Windows Vista Freeware

anon...@remailer.hastio.org

Nov 9, 2007, 9:37:54 PM11/9/07
I heard there was a free trial version of Vista somewhere. Does anyone
know anything about this?

TIA!
The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

Thorsten Duhn

Nov 10, 2007, 1:31:13 AM11/10/07
Hello,

nice crossposting (especially to "alt.idiots"). Ignored.
Crosspost should always include a followup-to I think.

> I heard there was a free trial version of Vista somewhere. Does
> anyone know anything about this?

as far as I know there were time limited test/beta versions before
final release of Vista. They are no longer available and timed out.
I never heard of a current trial download.

Additionally a trial is not freeware as it requires buying after
end of trial period (not to mention possible feature limitations).

Regards,
Thorsten
--
connect thorst...@editorial.de
load http://www.editorial.de

Elf Wizard

Nov 10, 2007, 2:27:19 AM11/10/07
On Nov 10, 4:37 am, anonym...@remailer.hastio.org wrote:
> I heard there was a free trial version of Vista somewhere. Does anyone
> know anything about this?
>
> TIA!
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think that ms ever released windows at shareware basis. Maybe
you mean the beta testing (that is over).

The only related things I know is:
a) the upgrade advisor http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

and
b) this "test-driving" site (I didn't tested it): http://www.vistatestdrive.com/

Greets!!!
Giorgos. :-)

John Stubbings

Nov 10, 2007, 3:48:16 AM11/10/07
<anon...@remailer.hastio.org> wrote in message

You can get a virtual machine of Vista from Microsoft [ Enterprise version
runs for one month ] that runs in Virtual PC 2007 free from Microsoft