the key, or I'll never forgive the whole rot
> of you. Every last one.

It would have been interesting to see if Butts could work it out but
he seems a bit dense.

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 4:18:43 PM7/23/09
"Leonard Agoado" <ago...@msn.com> wrote in news:WvCdndqcA-
CEIPXXnZ2dn...@giganews.com:

Thank you kind Sir. :)

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 4:19:23 PM7/23/09
"Leonard Agoado" <ago...@msn.com> wrote in

The iteration. I still have no reasonable explanation for the PCButts
phenomena.

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 4:19:40 PM7/23/09
"Ant" <n...@home.today> wrote in

Seems? Surely you jest.

David H. Lipman

Jul 23, 2009, 5:18:23 PM7/23/09
From: "Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com>

| "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in

>> You should have a copy of the file dipshit I submitted to you guys, oh
>> that's right you are just a researcher you don't have access to it. I
>> know they got it because MBAM now detects it along with MSSE still
>> nothing from SAS.

| *yawn*.

| Take; obatssrsghde.exe and strip the .EXE you get; obatssrsghde shift
| each character +1 you get; pcbuttsthief

| Anyone who didn't actually get it, does now. :)

Thanx for posting the key to the code. So many knew it EXCEPT the thief. LOL

David H. Lipman

Jul 23, 2009, 5:33:20 PM7/23/09
From: "Ant" <n...@home.today>

And I have the file and analyzed it. The EXE file is NOT the file resultant of malware it
is a trojan dropper. It drops three DLL files and uses Winlogon/Notify to load one of
them. If Butts truly had targeted the malware he would have analyzed the dropper and not
only gone after the dropper but the dropped files and altered Registry settings.

I'm playin' Grateful Dead music with the lines...

"setup like a bowling pin, knocked down, gets to wearing thin, just won't let you be..."

"What a long strange trip its been..."

Kudos, Stuart.... Kudos for showing that Christopher Butts (Patrick Christopher Butts,
PCBUTTS1) is nothing but a lowdown thief and YOU sir have been the victim.

Using the filename "obatssrsghde.exe" and coding PCBUTTSTHIEF by shifting the chracter was
a smart idea and now we have this thread as EVIDENCE. You sir still have all the other
markers, known to us (the anti malware community) and others known only to you and
<censored>.

Also, Thanx Dustin...

C H E C K M A T E !

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 5:41:20 PM7/23/09
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in

I'm a fan of the dead myself. :) PcButts seems to be silent as of now...
I can't wait to read his eventual replies. :)

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 5:41:53 PM7/23/09

> From: "Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com>
>
>| "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in
>
>>> You should have a copy of the file dipshit I submitted to you guys,
>>> oh that's right you are just a researcher you don't have access to
>>> it. I know they got it because MBAM now detects it along with MSSE
>>> still nothing from SAS.
>
>| *yawn*.
>
>| Take; obatssrsghde.exe and strip the .EXE you get; obatssrsghde
>| shift each character +1 you get; pcbuttsthief
>
>| Anyone who didn't actually get it, does now. :)
>

> Thanx for posting the key to the code. So many knew it EXCEPT the
> thief. LOL

Still, one of the longest running jokes I've had the pleasure of in a
very long long time. Thanks! :)

Virus Guy

Jul 23, 2009, 5:58:35 PM7/23/09
Dustin Cook wrote:

> > So, the answer is censorship eh?
>
> In my opinion, no. I've never been a fan of censorship. PcButts
> is a potentially harmful individual if any of his advice should
> be taken seriously.

So yes, you too have also just admitted that the MVPS hosts file is
acting in a censorship role when it includes pcbutts1 in it's list.

Who are you (or the MVP'S) to tell me that "he is a potentially harmful
individual" or that his advice "should not be taken seriously" ?

Why can't I make that determination (or not) on my own?

There are lots of people or web-sites that believe or host content that
some people believe is dangerous, disgusting, harmful, etc. Should they
also be included in the mvps hosts file?

