Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

LastPass Upgrade

1 vista
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Ken S. Tucker

no leída,
8 nov 2008, 12:06:03 p.m.8/11/2008
para
Recent changes to LastPass: 1.35

Identity support, allows you to assign all your accounts/notes to
identities and browse just with those sites -- limit your work account
for example.
*Kicked Bear Bottoms off the "What Others Are Saying About LastPass
Comments"*.
Added autofill support to the right click context menus
Substantially less bandwidth used for syncing, immediate update on
changes
**Kicked Bear Bottoms off the "What Others Are Saying About LastPass
Comments"*.
Equivalent Domain support, with a global list to start from
m.lastpass.com now allows site launching for iPhone/iPod Touch
*Kicked Bear Bottoms off the "What Others Are Saying About LastPass
Comments"*.
Recently generated passwords are kept in the LastPass Icon menu for easy
access despite domain switching
*Kicked Bear Bottoms off the "What Others Are Saying About LastPass
Comments"*.
Expand all/collapse all and account settings added to built-in home page
Initial Swedish language support
*Kicked Bear Bottoms off the "What Others Are Saying About LastPass
Comments"*.
IE now also has the ability to drop the text next to the icon if using
the compact toolbar
*Kicked Bear Bottoms off the "What Others Are Saying About LastPass
Comments"*.
LastPass Firefox preference changes are no longer lost if your Firefox
crashes
*Kicked Bear Bottoms off the "What Others Are Saying About LastPass
Comments"*.
Fixed bug with accepting shares in IE only
Kicked Bear Bottoms off the Testimonials Page.

John Corliss

no leída,
8 nov 2008, 1:00:37 p.m.8/11/2008
para
On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 12:06:03 -0500, Ken S. Tucker wrote:

> *Kicked Bear Bottoms off the "What Others Are Saying About LastPass
> Comments"*.

Why, Ken, how in the world did that happen?
--
The The "new and improved" John Corliss on ACF on 11.03.08 wrote:
"MF, you had better back off. I will come after you and this
is no shit. You don't want to fuck with me. You have been warned."

Ken S. Tucker

no leída,
8 nov 2008, 7:53:46 p.m.8/11/2008
para
On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 13:00:37 -0500, John Corliss wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 12:06:03 -0500, Ken S. Tucker wrote:
>
>> *Kicked Bear Bottoms off the "What Others Are Saying About LastPass
>> Comments"*.
>
> Why, Ken, how in the world did that happen?

John, please holdddddd back Tiger, no smashee mouthee, OK?

I made communication with LastPass, a fine program although many might
disagree. Looking through their website, I caught Bear Bottoms name in
the Comments.

I forwarded to LastPass several Google Groups threads where the contempt
for Bear Bottoms, his consistent fraud placed on ACF and his criminal
background were highlighted.

I received a return email thanking me for my efforts, how happy they
were to know of their mistake and how quickly (within minutes) they
would remedy the sordid affair.

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
8 nov 2008, 8:18:25 p.m.8/11/2008
para
"Ken S. Tucker" <dyna...@vianet.on.ca> wrote in news:gf5caq$ume$1
@aioe.org:

LOL...your nuts. I have no criminal background. Careful...bordering on
slander if not dead in the middle of it.

--
Bear Bottoms
Freeware website: http://bearware.info

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
8 nov 2008, 8:20:32 p.m.8/11/2008
para
"Ken S. Tucker" <dyna...@vianet.on.ca> wrote in news:gf5caq$ume$1
@aioe.org:

> On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 13:00:37 -0500, John Corliss wrote:

Ari...you are well known...tread carefully here.

hummingbird

no leída,
8 nov 2008, 8:38:40 p.m.8/11/2008
para

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:18:25 +0000 (UTC) 'Bear Bottoms'
wrote this on alt.comp.freeware:

"Ken S. Tucker" is one Ari's socks. He's safely ignored and is
already in my k/f as a reward for his wasted efforts :-)

--
"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed,

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
8 nov 2008, 9:45:46 p.m.8/11/2008
para
hummingbird <hummi...@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:gf5ev0.134.1
@localhost.127.0.0.1:

Ya, I know this.

Ken S. Tucker

no leída,
8 nov 2008, 10:41:44 p.m.8/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:18:25 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

>> I forwarded to LastPass several Google Groups threads where the
> contempt
>> for Bear Bottoms, his consistent fraud placed on ACF and his criminal
>> background were highlighted.
>>
>> I received a return email thanking me for my efforts, how happy they
>> were to know of their mistake and how quickly (within minutes) they
>> would remedy the sordid affair.
>>
> LOL...your nuts. I have no criminal background. Careful...bordering on
> slander if not dead in the middle of it.

I would be concerned, William, if you had a hint of the definition of
slander and if you weren't associated to the deepest degrees with a slew
of criminals.

Ken S. Tucker

no leída,
8 nov 2008, 10:43:37 p.m.8/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 02:45:46 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

>>>LOL...your nuts. I have no criminal background. Careful...bordering on
>>>slander if not dead in the middle of it.
>>
>> "Ken S. Tucker" is one Ari's socks. He's safely ignored and is
>> already in my k/f as a reward for his wasted efforts :-)
>>
> Ya, I know this.

Yes you do, you can be read to if not able to read the rather long
thread where you have purposefully not participated.

How is life hunkered down in the mid of nowhere with nothing but ghosts
and "spooks" for your friends?

Ari

no leída,
8 nov 2008, 10:49:53 p.m.8/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:20:32 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

>> John, please holdddddd back Tiger, no smashee mouthee, OK?
>>
>> I made communication with LastPass, a fine program although many might
>> disagree. Looking through their website, I caught Bear Bottoms name in
>> the Comments.
>>
>> I forwarded to LastPass several Google Groups threads where the
> contempt
>> for Bear Bottoms, his consistent fraud placed on ACF and his criminal
>> background were highlighted.
>>
>> I received a return email thanking me for my efforts, how happy they
>> were to know of their mistake and how quickly (within minutes) they
>> would remedy the sordid affair.
>
> Ari...you are well known...tread carefully here.

Bottoms, go fuck yourself, unlike you, I have many sanctuaries, several
friends and nothing to fear. You have nothing left but the end of your
times.

I'm going to be straightforward with you Bottoms. Stay indiscreet, post
as you wish, stay the fuck out of anything that has to do with security,
waaaaay the fuck away from anything that has to do with the security of
folks who might meander in here looking for encryption or any other kind
of security software.

And you can take your semi-veiled threats and your goombah buddies and
stuff them entirely up your hick-ass butt.

Clear enough?

Feel my tread on your fat neck?
--
Meet Ari!
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3wh3hh

Donavan Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:45:00 a.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:20:32 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

Freedom Chunks

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:45:12 a.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:20:32 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

"BB" Tard

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:45:29 a.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:20:32 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Ari...you are well known...tread carefully here.

--
The "BB" Tard buzzes happily, "BB"'s glad to "BB" alive
As "BB" forages for bearshit to take back to "BB"s hive

Krazee Brenda

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:46:00 a.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:20:32 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Ari...you are well known...tread carefully here.

--
See Brenda's UniWorldWare
http://tinyurl.com/nm2yt

Franklin >

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:49:56 a.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:20:32 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Ari...you are well known...tread carefully here.

Well known? Where? How do you know Ari? Tread "here" is where? On
Usenet? Louisiana?

Who knows Ari? How do you know they know Ari?

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 6:17:04 a.m.9/11/2008
para
Ari <DROPTheJo...@gmail.comCAPITALLETTERS> wrote in

Too funny...a wanna be tough guy. I hope that is not really a picture of
you.

Your only salvation is you don't have a clue about of what you speak.

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 6:25:36 a.m.9/11/2008
para
Ari <DROPTheJo...@gmail.comCAPITALLETTERS> wrote in

> stay the fuck out of anything that has to do with security,

> waaaaay the fuck away from anything that has to do with the security of
> folks who might meander in here looking for encryption or any other
kind
> of security software.

