RACCies: 2006 Official RACCies ballot

Saxon Brenton

Feb 5, 2007, 10:34:27 PM2/5/07
[RACCies] 2006 Official RACCies ballot

Nominations for the 2006 RACCies have now closed, with five people
participating. Additionally, there will be a vote between Martin Phipps
and Arthur Spitzer for the position of next RACCies Administrator.

Now for the oft-repeated voting procedure:

The (r)ACCIES are a two-step process:
1. Nominations. Open. The only restriction is that you may not
nominate yourself or any stories you worked on. (I will except
crossovers under the assumption it is the others' contributions you
wish to recognize ;] ). The objective is to overlook _no_ quality
stories, yet still keep the ballot a reasonable length, so nominate
as many as you wish but make sure _someone'd_ vote for them.
In addition to the below listed categories, participants are
encouraged to create 'special' (read -- comedic) awards to include
in the balloting. Include a winner with your award. I will exert
editorial fiat over these nominations, choosing the funniest among
duplicates and dismissing ones in bad taste or ones with vicious
intent. Nominations are RACC-wide: all posted imprints, stories
and authors are eligible as long as the story(ies) in question were
posted after 23 DEC 2005 and before 31 DEC 2006.

Nomination Period ends: JAN 31 2007

2. Elections. Crunch time. Pick three and rank them 1,2,3
(no self-voting). Track and field scoring in effect -- ie 1st is 5pts,
2nd is 3pts and 3rd is 1pt. Most points wins. Democracy inaction!

Election Period ends: FEB 28 2007

NOTE: Please return all nominations and ballots to
saxonb...@hotmail.com

============================== clip & return======================

RACC1. FAVORITE WRITER:
Saxon BRENTON
Mitchell "Tarq" CROUCH
Jamas ENRIGHT
Rick HINDLE
Jessica "Jaelle" IHIMAERA-SMILER
Adrian McCLURE
Tim MUNN
Martin PHIPPS
Rob ROGERS
Tom RUSSELL
Arthur SPITZER
Jochem VANDERSTEEN
Dave "Dvandom" VAN DOMELEN
Jesse WILLEY

RACC2. FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES: as billed, not implemented
Academy of super Heroes [ASH]
The Alt.Riders [LNH]
Alt.stralian Yarns [LNH]
Deja Dude/Master Blaster [LNH]
Drabble Girl [LNH]
Easily-Discovered Man [LNH]
Godling [Misc]
Jolt City [8Fold]
Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad [LNH]
Master Blaster [LNH]
Onion Lad [LNH]
Superfreaks [Superfreaks]
Super-Stomach Girl [Misc]
Thunderclap [Misc]

RACC3. FAVORITE MINI-SERIES: 12 issues or less, including one-shots
Drabble Girl [LNH]
Journey to/2/3 the Mind of the Seemingly Unstable [LNH]
Killfile Wars [LNH]
Matthew Almighty [LNHY]
Pigs in Time [LNH]
Web of Mainstream Man [LNH]

RACC4. FAVORITE ARC: multi-issue storyline that is NOT RACC3
Academy of Super Heroes #71-75 (Metropolis) [ASH]
Bush43 #20-60 (Bush43 Daily) [AC]
Easily-Discovered Man #46-47 [LNH]
Jolt City #2-4 [8Fold]
Limp Asparagus Lad #56-57 (Decimation parts 1-2 (of 3)) [LNH]
Master Blaster Special #5-7 (MB vs VenDorr) [LNH]
Metal Fire #6-9 [Starfall]
Ten-Word Masterpiece Theater [LNHY]

