GeForce FX 5200 AGP Graphics Card ?

gecko

Sep 30, 2007, 5:58:22 PM9/30/07
Anyone know if the PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 256MB DDR AGP Graphics
Card is 1.5V or 3.3V? I have googled the thing and I can't find the
answer. It is important.

Thanks

Gecko

Paul

Sep 30, 2007, 7:02:12 PM9/30/07

I have a couple FX5200 cards, and they both work in my 440BX board.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpcompat/agp.html

The FX5200 AGP is rated as "Universal AGP 3.0 Card" and
certainly seems to behave that way here. It works in a
3.3V only motherboard, and in a couple AGP 8X boards.
Look for a picture of your card, and there should be
two slots cut in the connector (like the card on the
right of this picture).

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpcompat/voltageslots.jpg

Paul

gecko

Sep 30, 2007, 7:27:05 PM9/30/07
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:02:12 -0400, Paul <nos...@needed.com> wrote:

>The FX5200 AGP is rated as "Universal AGP 3.0 Card" and
>certainly seems to behave that way here. It works in a
>3.3V only motherboard, and in a couple AGP 8X boards.
>Look for a picture of your card, and there should be
>two slots cut in the connector (like the card on the
>right of this picture).
>
>http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpcompat/voltageslots.jpg

Then I doubt it will work with my ASUS P4B533-VM motherboard. Dang!

Gecko

Paul

Sep 30, 2007, 8:09:08 PM9/30/07

Maybe I should word my answer clearer.

"It works with everything"

The P4B533-VM uses 845G chipset. AGP4x and 1.5V only.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hw/20/ASUS_P4B533-VM/

That means the plastic key in the AGP slot is set to the 1.5V position.
The FX5200 mates with any kind of motherboard. It mates with my 3.3V only
motherboard (key in 3.3V position). It mates with your 1.5V
only 845G motherboard. I've also run it with my AGP8X Nforce2
motherboard and AGP8X 875P motherboard. It works with all of
them. That is what "universal" is meant to imply.

Look at the "Practical Motherboard And Card Compatibility" table
in the playtool.com article. Check the five entries in the column
on the right, entitled "Universal AGP 3.0 Card". All five motherboard
types are supported.

Go ahead, use it. Just be aware it is not a big gamer card. I can
run the BF2 demo on it, but all the settings have to be at or near
their lowest. For email and web surfing, it is fine.

Hope that helps,
Paul