Well, the best and easiest one I've used for my portable media is
Crypturn. Would you like an encrypted file from it so you can crack it
and show us all how bad it is :)

http://www.siturn.com/

Crypturn 1.0.1.36

* New command line functionality.
* 448 bit Blowfish Encryption
* Crypturn is now even easier to use.
* Portable and allows for multiple file encryption/decryption.
* Quickly encrypts any file type

Crypturn now runs from the command line this means that you can
incoparate Crypturn with your other apps and batch scripts. We have made
crypturn even more secure by changing the encryption from 64bit to 448
bit Blowfish encryption. Crypturn is even easier to use, portable and
allows for multiple file encryption/decryption. Crypturn is a powerful
and safe tool that allows you to protect private documents on your hard
disk, Flash device and before sending via email.

John Stubbings

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 8:44:32 a.m.9/11/2008
para
"Bear Bottoms" <bearbo...@gmai.com> wrote in message

Hmmm. interesting BB. Not bad for once, bit out of date though, don't you
think they should have chosen RSA instead of Blowfish for simple password
encryption, because of it's well known vulnerability to brute force attack.

hummingbird

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 9:39:25 a.m.9/11/2008
para

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 22:49:53 -0500 'Ari'
wrote this on alt.comp.freeware:

>On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:20:32 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:
>
>>> John, please holdddddd back Tiger, no smashee mouthee, OK?
>>>
>>> I made communication with LastPass, a fine program although many might
>>> disagree. Looking through their website, I caught Bear Bottoms name in
>>> the Comments.
>>>
>>> I forwarded to LastPass several Google Groups threads where the
>> contempt
>>> for Bear Bottoms, his consistent fraud placed on ACF and his criminal
>>> background were highlighted.
>>>
>>> I received a return email thanking me for my efforts, how happy they
>>> were to know of their mistake and how quickly (within minutes) they
>>> would remedy the sordid affair.
>>
>> Ari...you are well known...tread carefully here.
>
>Bottoms, go fuck yourself, unlike you, I have many sanctuaries, several
>friends and nothing to fear. You have nothing left but the end of your
>times.
>
>I'm going to be straightforward with you Bottoms. Stay indiscreet, post
>as you wish, stay the fuck out of anything that has to do with security,
>waaaaay the fuck away from anything that has to do with the security of
>folks who might meander in here looking for encryption or any other kind
>of security software.

ROTFL.
Coming from a forging/sockpuppeting jerk who doesn't even
understand the first principle of security: *horses for courses*,
that is very very funny Ari. No really. Now, why don't you take
a shower with your butt buddy Franklin and have a lie down and
forget about things you know little about. lol.

>And you can take your semi-veiled threats and your goombah buddies and
>stuff them entirely up your hick-ass butt.
>
>Clear enough?
>
>Feel my tread on your fat neck?

--

Duddits

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 10:48:04 a.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 13:44:32 -0000, "John Stubbings"
<anna.riceD...@virgin.net> wrote:

>Hmmm. interesting BB. Not bad for once, bit out of date though, don't you
>think they should have chosen RSA instead of Blowfish for simple password
>encryption, because of it's well known vulnerability to brute force attack.

IINM it isn't Blowfish that is vunerable but the hash(s) used to create the
password.

regards

Dud
--

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a

Ari

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 11:44:49 a.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:20:32 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

>> I made communication with LastPass, a fine program although many might
>> disagree. Looking through their website, I caught Bear Bottoms name in
>> the Comments.
>>
>> I forwarded to LastPass several Google Groups threads where the
> contempt
>> for Bear Bottoms, his consistent fraud placed on ACF and his criminal
>> background were highlighted.
>>
>> I received a return email thanking me for my efforts, how happy they
>> were to know of their mistake and how quickly (within minutes) they
>> would remedy the sordid affair.
>
> Ari...you are well known...tread carefully here.

Most certainly am, I have been posting in the clear since 1998 under my
real name, calling to task illicits like you and so many more than I
can't either count or recall. Well known? That's the entire idea, isn't
it Bottoms? Yet we have two different agendas.

I expose scum and in doing so demonstrate a consistency in my life that
spells very well for me as a "well known". OTOH, the scum I expose like
you, as I did to LastPass, means "well known" as in water moccasin or
plague carrying rats.

RichL

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 12:26:33 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 14:39:25 +0000, hummingbird wrote:

> Coming from a forging/sockpuppeting jerk who doesn't even
> understand the first principle of security: *horses for courses*,
> that is very very funny Ari. No really. Now, why don't you take
> a shower with your butt buddy Franklin and have a lie down and
> forget about things you know little about. lol.

Please inform us, HummingHomo, about your personal experiences with the
intelligence world. And I don't mean the gayboi underground.

"+"

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 12:33:32 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 10:48:04 -0500, Duddits wrote:

> Bear Bottoms wrote:
> BTW, a question was asked about Crypturn and where it encrypts the file
> and stores the password. It encrypts the file in memory, and stores the
> password in the encrypted file.

You truly are a double dip of imbecile on a waffle cone.

If that's true then Crypturn is *HORRIBLY* broken. Not a single
encryption product known to man stores decryption pass phrases in the
files it creates. That would be just plain idiotic. The pass phrase
would have to be decrypted to compare it to the one that was entered,
BEFORE using the password to decrypt.

*laugh*

Even if a closed source piece of crap did do things that way, the
authors wouldn't be stupid enough to tell YOU about it. So now that we
know you're not incapable of amusing us by simply fabricating whatever
wild ass bullshit you care to come up with whilst desperately trying
to prop up your idiocy, we can sit back, relax, and reassign you to
the position of group football. :)

Poogie

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 12:35:03 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:25:36 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Crypturn 1.0.1.36

> BTW, a question was asked about Crypturn and where it encrypts the file
> and stores the password. It encrypts the file in memory, and stores the
> password in the encrypted file.

ROTFLMAO!

Every god damned operation a computer does is done in memory
you moron, it's what happens after that's important.

And nobody stores passwords in the files they protect. That's
just too stupid for words.

Care to try some other line of bullshit?
--
Bear Bottoms aka William "Bear" Bottoms (Google for more info) infamous
for his posting of *any* freeware regardless of its lack of development

Bottoms claims to be a "freeware scientist", "a beta tester" and
a "security expert". He is none of these. He *is* a full blown,
dirt-dumb imbecile though.

William "Bear" Bottoms is devoid of integrity and is untrustworthy even
with his closest and most trusted friends.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4y6qqz

His attempted dominance of Alt.Comp.Freeware (ACF) is his only,
self-absorbed priority.

!!*BEWARE OF BEARWARE*!!

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 12:36:27 p.m.9/11/2008
para
Ari <DROPTheJo...@gmail.comCAPITALLETTERS> wrote in

When you make false statements in public of which you have no facts you
are liable to a slander suit. Tread carefully.

Payton Byrd

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 12:37:19 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:25:36 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Crypturn 1.0.1.36

> What I tried was to encrypt the file using Crypturn on my desktop of one
> computer. I put the file on a USB stick and took it to another computer
> and used a different Crypturn program from the stick to decrypt it. It
> accepted the password...so where did it store it or how did it recognize
> the password?

/me shakes head in utter disbelief...

What you've done here, sir, is to so thoroughly define your lack of any
knowledge regarding even the most *basic* principals of applied
encryption, that you've impugned your own reputation far more expertly
than anyone else could when it comes to being a reliable source of
information regarding the same. Your "grasp" of what's wheat and what's
chafe, if you can even call it that, is so laughably inadequate that
your opinion is summarily discardable.

If you weren't such an arrogant twaddle I'd waste my time trying to
explain it to you. If you sincerely apologize for wasting everybody's
time, I still may. However as it stands now I'll just repeat the facts
and leave you to wonder about it unless someone else takes pity on your
poor soul.

