FrameMaster software

D. Arlington

Sep 10, 2009, 2:55:36 AM9/10/09
Does anyone know of a FREE program like FrameMaster for adding all kinds of
frames to photos? I'm glad I didn't pay for this one because it locks up
constantly. Thanks for your help.

Prophetess

Sep 10, 2009, 11:27:36 AM9/10/09

Photoscape has a variety of frames in the program you can use..I do
not know though about business usage though, this I need to look into,
I use it for personal and was going to begin to design my own with
paint and gimp and the use of public domain graphics

Message has been deleted

Prophetess

Sep 10, 2009, 11:43:05 AM9/10/09
> Photoscape. Although it doesn't have many wood frames, it has more
> masked frames and border frames than FrameMaster.
>
> Photoscape
> OS: Win NT/9x/ME/2000/XP/Vistawww.photoscape.org

but even though it does not have many designed frames in photoscape as
you say it is borders YOU CAN add photographs on top of the frame, or
writing, or whatever to make it have a design, stick to public domain
workings though or you could find yourself sued for pics nowadays

I change the way the borders and frames are in photoscape, they
basically give you a SQUARE or circle framing, then you can play with
it and design it, you can not color it though...is framemaster free
ware?

you have to be so careful with art on any program because I had
contacted free software on scrapbooking to ask if I could use them in
web design, like place it up on my website, they said NO, no
transmitting, so you have to check, they said the scrapbooking
programs were for personal use no business and no transmitting onto
websites

D. Arlington

Sep 10, 2009, 4:12:46 PM9/10/09

"Prophetess" <prophet...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I downloaded it and will check it out thoroughly when I finish this project
I'm working on. So far it looks very good.

D. Arlington

Sep 10, 2009, 4:17:35 PM9/10/09

"M.L." <m...@privacy.invalid> wrote in message
> Photoscape. Although it doesn't have many wood frames, it has more
> masked frames and border frames than FrameMaster.
>
> Photoscape
> OS: Win NT/9x/ME/2000/XP/Vista
> www.photoscape.org

The wood frames are the ones I would like to have.

Prophetess: This is for my own personal use. I take many pictures in my
travels and use only my own.

Prophetess

Sep 10, 2009, 9:00:55 PM9/10/09

Prophetess

Sep 10, 2009, 9:07:07 PM9/10/09
On Sep 10, 4:17 pm, "D. Arlington" <inva...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

GoodFrame v0.7

http://www.freewarefiles.com/GoodFrame_program_39085.html

D. Arlington

Sep 10, 2009, 10:31:12 PM9/10/09

GoodFrame v0.7

http://www.freewarefiles.com/GoodFrame_program_39085.html

Thank you very much. These programs are just what I needed. :o)

Jan Claeys

Sep 11, 2009, 12:25:46 AM9/11/09
Hello,

Op Thu, 10 Sep 2009 01:55:36 -0500, schreef D. Arlington:

> Does anyone know of a FREE program like FrameMaster for adding all kinds
> of frames to photos? I'm glad I didn't pay for this one because it locks
> up constantly. Thanks for your help.

Somebody I know is working on an open source program[1] for Linux,
Windows & Mac OS X that should allow such things as one of its features,
so it might be useful if you and other users could explain what sort of
"borders" you actually want to add to images.

At the moment it supports things like "rounded corners", "contour",
"shadow", "reflection", "solid border" & "polaroid", but it's plugin-
based, so adding more fancy borders is as "simple" as writing a plugin
python script.

You can add your ideas, suggestions, etc. here (I'll group & forward
them) or on the Phatch forum[2] if you want... :-)

[1] http://photobatch.stani.be/
[2] http://photobatch.wikidot.com/forum:start

--
JanC

D. Arlington

Sep 11, 2009, 1:34:42 AM9/11/09

"Jan Claeys" <use...@janc.be> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> Op Thu, 10 Sep 2009 01:55:36 -0500, schreef D. Arlington:
>> Does anyone know of a FREE program like FrameMaster for adding all kinds
>> of frames to photos? I'm glad I didn't pay for this one because it locks
>> up constantly. Thanks for your help.
>
> Somebody I know is working on an open source program[1] for Linux,
> Windows & Mac OS X that should allow such things as one of its features,
> so it might be useful if you and other users could explain what sort of
> "borders" you actually want to add to images.

