Undated strips: help needed (Snoopy typing...)

bamiyan

Jun 6, 2002, 7:17:11 PM6/6/02
Hello again.

Thanks to all those who gave me helpful tips to get me started.
I have several undated strips in my as-yet-small collection.
Can anyone help me date the following?

Note: All of the strips below are of Snoopy at his typewriter.

1) "His wife had always hated his work"
2) "And I am including postage for the return of my story if you don't buy
it."
3) "Beauty tips" ("Cute tips.")
4) "Beauty tips" ("Don't be born so soon.")
5) "Beauty tips" ("Ugly tips.")
6) "...to save time we are enclosing two rejection slips..."
7) "However we would like to thank you for considering us." ("But we're not
going to.")
8) "P.S.: April Fool!"
9) "We threw your story out the window."
10) "Dutch Waltz, the famous skater, was worried."
11) "If you don't publish my story, I am going to cancel my subscription."
12) "When I criticized your story, I stepped on your tale."
13) "I never promised you an apple orchard." (Sunday strip)
14) "Immediately after he won the golf tournament, he was interviewed on
TV."
15) "It was a dark and stormy night." ("Good writing is hard work.") (Sunday
strip)
16) "Joe Anthro was an authority on Egyptian..."
17) "Joe College was getting on in years."
18) "Kitten Kaboodle was a lazy cat." ("I love writing anti-cat stories!")
19) "Our magazine assumes no responsibility..." ("They probably don't really
mean it.")
20) "The quick brown fox jumped over the unfortunate dog."
21) "You know the cat next door, don't you?" ("Unfortunately, I do!")

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

The Beatles Archives
http://mapage.noos.fr/beatlesarchives/index.htm
Beatles On Video
http://membres.lycos.fr/beatlesonvideo/index.htm
Webmaster
bam...@noos.fr

Marcie Lee

Jun 7, 2002, 11:09:22 AM6/7/02
> Can anyone help me date the following?
> Note: All of the strips below are of Snoopy at his typewriter.
>
> 1) "His wife had always hated his work"
Sep 9, 1973 (toadstools)

> 2) "And I am including postage for the return of my story if you don't buy
> it."

March 9, 1974

> 3) "Beauty tips" ("Cute tips.")

May 5, 1982

> 4) "Beauty tips" ("Don't be born so soon.")

May 4, 1982

> 5) "Beauty tips" ("Ugly tips.")

May 6, 1982

> 6) "...to save time we are enclosing two rejection slips..."

April 4, 1974

> 7) "However we would like to thank you for considering us." ("But we're
not
> going to.")

Sep 27, 1978

> 8) "P.S.: April Fool!"
April 1, 1974 (one thousand dollars)

> 9) "We threw your story out the window."

April 3, 1974

> 10) "Dutch Waltz, the famous skater, was worried."

April 2, 1974

> 11) "If you don't publish my story, I am going to cancel my subscription."

May 4, 1974

> 12) "When I criticized your story, I stepped on your tale."

March 2, 1974

> 13) "I never promised you an apple orchard." (Sunday strip)

June 2, 1974

> 14) "Immediately after he won the golf tournament, he was interviewed on
> TV."

April 4, 1974

> 15) "It was a dark and stormy night." ("Good writing is hard work.")
(Sunday
> strip)

July 13, 1969

> 16) "Joe Anthro was an authority on Egyptian..."

April 18, 1974

> 17) "Joe College was getting on in years."

April 20, 1974

> 18) "Kitten Kaboodle was a lazy cat." ("I love writing anti-cat stories!")

June 11, 1974

> 19) "Our magazine assumes no responsibility..." ("They probably don't
really
> mean it.")

May 2, 1974

> 20) "The quick brown fox jumped over the unfortunate dog."

May 27, 1974

> 21) "You know the cat next door, don't you?" ("Unfortunately, I do!")

June 15, 1974

Hope this helps. Enjoy!
Marcie

bamiyan

Jun 7, 2002, 5:02:28 PM6/7/02
> 6) "...to save time we are enclosing two rejection slips..."
April 4, 1974

> 14) "Immediately after he won the golf tournament, he was interviewed on
> TV."
April 4, 1974

I'm confused :°)

> 1) "His wife had always hated his work"
Sep 9, 1973 (toadstools)

Since Sep 9, 1973 was a Sunday (and that one is *not* a Sunday strip) I take
it
you meant Sep 8, 1973?

Marcie Lee

Jun 12, 2002, 6:58:48 PM6/12/02

"bamiyan" <bam...@noos.fr> wrote in message

> > 6) "...to save time we are enclosing two rejection slips..."
> April 4, 1974
WRONG! It's April 5, 1974. Sorry.

> > 14) "Immediately after he won the golf tournament, he was interviewed on
> > TV."
> April 4, 1974
>
> I'm confused :°)

This one is really April 4, 1974. No kidding. I double-checked!

> > 1) "His wife had always hated his work"
> Sep 9, 1973 (toadstools)
>
> Since Sep 9, 1973 was a Sunday (and that one is *not* a Sunday strip) I
take
> it
> you meant Sep 8, 1973?

No. I meant Sep 18, 1973. What was I thinking??? Or more importantly, what
were my fingers typing???

Marcie

bamiyan

Jun 12, 2002, 8:07:08 PM6/12/02
Since my e-mails to you keep bouncing back...

Thank you!