The Group Is Dead...

W. R. Logan

Jan 20, 2007, 3:39:35 AM1/20/07
well it had to happen in the end but can we now stand back like they do
in all medical drama's look a bit sad, pull off the gloves and bloody
gown and declare the time of death...

chris

Jan 20, 2007, 3:40:34 AM1/20/07
You want me to call it?

or will you?

burl...@eircom.net

Jan 20, 2007, 8:01:17 AM1/20/07

On Jan 20, 8:40 am, "chris" <deadby...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> You want me to call it?
>
> or will you?

It would solve a few problems all at once, no more of the unwelcomed.

Sally

Jan 20, 2007, 11:40:51 AM1/20/07

<burl...@eircom.net> wrote in message
alt.comics.2000ad
Time of death 8:40am
Cause: Advanced Trollitis
Lock it down, people.

burl...@eircom.net

Jan 20, 2007, 1:24:39 PM1/20/07

On Jan 20, 4:40 pm, "Sally" <rep...@mpaa.org> wrote:
> <burlea...@eircom.net> wrote in messagenews:1169298077.2...@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> > On Jan 20, 8:40 am, "chris" <deadby...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >> You want me to call it?
>
> >> or will you?
>
> > It would solve a few problems all at once, no more of the unwelcomed.alt.comics.2000ad
> Time of death 8:40am
> Cause: Advanced Trollitis
> Lock it down, people.

so can someone delete the group, who's the moderator?

moomoo la moo

Jan 20, 2007, 2:36:12 PM1/20/07
And you have moomoo la moo aka scojo aka Moo Moo Sandwich and primary
member of the *Ying collective* to thank for the death of this group.

And to think it took him less than a day to kill it

Shaw Communications

burl...@eircom.net

Jan 20, 2007, 4:47:56 PM1/20/07

On Jan 20, 7:36 pm, moomoo la moo <b...@iliketoblowhorseandmyself.com>
wrote:

Don't worry you had your stake in it's eventual death.

W. R. Logan

Jan 20, 2007, 8:07:56 PM1/20/07

> alt.comics.2000ad
> Time of death 8:40am
> Cause: Advanced Trollitis
> Lock it down, people.

Stat

SighFi

Jan 20, 2007, 8:10:04 PM1/20/07

have you seen the classic simpsons where they take burns to the medicaid
hospital and they pronounce him dead, then he's whisked off to a top
private hospital and he's OK?

Seán

Jan 21, 2007, 10:17:22 AM1/21/07
I'll get my shovel

A.Cow

Jan 21, 2007, 10:22:49 AM1/21/07
>>> alt.comics.2000ad
>>> Time of death 8:40am
>>> Cause: Advanced Trollitis
>>> Lock it down, people.
>> Stat
> I'll get my shovel

Hang on, I've got a copy of early arcade game "Boot Hill" somewhere
about. I'll get the Funeral March from it and set it permanently playing.

Nice knowing you, folks.

(P.S. What *MODERATED* forum are people shifting too instead?)

burl...@eircom.net

Jan 21, 2007, 10:34:02 AM1/21/07

On Jan 21, 3:22 pm, "A.Cow" <A...@acow.com> wrote:
> >> Stat

> > I'll get my shovelHang on, I've got a copy of early arcade game "Boot Hill" somewhere

> about. I'll get the Funeral March from it and set it permanently playing.
>
> Nice knowing you, folks.
>
> (P.S. What *MODERATED* forum are people shifting too instead?)

You could all just go to 2000AD review instead or would it be a
conflict of interest for some?

At least the "unwanted" are banned there.

Robin Low

Jan 21, 2007, 1:00:57 PM1/21/07
In message <1169393641.9...@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
burl...@eircom.net writes

>You could all just go to 2000AD review instead or would it be a
>conflict of interest for some?
>
>At least the "unwanted" are banned there.

There's never been anything to prevent people ignoring the unwanted or
from posting more interesting and relevant threads. I've been here a
decade now and despite periods of frustration I've managed okay.

If this group dies it's ultimately the fault to those who gave up on it.

Regards

Robin
--
Robin Low

Darren J Longhorn

Jan 21, 2007, 4:15:23 PM1/21/07

I'm with you. There's nothing wrong with this group that the
application of a killfile won't solve.

burl...@eircom.net

Jan 21, 2007, 4:59:52 PM1/21/07

On Jan 21, 9:15 pm, Darren J Longhorn <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:00:57 +0000, Robin Low
>

> <r...@celephais.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >In message <1169393641.931210.220...@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> >burlea...@eircom.net writes

> >>You could all just go to 2000AD review instead or would it be a
> >>conflict of interest for some?
>
> >>At least the "unwanted" are banned there.
>
> >There's never been anything to prevent people ignoring the unwanted or
> >from posting more interesting and relevant threads. I've been here a
> >decade now and despite periods of frustration I've managed okay.
>

> >If this group dies it's ultimately the fault to those who gave up on it.I'm with you. There's nothing wrong with this group that the

> application of a killfile won't solve.

...all this porn shit will drive others away though.

A.Cow

Jan 21, 2007, 8:17:20 PM1/21/07
Darren J Longhorn wrote:
>> If this group dies it's ultimately the fault to those who gave up on it.

D'Oh! Now you've gone and reasoned with me.

> I'm with you. There's nothing wrong with this group that the
> application of a killfile won't solve.

A /rapidly-changing/ killfile, that is.

What a shame that Thunderbird won't let me filter by custom header
fields like the old Mozilla suite used to.

W. R. Logan

Jan 22, 2007, 2:24:23 AM1/22/07
>If this group dies it's ultimately the fault to those who gave up on it.

10cc's of atropine and charge to 360

---/\-------------------/\---------------------/\----------------------/\-------------------------

H. Barker

Jan 22, 2007, 6:37:53 AM1/22/07

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, burl...@eircom.net wrote:

> so can someone delete the group, who's the moderator?

It's a shame, but I guess yeah it needs a bullet, even for the long-time
lurkers like me.

Where next?

Darren J Longhorn

Jan 22, 2007, 12:13:18 PM1/22/07
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 01:17:20 +0000, "A.Cow" <A....@acow.com> wrote:

>Darren J Longhorn wrote:
>>> If this group dies it's ultimately the fault to those who gave up on it.
>
>D'Oh! Now you've gone and reasoned with me.
>
>> I'm with you. There's nothing wrong with this group that the
>> application of a killfile won't solve.
>
>A /rapidly-changing/ killfile, that is.

To kill individual posters, true, but in the case of the cross posted
sewage it's easy to kill entire threads that pretty obviously aren't
going anywhere.

SighFi

Jan 22, 2007, 1:18:55 PM1/22/07
On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:39:35 -0800, W. R. Logan wrote:

Zzzzzzck Fdum

Clear!

Zzzzzzzck Fdum

Its all right..... now make them pay....

Have I been playing too much BF2142?

Sally

Jan 22, 2007, 8:56:06 PM1/22/07
Hmmm... kill file is pretty full now.
Think I've managed to stop the bleeding.

Back to normality... and moron free too!!!

H. Barker

Jan 23, 2007, 7:39:05 AM1/23/07

It's alright for those of you who *can* Killfile... I'm going to have to
change my ngroup client, aren't I? *mutter*

Carl

Feb 1, 2007, 2:40:17 AM2/1/07
There can never be too much battlefield 2142! Be wary of the GI_Biochip
online.....