#fiRCign 1/7/99 A

TDT

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
Session Start: Thu Jan 07 17:42:28 1999
*** Topic is '. . . And the Grammy winner is Firesign
Theatre!'
*** Now talking in #firesign
<TinyDrTim> Did you get my check for the CD's yet? Hold it until Y2K,
if
you don't mind.
<DocTech> why two kay? (yes I got the check)
*** kend^ (whok...@strgmi134172.voyager.net) has joined #firesign
<TinyDrTim> Got your room mate settled down?
<TinyDrTim> Yo, kend^ - How's it hanging?
<kend^> hi there double doctors
<kend^> to the left, lew!
<TinyDrTim> you're right!
<DocTech> yo k
<DocTech> there's nothing quite as attractive as a well-hung mind
*** HasNoName (h...@as2-33.ravenna.apk.net) has joined #firesign
<TinyDrTim> 3 seconds to kend^, 5 to Doc. Not too shabby
<HasNoName> Hullo...
<DocTech> so tdt - you gonna put cgg on? i wanna know how it sounds to
you
<kend^> and a poorly hung mind is a terrible thing to waste
<TinyDrTim> HNN, howdee!
<kend^> hi hnn
<DocTech> yo hnn
<TinyDrTim> Already listened this afternoon. I laughed my ass off!
<kend^> lew, did you know you can ping everyone at one time by typing
/ping
<TinyDrTim> No, MR. IRC! Thank you.
* HasNoName had no idea this was going on New Year's Eve. Too bad, as he
was bored out of his skull...
<DocTech> i wanna make a public offer to ng and irc folk - for january
only, if you buy y new music cd you'll get a cd copy of child's garden
of
grass
<HasNoName> Hmmm...
<kend^> is that a small portion, like a nickel bag?
<DocTech> ...buy MY new cd...
*** LgrAxhandl (Koo...@dial-72-6.ots.utexas.edu) has joined #firesign
<TinyDrTim> His new CD is Great!
<kend^> hi ax
<DocTech> geez, no alcohol yet and already i'm making typos
<LgrAxhandl> howdy kendo
<TinyDrTim> Heya, Bill - Good to "see" ya.
<DocTech> i'll repeat that for the newcomer:
<LgrAxhandl> hi Tiny
<DocTech> i wanna make a public offer to ng and irc folk - for january
only, if you buy my new music cd you'll get a cd copy of child's garden
of
grass
<kend^> kendo, isn't that a martial art?
<DocTech> i took my vinyl copy of cgg and cleaned it up
<DocTech> digitally
<TinyDrTim> How come I had to pay for both of them, Doc?
<DocTech> minimal surface noise still remains
<DocTech> tdt you paid for the myx cd, you got the cgg cd for free
<kend^> like general art fleming?
<LgrAxhandl> what is CGG ?
<kend^> pray tell, to the uninitiated, what is a childs garden of grass?
<DocTech> childs garden of grass
<TinyDrTim> I listened on head phones, Doc, and detected NO surface
noise.
Great job!
<DocTech> the '70s album based on the book
<DocTech> thx tdt
<TinyDrTim> O I C
* TinyDrTim is really embarassed now
*** cease (csi...@ms01-155.vcr.istar.ca) has joined #firesign
<kend^> hi cat, meow
<DocTech> peter bergman does a cameo bit in it
<LgrAxhandl> yo, cat
<cease> hi there
<HasNoName> Hello, cat.
<kend^> and to the REALLY dumb, what was that book about?
<DocTech> hi qat
<DocTech> er, qease
<cease> anybody there?
<TinyDrTim> Hi Cat.
<LgrAxhandl> Hey Doc, I just finished tapeing Mao. do I send the DAT to
you?
<DocTech> damn, every time i hit the q key, ...
<kend^> yep, cat, we are here, there, and everywhere
<DocTech> lgr: yes - but did you get the email from cat?
<TinyDrTim> Cat's having some trouble, I believe. I can't op him.
<LgrAxhandl> yes indeedy and the fixed line is happenin'
<TinyDrTim> He here now!
<DocTech> oh great news. yes, send the dat this-a-way
<LgrAxhandl> marvelous
<TinyDrTim> or send dis dat-a-way
<DocTech> tdt: lol
<DocTech> dat's the spirits we have here
<kend^> hey, tdt: type /msg chanserv info #firesign then explain it
me
<TinyDrTim> Cat - can you "hear" us?
