I've issued Dynamic Draw Professional.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 24, 2006, 1:26:43 PM6/24/06
Hello.
My name is Masayuki Fukushiro.
I had issued a free drawing tool 'Molip Draw 2.1' 5 years before.
Now I've issued Dynamic Draw Professional, a new version of Molip Draw.
Dynamic Draw Professional is completely free and really powerful tool.
The Japanese edition has been widely used in Japan.
Now English edition is available.
I've prepared some movies to explain what my tool can do, so you can
see them before installing the tool.
Anyway. Please come to my homepage and evaluate my tool.
I feel sad because nobody comes to my homepage.

http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

My english might be strange and difficult to understand, sorry I don't
have a lot of experience writing English.

POKO

Jun 24, 2006, 5:59:22 PM6/24/06
In article <1151170003.5...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp says...
Masayuki - don't be sad any longer. The folks here love programmers that
put out quality freeware. I'll be testing it out myself later today or
tomorrow as will a lot of folks here.
Your English is not that bad and I'll wager I can run slower than you.
Best regards from Canada,
--
POKO

Brian (Groups)

Jun 24, 2006, 7:07:27 PM6/24/06
This looks like a very nice, capable program Masayuki.
Before downloading, can you tell me what formats it supports for EXPORT
of drawings please.

Brian

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 24, 2006, 9:46:11 PM6/24/06
POKO, thank you for your kindness.
Before posting here, I've submit to some english download sites, but
they were refused.
I know it is difficult to list a newcomer's program for them, because
of cost, security, and some other reason.
But it really discouraged me that they've decided without installing
it.
So I am happy that you will try my program.
If you have any question, please tell me.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 24, 2006, 9:56:43 PM6/24/06
> This looks like a very nice, capable program Masayuki.

Thank you Brian.

> Before downloading, can you tell me what formats it supports for EXPORT
> of drawings please.

It can export as JPG, TIFF, PNG, EMF, WMF, PSD, BMP.
And you can paste in other applications as OLE object, EMF and WMF.
Soon I'll issue a plug-in for exporting and importing as SVG.
I add a new page in my website that explain about exporting and
importing.
Thank you for the advice.

Paddy

Jun 25, 2006, 6:16:35 AM6/25/06
Hi Masayuki

Don't worry, people will recommend it, because it is a very good
programme.
Paddy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roger Johansson

Jun 25, 2006, 7:48:49 AM6/25/06

Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> > Before downloading, can you tell me what formats it supports for EXPORT
> > of drawings please.

> It can export as JPG, TIFF, PNG, EMF, WMF, PSD, BMP.

When I try to save a document as test.jpg I get a message that plugin
for jpg export is not available.

The formats I can export in are all special for this program.

How to export documents as jpg, bmp, etc..?

Thanks for issuing this program as freeware.

--
Roger J.

John Corliss

Jun 25, 2006, 7:58:04 AM6/25/06

Masayuki,
Your English is fine. Just out of curiosity, which freeware sites did
you try to submit your program to? For instance, did Nonags and
Snapfiles turn you down?

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 25, 2006, 8:02:24 AM6/25/06
Paddy wrote:
> Don't worry, people will recommend it, because it is a very good
> programme.

Thank you !!
If you find something wrong in the program, let me know please.
I wish to know good news and bad news both.

Roger Johansson wrote:
> When I try to save a document as test.jpg I get a message that plugin
> for jpg export is not available.

Sorry, my explanation is not enough.
You can save with following steps.
1. Select the objects that you with to export.
2. Click [File] > [Export selected objects picture...].
3. Choose [Files of type] and input appropriate file name and push Save
button.

Thank you for your trying.

Roger Johansson

Jun 25, 2006, 8:16:25 AM6/25/06

Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> Roger Johansson wrote:
> > When I try to save a document as test.jpg I get a message that plugin
> > for jpg export is not available.

> Sorry, my explanation is not enough.
> You can save with following steps.
> 1. Select the objects that you with to export.
> 2. Click [File] > [Export selected objects picture...].
> 3. Choose [Files of type] and input appropriate file name and push Save
> button.

Aha, now I understand.

It works. Thanks.

Maybe this is explained in one of the many movies you have made, but I
didn't have time to watch them before I started testing the program.

Now when I know the program works I will take time to watch more of the
movies.

--
Roger J.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 25, 2006, 9:04:18 AM6/25/06
John Corliss wrote:
> Your English is fine. Just out of curiosity, which freeware sites did
> you try to submit your program to? For instance, did Nonags and
> Snapfiles turn you down?

Thank you!
But, to tell the truth, I spend a long time to examine words.
For example, 'curiosity', I didn't know this word.
Anyway, my answer is, hmmmmm, I should keep it a secret.
I've submitted to two download sites. And the answer of the one site,
hurt me.
The answer of another was honest: 'We did not review it'.
I was not hurt by this. And he gave me a chance to ask why.
What I can say is,
The former is not included in what you listed.
Please do not ask about this any further. :-)

:-) <- I mean it with smile. Is it correct ?

Regards,

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 25, 2006, 9:16:39 AM6/25/06
Roger Johansson wrote:

> Maybe this is explained in one of the many movies you have made, but I
> didn't have time to watch them before I started testing the program.

Of cause, I know it is hard to find what you want by watching the
movies.
So if you have any question, don't hesitate to ask me please.
But, do not anger if I use something rude word.

Regards

Roger Johansson

Jun 25, 2006, 9:32:59 AM6/25/06

Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> So if you have any question, don't hesitate to ask me please.
> But, do not anger if I use something rude word.

Don't worry about that, lots of rude words in newsgroups.

Is it okay to distribute your program to other people,
via freeware web sites, for example?

--
Roger J.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 25, 2006, 9:50:15 AM6/25/06
Roger Johansson wrote:
> Don't worry about that, lots of rude words in newsgroups.

Really ? It is same in japanese messageboard sites.

> Is it okay to distribute your program to other people,
> via freeware web sites, for example?

You mean that you kindly submit this program to some web sites ?
If you will, I say 'please! please!'.

Regards,

meow...@care2.com

Jun 25, 2006, 9:55:35 AM6/25/06

cant see anywhere that says what it does!

NT

Brian (Groups)

Jun 25, 2006, 10:03:08 AM6/25/06
Thank you Masayuki. I note the further instructions you have given for
exporting selected objects, and look forward to downloading and trying
your program.

Don't be discouraged by sites rejecting your work. Some sites operate
within their own guidelines. This can often mean that very good work is
not even considered, because of their often inappropriate criteria. But
be assured that good quality freeware always receives good reviews on
alt.comp.freeware.

Many thanks for offering your hard work as freeware.

Brian

Roger Johansson

Jun 25, 2006, 12:18:22 PM6/25/06

meow...@care2.com wrote:

It think it can be described as:

Vector graphics editor. Useful for making flowcharts, line drawings,
org charts, buttons, etc. Object-oriented drawing and design program.

Maybe you miss a description like this on the web site.
And in the descriptions of the program elsewhere.

--
Roger J.

George

Jun 25, 2006, 2:50:57 PM6/25/06
Masayuki,

This is a nice program. It reminds me of Visio which costs about $200
for the standard version. When I saw your web site, it wasn't
immediately obvious to me that Dynamic Draw Professional is freeware.
I suggest you add the following to your web site:

Dynamic Draw Professional is distributed as freeware for business or
personal use. However if you want to redistribute Dynamic Draw
Professional, you need to get permission from the author. The download
is a self-extracting WinRAR file. The program is installed by running
the "SETUP.EXE" file that is in the "disk1" folder.

I like to add annotations to screen shots to make teaching aids for
using software. I was able to do this by opening my screen shot in a
graphics editor. I then drew a box around the screen shot and copied
it to the clip board. I opened Dynamic Draw and click on the paste
button. I was then able to overlay the various arrows and textboxes
onto the screen shot. I then used the procedure you posted previously
to save the images as a JPG file.

1) For future enhancements, you might add an option to "Export All
Objects Picture..." so that you don't have to select all the objects to
export.

2) It would be nice to add an option to insert an image from a file to
make creating annotations easier.

3) The shadow functions works a little differently that what I
expected. I was expecting a shadow to the right and bottom of the
object, not having it be transparent.

John Corliss

Jun 25, 2006, 3:39:36 PM6/25/06

Masayuki,
If you don't want to tell me which sites refused to list your
program, that's your business. However, I can recommend that you submit
your program for review to both Snapfiles:

http://www.webattack.com/freeware/freeware.html

and Nonags:

http://www.nonags.com/

I can see no reason why they would not review AND list your program.

Roger Johansson

Jun 25, 2006, 5:42:01 PM6/25/06

George wrote:
> However if you want to redistribute Dynamic Draw
> Professional, you need to get permission from the author.

Why do you want him to restrict the distribution instead of allowing
free distribution as so many other freeware authors do?

