Google, YouTube and ToR; Internet Repression And Censorship

1 view

Ari Silverstein

Sep 5, 2010, 2:44:04 AM9/5/10
What started as video conference joke has become a project that has
exposed one thing and put into question a gaggle of others.

The data PooseyII collecting is conclusive and suggestive. All
comments here or Wilders is requested.

Nomen Nescio

Sep 5, 2010, 3:05:58 AM9/5/10
In article <8egshk...@mid.individual.net>

Ari Silverstein <AriSilv...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What started as video conference joke has become a project that has
> exposed one thing and put into question a gaggle of others.
>
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181

They shut me off months ago when I setup an account with TOR, then
accessed it with TOR.

Message has been deleted

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 5, 2010, 6:02:23 AM9/5/10

> All comments here or Wilders is requested.

You're a stupid prick

za kAT

Sep 5, 2010, 6:27:09 AM9/5/10
On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 02:44:04 -0400, Ari Silverstein wrote:

> The data PooseyII collecting is conclusive and suggestive.

Google have zero percent interest in supplying anonymous email accounts
accessed over Tor, and 100% interest in avoiding any whiff of bad PR over
their accounts being hacked.

Aggregate together any of the following, the likelihood of timeouts re
logins on slow, and lossy Tor networks, Tor connections appearing from
diverse geographical locations, the fact the connecting IP is a Tor exit
node anyways, plus all the other legitimate reasons I haven't thought of,
and it's little wonder something is flagging up a Google central.

--
za...@pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!

Ari Silverstein

Sep 5, 2010, 3:48:45 PM9/5/10

Wilders shut you down through ToR? Was it because of ToR or multiple
IP logins?

Typically, these vBulletin® forums have automatic or manual (with or
without alerts) admin mechanisms that can shut down multiple IP logins
and/or refuse to allow stated IP addresses. ToR exit nodes are
published. Proxy IP addresses can be easily obtained. Both could then
be imported.

It's their forum, they can do as they please. I gots me an "Ari
Silverstein" forger on there. *LOL*
--
“Looking Above and Beyond the Ramp: A Study of Buffalo Students’
Attitudes toward Alternative Modes of Transportation"

Ari Silverstein

Sep 5, 2010, 3:51:44 PM9/5/10
On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:09:50 +0000 (UTC), p wrote:

> Ari Silverstein <AriSilv...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> This is of course, just the beginning. Google will become
> synonymous with Big Brother and control of users/profiling of
> users.

The closer they tie themselves to government acquired data, the more
data mining can be accomplished, the greater the threat is that your
privacy will eventually be /totally/ eroded.

> Of course when scumbags are allowed to operate Tor nodes,as
> they are, this gives the gov/and gov affilated corps like
> Google extra incentive to become facist in their actions.

What a reach. lol

Nomen Nescio

Sep 5, 2010, 9:25:08 PM9/5/10
In article <8eiagt...@mid.individual.net>

Ari Silverstein <AriSilv...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 09:05:58 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
> > In article <8egshk...@mid.individual.net>
> > Ari Silverstein <AriSilv...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> What started as video conference joke has become a project that has
> >> exposed one thing and put into question a gaggle of others.
> >>
> >> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181
> >
> > They shut me off months ago when I setup an account with TOR, then
> > accessed it with TOR.
>
> Wilders shut you down through ToR? Was it because of ToR or multiple
> IP logins?

Sorry to be confusing. It was Gmail that shut my account down.

Ari Silverstein

Sep 6, 2010, 12:30:22 AM9/6/10

No problem. Did you use ToR and how long until they shut you down? Did
they ask for you to verify the account?

Nomen Nescio

Sep 6, 2010, 1:20:06 AM9/6/10
In article <8ej92u...@mid.individual.net>

Ari Silverstein <AriSilv...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 03:25:08 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
> > In article <8eiagt...@mid.individual.net>
> > Ari Silverstein <AriSilv...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Wilders shut you down through ToR? Was it because of ToR or multiple
> >> IP logins?
> >
> > Sorry to be confusing. It was Gmail that shut my account down.
>
> No problem. Did you use ToR and how long until they shut you down? Did
> they ask for you to verify the account?

I setup the account via TOR. After logging out from setting it up, I
logged in again via TOR but found myself locked out. The error page
it suggested I check listed several possible causes for being locked
out, including (something close to) 'actual or percieved access of
the service using unapproved software.'

I had to use my cell phone to get it back on, which I did, but I
abandon the account at that point.

I've mentioned this here before, but there are other with no problems
using TOR with gmail.

Ari Silverstein

Sep 6, 2010, 3:37:47 AM9/6/10
On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 07:20:06 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:

> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181

Backs what PooseyII is saying.

PouseyII

Sep 7, 2010, 9:19:04 AM9/7/10
On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 03:37:47 -0400, Ari Silverstein wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 07:20:06 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181
>
> Backs what PooseyII is saying.
>
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181

It could be pure coincidence; that is getting to be the least likely
scenario in my opinion. Is Google crosstracking the YouTube activity, the
subscriptions to the marijuana user's page, the ToR IP addreses when that
page is accessed and then banning ToR?

PooseyII
--
read sci.med.cardiology and become a top cardiologist by osmosis
http://groups.google.com.au/group/sci.crypt/msg/25f23eda61f05b9a

Ari Silverstein

Sep 8, 2010, 11:10:03 AM9/8/10
On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 03:37:47 -0400, Ari Silverstein wrote:

> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=281181

Looks like YouTube has taken it upon itself to discriminate against
medical marijuana by denying access to a well documented grow site via
ToR. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on. With the horse's hyooge
dick.

Google in like kind is dumping accounts that are accessed via ToR,
After the YouTube horse's dick is nice and all spermied wet, fuck them
with it too.

PouseyII

Sep 9, 2010, 6:41:53 AM9/9/10

After all ToR access was shutoff to one, specific YouTube user, after being
informed by us, the user complained to both Gmail and YouTube. The user is
a high profile, medical marijuana farmer who has been arrested in 2009. He
is an outspoken activist for the removal of Federal sanctions on all uses
of hemp and has uploaded over 300 videos in the last three months regarding
the cultivation of marijuana indoors. The result of his complaints was
classic censorship.

I don't know of any privacy advocate with a working knowledge and
understanding of how ToR works, and from where it originated, that believes
that supercomputing users as ToR exit nodes do not exist. Rather the
reverse. The universal question is how many exist as functions of
governments not if they exist.

--
read sci.med.cardiology and become a cardiologist like Ari by osmosis
http://groups.google.com.au/group/sci.crypt/msg/25f23eda61f05b9a