No, I repeat *no* useful encryption product is going to store a password
along side the encrypted data. To do so would be one of the most
heinous crimes ever committed against the encryption Gods, and they
would almost certainly reach down from their pedistals and beat you
about the head and neck area in a decidedly random but continual
pattern.
--
They say your heroes reflect the quantity and fullness of your life. I
have three, hummingbird, Bear Botttoms

Marek

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 12:41:18 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:25:36 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Crypturn 1.0.1.36

> LOL If Crypturn is so bad..
> Have a go: http://bearware.info/HackThis.exe

Are you some sort of new and improved type of muttonhead or something?

HackThis.exe: *Trojan.Dropper-6392* *FOUND*

You are aware that maliciously distributing malware is actually a crime
in many jurisdictions, right? And that while your rather odd psyche may
see this as a harmless prank, others may not.

full headers

Interesting side note; this particular bit of malware has close ties to
a file called boytoy16 and certain shady *porn* sites in the Netherlands
which no longer exist, as far as my brief research tells me. That you'd
select it specifically for such a bold demonstration of puerility is a
real eyebrow raiser. A sterling reference for a site that uses words
like "top" and "best" in its meta tags, I'd have to say. :-(
http://preview.tinyurl.com/6oqfsn

Ken S. Tucker

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 12:46:29 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:25:36 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Well, the best and easiest one I've used for my portable media is
> Crypturn. Would you like an encrypted file from it so you can crack it
> and show us all how bad it is :)

Why don't you kiss our collective asses you mouthy butt
canker.

You don't know the simplest things about encryption. You
recommend total shitware because of that. Then act like a
cunt when people who do know something take you to the mat
over it.

Honestly, I wouldn't piss on your head if your hair was on
fire after the way you've acted.

Se borró el mensaje

Donavan Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 12:49:13 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:25:36 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Well, the best and easiest one I've used for my portable media is
> Crypturn. Would you like an encrypted file from it so you can crack it
> and show us all how bad it is :)
>
> http://www.siturn.com/
>
> Crypturn 1.0.1.36

Mindless babbling.

The facts remain as they are in spite of it.

1. You have a choice. Truecrypt, a well tested "storage" solution, or a
complete unknown, CryptShit.

2. The tested solution is cheaper. The untested solution has HUGE
limitations at the same price, and is outrageously expensive
thereafter. The tested solution is absolutely, 100% free, for the
entire feature set.

3. The tested solution is more powerful, and feature rich. The untested
solution is no easier to use, as the tested solution integrates
seamlessly into your day to day simply because it *is* so well tested
and widely accepted.

4. The tested solution is easier to learn, mold to your needs, and
maintain. For the very same reasons enumerated in #3.

5. The tested solution is a standard, so everyone you care to
authorize can access your storage easily, and securely. The Untested
solution requires the insecure or cumbersome transfer of a "secret"
that's easily compromised and immutable once the data is stored.

6. The tested solution is "overkill" against any adversary, just as the
untested solution should be, and claims to be. Since there's no way to
practically implement a perfect solution (the OTP), this "overkill"
quality is the very delimiter between good and bad products of this
type.

7. The tested solution is known to perform its function essentially
flawlessly, under all sorts of conditions, to solve all sorts of
problems. You can't even be absolutely sure the untested solution does
its job at all.

RC_Moonpie

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:01:00 p.m.9/11/2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:09:10 -0500, Bear Bottoms wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:44:41 -0500, Franklin <never...@rd.sound.of.it>
> wrote:

>> http://www.ephesus.com/Encryption/Encryption.html

> This in no way explain where the password/private key is stored other than
> within the encrypted file itself.

Here is BB playing his favorite game "Ari Kicks My Ass"

http://preview.xrl.in/115v

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:02:03 p.m.9/11/2008
para
Payton Byrd <anotherfineme...@gmail.com> wrote in

It is exactly what it does. That it uses a password as a key is the same
thing or whatever technique to recognize the password...it is the same
thing. It has to recognize/use the password to decrypt the file. To do
so, it has to store information to recognize the password. Can you view
the password in raw data...no duh! You are simply playing an idiots game.

But I like fucking with you trolls.

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:03:18 p.m.9/11/2008
para
Marek <Ma...@aol.com> wrote in news:gf77bu$es9$1...@aioe.org:

> On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:25:36 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:
>
>> Crypturn 1.0.1.36
>
> > LOL If Crypturn is so bad..
>> Have a go: http://bearware.info/HackThis.exe
>
> Are you some sort of new and improved type of muttonhead or something?
>
> HackThis.exe: *Trojan.Dropper-6392* *FOUND*

LOL...you're stoopid. That file contains no malware and is simply a text
file.

§ñühw¤£f

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:03:41 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:25:36 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Crypturn 1.0.1.36

> It seems to me, the password couldn't be stored anywhere but within
> the file in some manner, as my test included isolating the file away
> from any /known/ source...original program or computer, and ran a
> fresh copy of the program on a different computer and carried the
> encrypted file to it. I supplied the password and it decrypted the
> file. So I'm thinking that the program creates a file or launguage
> within the encrypted file and the password provides the information
> needed for the key. At this point, I'm virtually certain this is what
> happens.

LOL!

You're a virtual knuckle dragging buffoon is what you
are.

Why don't you get on your knees and beg us properly, or
get off your fat lazy ass and look it up instead of
relying on your idiotic ASS-umptions?

> It seems to me that you do not know how this works, or you would provide a
> simple explanation rather than play obnoxious word games. I've yet to see
> anyone explain this satisfactorily.

I've yet to see YOU crack the encrypted data that YOU posted here you
craven coward.

ROTFL!

<rest flushed unread>
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:04:03 p.m.9/11/2008
para
"Ken S. Tucker" <dyna...@vianet.on.ca> wrote in news:491721fb$1@news.x-
privat.org:

Did you ever meet Jack Shit? If not, there is a video about him...look it
up.

Sigi Kluger

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:06:53 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:25:36 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Crypturn 1.0.1.36

> It seems to me, the password couldn't be
> stored anywhere but within the file in some manner,

The password should be stored nowhere. Proper encryption doesn't need
it stored. Encryption is a mathematical process, the password is a key
part of the computation, one that when missing means the computation
cannot be made (hence cannot be decrypted).

In very very simple terms (and not to be confused with actual encryption
factoring, just using this to explain in very simple terms) think x*y=z,
x is known (the encrypted data), but obviously z is not known (the
decrypted data), y is the password, when entered into the equation you
can factor z (ie. the decrypted data). Nowhere did y have to be matched
to any stored var to calculate z, it just had to be entered into the
formula.

You have well illustrated your lack of knowledge about encryption here
in this thread. FWIW: I reiterate what others have said in this
thread, no closed source encryption product can ever be trusted. Anyone
recommending one to people serious about encryption is basically flying
a bright flag that says "I know nothing about what I speak".

I know, now many will be angry at me because they wanted you to flaunt
your lack of knowledge even more. It's a huge joke to them watching you
recommend encryption products then clearly illustrate that you haven't a
clue what you are talking about. I felt sorry for you and so posted.
--
Hey, you *DROP DEAD!*
I did.

Little Luke

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:09:16 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:25:36 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Crypturn 1.0.1.36

> I am not interested in your/their game.

Of course you aren't. You lost so miserably I'd suspect you're so
scared you'll do anything not to play. Oh, sure, when you *thought* you
were winning with your juvenile challenges you wanted to play, didn't
you child? But now, when they've been stomped into the dirt along with
your little dick you're all "But Mommy, I don't WANT TO PLAY nay more
whaaaaaaaa!">

Doesn't matter. The only good thing that could have ever come from all
this the readership of ACF being warned off regarding your gross
incompetence and glaring negligence. Nobody every expected a
narcissistic pseudo-boffin like you to be receptive to an education.