That can cause real problems some day in the future if the author loses
interest or loses his internet contact, and people want to keep on
recommending and distributing the program. If he follows your advice on
this point the value of the program as freeware is reduced, because it
becomes unsure if it will be available in the future.

By the way, he has already made this version of the program freely
distributable, but he shouldn't follow your advice for coming versions
either. It reduces its chances of being distributed and used.

If the author of Proxomitron had followed your silly advice that we
wouldn't be able to distribute Proxomitron and continue to use it
today.
(The author of Proxomitron died suddenly at only 36 years of age.)

You should ask him to consider making it open source instead, if you
going to get involved into his wishes at all, so others can continue
the development if he no longer can or wants to do it. That would make
the program live on forever.

--
Roger J.

George

Jun 25, 2006, 6:35:46 PM6/25/06
Perhaps it should read like this:

Dynamic Draw Professional is distributed as freeware for business or

personal use. You may redistribute Dynamic Draw Professional as long
as as it is not sold and remains freware. The download is a

Roger Johansson

Jun 25, 2006, 6:55:42 PM6/25/06

Yes, now I am with you.

Your advice were good otherwise.
There is a lack of information on the authors web site about certain
things that you brought up. But there is no need to throw a lot of
difficult english at him at once.

Help him with one thing at a time instead.

--
Roger J.

meow...@care2.com

Jun 25, 2006, 7:26:25 PM6/25/06
Roger Johansson wrote:

ty, I'll go try it then - I imagine it does more than Eve.

Masayuki, the very first thing we need to see on your site is what it
is / what it does. A screenshot on the front page would also help in
this respect, though is not a necessity.

PS re distribution, freeware authors are just about never paid for
distribution, the only thing restricting distribution does it to
eliminate it from most sites, projects and cd compilatoins that would
make the work available to milions of people to use. Authors sometimes
hang onto distribution rights in the vague hope someone will pay them,
but there is no conceivable business model in paying to distribute free
software, so it doesnt happen in reality. You the author pay for the
site and bandwidth for all downloads, but if you allow distribution you
dont need to pay for any of it, let the freeware sites offer the file
and your homepage can just direct to them when people want to dl the
file. Freely allowing distribution has all the advantages.

If you need any thing there translated into perfect polished English,
feel free to post it here and some of us may help. And some will
grumble probably!

Dont forget to submit it to pricelessware.

NT

POKO

Jun 25, 2006, 8:03:32 PM6/25/06
In article <1151199971.8...@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp says...
Masayuki,
I see from the growing thread that your little (um, make that
substantial) piece of software has created a stir in acf. Poor me on
dialup - I started the download and went to bed. To be honest with you I
cannot critique your app as graphics is not my forte. I'm sure for the
experienced user that it is very well received.
Best wishes for a prosperous life of programming,
--
POKO

Roger Johansson

Jun 25, 2006, 8:39:45 PM6/25/06

meow...@care2.com wrote:

> > Vector graphics editor. Useful for making flowcharts, line drawings,
> > org charts, buttons, etc. Object-oriented drawing and design program.

I liked the feature that created objects are intelligent enough to
adjust when other objects change. An arrow between object A and object
B becomes longer or changes direction when these objects are moved, so
the arrow still goes from A to B after B or A has been moved.

It also has great coloring possibilities, look at the example files in
the program.

> ty, I'll go try it then - I imagine it does more than Eve.

I does more than Eve, and most important of all, it can export to a
range of picture formats, while Eve can only export as EMF.

It is a big download for somebody on dial-up connection to internet,
because of the many movies which are showing how to use it. The program
itself is not big, and should maybe be available without all those
movies, which I think few people will have the patience to watch.

--
Roger J.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 25, 2006, 8:50:50 PM6/25/06
Brian (Groups) wrote:
> Don't be discouraged by sites rejecting your work. Some sites operate
> within their own guidelines. This can often mean that very good work is
> not even considered, because of their often inappropriate criteria. But
> be assured that good quality freeware always receives good reviews on
> alt.comp.freeware.

Thank you Brian.
I've experienced some frustration, and now I understand what you say.
Don't worry. I'm fine.
I should come here at the first. But I did not know the existence of
ACF.
Thanks to the sites and frustration, I found here.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 25, 2006, 10:01:49 PM6/25/06
Thank you Roger, George and meow2.
Sorry, this conversation is little difficult for me.
So, I don't understand perfectly.

I will add the following to my web site.

> Roger Johansson

Vector graphics editor. Useful for making flowcharts, line drawings,
org charts, buttons, etc. Object-oriented drawing and design program.

> George

Dynamic Draw Professional is distributed as freeware for business or
personal use.

> George

The download is a self-extracting WinRAR file. The program is
installed by running
the "SETUP.EXE" file that is in the "disk1" folder.

And, what I should write in my website about the following ?

> George and Roger Johansson

> You may redistribute Dynamic Draw Professional as long
> as as it is not sold and remains freware.

meow2 has adviced me, but sorry, I cannot understand exactly.
I don't mind that the program is listed in other sites, included in cd
compilatoins.
I mind if somebody sell it 'Dynamic Draw 100$ !!'.
Not because of money ( to tell the truth, a little pity the money ),
but I am afraid that it cause misunderstanding to users that the
program charges price and they demand full suport of the program.

If somebody have a good idea, suggest me please.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 25, 2006, 10:03:30 PM6/25/06
John Corliss wrote:
> If you don't want to tell me which sites refused to list your
> program, that's your business. However, I can recommend that you submit
> your program for review to both Snapfiles:
> http://www.webattack.com/freeware/freeware.html
> and Nonags:
> http://www.nonags.com/

Thank you John.
I'm not informed about US downloadsites.
You will mean that these sites are opened to freeware wider ?
I cannot submit soon, but when I get free time, I will try to submit to
them.
Thank you!

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 25, 2006, 10:35:18 PM6/25/06
George wrote:
> 1) For future enhancements, you might add an option to "Export All
> Objects Picture..." so that you don't have to select all the objects to
> export.
Let me think about this.
Maybe you will notice, Dynamic Draw has a unique accesskey style on the
menu.
It is an optimized interface for that you put your left hand on the
keyboard and right hand on the mouse.
So, I wish to keep few functions in the menu as well as possible.

> 2) It would be nice to add an option to insert an image from a file to
> make creating annotations easier.

Okey, I list it in my future task list.

> 3) The shadow functions works a little differently that what I
> expected. I was expecting a shadow to the right and bottom of the
> object, not having it be transparent.

Sorry, I cannot understand the following.
'not having it be transparent.'
Could you explain in details.

Roger Johansson wrote:
> It is a big download for somebody on dial-up connection to internet,
> because of the many movies which are showing how to use it. The program
> itself is not big, and should maybe be available without all those
> movies, which I think few people will have the patience to watch.

I've forgotten that there are many people who connect on dial-up.
In Japan, most people connect on broadband because Japan is narrow.
It sound good idea. I make another installer not include movies.

Regards,

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 25, 2006, 10:41:40 PM6/25/06
Thank you POKO.

POKO wrote:
> I see from the growing thread that your little (um, make that
> substantial) piece of software has created a stir in acf. Poor me on
> dialup - I started the download and went to bed. To be honest with you I
> cannot critique your app as graphics is not my forte. I'm sure for the

Sorry, I've let you spend your time for the download.
Roger gave me a good idea. I'll prepare another installer smaller.

Regards,

Roger Johansson

Jun 26, 2006, 1:40:06 AM6/26/06

Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> If somebody have a good idea, suggest me please.

At the web site you can use this:

"You may redistribute Dynamic Draw Professional as long

as as it is not sold and remains freeware.

You should also write a text file inside the program distribution
package where you make these things clear, that it is freeware and that
non-profit distribution is allowed, and that you own the copyright.

Like this:

"You may redistribute Dynamic Draw Professional as long

as as it is not sold and remains freeware.
The name of the program must remain the same and the
copyright remains with the author, Masayuki Fukushiro.
This notice may not be removed from the distribution package"

This will stop people from re-naming the program and pretend that they
are the authors. We know such a person who recently tried to re-name
the Opera web browser and distribute it as his own.

--
Roger J.

Roger Johansson

Jun 26, 2006, 1:55:06 AM6/26/06

Roger Johansson wrote:

> You should also write a text file inside the program distribution
> package where you make these things clear, that it is freeware and that
> non-profit distribution is allowed, and that you own the copyright.

> Like this:

> "You may redistribute Dynamic Draw Professional as long
> as as it is not sold and remains freeware.
> The name of the program must remain the same and the
> copyright remains with the author, Masayuki Fukushiro.
> This notice may not be removed from the distribution package"

The text file can have the name license.txt and such a file tells
people what the author allows people to do with the program, and what
is not allowed.
It also explains who owns the copyright to the program, who has made
it.

Or you can add it to the readme file you already have in the program,
before or after the section "About End-User Software License Agreement"

--
Roger J.

