Colors of Sunday reruns

nos...@nospam.mit.edu

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00
I should have thought of this before, but today I realized that some of
the Sunday reruns also appear in _Peanuts_Jubilee_, the 25th anniversary
book. Unfortunately, the colors don't match!

So now we're left wondering which, if either, of these color schemes is
the original one. Overall, I think I prefer the color schemes in the
Sunday reruns, as some of the color choices in _Jubilee_ look odd to me
(e.g., in the 2/17/74 strip, Linus has a forest green shirt). But as
this is largely a matter of taste, I would hesitate to bet that the
reruns enjoy the original colors.
--
Tim Chow tchow-at-alum-dot-mit-dot-edu
The range of our projectiles---even ... the artillery---however great, will

nos...@nospam.mit.edu

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00
In article <8f7ijg$j...@schubert.mit.edu>, I wrote:
>I should have thought of this before, but today I realized that some of
>the Sunday reruns also appear in _Peanuts_Jubilee_, the 25th anniversary
>book. Unfortunately, the colors don't match!

I also happen to own one Ravette book (from the U.K.) entitled _Shall_We_
_Dance?_ It has the 2/19/67 strip (Charlie Brown rants at the kite-eating
tree but finally throws his kite into the tree), which also appears in
_Jubilee_. Again, some of the colors don't match, although the discrepancy
is not as large.

Perhaps somebody with the Ravette book _Hit_the_Headlines_ can compare
the colors with the Sunday reruns?

Julian

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00

nos...@nospam.mit.edu wrote Perhaps somebody with the Ravette book

_Hit_the_Headlines_ can compare the colors with the Sunday reruns?

I have the Ravette coloured landscape series, so ask away. (alternatively,
mail me a strip and I'll compare it...but....sssshhhh!.. don't tell Nat you
are doing it, ok?...it'll be our secret and we won't get told off!!....:-) )

julian

Timothy Chow

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00
In article <8f9o5p$t68$1...@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>,

Julian <Jul...@peanuts55.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>I have the Ravette coloured landscape series, so ask away.

O.K., so let's try the strip that was rerun on Feb 20, 2000 and that first
appeared on Feb 17, 1974. Linus quotes from Romans about the Holy Spirit
sighing.

_Jubilee_: Linus's shirt is forest green, Linus's blanket is blue,
Lucy's dress is dark blue, Linus's sign is purple, the background
colors of the panels are respectively mustard yellow, purple, purple,
purple, salmon pink, purple, salmon pink, and orange.

Rerun: Linus's shirt is blue-gray, Linus's blanket is pale blue, Lucy's
dress is a steely purple, Linus's sign is sandy brown, and the background
colors of the panels are all creamy yellow except for the next-to-the-
last panel, which is pale orange.

Shannon Stewart

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00
Tim Chow wrote:

>I should have thought of this before, but today I
>realized that some of the Sunday reruns also appear
>in _Peanuts_Jubilee_, the 25th anniversary book.
>Unfortunately, the colors don't match!
>

>So now we're left wondering which, if either, of
>these color schemes is the original one. Overall, I
>think I prefer the color schemes in the Sunday
>reruns, as some of the color choices in _Jubilee_
>look odd to me (e.g., in the 2/17/74 strip, Linus has
>a forest green shirt). But as this is largely a matter
>of taste, I would hesitate to bet that the reruns
>enjoy the original colors.

I don't think the colors in "Peanuts Jubilee" are original. If you look
at the 3-2-75 strip (the last one in the book), where Linus throws his
burnt toast to Woodstock, you'll see the ground is green. Now normally
this wouldn't be a problem, except that this is not supposed to be grass
we're looking at, but snow!

As for the reprints currently running, I don't know if the colors
themselves are original, but I have noticed that a couple of the strips
have been "shaded", to give the characters and objects a more
three-dimensional effect. I'm sure this wasn't being done in 1974.

Shannon

Julian

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00

Timothy Chow wrote O.K., so let's try the strip that was rerun on Feb 20,

2000 and that first appeared on Feb 17, 1974. Linus quotes from Romans
about the Holy Spirit
sighing.

_Jubilee_: Linus's shirt is forest green, Linus's blanket is blue,
Lucy's dress is dark blue, Linus's sign is purple, the background
colors of the panels are respectively mustard yellow, purple, purple,
purple, salmon pink, purple, salmon pink, and orange.

Rerun: Linus's shirt is blue-gray, Linus's blanket is pale blue, Lucy's
dress is a steely purple, Linus's sign is sandy brown, and the background
colors of the panels are all creamy yellow except for the next-to-the-
last panel, which is pale orange.

Ravette: Hit the Headlines...Linus's shirt is yellow, Linus's blanket is
pale blue, Lucy's
dress is a deep scarlet red, Linus's sign is scarlet red, and the background
colours of the panels are ALL pastel blue.

Julian

IceMaster14

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00
How bout this, I dont recall what date it is but the one where Violet is
reviewing Snoopy's show and she is wearing a violet dress but isn't it supposed
ti be a lime green?