> see such behavior as obnoxious, trollish and it is a shame they take such
> an approach. I've never claimed to be an encryption expert as I doubt they
> are or they would be writing encryption products and making a fortune. I

ROTFLMAO!

Oh how little you know bout things.

By all means, do wow us with your impressive list of encryption
software designers who are on whatever mythical 'A' list you think they
are on.

No, coward, you're flinging around empty rhetoric because, as I
elucidated above, you're a deflated loser with an overpowering ego.
Just like your twin brother Hummer, you're pretending to walk away
whilst sputtering invectives over your shoulder because you believe
it's safer to sputter them with your back turned.

It's not.

> don't intend to become an encryption expert and my interest is in finding
> good freeware products for particular categories. People who run hospitals
> aren't brain surgeons either, and brain surgeons can't run
> hospitals...think about it. I'm not going to stop looking for programs in
> various categories because I am not an expert in that category.

> The funny part is, they can not decrypt the test file I offered from

Nor could you decrypt the text that was posted here.

Proof positive that your "test" is bogus and completely meaningless.

> Flexcrypt Folder. It offers enough security for what I want to use it
> for...and there is no data loss. I wouldn't recommend it to Exxon however.

If you had the IQ of a summer squash you wouldn't recommend it to
anyone. Because you really don't know what it does in the first place,
let alone whether it does it well.

Like every other rube, you saw a subjectively pretty interface, and
fell in love with it. You're what snake oil peddlers call a "useful
idiot".

> As for recomendations, I've clearly stated that many times, I post about
> freeware I find to see what others may have to say about it. It is not

You post to make yourself feel significant.

> always a recommendation. When I decide to recommend a program, I will
> clearly state such. I will now recommend Flexcrypt and Crypturn...as a

Which only serves to make you look more immature and foolish. Your real
reason for recommending them is vendetta. YOu couldn't care less about
what they are and how well they do their jobs, you'll recommend them
because you were beat up so badly over them.

> result of my exploration of those two programs,

Your "exploration" lead you to one of the most laughable conclusions
regarding encryption software, that I've ever had the pleasure to read
and sneer at.

LOL!

> the inability of supposed
> expert drive-byers here to expose the contents (I've already recommended
> it to them because of such) and the ease of use for the intended
> purpose...which is keeping the contents of lost USB stick relatively safe
> from people who find them. Not hiding your darkest or most important
> secrets. Those are best left away from computers.

Yeah, your "pinto beans" theory. More meaningless fluff that was
thoroughly demolished by common sense and facts. :)
--
http://preview.tinyurl.com/6glxm9

John Stubbings

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:10:59 p.m.9/11/2008
para

"Bear Bottoms" <bearbo...@gmai.com> wrote in message

Very good, but you still haven't given me an answer to a more sensible
question.

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:15:51 p.m.9/11/2008
para
Sigi Kluger <Maggy....@munich.netsurf.de> wrote in

> The password should be stored nowhere. Proper encryption doesn't need
> it stored. Encryption is a mathematical process, the password is a key
> part of the computation, one that when missing means the computation
> cannot be made (hence cannot be decrypted).

As a key...such then it is stored. Without it you can't decrypt the file.
Play semantics all you want.

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:18:02 p.m.9/11/2008
para
"John Stubbings" <anna.riceD...@virgin.net> wrote in news:gf793l$qa3
$1...@registered.motzarella.org:

> Very good, but you still haven't given me an answer to a more sensible
> question.

I've yet to see one. Try again!

John Stubbings

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:26:02 p.m.9/11/2008

> "John Stubbings" <anna.riceD...@virgin.net> wrote in
> $1...@registered.motzarella.org:
>
>> Very good, but you still haven't given me an answer to a more sensible
>> question.
>>

> I've yet to see one. Try again!

Hmmm. interesting BB. Not bad for once, bit out of date though, don't you
think they should have chosen RSA instead of Blowfish for simple password
encryption, because of it's well known vulnerability to brute force attack.

You see I don't get it, they upped the encryption from 64 bit to 448 bit but
kept the same algorithm.

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:36:49 p.m.9/11/2008
para
"John Stubbings" <anna.riceD...@virgin.net> wrote in

Tell ya what...I'll send you an encrypted file...you decrypt it and tell
me what is in it.

Blowfish is fine.

John Stubbings

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:42:51 p.m.9/11/2008
para

"Bear Bottoms" <bearbo...@gmai.com> wrote in message

You haven't a clue what I'm talking about..

Any 'Security expert' would have spotted the deliberate mistake in what I
said. It's so simple BB, but I'm not giving you an education...

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:52:18 p.m.9/11/2008
para
"John Stubbings" <anna.riceD...@virgin.net> wrote in

You are playing a fishing game and you get nowhere with me. What I care
about is whether you can decrypt my encrypted file. Where do you want me
to send it?

C'mon dude...your the mouth...put your money there. Where do you want me
to send the file?

Donavan Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 1:57:52 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 17:36:27 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

>> Most certainly am, I have been posting in the clear since 1998 under my
>> real name, calling to task illicits like you and so many more than I
>> can't either count or recall. Well known? That's the entire idea, isn't
>> it Bottoms? Yet we have two different agendas.
>>
>> I expose scum and in doing so demonstrate a consistency in my life that
>> spells very well for me as a "well known". OTOH, the scum I expose like
>> you, as I did to LastPass, means "well known" as in water moccasin or
>> plague carrying rats.
>
> When you make false statements in public of which you have no facts you
> are liable to a slander suit. Tread carefully.

WHICH PART OF "FUCK YOU AND BRING IT ON" DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND, WILIAM?

Payton Byrd

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 2:07:31 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:02:03 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> It is exactly what it does. That it uses a password as a key is the same
> thing or whatever technique to recognize the password...it is the same
> thing. It has to recognize/use the password to decrypt the file. To do
> so, it has to store information to recognize the password. Can you view
> the password in raw data...no duh! You are simply playing an idiots game.
>
> But I like fucking with you trolls.

In what sort of drug induced stupor did you concoct THIS bit
of nonsense?

There's no modern encryption software that does anything of
the sort, and none ever existed as far as I know.

Donavan Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 2:08:42 p.m.9/11/2008
para

LOL

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM right over his twattle head this will go.

John Stubbings

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 2:12:08 p.m.9/11/2008
para

"Bear Bottoms" <bearbo...@gmai.com> wrote in message

BB, you have presented yourself as a 'Security expert' along with 'CSS
expert', 'AV expert', and f knows what else expert.

I however have never said I could decrypt this file. Neither do I care to
try, not my specialty.

The point of giving you another slapping is simple. You don't have the
pedigree to comment with any authority whatsoever on security products.
Period.

and that is the point, people should look to authoritative sources when
choosing these products, not take advice from a has-never been.

"+"

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 2:12:32 p.m.9/11/2008
para

> up.I know what I am talking about. I'm not fooling around.

Of course you aren't. You lost so miserably I'd suspect you're so
scared you'll do anything not to play. Oh, sure, when you *thought* you
were winning with your juvenile challenges you wanted to play, didn't
you child? But now, when they've been stomped into the dirt along with
your little dick you're all "But Mommy, I don't WANT TO PLAY nay more
whaaaaaaaa!">

Doesn't matter. The only good thing that could have ever come from all
this the readership of ACF being warned off regarding your gross
incompetence and glaring negligence. Nobody every expected a
narcissistic pseudo-boffin like you to be receptive to an education.

> see such behavior as obnoxious, trollish and it is a shame they take such

Sigi Kluger

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 2:19:05 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:15:51 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Sigi Kluger <Maggy....@munich.netsurf.de> wrote in
>
>> The password should be stored nowhere. Proper encryption doesn't need
>> it stored. Encryption is a mathematical process, the password is a key
>> part of the computation, one that when missing means the computation
>> cannot be made (hence cannot be decrypted).
>>

> As a key...such then it is stored. Without it you can't decrypt the file.
> Play semantics all you want.