John Corliss

Jun 26, 2006, 4:15:29 AM6/26/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:
> John Corliss wrote:
>> If you don't want to tell me which sites refused to list your
>> program, that's your business. However, I can recommend that you submit
>> your program for review to both Snapfiles:
>> http://www.webattack.com/freeware/freeware.html
>> and Nonags:
>> http://www.nonags.com/
>
> Thank you John.
> I'm not informed about US downloadsites.
> You will mean that these sites are opened to freeware wider ?

Yes, that's probably true. Here are the pages where you should submit
your program:

http://www.nonagsplus.com/software/sub3.asp

and:

http://www.snapfiles.com/submit/

> I cannot submit soon, but when I get free time, I will try to submit to
> them.
> Thank you!

When you do, you might also want to consider these sites too:

http://freewarehome.com
(http://freewarehome.com/index.html?%2Fadd_ons%2Fsubmit.html)

http://www.a1b2c3.com/free/index.html
(http://www.a1b2c3.com/free/feedbk01.htm, submission form at bottom)

http://www.majorgeeks.com
(http://www.majorgeeks.com/submitdownload.php)

http://www.webgrid.co.uk
(http://www.webgrid.co.uk/?m=Downloads&view=Submit)

Terry

Jun 26, 2006, 7:30:43 AM6/26/06
On 24 Jun 2006 10:26:43 -0700, "Masayuki Fukushiro"
<yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

>Hello.
>My name is Masayuki Fukushiro.
>I had issued a free drawing tool 'Molip Draw 2.1' 5 years before.
>Now I've issued Dynamic Draw Professional, a new version of Molip Draw.
>Dynamic Draw Professional is completely free and really powerful tool.
>The Japanese edition has been widely used in Japan.
>Now English edition is available.
>I've prepared some movies to explain what my tool can do, so you can
>see them before installing the tool.
>Anyway. Please come to my homepage and evaluate my tool.
>I feel sad because nobody comes to my homepage.

Can anybody who has tried this contrast it with Dia? Thanks.

Terry

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 26, 2006, 10:51:46 AM6/26/06
I've finished to modify my website.
And I've noticed that programming is easer for me than making website.
A lot of thanks to Roger, George and meow2, it becomes better.

Regards,
--
Masayuki Fukushiro
author of Dynamic Draw Professional, a completely free, powerful

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 26, 2006, 11:15:42 AM6/26/06
John Corliss wrote:
> Yes, that's probably true. Here are the pages where you should submit
> your program:
> http://www.nonagsplus.com/software/sub3.asp
> and:
> http://www.snapfiles.com/submit/
> When you do, you might also want to consider these sites too:
> http://freewarehome.com

Hello, John.
Most of the sites you listed, I've never heard.
This information is really useful for me.
Thank you !

Terry wrote:
> Can anybody who has tried this contrast it with Dia? Thanks.

I did not know Dia.
I've searched in Google and I've found it's official website.
It seems to me that there is some difference in the direction of Dia
and Dynamic Draw.
I feel that Dia is optimized to make diagrams.
Dynamic Draw is for more general drawing.
These are my guess.
I hope somebody good at Dia help you.

George

Jun 26, 2006, 1:39:08 PM6/26/06
Masayuki ,

I agree that Roger Johansson's version of the wording for distribution
rights is the best and also agree it should be in the license (or
sometimes called End User License Agreement which is often abbreviated
as EULA).

The changes you made to your web site look really good. You might get
more traffic to your site after the search engines index the words you
added. I maintain a freeware web site of my own and have noticed that
people often include the word "freeware" in their searches.

The comment I had about shadows is that most graphics programs that
have options for shadows don't usually show a shadow in back of an
object. Your program allows you to see through the object to show the
shadow behind it. Shadows are usually only visable on the bottom and
the right side of the object. I don't consider this to be a
significant problem, just different from what I expected.

I agree with John Corlis that snapfiles and nonags are 2 of the best
freeware sites on the internet. Considering the high quality of your
program, I think they would be interested in hosting your program.

George

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 27, 2006, 1:00:05 AM6/27/06
Roger Johansson wrote:
> Is it okay to distribute your program to other people,
> via freeware web sites, for example?

My program has been listed in FWT.
I suppose that you have submitted for me.
Thank you !!

George wrote:
> I agree that Roger Johansson's version of the wording for distribution
> rights is the best and also agree it should be in the license (or
> sometimes called End User License Agreement which is often abbreviated
> as EULA).
> The changes you made to your web site look really good. You might get
> more traffic to your site after the search engines index the words you
> added. I maintain a freeware web site of my own and have noticed that
> people often include the word "freeware" in their searches.

Thank you George.
I've append to Readme.txt the distribution rights that Roger was
suggested.
And I've just finished to upload the smaller version of installer.

> I agree with John Corlis that snapfiles and nonags are 2 of the best
> freeware sites on the internet. Considering the high quality of your
> program, I think they would be interested in hosting your program.

Now, I start to submit the software to Nonags.
This time, I hope they accept my program.
I think I've learned a lot from previous failures.

I really thank the people who adviced me !

Roger Johansson

Jun 27, 2006, 1:49:35 AM6/27/06

Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:
> Roger Johansson wrote:

> > Is it okay to distribute your program to other people,
> > via freeware web sites, for example?

> My program has been listed in FWT.
> I suppose that you have submitted for me.
> Thank you !!

It was somebody else. I asked you because I know we have people here
who help with such things. They just need to know that a program is
very good and that it is okay with the author to distribute it.

So I just asked you if it would be okay, and then other people helped
you.

For the future you can maybe think about if you want to have full
control over this program. If you are the only person who can change it
and make it better.

That is one way of seeing it, and I assumed that this is what you want
at this moment.
Many programmers want to have full control of their program like that.

But you can think a little about that. There are many ways to let other
programmers help you make the program better. You can let others send
you suggestions and you choose to implement new ideas. Or you can make
a project of it, still under your control but letting others study your
program code and suggest changes.

Or you can go all the way and make it open source and let others make
it better and distribute their versions.

There are many variants of cooperation you can consider.

Of course we do not want to think about unpleasant things, but anyone
of us could die tomorrow, and what would then happen to your program?

As the license is written now nobody can make it better, so it will
remain as it is and other program will be developed which become
better, and people forget your program. If you make it possible for
others to continue the work if you lose interest or disappear the
program will have a future independent of you.

In a few years we will all use linux instead of windows, and we will
only use free software, open source programs.

That is something to think about for the future, maybe.

--
Roger J.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 27, 2006, 6:30:49 AM6/27/06
Roger Johansson wrote:
> It was somebody else. I asked you because I know we have people here
> who help with such things. They just need to know that a program is
> very good and that it is okay with the author to distribute it.

Oh,so,I thank you and somebody !

Roger Johansson wrote:
> For the future you can maybe think about if you want to have full
> control over this program. If you are the only person who can change it
> and make it better.

I understand what you've said.
In fact, I've been thinking that my source code should be opened or not
almost everyday.

I agree with you that we will only use free software in the future.
But I do not agree it becomes in a few years. I supporse it will be
more distant future. Because, in some kind of software, it is really
difficult to separate and distribute the development task to many
people.
In this kind of software, a few person must dedicate themselves to the
development. If the software will hold a lot of users, like OpenOffice,
the person will get some method to keep their life, but if the software
will not hold many people, like my software, it is difficult to keep
their life.
I suppose that in the future, it will become easier to keep the life,
then every software become opened and free software.

Anyway, this is just my opinion and it is not important.
The topic is, what I think this software should be.
Before starting to describe it, I wish to describe the background of my
software development.

I've been working as a programmer for long years, and I had felt many
times that the technology becomes difficult day by day, and products
becomes more and more complex.
We've spent long time to learn the technology and take over the product
development from others.
But, someday, it will reach a limit, because we cannot alive forever,
the time is limited.
I think that 'Historied structured document' might become one solution
of this problem.
I am describing about 'Historied structured document' in my homepage. I
call it 'hidocument'.
It is just a possibility. I am not sure it become a solution, but I am
sure there is a chance.

So, my final goal is, most software will become to support 'hidocument'
style.
I hope that OpenOffice, MS Office, famous UML editors, etc, support it.
If it is promised that, when I become my source code opened then they
support it, I will open it immediately.
But if they wish to hold it, I may donate it to them.
I know my goal sounds something stupid and too big imagination, but I
am serious.
I know that, to realize my dream, the efficiency of hidocument must be
proved.
So I hope that many people use my software. And for them, I put an
effort to open the document format.
I think that most important propertis for users is, their documsnts.
And when I notice my dream is illusion, or I die, the soruce code will
be opened.

I've described my too big imagination, but in fact, I am happy just use
it as a drawing tool.

I apologize that I've spent many space for my explanation.
And, if I use some rude words or somebody feel bad, sorry. I don't have
a lot of experience writing English, especially this kind of
description.

