Help identify this mobo please

RCE Defiant

Apr 30, 2002, 9:01:00 AM4/30/02
I've got a motherboard that I need drivers for but cannot find anything on
the net. I have wrote down some marking information that may be of use.
Any help appreciated.

Microscience
MB-7170
PII 1440LG
1859

I'm trying to find the drivers for the onboard graphics chip.

RCE Defiant

uk_media_dv...@hotmail.com - REMOVE the obvious
Bad DVD trader's info http://www.geocities.com/ukmediadvd/

Jim

Apr 30, 2002, 9:16:34 AM4/30/02
On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:01:00 +0100, "RCE Defiant" <sp...@spam.com>
wrote:

>I've got a motherboard that I need drivers for but cannot find anything on
>the net. I have wrote down some marking information that may be of use.
>Any help appreciated.
>
>Microscience
>MB-7170
>PII 1440LG
>1859
>
>I'm trying to find the drivers for the onboard graphics chip.

The video chipset probably has the name and version silkscreened on
it. Maybe Trident or Nvidia. Go to the manufacture of the chipset
and look there.

Also, on board video is usually pretty mundane stuff. Windows will
most likely have a driver for it.

Jim

Pete Ulrich

Apr 30, 2002, 9:24:46 AM4/30/02
Can you find an FCC number on the motherboard??????

"RCE Defiant" <sp...@spam.com> wrote in message

BigH2K

Apr 30, 2002, 9:49:52 AM4/30/02

"RCE Defiant" <sp...@spam.com> wrote in message

It's a PCChips M717

Marco Desa

Apr 30, 2002, 9:46:41 AM4/30/02
Try these documents:

http://users.belgacom.net/edv/manuals/m717v11.pdf

http://users.belgacom.net/edv/boards.html#Auswahl

I hope it helps somewhat.

Marco Desa
marcodesa@NOSPAM_hotmail.com

James Hastie

Apr 30, 2002, 9:55:50 AM4/30/02

"ukk

Marco Desa

Apr 30, 2002, 9:56:30 AM4/30/02
Also try the following site to help you find out about the manufacturer and
bios version and so forth:

http://www.motherboards.org/mobocop.html

Marco Desa
marcodesa@NOSPAM_hotmail.com

Franc Zabkar

May 4, 2002, 1:22:53 AM5/4/02
On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:01:00 +0100, "RCE Defiant" <sp...@spam.com> put
finger to keyboard and composed:

>I've got a motherboard that I need drivers for but cannot find anything on
>the net. I have wrote down some marking information that may be of use.
>Any help appreciated.
>
>Microscience
>MB-7170
>PII 1440LG
>1859
>
>I'm trying to find the drivers for the onboard graphics chip.

If you are using Win9x go to the MS-DOS prompt (Start/Run/Command/OK)
and type the following:

debug
-n vgabios.bin
-rcx
CX 0000
:8000
-w c000:0
Writing 08000 bytes
-q

This writes the contents of the VGA BIOS to a file named vgabios.bin.

Now search this file for text strings using the Edit command:

edit /r /72 vgabiosbin

My onboard BIOS returns the following strings:

"SiS PCI True Color Graphics and Video Accelerator1 M Byte Video
Memory, Shared-Memory BIOS Ver1.10 06-24-98; Support VESA BIOS
Extension version 2.0"

"SiS super VGA chip. Silicon Integrated Systems Corp. SiS 5597"

-- Franc Zabkar

Please remove one 'g' from my address when replying by email.

Ash

May 7, 2002, 4:08:38 AM5/7/02
As long as you can read the number at the bottom of the screen when it boots
up try this site. Good for finding the manufacturer and any bios updates.

http://www.wimsbios.com/

"Jim" <ra...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

Chris Nowak

May 8, 2002, 12:25:55 PM5/8/02