Useful encryption products don't store passwords, fixed comparison text,
or anything like them in the encrypted files they create. Even the ones
which appear "self decrypting". There's a trivially simple, ultimately
reliable, and highly secure way to avoid it. And every single *useful*
encryption product in the universe uses it in one form or another to
validate passwords. You knew that. *NOT*

That you are apparently 100% USDA Certified clue-free regarding this
most basic and essential principal of modern cryptographic software
belies just how much value we can give any recommendations or
endorsement you may offer. Precisely zero in my case, but only because
I don't assign negative credibility points.
--
Bear "Cocaine 4 Kids" Bottoms; Google Me!
Freeware Website http://bewareofbearware.info

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 2:33:47 p.m.9/11/2008
para
"John Stubbings" <anna.riceD...@virgin.net> wrote in

I have not...you now resort to lies? I know at least as much about
software as you do most likely. I have a nice freeware website for which
I like to find programs that stand out in all categories. I spend quite a
lot of enjoyable time searching for new gems and existing gems. I post
about some of them and list some of them on my site. The rest is pure
unmitigated bullshit dreamed up by you and some other trolls here.

> I however have never said I could decrypt this file. Neither do I care
> to try, not my specialty.

That is the point my man. You and others go off on your little tangents
all you want. I'm not hiding anything from any government agencies. I
just want to keep folks like you from accessing my data if I lose a
stick. Crypturn is extremely adequate for this...no one in this group can
decrypt such a file I would provide them. I'd say they would be much more
likely to be able to do so from someone who stumbled across a lost stick
of mine.

> The point of giving you another slapping is simple. You don't have the
> pedigree to comment with any authority whatsoever on security
> products. Period.

This is where you and others go off the deep end. Crypturn is a nice
adequate easy to use encryption portable program one can use on their USB
sticks. If you need fort knox security you best go to the experts. If
not, well you can't program an encryption program either. This is such a
trollish argument.

No one in this group is an authority on any of the software mentioned
here. That certainly doesn't stop ones ability to recognize good programs
when they see them...some do better than others...some spend more time
searching and find and present more...some don't do any. What have you
found and presented lately?

> and that is the point, people should look to authoritative sources
> when choosing these products, not take advice from a has-never been.

Why are you in this group then?

John Stubbings

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 2:56:33 p.m.9/11/2008
para

"Bear Bottoms" <bearbo...@gmai.com> wrote in message

No you don't.

> I have a nice freeware website

It's ugly.

> for which
> I like to find programs that stand out in all categories. I spend quite a
> lot of enjoyable time searching for new gems and existing gems. I post
> about some of them and list some of them on my site. The rest is pure
> unmitigated bullshit dreamed up by you and some other trolls here.

Pretty much everyone knows you for what you are now.

>> I however have never said I could decrypt this file. Neither do I care
>> to try, not my specialty.
>
> That is the point my man.

No chance of that.

> You and others go off on your little tangents
> all you want. I'm not hiding anything from any government agencies. I
> just want to keep folks like you from accessing my data if I lose a
> stick. Crypturn is extremely adequate for this...no one in this group can
> decrypt such a file I would provide them. I'd say they would be much more
> likely to be able to do so from someone who stumbled across a lost stick
> of mine.

You completely miss the points raised again...

>> The point of giving you another slapping is simple. You don't have the
>> pedigree to comment with any authority whatsoever on security
>> products. Period.
>
> This is where you and others go off the deep end. Crypturn is a nice
> adequate easy to use encryption portable program one can use on their USB
> sticks. If you need fort knox security you best go to the experts. If
> not, well you can't program an encryption program either. This is such a
> trollish argument.

Truecrypt, Keepass have nice icons...

> No one in this group is an authority on any of the software mentioned
> here.

How would you know? You don't have the skills set to determine that.

> That certainly doesn't stop ones ability to recognize good programs
> when they see them...some do better than others...some spend more time
> searching and find and present more...some don't do any. What have you
> found and presented lately?

You don't need me to teach you how to use Google do you?

>> and that is the point, people should look to authoritative sources
>> when choosing these products, not take advice from a has-never been.
>>
> Why are you in this group then?

Recommendations... some of which can be little gems..

Mark Warner

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 3:02:34 p.m.9/11/2008
para
Sigi Kluger wrote:

> That you are apparently 100% USDA Certified clue-free regarding this
> most basic and essential principal of modern cryptographic software
> belies just how much value we can give any recommendations or
> endorsement you may offer. Precisely zero in my case, but only because
> I don't assign negative credibility points.

He likes to pontificate on Linux as well, with the same level of knowledge.

--
Mark Warner
SimplyMEPIS Linux v6.5

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 3:26:16 p.m.9/11/2008
para
"John Stubbings" <anna.riceD...@virgin.net> wrote in news:gf7f9l$mf8
$1...@registered.motzarella.org:

> How would you know? You don't have the skills set to determine that.

You don't have a clue. You sure trolled this one up...bang up job. Guess
you couldn't stand the heat. I though you might engage in some honest
discourse but no...you have to troll. Back on ignore you go.

John Stubbings

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 3:29:16 p.m.9/11/2008

> "John Stubbings" <anna.riceD...@virgin.net> wrote in
> $1...@registered.motzarella.org:
>
>> How would you know? You don't have the skills set to determine that.
>>

> You don't have a clue. You sure trolled this one up...bang up job. Guess
> you couldn't stand the heat. I though you might engage in some honest
> discourse but no...you have to troll. Back on ignore you go.

Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse
But I know I'll see your face again

Yeah, I know I'll see your face again
Yeah, I know I'll see your face again
Yeah, I know I'll see your face again
Yeah, I know I'll see your face again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4XCGeckA-E

»Q«

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 4:12:21 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:15:51 +0000 (UTC)
Bear Bottoms <bearbo...@gmai.com> wrote:

> Sigi Kluger <Maggy....@munich.netsurf.de> wrote in
>
> > The password should be stored nowhere. Proper encryption doesn't
> > need it stored. Encryption is a mathematical process, the password
> > is a key part of the computation, one that when missing means the
> > computation cannot be made (hence cannot be decrypted).
>
> As a key...such then it is stored.

No, the key is not stored. Sigi gave an explanation of why it need not
be stored which was suitable for five-year-olds, but you've just snipped
the explanation and replied that the key is stored anyway.

It's difficult to tell whether you believe what you're typing, but
whether or not your confusion is intentional, no one should pay any
attention to what you have to say about security.

> Without it you can't decrypt the file.

I'm glad you understood that part of it.

> Play semantics all you want.

This isn't an issue of semantics but rather a fundamental principle of
encryption. To have any hope of secure encryption, no information about
the key must be stored with the encrypted data; this is so basic that
introductory texts just gloss over it as a given.

Hasn't this entire thread already happened at least once?

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 4:22:46 p.m.9/11/2008
para
=?UTF-8?B?wrtRwqs=?= <box...@gmx.net> wrote in

It is semantics and you know it. Without the password, you cannot decrypt
the file. The program has to 'know' the password for it to do so. Does it
do so by raw data or is the password contained as raw data...of course
not.

Franklin

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 3:39:23 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun 09 Nov08 18:02, Bear Bottoms <bearbo...@gmai.com> wrote in

> It is exactly what it does. That it uses a password as a key is the
> same thing or whatever technique to recognize the password...it is
> the same thing. It has to recognize/use the password to decrypt the
> file. To do so, it has to store information to recognize the
> password. Can you view the password in raw data...no duh! You are
> simply playing an idiots game.
>
> But I like fucking with you trolls.

Now I know you are trolling, Mr Bottoms. This thread is a re-play of a
much earlier one in which you finally managed to understand why a
password is never included with the encrypted file. It got hammered
into you.

For you now to claim the opposite to what you learnt means you are
playing a game.

It will be interesting to just see how well you play this "I am dumb"
game.