Regards,
--
Masayuki Fukushiro
author of Dynamic Draw Professional

http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

Roger Johansson

Jun 27, 2006, 8:46:26 AM6/27/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> I think that 'Historied structured document' might become one solution
> of this problem.
> I am describing about 'Historied structured document' in my homepage. I
> call it 'hidocument'.
> It is just a possibility. I am not sure it become a solution, but I am
> sure there is a chance.

I think that this kind of "historied structured document" is already
used by many programmers who cooperate on a project.

They create new versions of the document, the program in their case,
and they keep track of the different versions.

I am not a programmer myself but I think they are doing this at places
like sourceforge on the web, where all the people who like to help out
to advance the development of a program, its documentation and other
things that are needed.

> So, my final goal is, most software will become to support 'hidocument'
> style.
> I hope that OpenOffice, MS Office, famous UML editors, etc, support it.

In office programs they also have a kind of "historied structured
document" system, where a document has a history, and one or more
people have worked on it.
The older versions are kept so anybody can follow the development of
the document and the parts of it.

Maybe this is what you are thinking of but you use different words to
describe it.

--
Roger J.

L...@its.invalid

Jun 27, 2006, 4:45:46 PM6/27/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> Regards,
> --
> Masayuki Fukushiro
> author of Dynamic Draw Professional
> http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

Good sig <bg>

Lou (The guy who emailed you).

John Fitzsimons

Jun 27, 2006, 6:34:42 PM6/27/06
On 26 Jun 2006 22:00:05 -0700, "Masayuki Fukushiro"
<yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

Hi Masayuki,

< snip >

>My program has been listed in FWT.

They are still going ? They used to have a newsletter one could
subscribe to but that stopped many months ago and I presumed the site
would follow.

< snip >

Have you thought of trying Tucows at http://www.tucows.com/ ?

Also, I cannot download your program. When I click the Dynamic Draw
Professional 4.0 B1 ME link I get a file called dd4b1me.exe which is
478KB. NOT one that is 30.2 MB. :-(

I also cannot play your movies. I get an error on my system saying
that the movie player has missing files to play your movie.

Perhaps you could consider adding some screen shots ?

Also, most people have downloads as .zip files. You might consider
that option too.

Regards, John.

,-._|\ (A.C.F FAQ) http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/faq.html
/ Oz \ John Fitzsimons - Melbourne, Australia.
\_,--.x/ http://www.vicnet.net.au/~johnf/welcome.htm
v http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 27, 2006, 8:22:09 PM6/27/06
Roger Johansson wrote:

> I think that this kind of "historied structured document" is already
> used by many programmers who cooperate on a project.

I've really shocked when I've read your response.
But, now I feel thanks for your real kindness.

If you've mentioned like CSV, SVN or VSS, yes, it is similar to them.
I got a hint from SCCS, that is ancestor of version control system.
I've expanded the idea, and focused to record the thinking process.
I wish to realize to record thinking process in naturall,
automatically.
Sorry, it is a little difficult for me, to describe, even if I write in
Japanese.
My japanese friend compared, it is like fine granuarity of CVS, SVN and
VSS.

But, it seems to me that you've mentioned something else that maybe I
don't know about.
If you know the name of software you've mentioned, please teach me.
I wish to research about it.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 27, 2006, 8:38:27 PM6/27/06
L...@its.invalid wrote:
> Good sig <bg>

Thank you Lou !
I've used the signature a few times that you've suggested, but I've
felt a stress for advertising myself. So I've omitted.
I think I am a stereotype of Japanese.
It is suitable for me ?

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 27, 2006, 9:14:25 PM6/27/06
John Fitzsimons wrote:
> >My program has been listed in FWT.
> They are still going ? They used to have a newsletter one could
> subscribe to but that stopped many months ago and I presumed the site
> would follow.

Hi John,
I've received the following email from them, so I believe they are
still going.

> This is a mail from Freeware World Team.
> We are happy to inform you that we have just added your freeware program,
> Dynamic Draw Professional, into our freeware database.

> Have you thought of trying Tucows at http://www.tucows.com/ ?

I did not know the site. I've opened and found pretty cow.
But is it for shareware ?
I cannot find that it is allowed to submit freeware.

> Also, I cannot download your program. When I click the Dynamic Draw
> Professional 4.0 B1 ME link I get a file called dd4b1me.exe which is
> 478KB. NOT one that is 30.2 MB. :-(

Sorry, I suppose it is occured because I put the installer in Japanese
server.
Another person gave me a mail that said he has downloaded a crashed
file too.
I intend to prepare another download server.

> Perhaps you could consider adding some screen shots ?

Yes, I've already add on my site, but It does not seem to attract
attention.
I intend to move them to upper page.

> Also, most people have downloads as .zip files. You might consider
> that option too.

Thank you your advice. I will upload a zip file too.

Regards,
--
Masayuki Fukushiro
author of Dynamic Draw Professional

http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

Roger Johansson

Jun 27, 2006, 9:31:49 PM6/27/06

Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> > I think that this kind of "historied structured document" is already
> > used by many programmers who cooperate on a project.

> I've really shocked when I've read your response.
> But, now I feel thanks for your real kindness.

> If you've mentioned like CSV, SVN or VSS, yes, it is similar to them.
> I got a hint from SCCS, that is ancestor of version control system.
> I've expanded the idea, and focused to record the thinking process.
> I wish to realize to record thinking process in naturall,
> automatically.

> My japanese friend compared, it is like fine granuarity of CVS, SVN and
> VSS.

Your friend knows more about this than I do.

You can look at http://sourceforge.net/
that is a place for programming projects

But I am no expert in these things, I just know that such cooperation
projects exist, in many forms around the net.

Maybe if you try a newsgroup for programmers you will find such
projects more easily. Or maybe someone else here knows more than me
about programming with version control systems.

In the open source community they have much more such project control
systems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/01/29/scm_overview.html

http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html

http://ximbiot.com/cvs/

As you can see, it is a whole world of such system out there already.
Maybe it is easier to find out what other programmers are using.

--
Roger J.

Roger Johansson

Jun 27, 2006, 9:48:07 PM6/27/06
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_revision_control_software

Look at the "widely used and accepted" section of the above page

I found much more about such systems by googling for

open source version control systems

It's like a jungle of new and old systems out there, maybe better to
first decide if you like personal control over your program, or to make
it open source.

Then talk to other programmers about how to do it for that type of
licence.

It is no hurry, take your time and investigate the alternatives.

--
Roger J.

Craig

Jun 27, 2006, 9:56:59 PM6/27/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> Roger Johansson wrote:
>

>>I think that this kind of "historied structured document" is already
>>used by many programmers who cooperate on a project.
>

> If you've mentioned like CSV, SVN or VSS, yes, it is similar to them.
> I got a hint from SCCS, that is ancestor of version control system.
> I've expanded the idea, and focused to record the thinking process.
> I wish to realize to record thinking process in naturall,
> automatically.

Fukushiro;

An example of a new version control system is subversion
(subversion.tigris.org/) This is open source that is designed to
replace CVS. It was launched by Linus Torvald after years of using CVS
(a closed-source product) for his Linux kernel development.

But, it sounds as if you have developed your own version control. Have
you formalized this yet?

enjoy,
-Craig

George

Jun 27, 2006, 10:14:15 PM6/27/06
Masayuki,

If Dynamic Draw were my creation, I don't think I would release the
source code unless there was a specific advantage to do so. Most
people will be happy to use the program as freeware. However if I lost
interest in updating it, I would probably release the source code just
to keep the program alive. Releasing the source code is always
something you can do in the future but once it is released, it would be
difficult to take back. There are some folks on this forum that might
disagree, but that is my opinion.

I have to say that your knowledge of the English language is better
than you give yourself credit. I have noticed only occasional errors.
To be honest, your English writing is better than some Americans.

George

L...@its.invalid

Jun 27, 2006, 10:20:44 PM6/27/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

Sig as above is fine. Lets anyone who comes into anything you are
posting into get to your site easily. Your site tells the rest of the
story.

Lou

»Q«

Jun 27, 2006, 10:47:10 PM6/27/06
Craig <netbu...@REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in

> An example of a new version control system is subversion
> (subversion.tigris.org/) This is open source that is designed to
> replace CVS. It was launched by Linus Torvald after years of
> using CVS (a closed-source product) for his Linux kernel
> development.

CVS is open source software -- the license is the GNU GPL.

Torvalds was using the closed-source BitKeeper. He had to drop
BitKeeper after a kernel developer was accused of reverse engineering
it while working on a replacement for it -- the BitKeeper folks
withdrew permission for kernel hackers to use it free of charge.

He never used Subversion. The project he started to replace BitKeeper,
and which he's now using, is called Git. <http://git.or.cz/>

--
»Q«

Craig

Jun 27, 2006, 11:08:40 PM6/27/06
»Q« wrote:

Thanks for the correction, Q. My bad.

