Registry Cleaner w/ Command-line options

Jonathon Davis

Jul 4, 2007, 10:50:50 AM7/4/07
I'm looking for a freeware program (including free for commercial use)
that can be executed via command line that has an option to
automatically scan and clean the registry in a silent mode, that is,
without anything popping up, such as a splash screen or GUI. I want
this to automate regular registry cleans.

Thanks in advance!

jm...@webace.com.au

Jul 4, 2007, 8:09:16 PM7/4/07

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner
http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm
4) Add command line options. "-cleanonce" will run the software be
unattended. Than scan and repair registry issue. After repairing, the
software will be exited. For example: "C:\Program Files\Eusing Free
Registry Cleaner\Regcleaner.exe -cleanonce".

jm...@webace.com.au

Jul 4, 2007, 8:23:24 PM7/4/07
On Jul 4, 10:50 pm, Jonathon Davis <t3hpwn...@gmail.com> wrote:

Another to look at.

SBMAV Disk Cleaner Lite
http://www.dirfile.com/sbmav_disk_cleaner_lite.htm
A powerful tool for cleaning out the cobwebs of useless information
clogging your system. SBMAV Disk Cleaner searches for and deletes
temporary files and folders created by Windows and other applications.
It also searches for invalid links to deleted documents. The program
is easy to operate for first time users. The disk cleaning process can
also be launched automatically by command-line to save you time.
Platform: Win98,WinME,WinXP,Windows2000,Windows2003.

Jonathon Davis

Jul 5, 2007, 6:36:16 PM7/5/07
Thanks j.

I've tried Eusing, but it displays a registration box until you buy a
license, even if you run the program via command-line with -cleanonce.
I also looked at the SBMAV Disk Cleaner Lite and saw that it is also
non-free.

Can anyone else suggest a free (including for commercial use) registry
cleaner that can be completely run from command-line, without a
registration window popping up?

charles

Jul 6, 2007, 8:31:10 AM7/6/07

The last free version of JV Power Tools (1.3.0.95) included a
scripting language that ran a lot of the program in automatic mode.
The scripting was fairly extensive if I recall and probably would do
what you're looking for.

I don't have a current link for the program but am sure you can find
it.