From your performance as a dumbo, one can extrapolate the duplicity
you false duplicity to other occassions when you sounded more dumb
than anyone could believe was possible. Perhaps it wasn't possible.
Perhaps you were not so dumb after all. Perhaps it was another troll
from you.

Franklin

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 3:41:41 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun 09 Nov08 19:07, Payton Byrd

> On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:02:03 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:
>
>> It is exactly what it does. That it uses a password as a key is the
>> same thing or whatever technique to recognize the password...it is
>> the same thing. It has to recognize/use the password to decrypt the
>> file. To do so, it has to store information to recognize the
>> password. Can you view the password in raw data...no duh! You are
>> simply playing an idiots game.
>>
>> But I like fucking with you trolls.
>
> In what sort of drug induced stupor did you concoct THIS bit
> of nonsense?
>
> There's no modern encryption software that does anything of
> the sort, and none ever existed as far as I know.

Ignore it. It's a troll.

Franklin

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 3:57:54 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun 09 Nov08 06:49, Franklin <"Franklin <never.c"@red.about.it>> wrote
in <news:49168816$1...@news.x-privat.org>:

> On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 01:20:32 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:
>
>> Ari...you are well known...tread carefully here.
>
> Well known? Where? How do you know Ari? Tread "here" is where? On
> Usenet? Louisiana?
>
> Who knows Ari? How do you know they know Ari?

The spoof is too obvious: you badly messed up the FROM header.

Franklin

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 4:21:41 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun 09 Nov08 21:12, =?UTF-8?B?wrtRwqs=?= <box...@gmx.net> wrote in

> On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:15:51 +0000 (UTC)

Yes that was the hardback edition. This is the softback version.
Originally this thread was called:

"Crypturn & Permanent File Delete (Bottoms revenge?))"
http://preview.tinyurl.com/6nnkml

Bottoms claimed back then that he had read this link I gave him on
introducing encryption.

<http://www.ephesus.com/Encryption/Encryption.html>

Ari

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 8:22:06 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 19:33:47 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> No one in this group is an authority on any of the software mentioned
> here.

haha

WTF do you think I do for a living, you st00pid scumbag?
--
Meet Ari!
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3wh3hh

John Corliss

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 8:38:46 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 19:53:46 -0500, Ken S. Tucker wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 13:00:37 -0500, John Corliss wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 12:06:03 -0500, Ken S. Tucker wrote:
>>
>>> *Kicked Bear Bottoms off the "What Others Are Saying About LastPass
>>> Comments"*.
>>
>> Why, Ken, how in the world did that happen?
>
> John, please holdddddd back Tiger, no smashee mouthee, OK?
>
> I made communication with LastPass, a fine program although many might
> disagree. Looking through their website, I caught Bear Bottoms name in
> the Comments.
>
> I forwarded to LastPass several Google Groups threads where the contempt
> for Bear Bottoms, his consistent fraud placed on ACF and his criminal
> background were highlighted.
>
> I received a return email thanking me for my efforts, how happy they
> were to know of their mistake and how quickly (within minutes) they
> would remedy the sordid affair.

With all seriousness, I just want you to know that anybody who does
something like that to me would be in line for retribution with extreme
prejudice and without the slightest hesitation. I don't stop until I get
what I want when I'm motivated to be on the trail of anybody who stalks
me.

You see- I have, in reserve, my own tactics for getting back at people,
and many connections with people who will do things for me (and I for
them.)

Sparky

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 8:39:23 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 20:39:23 GMT, Franklin wrote:

>> But I like fucking with you trolls.
>
> Now I know you are trolling, Mr Bottoms. This thread is a re-play of a
> much earlier one in which you finally managed to understand why a
> password is never included with the encrypted file. It got hammered
> into you.
>
> For you now to claim the opposite to what you learnt means you are
> playing a game.
>
> It will be interesting to just see how well you play this "I am dumb"
> game.
>
> From your performance as a dumbo, one can extrapolate the duplicity
> you false duplicity to other occassions when you sounded more dumb
> than anyone could believe was possible. Perhaps it wasn't possible.
> Perhaps you were not so dumb after all. Perhaps it was another troll
> from you.

There is but one Bottoms but many interested parties.

Naked Gonad

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 8:42:53 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:22:46 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Without the password, you cannot decrypt
> the file. The program has to 'know' the password for it to do so. Does it
> do so by raw data or is the password contained as raw data...of course
> not.

Without oxygen there is no fire. Without air there is no flying. Without
hydrogen, there is no water.

yip nyip yiyap nyop *turn off the focken strobes* yip nyip yiyap nyop

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 9:06:09 p.m.9/11/2008
para
John Corliss <jcor...@fake.invalid> wrote in news:491790b0$1@news.x-
privat.org:

He made that up John. They regularly add the most current references to
their program.

Ari

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 9:28:06 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 02:06:09 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

>>> I forwarded to LastPass several Google Groups threads where the
> contempt
>>> for Bear Bottoms, his consistent fraud placed on ACF and his criminal
>>> background were highlighted.
>>>
>>> I received a return email thanking me for my efforts, how happy they
>>> were to know of their mistake and how quickly (within minutes) they
>>> would remedy the sordid affair.
>>
>> With all seriousness, I just want you to know that anybody who does
>> something like that to me would be in line for retribution with extreme
>> prejudice and without the slightest hesitation. I don't stop until I
> get
>> what I want when I'm motivated to be on the trail of anybody who stalks
>> me.
>>
>> You see- I have, in reserve, my own tactics for getting back at people,
>> and many connections with people who will do things for me (and I for
>> them.)
>
> He made that up John. They regularly add the most current references to
> their program.

Here is my outgoing email to LastPass.

Gentlemen:

I will assure you that once this memorandum is in your hands, you will
understand.

I noticed with great surprise your listing of one "Bear Bottoms" on your
"What Others Are Saying About LastPass..." via a link to Bearware. I
must assume that you are unaware of this cads pitiful reputation on
alt.comp.freeware and past criminal background of the most ill repute.

William Billy "Bear" Bottoms, by his own admission (and that of
dishonored cop Wendell Seal)

http://tinyurl.com/5oxgxx

http://emporium.turnpike.net/P/ProRev/bottoms.htm

was the pilot for Barry Seal, the assassinated cocaine smuggler, arms
dealer and international felon.

http://tinyurl.com/5qb6aj

Billy was married to rightfully dead Barry Seal's sister. Mr. Bottoms in
a rare moment of intelligence, decided to be late to pick up Mr. Seal
while he was incarcerated allowing a time gap for the "Medellin Cartel"
(ahem) to

http://www.wethepeople.la/seal2.htm
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKsealB2.jpg

We would hope that you would do the right thing for your fine product
and remove any and all association with Bearware and William "Bear"
Bottoms from your public notices.

Regards,

Ari

Ari

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 10:01:00 p.m.9/11/2008
para

And the response:

We have no association with “Bear Bottoms”, we simply linked reviews we
were seeing, not realizing the background here. Thanks for the heads
up, we’ve gone ahead and updated the quotes removing him permanently.

Joe

Sparky

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 10:22:42 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:37:19 -0500, Payton Byrd wrote:

> No, I repeat *no* useful encryption product is going to store a password
> along side the encrypted data. To do so would be one of the most
> heinous crimes ever committed against the encryption Gods, and they
> would almost certainly reach down from their pedistals and beat you
> about the head and neck area in a decidedly random but continual
> pattern.

> IdiotBear, as shitty as Crypturn is, it's more than 4 pi-squared
> shitty when you look at the problems real crypt software like Truecrypt
> has under Windoz.

Windows (and many Windows applications) "leak" information in many
places
(swap file, registry, mft, temp files, index.dat, etc.). So, no matter
how good Truecrypt is (and it's VERY good), or how HORRBLE Crypturn is,
and it is the penultimate of HORRIBLE, you still leave "footprints" of
your activity all over your machine even though Truecrypt keeps your
encrypted files themselves inviolate.