RACC5. FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE:
The Alt.Riders #44 [LNH]
Legion of Net.Heroes Vol 2 #12 (14th Anniversary issue with
Legionnaires powerless in a world without the LNH) [LNH]
Girls on Beach Blankets #3 (Joyce Gone Goes Wild) [LNHY]
Easily-Discovered Man #46 (The end of Waffle Queen arc) [LNH]
Easily-Discovered Man #47 (Professor Perhap shows EDML his future) [LNH]
Jolt City #2 (Crooked Man) [8Fold]
Jolt City #4 (Nathan Willis) [8Fold]
Just Imagine Saxon Brenton Presents the RACCies... Again! #5
[RACCies/LNH]
Legion of Net.Heroes Vol 2 #12 (14th anniversary) [LNH]
Legion of Net.Heroes Vol. II #14 [LNH]
Legion of Net.Heroes Volume II #16 (40 year old ninja) [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad #55 (Sept 11) [LNH]
Limp Asparagus Lad #56 (Decimation part 1) [LNH]
Limp Asparagus Lad #57 (Devos vs. Creatos) [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad Special #3 (Vocabulary Story Challenge) [LNH]
Master Blaster: Super Bowl Special ([#2] by Tom Russell) [LNH]
Master Blaster: Insufficient Postage ([#3] by Tom Russell) [LNH]
Master Blaster: Insufficient Postage ([#4] by Jamas Enright) [LNH]
Master Blaster Special #5 (MB vs VenDorr) [LNH]
Master Blaster Special #6 (MB in the hospital) [LNH]
Master Blaster Special #7 (MB vs Ven Dorr) [LNH]
Super-Stomach Girl #3 (Kara introduced) [Misc]
Talking Gorilla Smackdown 2006 [RACCafe]

RACC6. FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:
Agent [LNH]
Been-Out-Bush-For-Way-Too-Long Man [LNH]
Catalyst Lass [LNH]
Cherry and Salsa (the girls on the beach blankets) [LNHY]
Drabble Girl [LNH]
Godling [Misc]
Limp-Asparagus Lad [LNH]
Master Blaster [LNH]
Obscure Trivia Lad [LNH]
Self-Righteous Preacher [LNH]
Super-Stomach Girl [Misc]
Thunderclap [Misc]
Wiki Boy [LNH]

RACC7. FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:
Devolutionaries [LNH]
Dr. Killfile [LNH]
Eggplant the Easter Miracle Komodo Dragon [LNH]
Plummet [LNH]
Ven Dorr [LNH]
The Wordinator [LNH]

RACC8. FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
Brother-Smite-the-Heathen-With-Sharp-Pointy-Things [LNH]
Flying Spaghetti Monsters [LNH]
Fred [LNH]
Kara (from Super-Stomach Girl) [Misc]
Morgan Adams [ASH]
Pants Rabbit Lad [LNH]
Sister State-the-Obvious [LNH]
Wiki Boy [LNH]

RACC9. FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:
Been-Out-Bush-For-Way-Too-Long-Man [LNH]
Kara (from Super-Stomach Girl) [Misc]
Pants Rabbit Lad [LNH]
Haiku Gorilla [LNH]
Ripping Dancer [LNH]
Viking Gila Monster [Unfinished Sentence Verse]
Wiki Boy [LNH]

RACC10. FAVORITE PARODY/COMEDY: series or one-shot across all imprints
Alt.stralian Yarns [LNH]
Drabble Girl [LNH]
Easily-Discovered Man [LNH]
Eggplant the Easter Miracle Komodo Dragon [LNH]
Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad [LNH]
Master Blaster [LNH]
Onion Lad [LNH]
Ten-Word Masterpiece Theater [LNHY]

RACC11. FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE/ADULT OFFERING: ditto, but serious
Academy of Super Heroes [ASH]
Godling [Misc]
Jolt City [8Fold]
Super-Stomach Girl [Misc]
Superfreaks [Superfreaks]
Thunderclap [Misc]

RACC12. FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:
End of Month Reviews
Tom Russell Reviews

RACC13. FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:
Eightfold [8Fold]
Academy of Super Heroes [ASH]
Artifice Comics [AC]
Legion of Net.Heroes [LNH]
Legion of Net.Heroes Y [LNHY]
Misc
Net.Trenchcoat Brigade [NTB]

