Free newsgroup server

Pitaridis Aristotelis

Oct 14, 2007, 2:40:17 AM10/14/07
Can someone give me a free newsgroup server becaues the server that I use
does not send me all the threads. I just realised it. There are cases that I
do not recieve new messages for more than 20 hours.

helmut

Oct 14, 2007, 2:01:26 AM10/14/07

"Pitaridis Aristotelis" <pita...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Can someone give me a free newsgroup server becaues the server that I use
> does not send me all the threads. I just realised it. There are cases that
> I do not recieve new messages for more than 20 hours.

news.sunsite.dk works for me..

Man-wai Chang ToDie

Oct 14, 2007, 2:10:46 AM10/14/07
> news.sunsite.dk works for me..

Allows posting?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.1

Nicetameetya

Oct 14, 2007, 2:17:25 AM10/14/07
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:10:46 +0800, Man-wai Chang ToDie
<toylet...@gmail.com> magnanimously proffered:

>> news.sunsite.dk works for me..
>
>Allows posting?

Apparently so. Here's the website:

http://dotsrc.org/usenet/

Mike Echo

Oct 14, 2007, 2:43:20 AM10/14/07
In article <4711b097$0$90266$1472...@news.sunsite.dk>, helmut1000
@gmail.com says...

> news.sunsite.dk works for me..

And me. You have to register with them but I don't mind as it keeps it
all above board. The service has been faultless so far and I'm in au.

R.

Message has been deleted

Man-wai Chang ToDie

Oct 14, 2007, 8:36:04 AM10/14/07
>> Can someone give me a free newsgroup
> Ask here: alt.free.newsservers

Thank you!

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.1

^ ^ 20:35:01 up 23:01 2 users load average: 1.00 1.04 1.00

Whirled Peas

Oct 14, 2007, 8:50:15 AM10/14/07

news.datemas.de
Allows posting too. Info here: http://news.datemas.de/

John

Oct 14, 2007, 10:16:50 AM10/14/07

It says 'Registration for all users includes posting access ... >>
Temporarily suspended <<'

John.

Ron May

Oct 14, 2007, 10:47:43 AM10/14/07
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:40:17 +0300, "Pitaridis Aristotelis"
<pita...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Others have mentioned sunsite.dk and I use it too. It's very good, but
it's limited in the groups it carries. It's mainly for computer
related heirarchies. For example, in the alt.* hierarchy, it only
carries alt.comp.* and alt.os.* groups. Similarly, it carries
microsoft.public.* as well as emacs, netcape, linux and similar
groups. It also carries the dk.* hierarchy for danish users abroad.

If you have more diverse needs, but can get along without binaries,
check out Motzarella:

http://motzarella.org/

--
Ron M.
(I filter Googlespam)

LouB

Oct 14, 2007, 11:46:13 AM10/14/07
Terrible web site, very hard to read.

Lou

Ron May

Oct 14, 2007, 12:00:06 PM10/14/07
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:46:13 -0400, LouB <Lo...@invalid.com> wrote:

> Ron May wrote:
<snip>

> > http://motzarella.org/
> >
> Terrible web site, very hard to read.
>
> Lou

The bright green text on black background is somewhat "old school."

Reminds me of the dumb terminal monochrome screens from decades ago. A
bit hard on my aging eyes as well, but you only have to go there to
register once.

Craig

Oct 14, 2007, 12:36:04 PM10/14/07
Ron May wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:40:17 +0300, "Pitaridis Aristotelis"
> <pita...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> If you have more diverse needs, but can get along without binaries,
> check out Motzarella:
>
> http://motzarella.org/

+1

-Craig

POKO

Oct 14, 2007, 1:33:39 PM10/14/07
In article <1192339932.21183@athprx04>, pita...@hotmail.com says...

> Can someone give me a free newsgroup server becaues the server that I use
> does not send me all the threads. I just realised it. There are cases that I
> do not recieve new messages for more than 20 hours.

nntp.aioe.org works well for me,
POKO
--
POKO
Web Page Design

Frank Bohan

Oct 14, 2007, 3:09:10 PM10/14/07

"Pitaridis Aristotelis" <pita...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone give me a free newsgroup server becaues the server that I use
> does not send me all the threads. I just realised it. There are cases that
> I do not recieve new messages for more than 20 hours.

Try nntp.aioe.org --- it allows posting, but does not carry binary groups.

===

Frank Bohan
ś Stock Exchange News: Pencils lost a few points.

miskairal

Oct 14, 2007, 4:57:37 PM10/14/07
Not sure if I'm simply not seeing it but I posted a reply to this (using
sunsite)last night. I don't know where in cyberspace it went to but it
went somewhere I can't see it.

miskairal

Oct 14, 2007, 5:06:44 PM10/14/07

I think Motzarella is beter than sunsite.
My aging eyes actually like the green on black btw, it's the font that's
bad.
Thanks Ron :)

Franklin

Oct 14, 2007, 5:17:56 PM10/14/07

Aoie is not 100% available and there is a 25 postings a day limit.

Is that an -1 ? :-)

jst2swt4

Oct 14, 2007, 6:38:10 PM10/14/07

Do these servers allow posting?

jst2swt4

Oct 14, 2007, 6:48:18 PM10/14/07
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 15:38:10 -0700, jst2swt4 <jst2...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

i guess so!!!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

hummingbird

Oct 19, 2007, 7:10:28 AM10/19/07

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 22:26:30 +0000 'Cheemag'
wrote this on alt.comp.freeware:

> Few of my posts appear on here (to me at least), but I think it's
>because I usually only access UseNet once a day and as there is a lot of
>traffic in this newsgroup, I think my posts probably expire before
>I get back to the group the next day. (?)

This post of yours has only just appeared on my news server (19th)
but is dated 14th October. Ditto another post of yours.

--
If politicians resent being accused of spinning & lying,
there's a very simple solution: they should stop doing it.

ACF freeware: http://freeware.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Message has been deleted

Lee

Oct 24, 2007, 12:55:37 AM10/24/07
Cheemag wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 06:57:37 +1000, miskairal <miskairal@-delete-gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> helmut wrote:
>>> "Pitaridis Aristotelis" <pita...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I've been using news.motzarella.org for over a year with no problems.

> http://motzarella.org/

If I recall correctly, there is about 50,000 Ng's
Regards
Lee

Krazee Brenda

Oct 24, 2007, 1:05:21 PM10/24/07
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:55:37 -0400, Lee wrote:

> If I recall correctly, there is about 50,000 Ng's

...there I was, with only a hand grenade and a Kotex, when I leapt down
the Hill Of Death, fully expecting to kill each and every one of....

*Ngs*!...sorry, flashbackware
--
John "Condom" Corliss called me a troll. !!
http://tinyurl.com/2dympt

Krazee Brenda

Oct 24, 2007, 1:07:17 PM10/24/07
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:06:44 +1000, miskairal wrote:

> I think Motzarella is beter than sunsite.

I like Parmesan beter than sunset.

Krazee Brenda

Oct 24, 2007, 1:08:10 PM10/24/07
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:36:04 GMT, Craig wrote:

> motzarella.org/
>
> +1....

...tomato, boy, is that good eating or what

Franklin

Oct 25, 2007, 7:00:12 AM10/25/07
On Wed 24 Oct 2007 18:07:17, Krazee Brenda <in...@sanibleone.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:06:44 +1000, miskairal wrote:
>
>> I think Motzarella is beter than sunsite.
>
> I like Parmesan beter than sunset.

Ricotta at sunrise?