There are two approaches to correcting this:

1) Try to find all the footprints and erase them 2) Encrypt *absolutely
everything* (not just sensitive files) so the footprints aren't
accessible.

Approach 1 is widely used but IMHO is a fool's game - it's very
difficult to be thorough, erasing is slow, and most folks lack the
self-discipline to do it regularly enough (i.e., after each session!).

Approach 2 requires Whole Disk Encryption (which Truecrypt supports).
*Everything* (not just sensitive files) is totally encrypted. However,
it's not a good option for morons or the careless - besides remembering
your password(s) you must be CERTAIN to do regular (encrypted!) backups
(a disk crash may take everything with it and, since it was all
encrypted, recovery would be somewhere between exceedingly difficult
and impossible).

Regards,

PS There are a also a number of other "tricky" options for geeky
folks, especially on a shared computer. One is to run a separate
encrypted (by Truecrypt) "virtual machine" under something like VMware.
(The whole VMDK file could be in a Truecrypt container file, for
instance.) Back up (regularly!) the Truecrypt-encrypted
VMDK-containing container file to a CD (or usb stick or Rapidshare or
...). Note: This method is secure (no leakage) but it is *NOT a secret
that you are using it.*

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 10:33:28 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 13:01:00 -0500, RC_Moonpie wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:25:36 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:
>
>> Crypturn 1.0.1.36
>
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:09:10 -0500, Bear Bottoms wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:44:41 -0500, Franklin <never...@rd.sound.of.it>
>> wrote:
>
>>> http://www.ephesus.com/Encryption/Encryption.html
>
>> This in no way explain where the password/private key is stored other than
>> within the encrypted file itself.
>
> Here is BB playing his favorite game "Ari Kicks My Ass"
>
> http://preview.xrl.in/115v

LOL. Ever, wait until Ari hears from my lawyers. Slander by Usenet.
--
Bear Bottoms
website: http://bearware.com

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 10:34:54 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 15:02:34 -0500, Mark Warner wrote:

> Sigi Kluger wrote:
>>
>> That you are apparently 100% USDA Certified clue-free regarding this
>> most basic and essential principal of modern cryptographic software
>> belies just how much value we can give any recommendations or
>> endorsement you may offer. Precisely zero in my case, but only because
>> I don't assign negative credibility points.
>
> He likes to pontificate on Linux as well, with the same level of knowledge.

You're a denigrator, with no character. You denigrate and you know it.
No contributions to the group. A troll.

Mark Warner

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 10:45:05 p.m.9/11/2008
para
Bear Bottoms wrote:
> Mark Warner wrote:
>> Sigi Kluger wrote:
>>> That you are apparently 100% USDA Certified clue-free regarding this
>>> most basic and essential principal of modern cryptographic software
>>> belies just how much value we can give any recommendations or
>>> endorsement you may offer. Precisely zero in my case, but only because
>>> I don't assign negative credibility points.
>> He likes to pontificate on Linux as well, with the same level of knowledge.
>
> You're a denigrator, with no character. You denigrate and you know it.
> No contributions to the group. A troll.

So how's that Linux research of yours coming along? Get that Dell
connected? I hear Ibex will connect with damn near anything.

Ari

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 10:47:26 p.m.9/11/2008
para

Will(iam) that be soon, Buttocks, I'm going on extended holiday soon.

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
9 nov 2008, 10:49:16 p.m.9/11/2008
para
On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 22:45:05 -0500, Mark Warner wrote:

> Bear Bottoms wrote:
>> Mark Warner wrote:
>>> He likes to pontificate on Linux as well, with the same level of knowledge.
>>
>> You're a denigrator, with no character. You denigrate and you know it.
>> No contributions to the group. A troll.
>
> So how's that Linux research of yours coming along? Get that Dell
> connected? I hear Ibex will connect with damn near anything.

I have Linux on my website. People are informed by it. No one is
informed by you.

I like playing with trolls like you though.

hummingbird

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 7:01:12 a.m.10/11/2008
para

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 22:22:42 -0500 'Sparky'
wrote this on alt.comp.freeware:

-snip-

>Approach 2 requires Whole Disk Encryption (which Truecrypt supports).
>*Everything* (not just sensitive files) is totally encrypted. However,
>it's not a good option for morons or the careless - besides remembering
>your password(s) you must be CERTAIN to do regular (encrypted!) backups
>(a disk crash may take everything with it and, since it was all
>encrypted, recovery would be somewhere between exceedingly difficult
>and impossible).

I had that problem a few years ago using ScramDisk on Win98SE.

It wasn't a HDD crash that f*cked me but a mobo meltdown,
requiring replacement and re-instal of the op/sys. I decided to go
with XP on the new system, only to discover afterwards that S/D
didn't run on XP. Having it backed up in encrypted form would not
have helped me. Fortunately, I had most of the important data
backed up in the clear.

--
"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed,
and third, it is accepted as self-evident"
(Arthur Schopenhauer)

Mark Warner

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 9:31:50 a.m.10/11/2008
para
Bear Bottoms wrote:
> Mark Warner wrote:
>> Bear Bottoms wrote:
>>> You're a denigrator, with no character. You denigrate and you know it.
>>> No contributions to the group. A troll.
>> So how's that Linux research of yours coming along? Get that Dell
>> connected? I hear Ibex will connect with damn near anything.
>
> I have Linux on my website. People are informed by it. No one is
> informed by you.

Misinformed would be more like it. Tell me about your experience with
AndLinux.

My contributions to a Linux discussion will be based on knowledge and
experience (albeit limited in comparison to others).

> I like playing with trolls like you though.

While you continue you use the term improperly.

--
Mark Warner
...lose .inhibitions when replying

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 10:35:40 a.m.10/11/2008
para

You add nothing to the group. This is a Windows group. Go start a ACLF
group. Then you can talk to yourself. LOL

Mark Warner

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 11:16:33 a.m.10/11/2008
para
Bear Bottoms wrote:

> You add nothing to the group. This is a Windows group.

So declares Bear.

> Go start a ACLF group.

"Linux Freeware" is redundant, you nitwit.

Gordon Darling

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 12:18:20 p.m.10/11/2008
para
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:35:40 -0500, Bear Bottoms wrote:

<snip garbage from BollockBrains>

> You add nothing to the group. This is a Windows group. Go start a ACLF
> group. Then you can talk to yourself. LOL

This is ACF not ACFWin you dumb fuck.

Bugger off. FOAD.

Mark Warner

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 12:29:25 p.m.10/11/2008
para
Bear Bottoms wrote:

> I have Linux on my website. People are informed by it. No one is
> informed by you.

Hey Bear! I just saw where one of your recommended distros -- Sabayon --
has a new release out:

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=05178

I look forward to your impressions of it. Do you prefer KDE or Gnome?

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 1:19:54 p.m.10/11/2008
para
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:29:25 -0500, Mark Warner wrote:

> Bear Bottoms wrote:
>>
>> I have Linux on my website. People are informed by it. No one is
>> informed by you.
>
> Hey Bear! I just saw where one of your recommended distros -- Sabayon --
> has a new release out:
>
> http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=05178
>
> I look forward to your impressions of it. Do you prefer KDE or Gnome?

I prefer to help the group not use semantics. Which you don't while your
denigrating. To be expected as you join the scum that Yrrah brought
here. Your character is being shown for what you are. Scum.

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 1:21:37 p.m.10/11/2008
para

More sum from the scourger. This is a lie, no one named Joe at Lastpass,
I called and now I know.

John Stubbings

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 1:29:21 p.m.10/11/2008
para

"Bear Bottoms" <bears...@gmail.com> wrote in message

BB, this is not 'helping' the group. If you want to do that, you know where
the door is...

John Corliss

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 1:30:44 p.m.10/11/2008
para

Mark, I hope you realize that you're replying to the AIOE spoofer. Check
the headers.