Fukushiro;

/Three/ examples of open source version control!
~CVS (but I guess you already know about that)
~Subversion &
~Git

regards,
-Craig

John Fitzsimons

Jun 28, 2006, 2:10:46 AM6/28/06
On 27 Jun 2006 18:14:25 -0700, "Masayuki Fukushiro"
<yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

>John Fitzsimons wrote:

Hi Masayuki,

>> >My program has been listed in FWT.
>> They are still going ? They used to have a newsletter one could
>> subscribe to but that stopped many months ago and I presumed the site
>> would follow.

>Hi John,
>I've received the following email from them, so I believe they are
>still going.

< snip >

Okay, according to....

http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/newsletter.php?l=2

"Our newsletter service is not running at the moment." :-(

>> Have you thought of trying Tucows at http://www.tucows.com/ ?

>I did not know the site. I've opened and found pretty cow.
>But is it for shareware ?

Shareware, demoware, commercialware, freeware etc. etc.

>I cannot find that it is allowed to submit freeware.

The link is at the bottom of the page.

Try ;

https://author.tucows.com/

They have dozens, if not hundreds, of (mirror) sites around the world.
I wouldn't even be surprised to find that they have a Japanese site.

< snip >

>I intend to prepare another download server.

Good. I look forward to trying it out.

>> Perhaps you could consider adding some screen shots ?

>Yes, I've already add on my site, but It does not seem to attract
>attention.
>I intend to move them to upper page.

Thank you. My win 98SE system doesn't like your videos.

>> Also, most people have downloads as .zip files. You might consider
>> that option too.

>Thank you your advice. I will upload a zip file too.

Good. Thank you.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 28, 2006, 10:04:02 AM6/28/06
Roger Johansson wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_revision_control_software
> Look at the "widely used and accepted" section of the above page
> I found much more about such systems by googling for
> open source version control systems
> It's like a jungle of new and old systems out there, maybe better to
> first decide if you like personal control over your program, or to make
> it open source.

Thank you Roger.
I've started to see them, but what a lot of information!
I've been almost lost in the version control jungle.
But Craig gave me another info.
I'll start from Subversion.

Roger Johansson wrote:
> It is no hurry, take your time and investigate the alternatives.

Yes, I should follow your suggestion.
In fact, I have a few, but troublesome task in Japan.
I do step by step.

Craig wrote:
> But, it sounds as if you have developed your own version control. Have
> you formalized this yet?

My program might be a kind of version control, but, I guess it is
different from what you think about.
My program cannot control the version of srouce code.
It control the version of thinking process.
And it is a kind of vector graphics editor.
If you have some interest, please come to my website.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 28, 2006, 10:32:15 AM6/28/06
George wrote:
> I have to say that your knowledge of the English language is better
> than you give yourself credit. I have noticed only occasional errors.
> To be honest, your English writing is better than some Americans.

Thank you George. Your message encourages me.
But, I become nervous every time when I push the "Post message" button.
I'm afraid to send a wrong message.
For example, 'You are strange' or 'You are unique', these are same if I
would say in Japanese, but in English, they are different. I do not
have such a kind of knowledge a lot.
I hope, the day I can push the 'Post message' without nervous, will
come.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 28, 2006, 10:41:24 AM6/28/06
John Fitzsimons wrote:
> On 27 Jun 2006 18:14:25 -0700, "Masayuki Fukushiro"
> <yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:
> Try ;
> https://author.tucows.com/
> They have dozens, if not hundreds, of (mirror) sites around the world.
> I wouldn't even be surprised to find that they have a Japanese site.

Thank you John, I will challenge it.
You gave me many challenges. :-)

Now, I've made ZIP file and uploaded it, on another web server.
And you can see some screenshot images in my website.
Please try it in your free time.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 28, 2006, 10:51:34 AM6/28/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:
> Thank you John, I will challenge it.
> You gave me many challenges. :-)

I've made a mistake !
I heard many sites from another John and felt sure it's you.
Sorry and thanks John and John.

--
Masayuki Fukushiro

In_Parentheses

Jun 28, 2006, 11:25:50 AM6/28/06
"Masayuki Fukushiro" <yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote in

Konnichiwa, Masayuki

So did I... My mistake was not to install the program immediately after I
downloaded it! My bad! But this is corrected now, after I've seen the
screenshots on your site!

"Domo arigato" for a beautiful and great application!

BTW: Your English is way better than the Japanese is of most of the folks
around here, mine included ;-D

--
Jay
(IP)

Steven Burn

Jun 28, 2006, 11:37:02 AM6/28/06
"In_Parentheses" <quo...@demonstrand.um> wrote in message

> BTW: Your English is way better than the Japanese is of most of the folks
> around here, mine included ;-D

... mine included also (and this is one heck of an app!)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

John Fitzsimons

Jun 28, 2006, 9:11:07 PM6/28/06
On 27 Jun 2006 17:38:27 -0700, "Masayuki Fukushiro"
<yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

>L...@its.invalid wrote:
>> Good sig <bg>

>Thank you Lou !
>I've used the signature a few times that you've suggested, but I've
>felt a stress for advertising myself.

< snip >

>Masayuki Fukushiro
>author of Dynamic Draw Professional
>http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

We know who you are now. :-)

So maybe you don't need to include your name ? Change to....

Author of Dynamic Draw Professional
http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

In any case your name is in the header of your usenet messages. Bye
the way, you should think about changing that. To avoid receiving
extra spam as a result of your posts. Some spammers harvest such info.
You could change...

<yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp>

to something like...

<REMOVEy...@asahi-net.or.jp>

Newsgroup (human) readers should know to remove the first word.
Spammer programs should not know that and send spam that gets
nowhere.

Regards, John.

John Fitzsimons

Jun 28, 2006, 9:11:07 PM6/28/06
On 28 Jun 2006 07:41:24 -0700, "Masayuki Fukushiro"
<yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

>John Fitzsimons wrote:

< snip >

>Now, I've made ZIP file and uploaded it, on another web server.
>And you can see some screenshot images in my website.
>Please try it in your free time.

Thanks Masayuki, the zip download looks okay. Now I need to find a
download site to get some "free time". :-)

Regards, John.

Roger Johansson

Jun 29, 2006, 4:14:07 AM6/29/06

Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> > Good sig <bg>

I agree.
Your sig is just fine.

Don't worry about that John Fitzsimmons, he doesn't even have a real
sig himself.

Typically you will meet the intelligent people first in a newsgroup.
Later the slow people show up with their crazy ideas.

--
Roger J.

John Fitzsimons

Jun 29, 2006, 7:41:54 PM6/29/06
On 29 Jun 2006 01:14:07 -0700, "Roger Johansson" <roge...@gmail.com>
wrote:

< snip >

>Don't worry about that John Fitzsimmons, he doesn't even have a real
>sig himself.

< snip >

Why isn't my sig a "real sig" ?

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 29, 2006, 8:02:14 PM6/29/06
In_Parentheses wrote:
> Konnichiwa, Masayuki

Hi, Jay.
And good morning, from Japan.
Thank you for trying my software.
Many people adviced me about my website.
So I've understood that screenshot is very important.
Anyway, If you think the software is good, please tell anybody around
you about it.

Yesterday, I've started to translate 'SVG exporting plug-in' from
previous Dynamic Draw.
Soon I will be able to upload it.

Steven Burn wrote:
> ... mine included also (and this is one heck of an app!)

Don't kidding me !
I never believe better than you. :-)
But I'm starting to believe my English might be better than what I
thought.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 29, 2006, 8:42:32 PM6/29/06
John Fitzsimons wrote:
> So maybe you don't need to include your name ? Change to....
> Author of Dynamic Draw Professional
> http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

Good morning John !
I've been thinking the signature over that you suggested.
Because of the remark from Roger.
And, I've decided to keep current signature.
I think the name is important and if I use the omitted style many
times, I will fail when I post another thread. It seems to be not good
to omit my name out of this.
But thank you John.

Thank you Roger for your advice.
But please don't say crazy ideas. I am happy I've felt his goodwill.

By the way, I have some question.
In some upload sites, I am required company name.
For example, the following is the case.
https://author.tucows.com/register.php
But I am freelance and I don't belong to any companies.
Is it okey to input my name instead of company name.
And what 'Company contact' means.
I thought it means the way of contact, 'by email' 'by fax' etc.
But I am not sure.

Please somebody advice me.

Regards,

Roger Johansson

Jun 29, 2006, 10:54:25 PM6/29/06

John Fitzsimons wrote:

> Why isn't my sig a "real sig" ?

You are not consistent.

Sometimes you write

Regards, John. (without a sig delimiter, so that is not a real sig)

sometime you put in a monster 5 line sig like the one below with some
kind of graphics and a lot or irrelevant crap.