> That and outright theft of others software is why his site should
> be avoided like the plague.

Does the software contain malware?

Have they been re-engineered to included viruses, trojans, keyloggers,
rootkits, etc?

If your only concern is that he's hosting software written by others
(and maybe even claiming authorship of it) then I really don't see why
that's such a big deal, since the internet is being used as a massive
content-distribution system anyways, and torrents make it possible to
obtain at no cost what you should otherwise have to pay for.

Why doesn't the mpvs hosts file also include piratebay, demonoid, and
other tracker domains?

> He scored a position in that hosts file after claiming he was
> an MVP (which he isn't)

Then it's sour grapes and censorship on the part of MVPS and the MVP
weenies, who have been anointed such an esteemed title by a criminal if
not vile corporation that we otherwise largely despise (am I the only
one that sees the irony?).

Do they admit that their hosts list includes their personal enemies? Or
would they rather have people not know that they're so petty.

> and continuing to bootleg and host other peoples software without
> permission.

The internet is one massive machine that is being used for just that
purpose.

> It has nothing to do with censorship. It's got to do with being
> a plain outright, asshole.

So the MVP's have an axe to grind with PCbutts. Adding his domains to
their hosts file puts me in their camp (unknowingly) - which I resent.
I now wonder how biased their hosts list is.

> You seem to like a good mystery; Perhaps you should do your own
> research on that we call pcbutts the pirate, and form your own
> conclusions? I for one would be very interested in learning what
> you determine.

How can I?

How can I go and look at the various PCbutts sites and blogs when the
MVP's have interfered with my ability to do so?

Oh, that's right. They've already determined that it's not good for me
to have a look.

David H. Lipman

Jul 23, 2009, 6:16:30 PM7/23/09
From: "Virus Guy" <Vi...@Guy.com>

| Dustin Cook wrote:

>> > So, the answer is censorship eh?

>> In my opinion, no. I've never been a fan of censorship. PcButts
>> is a potentially harmful individual if any of his advice should
>> be taken seriously.

| So yes, you too have also just admitted that the MVPS hosts file is

| acting in a censorship role when it includes pcbutts1 in it's list.

| Who are you (or the MVP'S) to tell me that "he is a potentially harmful
| individual" or that his advice "should not be taken seriously" ?

| Why can't I make that determination (or not) on my own?

| There are lots of people or web-sites that believe or host content that
| some people believe is dangerous, disgusting, harmful, etc. Should they
| also be included in the mvps hosts file?

>> That and outright theft of others software is why his site should

>> be avoided like the plague.

| Does the software contain malware?

| Have they been re-engineered to included viruses, trojans, keyloggers,
| rootkits, etc?

| If your only concern is that he's hosting software written by others
| (and maybe even claiming authorship of it) then I really don't see why
| that's such a big deal, since the internet is being used as a massive
| content-distribution system anyways, and torrents make it possible to
| obtain at no cost what you should otherwise have to pay for.

| Why doesn't the mpvs hosts file also include piratebay, demonoid, and
| other tracker domains?

>> He scored a position in that hosts file after claiming he was

>> an MVP (which he isn't)

| Then it's sour grapes and censorship on the part of MVPS and the MVP

| weenies, who have been anointed such an esteemed title by a criminal if
| not vile corporation that we otherwise largely despise (am I the only
| one that sees the irony?).

| Do they admit that their hosts list includes their personal enemies? Or
| would they rather have people not know that they're so petty.

>> and continuing to bootleg and host other peoples software without
>> permission.

| The internet is one massive machine that is being used for just that
| purpose.

>> It has nothing to do with censorship. It's got to do with being
>> a plain outright, asshole.

| So the MVP's have an axe to grind with PCbutts. Adding his domains to

| their hosts file puts me in their camp (unknowingly) - which I resent.
| I now wonder how biased their hosts list is.

