Re: Need Context Menu Editor

Message has been deleted

RoseW

Jul 6, 2005, 12:53:23 PM7/6/05
In news:i0rnc1tvimf1l230p...@4ax.com,
Bob Adkins <bo...@charter.net> typed:
| I lost a little program that adds functionality to the Windows context
| menu.
|

| Problem is, I can't remember the name. :(
|
| They mystery program added a line to the context menu that allowed
adding
| an d removing items. It organized items that were already in the
context
| menu, and showed their icons. It also made it easier to associate
files.

| Does anyone know the name program I'm talking about?
|
| -- Bob

Is it this one?
www: http://www.max2k.com
FileMenu v1.00
Copyright ©2003-2004 by Max2k
1. Description
Add/Delete an entry for the files right click menu.

RoseW

dadiOH

Jul 6, 2005, 1:36:26 PM7/6/05
Bob Adkins wrote:
> I lost a little program that adds functionality to the Windows
> context menu.
>

> Problem is, I can't remember the name. :(
>
> They mystery program added a line to the context menu that allowed
> adding an d removing items. It organized items that were already in
> the context menu, and showed their icons. It also made it easier to
> associate files.
>
> Does anyone know the name program I'm talking about?

No but the ultimate program for adding & organizing context menus is
FastExplorer.
http://thesoftpro.tripod.com/downloads/fe/

For removing existing ones, there is nothing wrong with the built in
Windows one...
Start>Settings>Folder options>File Types
A more user friendly one is ContextEdit.
http://www.ramlende.com/utilities.html

Another - more like the built in Windows method but better - is File
Association Editor.
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/rhaminisys/

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

derek / nul

Jul 6, 2005, 6:34:45 PM7/6/05
README for Context Magic version 1.1
April 24, 2004
(c) 2001-2003 ConextMagic.com. All rights reserved.

1. Description
2. Licensing
3. Installation
4. How to use
5. System requirements
6. Uninstallation
7. Support

Description
-------------
Context Magic is a Windows Explorer context menu extension
that greatly extends the functionality of the standard
'Send To' menu and allows to manage files and folders with
a few mouse clicks. You can easily copy or move files to your
favorite folders, open them with your favorite programs,
send by email and lot more.

Licensing
-----------
See License.txt for details.

Installation
------------
1. Download the Context Magic installation package.
2. If you have downloaded ZIP-archive, extract all files from
the package into a temporary directory using your archiver,
such as WinZip.
3. Run ContextMagicFreeSetup.exe and follow the instructions.
4. Now it is safe to delete the installation files.

How to use
-------------------------
To invoke Context ThumbView, just right-click a file or folder
in the Windows Explorer, and point to 'Context Magic' in the
pop-up menu.

System requirements
-----------------
Requires Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003 or Windows 95/NT with Internet
Explorer 4.0 (or later) and Windows Desktop Update installed.

Uninstallation
--------------
1. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon in the
Windows Control Panel.
2. Select Context Magic (Free Edition) in the list of installed
programs and click the 'Add/Remove' button.
Follow the instructions.

Support
--------
Your questions, comments, suggestions or bug reports are welcome at:

sup...@ContextMagic.com .

For more information and late-breaking news about our software, please
visit our Web site at:

http://www.ContextMagic.com

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:40:29 -0500, Bob Adkins <bo...@charter.net> wrote:

>I lost a little program that adds functionality to the Windows context menu.
>

>Problem is, I can't remember the name. :(
>
>They mystery program added a line to the context menu that allowed adding an
>d removing items. It organized items that were already in the context menu,
>and showed their icons. It also made it easier to associate files.
>
>Does anyone know the name program I'm talking about?
>

>-- Bob

Soren Hedeby Sorensen

Jul 7, 2005, 5:53:04 AM7/7/05
Bob Adkins <bo...@charter.net> wrote:

>I lost a little program that adds functionality to the Windows context menu.
>

>Problem is, I can't remember the name. :(

Try OpenExpert http://www.baxbex.com/products.html

Soren Hedeby Sorensen, Viborg, Denmark
(remove FJERN from my e-mail address)

Message has been deleted