<kend^> he's not returning a ping
<TinyDrTim> K
<LgrAxhandl> TDT as Dis Datoway scat singer detective
<cease> tiny?
<TinyDrTim> No such nick/channel - That's what it says, kend^
<TinyDrTim> Cat, you there?
<DocTech> s'cat! what's he doing in a singing detective movie?
<DocTech> i know... the foxtrot
<TinyDrTim> Lgr - LOL
<kend^> here's what i got: -ChanServ- Channel #firesign is not
registered
<LgrAxhandl> Cat: glad to get your alert before I lost this equippment
<TinyDrTim> Bullshit, kend^ - Unless something is f*cked up!
<kend^> i must be in a time warp, i saw it happen, and if it's active at
least every 20 days, it should stay registered
<DocTech> them serv bros - you can never count on them to do anything
write!
<TinyDrTim> You were there when I set myself up as a founder and we
chatted last week!
<kend^> i will investigate part time during our conversations, if i
don't
reply to you, i will be back
*** doctim (csi...@137.186.176.155) has joined #firesign
<TinyDrTim> Cat, come back, Cat - It's a Shane he can't hear us
<doctim> hello?
<TinyDrTim> Hey Cat, there you are.
<LgrAxhandl> he's baaaaaaccccccckkkkkk
<LgrAxhandl> holy chatus interuptus !!!!!
*** HNN (h...@207.54.136.111) has joined #firesign
<doctim> hello
<HNN> Hmmm....
<DocTech> anyway cgg has always been one'a'my fave records, so when i
decided to see how good a job i could do archiving some rare
out-of-print
vinyl with the audio tools i've got now, cgg was my first choice
<HNN> There's two of no one but me!
<TinyDrTim> They are messing with our minds again. There are two Carls
now.
<DocTech> my copy is already in good shape as it is, but with the tools
i've got i was able to eliminate over 90% of the surface noise.
*** HNN is now known as HasNoName
<HasNoName> Dang drat line gremlins...
<DocTech> and now i can listen to my fave album via the miracle of cd!
<HasNoName> How was everyone's New Year? I worked hard to ignore it,
watching a movie on tape from before midnight to sometime after...
<LgrAxhandl> so Doc, you created a mirro-clone cd?
<TinyDrTim> Everyone MUST buy Doc's CD - Kewel music and a comedy bonus!
<DocTech> hnn: very quiet at this end... working on cgg
<doctim> luger, did you get the correted mao line?
* HasNoName has a CD burned now, or access to one, but no way yet to dub
from audio tapes...
<LgrAxhandl> aye verily Cat-daddy
<HasNoName> er, burner
<DocTech> lgr: yes, a cd of a vinyl record that sounds better than the
vinyl itself
<doctim> hopefully you got it in time before you recorded your mao?
<LgrAxhandl> and Doc, what is the name of this venerable cdelight?
<HasNoName> It's sort of like when you scan in a color photo, and you
can
see things in the scan you didn't notice in the photo itself.
<TinyDrTim> Carl, did you read the New Year's log?
<DocTech> lgr: a child's garden of grass
<kend^> lew, chanserv is up, and it doesn't recognize us at all, i
checked
again, and went to web page to make sure i was using command correctly
<HasNoName> I saw it, but haven't had a lot of time to persue Usenet
very
greatly as of late.
<doctim> i have a cassette of that
<DocTech> classic head comedy from the 1971.
*** Elayne_Riggs (fire...@panix3.panix.com) has joined #firesign
<HasNoName> Hello...
<Elayne_Riggs> Hi Carl!
<HasNoName> I've been busy sending out resumes, etc.
<TinyDrTim> Hi E!
<doctim> hi el
<kend^> hi ER
<DocTech> cease: you already have myx, so if you want cgg on cd send me
five bucks
<DocTech> hi e
<Elayne_Riggs> Hey Kend, Lew, Tom!@
<LgrAxhandl> HIYO Elayne
<Elayne_Riggs> Hi Lgr!
<doctim> i have the garden, even have the book.
<DocTech> we should call hnn c@rl to show he's "down with the internet"
<DocTech> i have the book too.
<HasNoName> cUrl Stone?
<TinyDrTim> Hi C@rl
<HasNoName> or cURL?
<DocTech> anyway cease: i've created a clean cd of my vinyl copy of cgg
<DocTech> hnn: lol
* HasNoName now knows shame.
<kend^> what if c@rl married someone on the cable news network, would
she
be ms. hnn-cnn?
