volume control / command line program

proteanthread

Nov 30, 2009, 10:47:35 AM11/30/09
Looking for a program to set the volume control through a script or
batch file.

Wheel

Nov 30, 2009, 3:32:48 PM11/30/09
proteanthread wrote:
> Looking for a program to set the volume control through a script or
> batch file.

John Albrich - Posted 10-May-2007 - Large post about 3/4 down.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/66784/

The links mentioned do not work, from here, but a search gave:

Volumizer 2.0.1
http://wareseeker.com/System/volumizer-2.0.1.zip/404274

Have *not* used it, although it could be worth a look.

I assume you do the usual scans.

Message has been deleted

charles

Nov 30, 2009, 4:02:36 PM11/30/09
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:47:35 -0800 (PST), proteanthread
<rt...@rtdos.com> wrote:

Wizmo
http://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm

Nircmd
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

CLVol below link seems dead but I could upload the small exe somewhere
on request

CLVol
http://www.pogrelz.com/index.php?r=apps

Message has been deleted

Wheel

Nov 30, 2009, 5:30:43 PM11/30/09
hummingbird wrote:
>> proteanthread wrote:
>>> Looking for a program to set the volume control through a script or
>>> batch file.
>

> "nircmdc.exe" from Nirsoft.

How could I have not looked at my favourite batch tool.

Bested yet again. :)

As yet, not used the console variant, but will.

Thank you.

Message has been deleted

proteanthread

Nov 30, 2009, 7:30:30 PM11/30/09
On Nov 30, 2:02 pm, charles <some...@somewhere.invalid> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:47:35 -0800 (PST), proteanthread
>
> <rt...@rtdos.com> wrote:
>
> Wizmohttp://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm
>
> Nircmdhttp://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

> CLVol below link seems dead but I could upload the small exe somewhere
> on request
>
> CLVolhttp://www.pogrelz.com/index.php?r=apps

I forgot about Wizmo, thanks but I'd like to try CLVOL though.

charles

Nov 30, 2009, 10:22:13 PM11/30/09
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:30:30 -0800 (PST), proteanthread
<rt...@rtdos.com> wrote:

>On Nov 30, 2:02 pm, charles <some...@somewhere.invalid> wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:47:35 -0800 (PST), proteanthread
>>
>> <rt...@rtdos.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wizmohttp://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm
>>
>> Nircmdhttp://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html
>>
>> CLVol below link seems dead but I could upload the small exe somewhere
>> on request
>>
>> CLVolhttp://www.pogrelz.com/index.php?r=apps
>

>I forgot about Wizmo, thanks but I'd like to try CLVOL though.

Here you go

http://rapidshare.de/files/48767411/CLVol.zip.html

Wheel

Dec 1, 2009, 2:40:19 PM12/1/09
hummingbird wrote:
> 'Wheel' wrote thus:

>>> "nircmdc.exe" from Nirsoft.
>
> YW.
> I use it a lot to adjust/reset my system volume controls.
> I have it written into a batch script in my filemanager...

I tend to only use programs that do not alter the system volume
levels, however something alters it that I have yet to identify.
It has a spasmodic nature, hence hard to pin down.

So thanks again for a method of dealing with it.

nobody

Dec 16, 2009, 11:00:21 AM12/16/09
hi charles,

i'am looking for CLVol.zip and volumizer-2.0.1.zip in the www but
couldn't find anything to download :-(

could you please reupload the file, because it's downloadtime is
exceeded.

is there a documentation included concerning the arguments,
parameters, switches?

so in forward, thanks to you.

charles

Dec 16, 2009, 9:45:22 PM12/16/09
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:00:21 -0800 (PST), nobody <nobo...@gmx.net>
wrote:

Here you are: http://rapidshare.de/files/48849176/CLVol.zip.html

If you do find volumizer somewhere, let me know. Looks interesting.

Wheel

Dec 17, 2009, 11:45:32 AM12/17/09

Volumizer 2.0.1

Web Page:
http://www.softforfree.com/download/volumizer-11595-0.html

Text link on page:- скачать Volumizer #2
http://www.softforfree.com/files/soft/volumizer.zip

Downloaded file: volumizer.zip
MD5: d4964da0be1eb233ed6f03723560b86c
SHA-1: 408d5b1d449034d3847981b9c3c67e62f34fea67

The extracted 'SETUP.EXE' has same MD5/SHA1 hashes as the ones
computed by 'Jotti' below: http://virusscan.jotti.org/

From my location: http://virusscan.jotti.org/en-gb

------

Filename: SETUP.EXE
Scan taken on: Thu 17 Dec 2009 15:43:42 (CET) Permalink

File size: 434063 bytes
Filetype: PE32 executable for MS Windows (GUI) Intel 80386 32-bit
MD5: cffd0ab14cdd7c7b485ca5517163f460
SHA1: 82fe12092f71e099ce6791d30cb164da5a80746e

Packer (Avast): ASPack
Packer (Drweb): ASPACK, BINARYRES
Packer (Kaspersky): ASPack

------------

A product of Angstrom Software.

Command-line Parameters:

Usage:
volumizer <parameters>

All command-line parameters are optional. If no parameters are
specified, the program will start normally. If any parameters are
specified, the program will run with those parameters. To close
immediately, use the "/X" parameter

NOTE:

Any specific volume level settings (eg. /C:100) will be ignored
if you also load a pre-defined sound scheme.