>> You seem to like a good mystery; Perhaps you should do your own

>> research on that we call pcbutts the pirate, and form your own
>> conclusions? I for one would be very interested in learning what
>> you determine.

| How can I?

| How can I go and look at the various PCbutts sites and blogs when the
| MVP's have interfered with my ability to do so?

| Oh, that's right. They've already determined that it's not good for me
| to have a look.

It was NEVER about censorship.

Butts was plgiarizising the software written by MS MVPs as well as improperly hosting anti
malware signature files (such as for Ad-aware) and calling his website a miror. The claim
to his site being a trusted anti malware signature mirror was false.

FromTheRafters

Jul 23, 2009, 6:38:34 PM7/23/09

> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in

[...]

>> "What a long strange trip its been..."

[...]

> I'm a fan of the dead myself. :)

Saw them once, at the velodrome Carson/Compton L.A.. They give you your
moneys worth.

> PcButts seems to be silent as of now...
> I can't wait to read his eventual replies. :)

It probably still doesn't get it.

FromTheRafters

Jul 23, 2009, 6:43:29 PM7/23/09
"Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

<sigh>

I think you're going to have to demonstrate the substitution (shift)
cypher to it.

FromTheRafters

Jul 23, 2009, 6:58:44 PM7/23/09
"Virus Guy" <Vi...@Guy.com> wrote in message
> The Real Truth MVP wrote:
>
>> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/davidlipmanlyingasshole.jpg
>
> Interesting.
>
> Anyone running the mvps hosts file will not be able to access that
> site. Because of these entries:
>
> 127.0.0.1 pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com
> 127.0.0.1 pcbutts1.software.informer.com #[Unauthorized.Downloads]
> 127.0.0.1 pcbutts1.com
> 127.0.0.1 www.pcbutts1.com
> #[Unauthorized Downloads][SiteAdvisor.pcbutts1.com]
> 127.0.0.1 pcbutts1.ourtoolbar.com

> Legit case for protection against malware - or is this a form of
> censorship?

Censorship! This is what has become of the "hosts" file. The only 'name'
that would rightfully point to a loopback address is "localhost". All
others would point to the IP addresses desired by the administrator.
You, as the administrator, choosing to use a hosts file prepared by
someone else, makes you the censor.

So it *is* censorship, but it couldn't happen to a much more deserving
personaltiy than that of OB .. a.. err (an 'o' is a 'p' and a 'b' is a
'c') PCButts.

FromTheRafters

Jul 23, 2009, 7:09:46 PM7/23/09

> From: "Dustin Cook" <bughunte...@gmail.com>
>
> | "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in
>
>>> You should have a copy of the file dipshit I submitted to you guys,
>>> oh
>>> that's right you are just a researcher you don't have access to it.
>>> know they got it because MBAM now detects it along with MSSE still
>>> nothing from SAS.
>
> | *yawn*.
>
> | Take; obatssrsghde.exe and strip the .EXE you get; obatssrsghde
> shift
> | each character +1 you get; pcbuttsthief
>
> | Anyone who didn't actually get it, does now. :)
>

> Thanx for posting the key to the code. So many knew it EXCEPT the
> thief. LOL

The lights intensify, the curtain closes, but somehow I don't think the
show is quite over.

FromTheRafters

Jul 23, 2009, 7:12:49 PM7/23/09
"Leonard Agoado" <ago...@msn.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Scooby-Doo smells a clue...

David W. Hodgins

Jul 23, 2009, 7:19:18 PM7/23/09
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:58:35 -0400, Virus Guy <Vi...@guy.com> wrote:

> Does the software contain malware?

It updated the hosts file (without the user knowing) to block many
valid sources of anti-malware software, thus can be considered to
be malware, in and of, itself.

Anyone using the mvps hosts file is, by definition, choosing to let
the authors decide which sites should be avoided.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 7:35:00 PM7/23/09
Virus Guy <Vi...@Guy.com> wrote in news:4A68DD0B...@Guy.com:

> Dustin Cook wrote:
>
>> > So, the answer is censorship eh?
>>
>> In my opinion, no. I've never been a fan of censorship. PcButts
>> is a potentially harmful individual if any of his advice should
>> be taken seriously.
>
> So yes, you too have also just admitted that the MVPS hosts file is
> acting in a censorship role when it includes pcbutts1 in it's list.