> --
> ,-._|\ (A.C.F FAQ) http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/faq.html
> / Oz \ John Fitzsimons - Melbourne, Australia.
> \_,--.x/ http://www.vicnet.net.au/~johnf/welcome.htm
> v http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/

A sig should contain the name, and maybe some important information for
the discussion in question.

Masayukis sig is perfekt when he is talking about his program.
It contains his name, the fact the is the author of the program we are
talking about, and the url to the program.

I_P

Jun 30, 2006, 5:28:32 AM6/30/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

Masayuki, hi to you!

To start with the latter: You better believe it, your English is fine!

Masayuki, I have a question about something that isn't quite obvious to
me:

The screenshots on the site show something that look like symbol
libraries; however I haven't been able to find anything close in the
program (I have to admit that I didn't use the program longer than an
hour, though.)

Can you provide some information about this?

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 30, 2006, 6:18:42 AM6/30/06
Hello, I_P.

I_P wrote:
> To start with the latter: You better believe it, your English is fine!

Thank you I_P for your words and trying my software.

> The screenshots on the site show something that look like symbol
> libraries; however I haven't been able to find anything close in the
> program (I have to admit that I didn't use the program longer than an
> hour, though.)

Sorry, I should have explained in my website.
I've copied most of the screenshots from example files that are
included in a Examples folder.
You can access by the following step.
1. Push the Windows Start button.
2. Select 'Programs' > 'Dynamic Draw Professional 4' > 'Samples'
3. Example 1-3 are document files, Template XXX are template files.
Template is the library that you've mentioned.

They are in the following folders.
C:\Program files\Fukushiro Soft\Dynamic Draw4\Examples
C:\Program files\Fukushiro Soft\Dynamic Draw4\Template

Many templates are already exist, but unfortunately, they are for
Japanese.
It is not impossible to load them by the English edition, Japanese
fonts are replaced to English fonts automatically. But, the text are
still Japanese so you cannot read them.
If you wish to download them, tell me. I will prepare them.
Anyway, you can make your own library easily.
I've prepared movies.
Move the mouse pointer in the left area and rest for a second.
Soon a help window will be popuped. Then, push Shift-key and move the
mouse pointer on the movie help link and release Shift-key.
You can see how to make library.

I_P

Jun 30, 2006, 9:30:37 AM6/30/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

Hi Masayuki,

OKay, now the templates question is clear to me; thank you for the
extensive explanation!

Your movies, I am sure, are very instructive, but they require Win
MediaPlayer 9 or higher, which I don't have on my system, and won't
install on it, moving away from MS as I am.

Another question arising from this is whether there will be a "manual"
of some kind, or a more extensive help-file, in the future?

Regards
--

Jay
(IP)

John Fitzsimons

Jun 30, 2006, 8:40:30 PM6/30/06
On 29 Jun 2006 17:42:32 -0700, "Masayuki Fukushiro"
<yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

>John Fitzsimons wrote:

>> So maybe you don't need to include your name ? Change to....
>> Author of Dynamic Draw Professional
>> http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

>Good morning John !
>I've been thinking the signature over that you suggested.
>Because of the remark from Roger.
>And, I've decided to keep current signature.
>I think the name is important and if I use the omitted style many
>times, I will fail when I post another thread. It seems to be not good
>to omit my name out of this.
>But thank you John.

Nobody said your name isn't important. What does the first line above
say ? Isn't that your name ? If your name wasn't in your sig then
people still know who you are.

Do whatever you like. I was simply responding to your " I'vefelt a
stress for advertising myself." comment.

>Thank you Roger for your advice.
>But please don't say crazy ideas. I am happy I've felt his goodwill.

Don't worry about Roger. He just wanted an opportunity to be nasty.

>By the way, I have some question.
>In some upload sites, I am required company name.
>For example, the following is the case.
>https://author.tucows.com/register.php
>But I am freelance and I don't belong to any companies.
>Is it okey to input my name instead of company name.

I would think so but if you want to be 100% certain you could email
them and ask them.

>And what 'Company contact' means.
>I thought it means the way of contact, 'by email' 'by fax' etc.
>But I am not sure.

I would think that would be the name of the person they need to talk
to about a software submission. In this case yourself. The fax etc.
info is further down that form.

>Please somebody advice me.

>Regards,

Regards, John.

John Fitzsimons

Jun 30, 2006, 8:40:30 PM6/30/06
On 29 Jun 2006 19:54:25 -0700, "Roger Johansson" <roge...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>John Fitzsimons wrote:

>> Why isn't my sig a "real sig" ?

>You are not consistent.

So what ? One doesn't have to have the same sig every time they post
to have a "real sig".

>Sometimes you write

>Regards, John. (without a sig delimiter, so that is not a real sig)

Fine, did I say "Regards, John" was a "real sig" ?

>sometime you put in a monster 5 line sig

A "real sig" is often longer than 5 lines. An "acceptable" sig is
usually considered to be 6 lines, or less.

>like the one below with some
>kind of graphics

Guess you haven't heard of a place called Australia eh ? Maybe you
should be considering spending time in a geography class than looking
for non existent faults in people's signatures ?

>>and a lot or irrelevant crap.

If you aren't interested in someone's signature file then ignore it.

>> ,-._|\ (A.C.F FAQ) http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/faq.html
>> / Oz \ John Fitzsimons - Melbourne, Australia.
>> \_,--.x/ http://www.vicnet.net.au/~johnf/welcome.htm
>> v http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/

>A sig should contain the name,

I usually sign my posts. There is no need to put my name twice.

>and maybe some important information for
>the discussion in question.

The sig contains a link to the alt.comp.freeware FAQs. That is
relevant to ACF readers. If you want to ignore that then that's fine
by me.

>Masayukis sig is perfekt

< snip >

A matter of opinion. Looks like you need to learn to spell English
too. Not just geography.

Regards, John.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 30, 2006, 10:14:03 PM6/30/06
I_P wrote:
> Another question arising from this is whether there will be a "manual"
> of some kind, or a more extensive help-file, in the future?

Good morning, Jay.
I did not notice I_P = Jay.

To explain the operations by movies are effective for users, and for
me.
I spent only several days to make movies. If I make by HTML, I'll spend
more than a month.
It is hard for me.
But I feel I should make an extensive help. Because I've prepared the
no movies version.
Maybe, I will. But sorry I cannot promise anything about it.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jun 30, 2006, 10:34:03 PM6/30/06
John Fitzsimons wrote:
> Do whatever you like. I was simply responding to your " I'vefelt a
> stress for advertising myself." comment.

Now I understand completely why you've suggested. Thanks.

John Fitzsimons wrote:
> Don't worry about Roger. He just wanted an opportunity to be nasty.

You two seem to have known each other for a long time ?
I'm sorry my signature trigger and you dispute each other.
But, the fact that two native speakers have quite different ideas about
the signature, is interesting. It suggests me that I do not have to be
so nervous about the signature.

John Fitzsimons wrote:
> I would think so but if you want to be 100% certain you could email
> them and ask them.
> >And what 'Company contact' means.

> I would think that would be the name of the person they need to talk
> to about a software submission. In this case yourself.

I see. Thank you John !

Regards,
--
Masayuki Fukushiro
author of Dynamic Draw Professional
http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

»Q«

Jul 1, 2006, 12:29:40 AM7/1/06
"Roger Johansson" <roge...@gmail.com> wrote in

> A sig should contain the name, and maybe some important
> information for the discussion in question.

The sig should /not/ contain important information for the discussion
at hand. Any such information should be in the body of the post,
before the sig.

--
»Q«

Craig

Jul 1, 2006, 1:01:01 AM7/1/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> But, the fact that two native speakers have quite different ideas about
> the signature, is interesting. It suggests me that I do not have to be
> so nervous about the signature.

That is a very sage interpretation.

regards,
-Craig

Roger Johansson

Jul 1, 2006, 3:32:31 AM7/1/06

»Q« wrote:

> > A sig should contain the name, and maybe some important
> > information for the discussion in question.

> The sig should /not/ contain important information for the discussion
> at hand. Any such information should be in the body of the post,
> before the sig.

I can use different sigs, depending on which newsgroup I am in and
depending on what issue is discussed.

If I talk about industrial control and regulation in an electronics
newsgroup I can use this sig:

--
Roger Johansson
Civil Engineer in industrial electronics.

if I participate in a swedish newsgroup about philosophy:

--
Roger, Förste talare, mänsklighetens ledare.

The sig should present the writer, telling the others who he is,
especially in reference to the issue at hand.

If I participate in a discussion about butterflies or about cooking
pancakes nobody needs to know that I am a civil engineer in
electronics, because in that context it is irrelevant information.

That's why Masayuki's sig is perfect when he talks about his program.
It gives his name, who he is in the context of the program we are
talking about, he is the author, it also gives the url to the program
we are talking about. And all of that in three neat lines. Nothing is
too much, there is no useless info we do not need.

