http://www.elastomania.com/

Strider

Nov 30, 2002, 5:49:33 AM11/30/02
Check this out

http://www.elastomania.com/

It's rather good, and dangerously addictive.

--

Scott Robson AKA Strider ColdSteam
E-Mail - str at blueyonder dot co dot uk

--

"They tried and failed?"
"They tried and died."

Shaun Hill

Dec 3, 2002, 10:23:22 PM12/3/02
Strider wrote:
> Check this out
>
> http://www.elastomania.com/
>
> It's rather good, and dangerously addictive.

Yeah, :-D, but it's not freeware.

Strider

Dec 4, 2002, 2:09:15 PM12/4/02
Shaun Hill proclaimed...

> Yeah, :-D, but it's not freeware.

It's shareware, surely that's good enough.

--

Scott Robson AKA Strider ColdSteam

stri at blueyonder dot co dot uk

Steve Strube

Dec 5, 2002, 3:24:51 PM12/5/02
I have always wondered how someone who is incapable of reading is capable of
typing.

Scott Robson can write

It's shareware, surely that's good enough

but is incapable of reading

alt.comp.freeware.games

Is this a rare form of genius, kinda like the Rainman Syndrome.
Or should we leave the savant out of idiot savant?

Just some personal musings...

"Strider" <em...@signature.com> wrote in message

---

The Alien

Dec 8, 2002, 3:15:12 PM12/8/02
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:09:15 -0000, Strider <em...@signature.com>
wrote:

>Shaun Hill proclaimed...
>
>> Yeah, :-D, but it's not freeware.
>
>It's shareware, surely that's good enough.
>
>--
>
>Scott Robson AKA Strider ColdSteam
>stri at blueyonder dot co dot uk
>http://e-strider.no-ip.com

Please post your messages and web site in "alt.comp.SHAREWARE.games"!
Thanks.

Autobot This Spammers!
<A HREF="mailto:postmaster@[127.0.0.1]"></A>
mailto:postm...@127.0.0.1

Linux Registered User Number: 290854
Long Live The Penguin!

Strider

Dec 8, 2002, 3:21:08 PM12/8/02
The Alien proclaimed...

> Please post your messages and web site in "alt.comp.SHAREWARE.games"!
> Thanks.

You *have* to be joking!?!

--

Scott Robson AKA Strider ColdSteam

Email: stri at blueyonder dot co dot uk
Site: http://e-strider.no-ip.com
MSN: str...@hotmail.com

--

"Don't you understand?!?"

Points for this one.

Ernest Fairchild

Dec 8, 2002, 6:06:48 PM12/8/02

> The Alien proclaimed...
>
> > Please post your messages and web site in
"alt.comp.SHAREWARE.games"!
> > Thanks.
>
> You *have* to be joking!?!

Nope. This group is for freeware. There are other groups for
shareware.

Have a great day!

Ernest

_____________________
"Nothing sucks seeds like sucks s."

Visit my website at http://www.public.asu.edu/~ernestf

Strider

Dec 9, 2002, 1:21:11 AM12/9/02
Ernest Fairchild proclaimed...

> Nope. This group is for freeware. There are other groups for
> shareware.
>
> Have a great day!
>
> Ernest

/me slaps his hand across his face

Well now I've seen it all...

Yeah, have a nice day....

Ernest Fairchild

Dec 9, 2002, 11:30:47 AM12/9/02

> Ernest Fairchild proclaimed...
>
> > Nope. This group is for freeware. There are other groups for
> > shareware.
> >
> > Have a great day!
> >
> > Ernest
>
> /me slaps his hand across his face
>
> Well now I've seen it all...
>
> Yeah, have a nice day....

You mean to say that you don't see a big difference between freeware and
shareware? I do.

Freeware doesn't cost you a thing. You can use it as long as you want. You
can pass it around to your friends, put it on your website, etc. As long
as you don't claim that you wrote a program that you didn't, everyone
should be happy.

Shareware, OTOH, costs money. If you don't pay, some crucial part of the
software won't function, or the program will stop running after a certain
amount of time. Often, you can't legally give it to anyone else because
the shareware author requires some sort of registration to download. Even
things like WinZip will nag you every time you run the program until you
fork over the cash.

Big differences. I write freeware as a hobby. I don't charge for my work.
Some of my friends have suggested that I should go a shareware path. But I
don't, because 1) I'm also a user of software, as well as an author, and
being nagged, getting crippled or time-limited software really ticks me
off; 2) I already have a job, and although I'm by no means wealthy, I
manage to feed my family; 3) I can remember some of the gems I've found
that were freeware, and want to give back to the internet community at
large by offering my programming skills as well.

Have a great day!

Ernest
"Funny, I don't remember being absent minded."