Odd, I didn't remember typing as much; and re-reading what I wrote
indicates no such admission. but, whatever.

> Who are you (or the MVP'S) to tell me that "he is a potentially
> harmful individual" or that his advice "should not be taken seriously"
> ?

I'm merely an antimalware expert, your welcome to take my advice or not.

> Why can't I make that determination (or not) on my own?

Feel free.

> There are lots of people or web-sites that believe or host content
> that some people believe is dangerous, disgusting, harmful, etc.
> Should they also be included in the mvps hosts file?

Are they too stealing code?

>> That and outright theft of others software is why his site should
>> be avoided like the plague.
>
> Does the software contain malware?
>
> Have they been re-engineered to included viruses, trojans, keyloggers,
> rootkits, etc?

I wouldn't know. I don't spend much time with his software since I
previously looked at it, some time ago.

> If your only concern is that he's hosting software written by others
> (and maybe even claiming authorship of it) then I really don't see why
> that's such a big deal, since the internet is being used as a massive
> content-distribution system anyways, and torrents make it possible to
> obtain at no cost what you should otherwise have to pay for.

Er wait, Aren't you the guy who's bootlegging the software made by the
company I work for? Doh...

> Why doesn't the mpvs hosts file also include piratebay, demonoid, and
> other tracker domains?

I don't think? they qualify. You should ask the creators of the file to
be sure tho.

>> He scored a position in that hosts file after claiming he was
>> an MVP (which he isn't)
>
> Then it's sour grapes and censorship on the part of MVPS and the MVP
> weenies, who have been anointed such an esteemed title by a criminal
> if not vile corporation that we otherwise largely despise (am I the
> only one that sees the irony?).

Your entitled to your opinions, of course.

> Do they admit that their hosts list includes their personal enemies?
> Or would they rather have people not know that they're so petty.

Personal enemies? I don't maintain the list, and I don't know of any way
to have a site added specifically for personal reasons.

>> and continuing to bootleg and host other peoples software without
>> permission.
>
> The internet is one massive machine that is being used for just that
> purpose.

The internet actually has far greater uses, and piracy is but a small
part of it. Don't drink all the koolaid, friend.

>> It has nothing to do with censorship. It's got to do with being
>> a plain outright, asshole.
>
> So the MVP's have an axe to grind with PCbutts. Adding his domains to
> their hosts file puts me in their camp (unknowingly) - which I resent.
> I now wonder how biased their hosts list is.

Do you know what I resent? People who seem to think bootlegging all
software is perfectly okay.

>> You seem to like a good mystery; Perhaps you should do your own
>> research on that we call pcbutts the pirate, and form your own
>> conclusions? I for one would be very interested in learning what
>> you determine.
>
> How can I?
>
> How can I go and look at the various PCbutts sites and blogs when the
> MVP's have interfered with my ability to do so?
>
> Oh, that's right. They've already determined that it's not good for
> me to have a look.

Rename the hosts file? That wasn't too hard, was it?

Dustin Cook

Jul 23, 2009, 7:37:40 PM7/23/09
"FromTheRafters" <err...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in news:h4ar0i$84e$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

Hmm, I don't see why it wouldn't be. This thread should answer any
potential questions on that of PcButts that Virus Guy may still have.
PcButts dug his grave here, entirely on his own. He was stupid enough to
try and explain away some code he didn't author, and wound up being a
complete ass (as most of us already know him to be) in the process. No
questions, no further doubt of any kind. He's a fraud, and we all know
it. Newbies need only be pointed to this thread. Has someone archived it?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jul 23, 2009, 7:52:44 PM7/23/09
Dustin Cook wrote:

> Newbies need only be pointed to this thread. Has someone archived it?
>: )

You could post it in Buttface's blog ... <lol>

--
-bts

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted