Cisco VPN Client causes reboot with SATA with K8N Neo Platinum

@optonlinedotnet Zebra

Aug 14, 2004, 8:06:02 PM8/14/04
I am ready to wave a white flag with my MSI K8N Neo Platinum and
trying to get it to support my Western Digital 36GB SATA Raptor with
Windows 2000.

Everything works fine with a PATA 80GB drive as boot but when I try
the SATA drive as boot, when I try to establish a connection with the
Cisco VPN client version 4.0.3, the PC spontenously reboots. As soon
as I log in, and the VPN software is negotiating the VPN tunnel, poof!

This only happens with I try to use the SATA drive as the boot (C:)
drive. The same software is rock solid when running a 80 GB 8meg cache
WD PATA as the boot (C:) drive.

(Having spent extra on a SATA drive, I'd like to take advantage of
it's superior speed as my boot or operating system drive.)

Anyone else have this problem? Searching the forums, newsgroups, Cisco
& the 'net have not found any fixes.

I tried using "compatibility mode" with the VPN client software but
that had no effect. Then I tried running it with no firewall (am using
Sygate Personal Firewall Pro 5.5) and then with no antivirus program
(NAV) running - no difference.

Athlon 64 3000+
MSI K8N NEO Platinum
Samsung PC3200 512MB (2x256)
Antec TrueBlue 480W PS 5V/38A 12V/22A 3.3V/30A
MSI nVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT
Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB boot
2 Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache
NEC DVD/RW 8X ND-2500A