--
John Corliss BS206. I use nFilter to filter all Google Groups posts
because of Googlespam. No ad, cd, commercial, cripple, demo, dotnet,

Ari

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 1:31:25 p.m.10/11/2008
para
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:21:37 -0500, Bear Bottoms wrote:

>> And the response:
>>
>> We have no association with “Bear Bottoms”, we simply linked reviews we
>> were seeing, not realizing the background here. Thanks for the heads
>> up, we’ve gone ahead and updated the quotes removing him permanently.
>>
>> Joe
>
> More sum from the scourger. This is a lie, no one named Joe at Lastpass,
> I called and now I know.

You *called* them? HAHAHAH, you fucking liar, you didn't call them. BTW,
assBear, the name is Joe Siegrist so if this is not true, then why not
*call* them back and have them re-enlist your Bearshit comment?

Why?

"We have no association with “Bear Bottoms”, we simply linked reviews we
were seeing, not realizing the background here. Thanks for the heads
up, we’ve gone ahead and updated the quotes removing him permanently."

Is why!

John Stubbings

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 1:34:15 p.m.10/11/2008
para

"John Stubbings" <anna.riceD...@virgin.net> wrote in message

Shit I've been spoofed, I would apologise BB, but I can't be arsed...

Ari

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 1:36:15 p.m.10/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:17:04 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

>>> Ari...you are well known...tread carefully here.
>>
>> Bottoms, go fuck yourself, unlike you, I have many sanctuaries, several
>> friends and nothing to fear. You have nothing left but the end of your
>> times.
>>
>> I'm going to be straightforward with you Bottoms. Stay indiscreet, post
>> as you wish, stay the fuck out of anything that has to do with
> security,
>> waaaaay the fuck away from anything that has to do with the security of
>> folks who might meander in here looking for encryption or any other
> kind
>> of security software.
>>
>> And you can take your semi-veiled threats and your goombah buddies and
>> stuff them entirely up your hick-ass butt.
>>
>> Clear enough?
>>
>> Feel my tread on your fat neck?
>
> Too funny...a wanna be tough guy. I hope that is not really a picture of
> you.

That's me alright. Not a tough guy but I have been kicking the
ever-loving shit out of you for nearly a year now. As if I were alone,
most of the people who post to you kick you lie the scumbutt you are.

> Your only salvation is you don't have a clue about of what you speak.

My salvation isn't your concern. Yours is and you're fucked, Sweetheart,
enjoy your little Louisiana hell-hole...for all the time you have left.

Mark Warner

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 1:52:51 p.m.10/11/2008
para
John Corliss wrote:

> -AIOE- Bear Bottoms wrote:
>>
>> You add nothing to the group. This is a Windows group. Go start a ACLF
>> group. Then you can talk to yourself. LOL
>
> Mark, I hope you realize that you're replying to the AIOE spoofer. Check
> the headers.

I see that now. The guy's good. Sounds just like the real thing. :O)

John Corliss

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 2:04:43 p.m.10/11/2008
para

John, are you aware that you're replying to somebody who is using AIOE
to spoof BB? Check the headers.

John Stubbings

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 2:10:26 p.m.10/11/2008
para

"John Corliss" <q34w...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> John Stubbings wrote:
>>
>> "Bear Bottoms" <bears...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I prefer to help the group not use semantics. Which you don't while your
>>> denigrating. To be expected as you join the scum that Yrrah brought
>>> here. Your character is being shown for what you are. Scum.
>>

>> BB, this is not 'helping' the group. If you want to do that, you know
>> where the door is...
>
> John, are you aware that you're replying to somebody who is using AIOE to
> spoof BB? Check the headers.

Yep, thanks, to my shame I was using your newsproxy filters as well....

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 2:21:21 p.m.10/11/2008
para
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:52:51 -0500, Mark Warner wrote:

> John Corliss wrote:
>> -AIOE- Bear Bottoms wrote:
>>>
>>> You add nothing to the group. This is a Windows group. Go start a ACLF
>>> group. Then you can talk to yourself. LOL
>>
>> Mark, I hope you realize that you're replying to the AIOE spoofer. Check
>> the headers.
>
> I see that now. The guy's good. Sounds just like the real thing. :O)

Not hard to do. Write in short, choppy phrases. Use "BearWords"
"denigrate", "troll", "no value to group", "scourger", etc. Portray
fifth-grade level intelligence. Repeat phrases. Not hard to do. End with
something using "I" as in "Anyone can be Bear. I can." :)))))
--
Bear "Cocaine 4 Kids" Bottoms; Google Me!
Freeware Website http://bewareofbearware.info

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 2:23:07 p.m.10/11/2008
para

That's ok. Point is made. All hate the little shitcake so much, they
jump "his" bones. Often and hard withut looking. Don't worry. Could
happen to the best of us. I know. :)))))))))))))))

John Corliss

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 2:26:03 p.m.10/11/2008
para

:0)
--
John Corliss BS206. I use nFilter to block all Google Groups posts

AutoMajickal

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 3:32:35 p.m.10/11/2008
para
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:17:04 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms wrote:

> Your only salvation is you don't have a clue about of what you speak.

The floor is yours.

joe.fabulous

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 4:10:27 p.m.10/11/2008
para
> > up, weÿve gone ahead and updated the quotes removing him permanently.

> > Joe
>
> More sum from the scourger. This is a lie, no one named Joe at Lastpass,
> I called and now I know.
> --
> Bear Bottoms
> website:http://bearware.com

Did Joe leave? You called them and found out? What about this...
https://lastpass.com/aboutus.php

Franklin

no leída,
10 nov 2008, 4:24:51 p.m.10/11/2008
para
On Sun 09 Nov08 11:17, Bear Bottoms <bearbo...@gmai.com> wrote
>>> Ari...you are well known...tread carefully here.
>>
>> Bottoms, go fuck yourself, unlike you, I have many sanctuaries,
>> several friends and nothing to fear. You have nothing left but the
>> end of your times.
>>
>> I'm going to be straightforward with you Bottoms. Stay indiscreet,
>> post as you wish, stay the fuck out of anything that has to do with
>> security, waaaaay the fuck away from anything that has to do with
>> the security of folks who might meander in here looking for
>> encryption or any other kind of security software.
>>
>> And you can take your semi-veiled threats and your goombah buddies
>> and stuff them entirely up your hick-ass butt.
>>
>> Clear enough?
>>
>> Feel my tread on your fat neck?
>
> Too funny...a wanna be tough guy. I hope that is not really a
> picture of you.
>
> Your only salvation is you don't have a clue about of what you
> speak.

Laydees 'n' Gen'lmen! Place your bets ...

Ari Silverstein ~ http://preview.tinyurl.com/3wh3hh
William Bottoms ~ http://i17.tinypic.com/5yuls0k.jpg

The smart money goes on Mr Silverstein.

John Corliss

no leída,
11 nov 2008, 4:59:11 a.m.11/11/2008
para
-X-PRIVATE SPOOFER- John Corliss wrote:
> John Stubbings wrote:
>> John Corliss wrote:

>>> John, are you aware that you're replying to somebody who is using AIOE to
>>> spoof BB? Check the headers.
>>>
>> Yep, thanks, to my shame I was using your newsproxy filters as well....
>
> :0)

Hey spoofer (Ari), anybody who's read my posts for any length of time
knows that I don't use that smilicon.

--
John Corliss BS206. I use nFilter to filter all Google Groups posts

Cliveden Chew Haas

no leída,
11 nov 2008, 11:05:26 a.m.11/11/2008
para

Butt no Bottoms. Strange? Hardly, expected. Once a buffoon cocaine
smuggler, always a buffoon cocaine smuggler (let's not forget the guns
on the trip down either).
--
Oh, the excitement!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nWLjNhoduo&fmt=18

Bear Bottoms

no leída,
11 nov 2008, 11:09:53 a.m.11/11/2008
para

Means nothing to me. I know what I know. I know a troll spourger who
contributes nothing. But denigration. That is you.

0 mensajes nuevos