Gamespy article on The Freeware Scene no. 5.

Iain Cheyne

Jul 25, 2002, 8:54:41 AM7/25/02
There is a new Gamespy article on The Freeware Scene:
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/july02/freeware5/.

It describes the following games:

+AstroMan
Game Type: Jumpman / Lode Runner Platforming Hybrid

+Ninjets XF
Game Type: Side-scrolling Space Shooter with Swords

+SolarWolf 1.1
Game Type: Puzzle / Action

+Island Wars
Game Type: Weather Wars with Cannons and Planes

They all look original and interesting to me.

Iain

Brian

Jul 25, 2002, 12:24:00 PM7/25/02

Great articles on freeware games, I read tehm all. They are missing some of
the best, here they are:

1. Mobility : If you like SimCity, you will love this one
http://www.mobility-online.de/en/index.html

2. Steel Phanters : The best war game
http://www.matrixgames.com/games/WorldAtWar/features.asp

3. Egoboo : a 3d dungeon adventure
http://egoboo.sourceforge.net/

4. Dink SmallWood : a great RPG
http://www.rtsoft.com/dink/pages/home.htm

5. Abuse : a side scrolling shoot game, used to be sold by a company named
Crack Dot Com. Before closing the company they released the source code and
made it freeware. A couple of nice new compilations:
http://www.abuse2.com
http://www.uidaho.edu/~scot4875/

6. Tactical Manager : a great soccer management game
http://www.tacticalmanager.ndirect.co.uk/index.htm

7. Eastside Hockey Manager : a great hockey management game
http://eastside.peliplaneetta.net/

8. Visual Pinball : a pinball game with a huge number of tables to choose
http://www.randydavis.com/vp/

9. Orbiter 2001 : a kind of space simulator, similar to Microsoft Space
Simulator
http://www.orbitersim.com/

10. Betrayal at Krondor : the first one, by Sierra, made freeware to promote
the sequence, Betrayal at Antara
http://www.theunderdogs.org/game.php?name=Betrayal+at+Krondor

Brian

"Iain Cheyne" <iainatcheyne...@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message