RACC14. FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC:
Wil ALAMBRE
Russ "Eagle" ALLBERY
Saxon BRENTON
Mitchell "Tarq" CROUCH
Jamas ENRIGHT
Jessica "Jaelle" IHIMAERA-SMILER
Adrian McCLURE
Martin PHIPPS
Rob ROGERS
Tom RUSSELL
Arthur SPITZER
Tim MUNN
Dave "Dvandom" VAN DOMELEN
Jesse WILLEY

RACC15. BEST FLAMEWAR: by thread, not instigator
Any analysis of Jesse Willey's writing by Tom Russell
Most offensive thread ever!
Tuckerizations and Character Names
"I Didn't Give You Permission to Kill Off My Character" (LNH v.2 #13)

RACC16. FAVORITE RUNNING GAG:
Apes Month
Constrained Writing
Master Blaster saying "Freakin' Lame"
Most Offensive Thread Ever! (Gandhi and Jesus suck and so do dogs!)
Mr. Paprika -- Now that's a Man's Pop!
My Cat _Does_ Love Me,
What would Gamer Boy think?

RACC17. MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR: from 24 DEC 2005 to present
Jamas ENRIGHT
Tim MUNN
Martin PHIPPS
Tom RUSSELL
Arthur SPITZER
Jesse WILLEY

RACC18. FAVORITE NEW WRITER: first RACC posting from 24 DEC 2005
Mitchell "Tarq" CROUCH
Jerry SHAW

RACC19. FAVORITE NEW TITLE: same as RACC 2, issue #1 from 24 DEC 2005
Alt.stralian Yarns [LNH]
Drabble Girl [LNH]
Jolt City [8Fold]
Ten-Word Masterpiece Theater [LNHY]
Thunderclap [Misc]
Unfinished Sentence Verse [UnVerse]

THE RABBIT-BREEDERS CUP -- Awarded to the most prolific writer in this or
_any_ fanfic forum. We're measuring volume, folks.
Martin PHIPPS
Tom RUSSELL
Dave "Dvandom" VAN DOMELEN

THE JOHNNY SAKO "COME BACK GIANT ROBOT, COME BACK" LOVING CUP -- for the
RACC Writer that is most sorely missed
Jameel AL KHAFIZ
Marie ANTOON
Hubert BARTELS
Ray "wReam" BINGHAM
Paul HARDY
J.O.S. HARTUNG
Jeff McCOSKEY
Pete "Tick" MILAN
Kieran O'CALLAGHAN
Ben RAWLUK
Matt "Badger" ROSSI
Ken SCHMIDT
Jennifer "Mistlock" WHITSON
Kevin WILCOX
All of Us

THE IMAGE TESTIMONIAL TIMEPIECE (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED) -- For that
author whose works are most consistently late.
Ray "wReam" BINGHAM
Saxon BRENTON
Not Saxon BRENTON, Because End of Month Reviews is Always on Time :-)
Paul HARDY
Tom RUSSELL
Todd "Scavenger" KOGUTT
Everyone except Arthur, Jesse, Martin and Tom

THE "SPIDER SPINS!" LITTLE LULU WEB PAGE AWARD -- for the favorite
RACC-related web page
LNH Wiki entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Net._Heroes)
Wil's Ego (http://www.wilsego.com/racc/)

AND...

RACCies ADMINISTRATOR (self-nominations only)
Martin PHIPPS
Arthur SPITZER

-----
Saxon Brenton Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxonb...@hotmail.com

Advertisement: Getting married? Tell us why to WIN @ LetsShop
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eletsshop%2Ecom%2FCompetitions%2FLetsMarry%2Ftabid%2F549%2FDefault%2Easpx&_t=751480117&_r=HM_tagline_letsshop_wedding&_m=EXT

Arthur Spitzer

Feb 6, 2007, 8:05:45 PM2/6/07
Saxon Brenton wrote:
> [RACCies] 2006 Official RACCies ballot
>
> Nominations for the 2006 RACCies have now closed, with five people
> participating. Additionally, there will be a vote between Martin Phipps
> and Arthur Spitzer for the position of next RACCies Administrator.