* DocTech thinks hnn must be cURLing in shame
<TinyDrTim> kend^ - lol
<DocTech> k: lol
<HasNoName> I've been told they don't know how much more fulltime work
they'll have for my at my current position, so I'm wondering what to do
exactly...
<kend^> good, my sense of humor survived the pre-millenium blowout here
<DocTech> hnn: oh man... that sucks!
<kend^> terrible news
<Elayne_Riggs> Tom, has your schedule freed up any?
<TinyDrTim> Cat - got my tapes this week. I owe you!
<LgrAxhandl> sorry to hear that HNN
<DocTech> i have a hard time believing there isn't a demand for
competent
web people with your perl skills, h.
<Elayne_Riggs> Good luck, Carl. I'm really hoping I don't find myself
in
the same position soon.
<doctim> hope you enjoy them, tiny
<TinyDrTim> Have already started, Cat
<Elayne_Riggs> I've gone offline totally at work in terms of Panix
access.
I'm hoping breaking my Internet addiction helps me concentrate more.
<DocTech> e: hardly. gotta buckle down on lt.com this weekend and into
next week.
<HasNoName> This, and a lot of other things, have kept me coming and
(mostly) going...you worried, E?
*** bfwestley (wes...@isis.visi.com) has joined #firesign
<DocTech> looking like the earliest i can pull it off is week after
next.
<TinyDrTim> Carl, if you can perl, can you also knit?
<kend^> doctech: i just found those tapes we discussed this afternoon,
but
haven't had time to listen yet, don't know if they are usuable yet
<Elayne_Riggs> Gotcha, Tom. Been busy on our end too, between my board
of
directors duties and immigration stuff.
<LgrAxhandl> Hi Bri
<Elayne_Riggs> Yeah, Carl, things look shaky again on my end, and I
don't
deal well with pressure.
<DocTech> i'm taking the train on a regular basis now, e, so i have to
plot out the days i drive inn.
<Elayne_Riggs> Hi Brian!
<bfwestley> hard to get connected 2nite
<DocTech> hi b
<TinyDrTim> Hey Bri!
<Elayne_Riggs> No problem, Tom, we were just wondering.
<doctim> hi bf
<bfwestley> yadda yadda yadda
<DocTech> hey bfw: offer to all ng and irc participants, january only:
buy
my new MYX cd and get child's garden of grass on cd as a bonus
<DocTech> it's a clean cd copy of my vinyl master
<Elayne_Riggs> I'm in, Tom. Or is this the one you FedEx'ed?
<HasNoName> A copy of Doc's vinyl master...if only Senator Exxon knew...
<DocTech> no actually e, you've already got the MYX cd. so does cease.
i'll sell you cgg for five bucks.
<Elayne_Riggs> It's a deal, Tom. I'll pay you when I see you next. ;)
<DocTech> e: aok
<Elayne_Riggs> I'm going back in the warm room now. Take care, all!
*** Elayne_Riggs has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
<HasNoName> By...oh, she left quick...
<TinyDrTim> She comes in, she must go out
<HasNoName> That's far out, TDT!
<LgrAxhandl> does Elayne keep her computer in the refrigerator?
* DocTech thinks cgg is one of the funniest records made, peter bergman
does 'the dirty dog' on it, a great song...
<bfwestley> what is MYX?
<TinyDrTim> Lgr - lol
<kend^> way to go, ax
<HasNoName> This'll probably sound a lot better than my 50 cent copy
from
the Flea Market...
<DocTech> lgr: actually, e has her pc set up in the "front" living room,
which she does not heat often to keep costs down
<LgrAxhandl> I must have this rarity for my very own collection
<DocTech> lgr: you won't regret it.
<HasNoName> Doc, is the ordering info, etc, on your page?
<LgrAxhandl> Wow. that's FRUGAL living conditions
<DocTech> hnn: yes indeedy - http://www.doctechnical.com/myx/
<TinyDrTim> You must, Bill. I'm still laughing and I heard it 4 hours
ago. And Doc's CD is, how do I say it - Mystical
<DocTech> it was great fun going through the sound files and etching out
the clicks and pops...
<TinyDrTim> Did you play all the instruments Doc - ala John Fogarty?
<DocTech> ...and there's this great noise reduction algorithm in cool
edit
'96 that removes most of the rest of the continuqus surface noise.
<doctim> yes, mystical is a pretty good description
<kend^> remember their hit, "i see a bathroom on the right"
<DocTech> tdt: yes, the MYX cd is an archive of spacemusic I've recorded
over the past 15 years.