--
Masayuki Fukushiro
author of Dynamic Draw Professional
http://www.dynamicdraw.com/

It is like a japanese garden. Everything is there for a reason, and
there is no extra stuff which is not needed.

--
Roger J.

I_P

Jul 1, 2006, 6:12:22 AM7/1/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> I_P wrote:
> > Another question arising from this is whether there will be a
> > "manual" of some kind, or a more extensive help-file, in the future?
>
> Good morning, Jay.
> I did not notice I_P = Jay.
>
> To explain the operations by movies are effective for users, and for
> me.
> I spent only several days to make movies. If I make by HTML, I'll
> spend more than a month.
> It is hard for me.
> But I feel I should make an extensive help. Because I've prepared the
> no movies version.
> Maybe, I will. But sorry I cannot promise anything about it.
>
> Regards,

Good Evening, Masayuki

Yes, I noticed that in a few posts my sig disappeared... Must look into
that, but not today (way too hot here!)

About the manual/help file: Fair enough, but if you need help in
compiling, or proofreading, a page or a help file I am sure you'll find
very helpful people around here, me included ;-) (a "Ping I_P") would
be enough!!!

Have a good day (and a bit cooler than it is here)

--
Jay
(IP)

meow...@care2.com

Jul 1, 2006, 5:56:01 PM7/1/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> Vector graphics editor. Useful for making flowcharts, line drawings,
> org charts, buttons, etc. Object-oriented drawing and design program.

I dont know what are 'org charts.' Is that correct?

> And, what I should write in my website about the following ?
>
> > George and Roger Johansson
> > You may redistribute Dynamic Draw Professional as long
> > as as it is not sold and remains freware.
>
> meow2 has adviced me, but sorry, I cannot understand exactly.
> I don't mind that the program is listed in other sites, included in cd
> compilatoins.
> I mind if somebody sell it 'Dynamic Draw 100$ !!'.
> Not because of money ( to tell the truth, a little pity the money ),
> but I am afraid that it cause misunderstanding to users that the
> program charges price and they demand full suport of the program.
>
> If somebody have a good idea, suggest me please.

An example freeware eula for you...

Copyright 2003-2006 Masayuki Fukushiro. All rights reserved.

By using or installing Dynamic Draw software you agree to the
following:

1. You may use this program for personal, non-profit or business use.
You agree your use of it is entirely at your own risk, even if the
author has been advised of any defect with the software.

2. This software may not be used in cricital systems, where failure
might endanger life.

3. You may distribute this program alone or bundled with other
software, subject to the following conditions:
a) The software package is not modified in any way, and includes this
license file.
b) You may charge a reasonable price for the cost of media but no more.

4. Use of the program does not entitle you to any form of support, nor
to any right to the use of any other version of Dynamic Draw.

explained...
'copyright' establishes your ownership of content.
'All rights reserved.' tells people they cant use or distribute it
outside of the terms you give them.
1. prevents you being sued if someone uses it for profit and misses a
deadline because a bug occurs.
2. prevents you being sued if some idiot manages to put the software on
a critical computer system and someone dies as a result
3. informs people they can distribute it, but not make a profit from
it.
4. Makes it clear its not your job to help people with their problems,
and that you dont owe them any other software.

IANAL so you cant sue me if it proves inadequte for you. IRL legal
eulas are quite complex, and no mention has been made of jurisdictoin
and so on, but the above is free and almost sure to cover enough ground
for personal freeware.

Ohhh... we need a version with no movies! For what I'm doing it will be
not be used if it has movies included.

Roger:
>We know such a person who recently tried to re-name
>the Opera web browser and distribute it as his own.

thats hilarious. Whos nuts enough to think they could get away with
that?

NT

In_Parentheses

Jul 1, 2006, 6:30:36 PM7/1/06
meow...@care2.com wrote in news:1151790961.846113.129570
@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Meow2

Org charts: Organizational schematics, like a flowchart of an
organization...

You claim no jurisdiction is ever mentioned in freeware EULA's, this is
not quite true, I have seen a couple of them. I can look them up and
quote here on behalf of Masayuki.

I absolutely agree with you on the "No movies" version, may it be for
different reasons.

About renaming opera and distribute it as his own: The Fuzz? ;-D

--
Jay
(IP)

Steven Burn

Jul 1, 2006, 6:33:53 PM7/1/06
<meow...@care2.com> wrote in message
<snip>

> Ohhh... we need a version with no movies! For what I'm doing it will be
> not be used if it has movies included.
</snip>

There's already a version without the vid's ;o)

**********************************
*2. Dynamic Draw Professional 4.0 without help movies + 4.92 MB.
+ Self-extracting WinRAR file.
http://molips.web.infoseek.co.jp/lib/dd4b1mes.exe

4. Dynamic Draw Professional 4.0 without help movies + 5.68 MB.
+ ZIP file.
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~yt3m-fksr/dd4b1mes.zip

**********************************

* Should actually be 3 ..... but thats nit-picking.

> Roger:
> >We know such a person who recently tried to re-name
> >the Opera web browser and distribute it as his own.
>
> thats hilarious. Whos nuts enough to think they could get away with
> that?

Unless I'm mistaken, it was aafuss ........

I am curious about one aspect of this app though. Whats the diff between the
DD and DDP versions?

John Fitzsimons

Jul 1, 2006, 6:50:49 PM7/1/06
On 30 Jun 2006 19:14:03 -0700, "Masayuki Fukushiro"
<yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

< snip >

>To explain the operations by movies are effective for users, and for
>me.

Not for those of us not able to see the movies.

>I spent only several days to make movies. If I make by HTML, I'll spend
>more than a month.

Until you can create a better help file perhaps you could consider a
.pdf version ? I am sure someone here would know how to make some
of your movie frames into .pdfs.

Regards, John.

Roger Johansson

Jul 1, 2006, 11:27:53 PM7/1/06

meow...@care2.com wrote:

> Roger:
> >We know such a person who recently tried to re-name
> >the Opera web browser and distribute it as his own.

> thats hilarious. Whos nuts enough to think they could get away with
> that?

"Coming with Babya System '06 & Babya bSuite '07 is Babya Discoverer
12.5, a improved version of the popular Babya browser and RSS viewer.

Babya Discoverer Extreme 12.5 is a all-new edition based on Opera
Software's Opera browser and is one of the first Babya applications
that runs on both PowerPC Macs & Windows .

Babya Discoverer Extreme 12.5 is a more powerful, feature packed &
secure browser designed for novices and pros.

Like with Babya Discoverer-you get tabbed browsing & RSS, but you also
now get the below new or enhanced features in Babya Discoverer Extreme

12.5 :"

This signature afuss has for years taken software from different
sources and put his own name on on it, repackaged it in his own wrapper

and distributed it, and he has been criticized a lot both for his
methods and for his spamming of newsgroups with his messages about his
software.

After some discussing in the Opera newsgroup it became clear that it
was based on a misunderstanding. It is allowed to customize the Opera
browser and distribute the customized version of Opera, but this guy
aafuss thought he could rename it to something completely different and
distribute it as it was his own software.

He often does similar things with software which he thinks is free so
he can do that.

He is not a criminal, he is just really stupid and young, so he
balances on the line of what is legal all the time, and his behavior is
very unethical, but seldom really illegal.

I haven't heard anything more about "his" browser so I guess the Opera
company just told him he can't do that.

He is a well known person here and every time he shows up with a new
program we ask him who's code he has stolen (or unethically acquired)
this time.

If he had said: "This is the Opera web browser, customized by me", it
would have been okay, the Opera company allows that.

That's why it is wise to say in the license that this program can be
freely distributed, but you may not change the name of the program and
you may not remove the licence text.

--
Roger J.

meow...@care2.com

Jul 2, 2006, 4:07:44 AM7/2/06

Interesting story. I guess it had to be a youngster. Fuelled by ego or
profit?

NT

meow...@care2.com

Jul 2, 2006, 4:09:46 AM7/2/06
In_Parentheses wrote:

> Org charts: Organizational schematics, like a flowchart of an
> organization...

I'm discovering more types of charts than I ever knew existed

> You claim no jurisdiction is ever mentioned in freeware EULA's, this is

I tihnk you must have misread.

NT

wyrwolf

Jul 2, 2006, 4:19:13 AM7/2/06
"Masayuki Fukushiro" <yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote in
<snip>

> By the way, I have some question.
> In some upload sites, I am required company name.
> For example, the following is the case.
> https://author.tucows.com/register.php
> But I am freelance and I don't belong to any companies.
> Is it okey to input my name instead of company name.

short answer is "yes"
However, you should consider having a company name - it does not need to
be registered or anything...it can be anything you can make up (but
avoid having the same as large corporations for obvious reasons)
it can be a Studio name if you want - it is just to distinguish you-the-
person from you-the-business(or creative)-entity
for example, my name is "Bob C.", my creative persona is "wyrwolf" (also
my nick), and my company is "cheshire" (or sometimes "cheshire studio")
it's just like keeping separate track of home-business expenses

--
The Lurkers Creed
'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool...