Perhaps this will help that person by avoiding some of these issues and
adding a real looking type of picture frame, and not just a colored mat
around the image. GoodFrame does not do too well on Vista. Most of the
buttons do not work. I suppose it's for XP and before. There are no help
files. Much of the program's text is so light it cannot be read on my
monitor. I had to feel my way around the interface.

I would like to add wood type frames of all kinds to my images, not just
plain colored frames or mats. Frames one would see on pictures for sale at
the store. Some fancy and some plain. Some that look like metal and others
like wood with adjustable thickness. Contemporary and Victorian. If
GoodFrame does these things, it does not do them on a Vista OS.

> At the moment it supports things like "rounded corners", "contour",
> "shadow", "reflection", "solid border" & "polaroid", but it's plugin-
> based, so adding more fancy borders is as "simple" as writing a plugin
> python script.
>
> You can add your ideas, suggestions, etc. here (I'll group & forward
> them) or on the Phatch forum[2] if you want... :-)
>

> [1] http://photobatch.stani.be/
> [2] http://photobatch.wikidot.com/forum:start
>
> --
> JanC

Yes, I will do that. Thank you.

D. Arlington

Sep 11, 2009, 1:52:41 AM9/11/09

"Jan Claeys" <use...@janc.be> wrote in message

What does the information below mean? What is python, wxpython
and pil? Where do you get them from, what are they and why must they be
installed?
What does "start phatch in trunk/phatch with: python phatch.py"
mean? Is that some kind of special software? ?!?!?!??!?!?!??

windows, mac & linux
tar.gz source package

First install:
- python
- wxpython
- pil
- findutils (linux only)

Unzip the downloaded file and start phatch in trunk/phatch with:
python phatch.py

> --
> JanC

Craig

Sep 11, 2009, 1:58:35 AM9/11/09

All good questions. Try here for the answers:
<http://photobatch.wikidot.com/forum:start>

hth

D. Arlington

Sep 11, 2009, 2:24:48 AM9/11/09

"Craig" <netbu...@REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in message

It appears other software must be downloaded and installed before installing
this program. I'll pass. ;o)

Prophetess

Sep 11, 2009, 11:49:25 AM9/11/09

I am not being rude, but these are free, you know the expression dont
let a poor man be a beggar? or something along those lines, I
understand that you want wooden frames, and one is available on
photoscape, framing programs for free are hard to come by, just
appreciate the ones that are, but if I run accross any others I will
let you know

Dawn

Craig

Sep 11, 2009, 1:22:39 PM9/11/09
On 09/10/2009 09:25 PM, Jan Claeys wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Op Thu, 10 Sep 2009 01:55:36 -0500, schreef D. Arlington:
>> Does anyone know of a FREE program like FrameMaster for adding all kinds
>> of frames to photos? I'm glad I didn't pay for this one because it locks
>> up constantly. Thanks for your help.
>
> Somebody I know is working on an open source program[1] for Linux...

Thanks for the reference. Looks interesting.

--
-Craig

D. Arlington

Sep 12, 2009, 3:04:22 AM9/12/09

"Prophetess" <prophet...@gmail.com> wrote in message

= Sorry, I thought you meant they wanted suggestions. :*(

understand that you want wooden frames, and one is available on
photoscape, framing programs for free are hard to come by, just
appreciate the ones that are, but if I run accross any others I will
let you know

= Thank you.

Dawn

Jan Claeys

Oct 1, 2009, 3:21:59 PM10/1/09
Op Fri, 11 Sep 2009 01:24:48 -0500, schreef D. Arlington:

> It appears other software must be downloaded and installed before
> installing this program. I'll pass. ;o)

You can compare them to all the DLLs that most programs come with on
Windows.

On Ubuntu, and most other popular linux distributions, the operating
system installer will make sure everything needed is installed
automaticly, but Windows isn't advanced enough for that... ;-)

I know that the developers are working on a solution for Windows though
(which would also make it possible to use it as a "portable app" on
Windows). I'll try to remember to post an announcement here when the
simple Windows installer is ready.

PS: I'll also forward your request for "wooden frames" & such. Thanks
for your input!

--
JanC

Jan Claeys