Re: OpenProj Beta2

Message has been deleted

jedisb

Aug 9, 2007, 9:37:58 AM8/9/07
On Aug 7, 4:58 pm, Gordon Darling <m...@inval-id.com> wrote:

> Next up we need "A desktop replacement for Microsoft Visio capable of
> sharing files with Microsoft Visio"
>
> Regards
> Gordon

There's Dia, which is a free program "a la" Visio. Although, it
doesn't support the Visio file format. There's also Kivio for Linux.
It is part of KOffice. Although, again, it does not support Visio
files.

Message has been deleted

Craig

Aug 9, 2007, 12:59:26 PM8/9/07
Gordon Darling wrote:
> Yes, I know about those. I use Dia and there was an outstanding $3000
> bounty for reverse engineering the Visio format.
>
> See <http://www.redferni.uklinux.net/visio/>

From the above url:

"Update March 2007 - see Valek's vsdump project. I'm working on
incorporating this into the Dia VDX plug-in, but first I'm just writing
a simple dumping script, which I'll publish here when it works."

Valek's vsdump is @ <http://www.gnome.ru/projects/vsdump_en.html>

fyi,
-Craig