Roger Johansson

Jul 2, 2006, 5:05:20 AM7/2/06

wyrwolf wrote:
> "Masayuki Fukushiro" <yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote in
> <snip>
> > By the way, I have some question.
> > In some upload sites, I am required company name.
> > For example, the following is the case.
> > https://author.tucows.com/register.php
> > But I am freelance and I don't belong to any companies.
> > Is it okey to input my name instead of company name.

> short answer is "yes"

I agree. In many programs or internet places you are to write your name
and your company or organisation. That is just an extra identification.
There can be more people with the same name, so you just invent a
company or organisation name which makes it easier to identify you.

I often use the company name Utopia, for example, it makes it easier
for people to remember me, Roger at Utopia. But there is no real
company behind it.

I actually own a real company too, an electronics company, but I never
use that in internet identification, that is kind of private matters.

> However, you should consider having a company name - it does not need to
> be registered or anything...it can be anything you can make up (but
> avoid having the same as large corporations for obvious reasons)

In many countries you are not allowed to use a stockholder company
title unless you really own one, so do not add stuff like "limited",
"Trading", or other official acronyms or titles.

But just a word like "Drawings" is safe, it doesn't say anything about
the legal status of it. It could be a club you have made up with your
brother, or a fantasy name you like to use, or whatever. Or use your
initials as company name, MF, for example.

Or MF Drawing, for example.

Don't use names like "Volvo and Co limited", or "MF Trading company"
because that could be illegal to use.

--
Roger J.

I_P

Jul 2, 2006, 6:55:26 AM7/2/06
meow...@care2.com wrote:

Hi NT,

> In_Parentheses wrote:
>
> > Org charts: Organizational schematics, like a flowchart of an
> > organization...
>
> I'm discovering more types of charts than I ever knew existed

<grin> So do I... But will I ever use them?

> > You claim no jurisdiction is ever mentioned in freeware EULA's,
> > this is
>
> I tihnk you must have misread.

Could be however, even after re-reading, it still say the same to me!

--
Jay
(IP)

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jul 2, 2006, 10:10:16 AM7/2/06
I'm surprised that so many folks have responded kindly, while I spent
Sunday with daughters.

I_P wrote:
> About the manual/help file: Fair enough, but if you need help in
> compiling, or proofreading, a page or a help file I am sure you'll find
> very helpful people around here, me included ;-) (a "Ping I_P") would
> be enough!!!

Thank you I_P.
I've already noticed that there are many kindful and helpful people
here. Of course you included.

John Fitzsimons wrote:
> Until you can create a better help file perhaps you could consider a
> .pdf version ? I am sure someone here would know how to make some
> of your movie frames into .pdfs.

I've extracted one frame from the movie and saved it as PNG.
I've expected that the file size would become very small, but the size
of PNG is not so small.
Now I understand that it is impossible to attach the extracted images
to the installer instead of the movies.
So, PDF version sounds good idea. Even PDF, the size will become large
too, but we can download it at one time.

Thanks to John,

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jul 2, 2006, 10:49:10 AM7/2/06
Hi, meow2
meow2 wrote:

> 1. You may use this program for personal, non-profit or business use.
> You agree your use of it is entirely at your own risk, even if the
> author has been advised of any defect with the software.

I cannot understand the following sentence.
'even if the author has been advised of any defect'
It might be 'has not adviced' ?

> 'copyright' establishes your ownership of content.
> 'All rights reserved.' tells people they cant use or distribute it
> outside of the terms you give them.

I had used 'copyright' and ''All rights reserved' several times.
But, to tell the truth, I did not know what they mean.
Now it become clear. Thanks!

> b) You may charge a reasonable price for the cost of media but no more.

I think this is the one what I've required.

In_Parentheses wrote:
> You claim no jurisdiction is ever mentioned in freeware EULA's, this is

> not quite true, I have seen a couple of them. I can look them up and
> quote here on behalf of Masayuki.

Thank you IP.
License issues are too difficult for me. (with sigh..

Steven Burn

Jul 2, 2006, 11:01:13 AM7/2/06
"Masayuki Fukushiro" <yt3m...@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote in message

> Hi, meow2
> meow2 wrote:
>
> > 1. You may use this program for personal, non-profit or business use.
> > You agree your use of it is entirely at your own risk, even if the
> > author has been advised of any defect with the software.
>
> I cannot understand the following sentence.
> 'even if the author has been advised of any defect'
> It might be 'has not adviced' ?

This part means, even if a user advises you of a serious and/or minor
problem with the program, the risks of use are the users - you will and
cannot be held liable for damages, loss of data etc etc that may occur.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jul 2, 2006, 11:13:22 AM7/2/06

meow2 wrote:
> Interesting story. I guess it had to be a youngster.

I agree. It's a interesting story and I've never heard such kind of
trouble.
I know that sometimes bad person steal source code, but his case is
binary.

> That's why it is wise to say in the license that this program can be
> freely distributed, but you may not change the name of the program and
> you may not remove the licence text.

I see. Thank you Roger.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jul 2, 2006, 11:43:32 AM7/2/06
Steven Burn wrote:
> There's already a version without the vid's ;o)

Thank you Steven.

> I am curious about one aspect of this app though. Whats the diff between the
> DD and DDP versions?

DDP (DynamicDrawPro) can do everything what DD can do.
In addition to that, DDP records every operations that the user has
been doing and save it as a file. (As a directory, exactly)
The following figure will be helpful to understand.
http://molips.web.infoseek.co.jp/ddpro/ddproimg1.png
At the right side of the window, a structure of documents is displayed.
Each vertical line is a history of the operations.
By using HistoryManager, you can extract a shot document from the
document structure.
For example, you run HistoryManager and open the Searching Pannel, and
input 'May 5 2006' then a shot image of the time will be displayed
immediately. Of course you can export the shot as DD document or PNG,
JPG,etc.
And you can make a new branch from anywhere you like. You can open the
new branch by DDP and stack operations on it.

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jul 2, 2006, 12:07:05 PM7/2/06
Roger Johansson wrote:
> I agree. In many programs or internet places you are to write your name
> and your company or organisation. That is just an extra identification.
> There can be more people with the same name, so you just invent a
> company or organisation name which makes it easier to identify you.

Thank you wyrwolf and Roger.
I follow your advice. I'll make my own company name.
Before submitting to website, I will ask for folks to make sure that
the name is not 'abnormal'.
I can check formal words but I cannot check slang.
I do not want to be remembered like 'Masayuki at Shitland'.

Roger Johansson

Jul 2, 2006, 12:18:40 PM7/2/06

Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> Thank you wyrwolf and Roger.
> I follow your advice. I'll make my own company name.

The easiest and most natural is to use the name of your program.

Dynamicdraw

It is probably rather unique and has no negative meanings.

--
Roger J.

meow...@care2.com

Jul 2, 2006, 1:19:35 PM7/2/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

> Thank you wyrwolf and Roger.
> I follow your advice. I'll make my own company name.
> Before submitting to website, I will ask for folks to make sure that
> the name is not 'abnormal'.
> I can check formal words but I cannot check slang.
> I do not want to be remembered like 'Masayuki at Shitland'.
>
> Regards,

spoilsport!

NT

meow...@care2.com

Jul 2, 2006, 1:26:02 PM7/2/06
Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:
> Hi, meow2
> meow2 wrote:

> > 1. You may use this program for personal, non-profit or business use.
> > You agree your use of it is entirely at your own risk, even if the
> > author has been advised of any defect with the software.
>
> I cannot understand the following sentence.
> 'even if the author has been advised of any defect'
> It might be 'has not adviced' ?

no.

> License issues are too difficult for me. (with sigh..

thats why I wrote you one. Its freeware.

NT

Masayuki Fukushiro

Jul 2, 2006, 9:21:16 PM7/2/06

meow2 wrote:
> > It might be 'has not adviced' ?

> no.

Thank you Steven and meow2.
I've understood.

meow2 wrote:
> spoilsport!

Oh, sorry. I've just tried to been joking. But it seems too cold.
Difficult, difficult..
But it is true that I do not want to choose a strange name.
I had failed in name when I released the previous version of Dynamic
Draw.

Maybe Roger's advice will be best for me.
'Dynamicdraw'

wyrwolf

Jul 3, 2006, 7:12:54 AM7/3/06

> Thank you wyrwolf and Roger.

> I do not want to be remembered like 'Masayuki at Shitland'.

Gotta admit that would certainly be memorable though! <G>

aafuss

Jul 4, 2006, 3:51:51 PM7/4/06

Masayuki Fukushiro wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for Dynamic Draw-I'm a Mac user, but use Darwine to run Win
apps-maybe yours will work. Will report back.