I think everyone should vote for Martin in this category...

That being said...

If I do the RACCies I will continue the Hall of Fame stuff no
matter how few people vote in in... not sure if Martin will
do that...

And I will vote and nominate stuff because I don't believe in
all of that impartial RACCie Administrator stuff... the
way I see it is that regardless of whether I vote or not
if will effect the outcome and by not voting I'd just be
boosting my own chances of winning and not who ever I'd
be voting for...

And I will accept bribes... for $50,000 I'll give you the
Raccie of your choice...

Just kidding... just kidding... :)

> Now for the oft-repeated voting procedure:
>

> The (r)ACCIES are a two-step process:
> 1. Nominations. Open. The only restriction is that you may not
> nominate yourself or any stories you worked on. (I will except
> crossovers under the assumption it is the others' contributions you
> wish to recognize ;] ). The objective is to overlook _no_ quality
> stories, yet still keep the ballot a reasonable length, so nominate
> as many as you wish but make sure _someone'd_ vote for them.
> In addition to the below listed categories, participants are
> encouraged to create 'special' (read -- comedic) awards to include
> in the balloting. Include a winner with your award. I will exert
> editorial fiat over these nominations, choosing the funniest among
> duplicates and dismissing ones in bad taste or ones with vicious
> intent. Nominations are RACC-wide: all posted imprints, stories
> and authors are eligible as long as the story(ies) in question were
> posted after 23 DEC 2005 and before 31 DEC 2006.
>
> Nomination Period ends: JAN 31 2007
>
> 2. Elections. Crunch time. Pick three and rank them 1,2,3
> (no self-voting). Track and field scoring in effect -- ie 1st is 5pts,
> 2nd is 3pts and 3rd is 1pt. Most points wins. Democracy inaction!
>
> Election Period ends: FEB 28 2007

Of course since the ballor arrived on Feb 5th it seems that we should
at least have the period end on say March 5th....

> NOTE: Please return all nominations and ballots to
> saxonb...@hotmail.com
>

> RACC17. MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR: from 24 DEC 2005 to present

> Jamas ENRIGHT
> Tim MUNN
> Martin PHIPPS
> Tom RUSSELL
> Arthur SPITZER
> Jesse WILLEY

Since my 2006 writing was much worse than my 2005 writing I
don't think I should win this....

Arthur "Thanks for the nominations.." Spitzer

Jamas Enright

Feb 7, 2007, 4:11:53 AM2/7/07
On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Saxon Brenton wrote:

> RACC3. FAVORITE MINI-SERIES: 12 issues or less, including one-shots
> Drabble Girl [LNH]

Don't think this is applicable...

> RACC5. FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE:

> Legion of Net.Heroes Vol 2 #12 (14th Anniversary issue with
> Legionnaires powerless in a world without the LNH) [LNH]

> Legion of Net.Heroes Vol 2 #12 (14th anniversary) [LNH]

Deja voodoo!

> RACCies ADMINISTRATOR (self-nominations only)
> Martin PHIPPS
> Arthur SPITZER

You guys could split it, Martin takes the main awards, Arthur takes the
Hall of Fame...

--
Jamas Enright
Blog: http://jamasenright.blogspot.com

Arthur Spitzer

Feb 7, 2007, 7:32:30 PM2/7/07
Jamas Enright wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Saxon Brenton wrote:

>> RACCies ADMINISTRATOR (self-nominations only)
>> Martin PHIPPS
>> Arthur SPITZER
>

> You guys could split it, Martin takes the main awards, Arthur takes the
> Hall of Fame...

That would be fine with me assuming Martin and everyone else is okay
with it....

Arthur "No Steel Cage Fight?" Spitzer