OHTW Mi-T Big Characters!

Charles F. Fitzgerald

Jun 10, 1993, 11:45:14 PM6/10/93
The Official Mi-T Big Guide
Writing Characters!

aLLiterative Lass:
1.) Note spelling. Capitalise the "L"'s and
lower case everything else.
Examples:
right: aLLiterative Lass or
AllITERATIVE lASS (for CAPTAIN CAPITALIZE)
wrong: Alliterative Lass
alliterative lass
ALLiterative Lass
ALLITERATIVE LASS
2.) Though currently beyond the ability of
the Mi-T Big editing staff to handle,
she speaks _only_ in alliterative phrases.
This means that the same CONSONANT SOUND
is used repetitively in the sentence.
a.) _only_ the alliterative consonants should
be capitalised in a line of her speech.
Examples:
right: Peter Piper Picked a Peck....
wrong: Peter Piper picked a peck....
Peter Piper picked a Peck....
peter piper picked a peck....
b.) alliteration works on _sound_ not _letter_
(despite its name).
Examples:
right: Seedy Celery
wrong: Campy Celery

Note: I like alliteration, and use it fairly
frequently. I must say, in warning, that
aLLiterative Lass is very difficult to have
say anything because of the restriction on
her speech. As a result, I tend to avoid
the problem by making other characters carry
the conversations.

Note2: For more information on alliteration (how it
works, what it is) see either the commentary
on the translation of "Sir Gawain and the
Green Knight" by JRR Tolkien or write me
and I will give an overview.

New Look Lass:
There's not a lot to New Look yet. She's kinda pretty, but
not spectacular and she has the ability to create the "ultimate
costume" for _any_ net.hero. She tends to change outfits more
often then others, and I try to describe them when I think about
it. Her best friend (by definition) is aLLiterative Lass.

--
Charles F. Fitzgerald | "Be Careful, or"
Iowa State University | "Be Roadkill!"