Parameters:

/S:"<scheme>" - load the specified sound scheme
/C:<xxx> - set the CD volume level to "xxx" ("xxx" = 0-255)
/L:<xxx> - set the Line-In volume level to "xxx" ("xxx" = 0-255)
/M:<xxx> - set the Midi volume level to "xxx" ("xxx" = 0-255)
/W:<xxx> - set the Wave volume level to "xxx" ("xxx" = 0-255)
/X - immediately close after loading other parameters

eg. volumizer /C:150 /L:0 /M:0 /W:200
eg. volumizer /S:"My Sound Scheme"

------

Batch file usage:

To load a certain sound scheme every time you run a program, you
can create a simple batch file such as:

@echo off
volumizer /S:"My Sound Scheme" /X
c:\gamedir\mygame.exe

Save this text file as "mygame.bat" and create a shortcut pointing
to it.

------------

Tried both (GUI & Batch) with partial success. 'Wave' control is
the only control that appears to be controllable in my system. You
may find your mileage will differ (Software/Drivers etc.).

My system does not like the /X switch.

A 1999 application that appears abandoned. Seems to uninstall
cleanly with no apparent detrimental effects on my system.

Make sure you do your own stuff if you decide to give it a try,
which could be an ideal solution for someone. I'll be giving it
a miss though.

Franklin

Dec 17, 2009, 5:06:00 PM12/17/09
Wheel wrote:

Nice write up. I also tried Volumizer. It seems straightforward but it
gets more fiddly than it's worth.

nobody

Dec 17, 2009, 6:39:37 PM12/17/09
I found a nice working tool named "SetSnd.exe" with multiple options!

Have a look:
http://board.gulli.com/thread/613387-wie-batch-datei-herstellen-um-lautstaerke-auf-5-zu-stellen/2/

@charles - thx for the upload
@Wheel - thx for the url

Wheel

Dec 18, 2009, 9:22:15 PM12/18/09
nobody wrote:
> I found a nice working tool named "SetSnd.exe" with multiple options!
>
> Have a look:
> http://board.gulli.com/thread/613387-wie-batch-datei-herstellen-um-lautstaerke-auf-5-zu-stellen/2/

Trying to complete this sub-thread.

--------------------------------

SetSound v0.7.1 (possibly)

From: Index of /gulli
http://1cl.1c.ohost.de/gulli/

Direct link:
http://1cl.1c.ohost.de/gulli/SetSnd.exe

Command-line switches: - (Appears to match download)

SetSnd SetMasterMute X
SetSnd SetWaveMute X
SetSnd SetCDAudioMute X
SetSnd SetLineInMute X
SetSnd SetSPDIFMute X
SetSnd SetMicMute X
SetSnd SetAuxMute X

X = 1 or 0 (ON or OFF)

SetSnd SetMasterVolume X
SetSnd SetWaveVolume X
SetSnd SetCDAudioVolume X
SetSnd SetLineInVolume X
SetSnd SetSPDIFVolume X
SetSnd SetMicVolume X
SetSnd SetAuxVolume X

X = 0-100%

SetSnd SetAllMax
SetSnd SetAllMin

--------------------------------

Excellent hunting trip.

Thank you for the feedback and link.

Message has been deleted

Wheel

Dec 19, 2009, 6:20:21 AM12/19/09
Klaw wrote:
> On 19 Dec 2009, Wheel <ty...@hub.axle> wrote in
>
>> nobody wrote:
>>> I found a nice working tool named "SetSnd.exe" with multiple
>>> options!
>>>
>>> Have a look:
>>> http://board.gulli.com/thread/613387-wie-batch-datei-herstellen-um-la
>>> utstaerke-auf-5-zu-stellen/2/

>> SetSound v0.7.1 (possibly)

>> From: Index of /gulli
>> http://1cl.1c.ohost.de/gulli/
>>
>> Direct link:
>> http://1cl.1c.ohost.de/gulli/SetSnd.exe
>>

>> Command-line switches:

[... snip ...]

> board.gulli.com thread tells SetSnd must be in System32 folder.
>
> It does not work on my XP Pro. Does it work for you?

Works from anywhere with 'SetSnd.exe' placed in any directory on
my Xp Pro Sp2:

Command prompt
Batch file
Task Scheduler
etc.

Example using 'Start' -> 'Run'

"D:\Tools\Utils\SetSound 071\SetSnd.exe" SetCDAudioVolume 25

Klaw

Dec 19, 2009, 6:50:33 AM12/19/09
On 19 Dec 2009, Wheel <ty...@hub.axle> wrote in news:_F2Xm.51571$iW.2036
@newsfe30.ams2:

Got it. Used wrong SetWaveAudioVolume.

Bear Bottoms

Dec 19, 2009, 8:22:39 AM12/19/09
In article <BieRm.22490$ic1....@newsfe16.ams2>, ty...@hub.axle says...

So what is the issue with saving schemas not working? A fresh restart
should fix you right up. If not, Donationcoder has two volume controls
which I recommend to you.

http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?topic=13989.0

SetWav
set system's WAV level on startup.
output change in percentage (0-100).
EXE only due to creation of link in the startup folder.

Setsound_50.exe does what it says, sets the master and wave volumes at
50% then closes (50% was a nominal figure ## EDIT: updated the setsound
script to toggle the mute status off (if it's already on...)

I'll put them on my site.
--
Bear Bottoms-Freeware Researcher Extraordinaire
Freeware website: http://bearware.info