Can Ya get Arctic epoxy off?

Error 404

Aug 1, 2002, 2:31:57 AM8/1/02
I am gonna be fixing cooling fans all over my V5 5500 PCI vid card to
get a little more OC'ing outta it... and I am wonderin... when i get
the card replaced i will want to salvage some of those fans... Will
it be possible to get the actic silver epoxy off of the RAM and
cooling fan without ruining either of them?

Nick M.V.Salmon

Aug 1, 2002, 5:50:34 AM8/1/02
Mix in 30% of thermal compound - Artic Silver recommend using their own AS
of course but I've used ordinary Servisol a couple times when I was running
low on AS & it still sets okay. It sets quite a lot slower (20 mins instead
of 5 before it really 'grips') and never goes as hard but it sticks well
enough & you can remove anything stuck on with it. I'd test a tiny mix
first to check it will go hard enough though. If you use full strength AS
Epoxy then it will be _permanent_..!

[UK]_Nick...

"Error 404" <error...@shaw.ca> wrote

몰라

Aug 18, 2002, 5:26:48 PM8/18/02
the man with no name said,

Yep, put them in the freezer for ?

Quantity/mixture dependant, about an hour [18慢-]
test!, if a nono, more time in the freezer!.

Remember to use a 'zip' bag, flathead screwdriver
and pencil [fulcrum]

路塭