Challenge: creating a freeware symbol

Vegard Krog Petersen

Nov 7, 2004, 5:43:20 AM11/7/04

A challenge to the creative/artistic members of the group:

What about making a freeware symbol or logo?

We could use it on our sites or perhaps in freeware programs?
What about a 32x32 freeware icon, and banners (88x31, 234x60)

:-)

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

My sites:
Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html
Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html
Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/index.html
My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/index.html
Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no

miskairal

Nov 7, 2004, 10:20:39 PM11/7/04
Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:

> A challenge to the creative/artistic members of the group:
>
> What about making a freeware symbol or logo?
>
> We could use it on our sites or perhaps in freeware programs?
> What about a 32x32 freeware icon, and banners (88x31, 234x60)
>
> :-)
>
> regards from vegard

I like this idea but don't have an artistic bone in my body :)

James A. Smith

Nov 8, 2004, 12:38:21 AM11/8/04
hmm and would have to make it GPL/LGPL license or public domain.

and then you would get into the whole "what" is freeware debate again as to
"who" could use it.

lol ; - )

--
James A. Smith
http://www.jastek.net

"miskairal" <mehi...@invalid.com> wrote in message

Doc

Nov 8, 2004, 3:41:21 AM11/8/04
Vegard Krog Petersen <vegard_kro...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> What about .... and banners (88x31, 234x60)

Banner free here, both those sizes already blocked :)

--
Adware/malware/spyware free since 1996, using IE and OE.

Vegard Krog Petersen

Nov 8, 2004, 6:11:18 AM11/8/04

Me neither! :-)

What about The Freeware World Team's "Freeware Faerie":
http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/links.php

Could it be expanded upon?

regards from

Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway

My sites:
Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html

Halma & Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html

Gabriele Neukam

Nov 8, 2004, 1:50:09 PM11/8/04
On that special day, Vegard Krog Petersen,
(vegard_kro...@hotmail.com) said...

> What about The Freeware World Team's "Freeware Faerie":
> http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/links.php

How about an eagle (I cannot imagine how a faerie can be squished into a
picture, the size of an icon)

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spam...@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

Dan Glybitz

Nov 8, 2004, 9:52:41 PM11/8/04

"Vegard Krog Petersen" <vegard_kro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> A challenge to the creative/artistic members of the group:
>
> What about making a freeware symbol or logo?
>
> We could use it on our sites or perhaps in freeware programs?
> What about a 32x32 freeware icon, and banners (88x31, 234x60)

How about 3?. That is, the number 3 and the symbol ?. The 3 sounds like free
(well it does if you grew up in London!) and ware sounds like where which is
a question!! Hence freeware = 3?.

DG.

--
"Probably the worst concept I've imagined, like, ever. Actually."

CHarneyCHRIS

Nov 8, 2004, 10:07:23 PM11/8/04
what about a side view of a open hand,sitting on the open hand is a
present/gift( a squareshape with a bow attached)

S Yanoff

Nov 8, 2004, 11:51:44 PM11/8/04
Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:
> What about making a freeware symbol or logo?

I'm not too artistic, either.
What about a dollar sign with a circle around it and a line through it.
You know, one of those signs that means "no"...as in...costs no money.
It could be made small enough (16 x 16) to be used as a favicon for a
website even.

Cheers,
-Scott

miskairal

Nov 11, 2004, 11:16:05 PM11/11/04
Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:

> A challenge to the creative/artistic members of the group:
>
> What about making a freeware symbol or logo?
>
> We could use it on our sites or perhaps in freeware programs?
> What about a 32x32 freeware icon, and banners (88x31, 234x60)
>
> :-)
>
> regards from vegard

Well I quite like all 3 of the ideas put forward but I think the $ sign
with the circle and slash through it would be the best for replication
purposes ie.icon usage/button usage.

Anyone think this is a good idea?