<LgrAxhandl> the excerpt i heard of sleeper4 made me feel like galloping
on a cosmic pony across the crab nebula lassoing stray neutrinos
<TinyDrTim> Yeh, Drowned mary!
<bfwestley> and the girl with colitis goes by
<DocTech> lgr: that's just what it sounds like on the cd, only you gallp
longer.
<DocTech> gallop
<DocTech> bfw: lol
<DocTech> www.kissthisguy.com
<TinyDrTim> Sleeper Four is my fav too
<DocTech> URL of a site that collects people's misheard pop lyrics
<LgrAxhandl> Doc, do you take cash?
<TinyDrTim> I'm listening as I type, and I'm getting way out there
<bfwestley> yeah, I've heard of www.kissthisguy.com
<DocTech> lgr: yes, but i wouldn't advise sending cash through the mail
-
can you buy a money order?
<DocTech> 'scuse me while i kiss this guy
<HasNoName> I'll have to see if anyone else heard "I just smelled a
nurse
that I could go for" in "Pinhead"...
<LgrAxhandl> surely
<LgrAxhandl> lol Doc
<doctim> zippy?
<HasNoName> no, ramones.
<DocTech> hnn: what a poetic lyric.
<DocTech> i never knew the ramones could be so.. so...
<DocTech> heart-rending!
<TinyDrTim> and nasal
* DocTech wants to be sedated
<kend^> looks like it might be a neat site, but i just tried it, got a
"400" error, none of the links work
<DocTech> tdt: lol!
<bfwestley> over here is the heart-rendering plant
<TinyDrTim> My what pretty flowers it has
<HasNoName> bfw: is it called "Audrey"?
<LgrAxhandl> have some more Drambulie Doc
<bfwestley> not a bit of sentimentality is wasted
<DocTech> hmmm, i just visited www.kissthisguy.com, it's there and comes
up fine
*** DocTech is now known as DocDrambuie
<DocDrambuie> -hic-
<TinyDrTim> up
*** DocDrambuie is now known as DocTechnical
<bfwestley> www.kissthisguy.comworks for me, too
<LgrAxhandl> (glug glurg glurggle)
<kend^> i've had some terrible trouble with my isp lately, will try
again
later
<DocTechnical> aaaahhhhh...
<DocTechnical> k: bummer dude
<DocTechnical> slap that isp around ... show it who's boss
<kend^> i already know who's boss, they suck money out of my card every
month
<TinyDrTim> brb - martini time
<LgrAxhandl> if ya can't trust yer connection what're ya gonna do?
<HasNoName> <slap> "It's my sister's account!" <slap> "It's my
daughter's
account!" <slap> "It's my sister's account!" <slap> "It's my daughter's
account!" <slap> "It's my sister's account!" <slap> "It's my daughter's
account!"
<LgrAxhandl> lol HNN
<bfwestley> US Plus owns the 1s
<DocTechnical> hnn: lol nice chinatown ref!
<kend^> i might just have to start building bombs, and set them outside
internet offices, call me the duabomber
<TinyDrTim> and the zero's?
<kend^> 0's are in the public domain, lew
<DocTechnical> at the right time, and at the right place, an isp is
capable of - anything -
<kend^> after all, they are nothing, and you can't own nothing
* TinyDrTim feels REAL stupid now
<doctim> and one is nothing
<kend^> god, what if someone reads that, does it, and blames me?
<TinyDrTim> I own nothing!
<LgrAxhandl> those isps got more nothing than anyone
<kend^> vow of poverty, lew? at least you didn't do that "chastity"
thing,
i hope
<TinyDrTim> I'll edit it out, kend^
<kend^> she IS a lesbian, you know
<DocTechnical> tdt: as opposed to feeling "fake" stupid?
<LgrAxhandl> ahh, deconstructed history
<bfwestley> Tonight on the national news, one report on hog prices said
the buying price for a hog fell 100%, to $40 - what idiots.
<TinyDrTim> lol all you guys!
<LgrAxhandl> no hog is worth that
<TinyDrTim> You talking about my Harley?
<kend^> i love mathematics and it's misuse!
<kend^> $40 won't buy a chrome plated washer for a harley
<DocTechnical> what was five is two...
<DocTechnical> marionette harley?
*** klokwkdog (bcon...@conan.ids.net) has joined #firesign
<DocTechnical> wasn't she in a star terk episode?
<DocTechnical> no but it'll buy a hog you can ride with on your harley
<HasNoName> Hello...
<kend^> "i'm your puppet"
<kend^> hey klokwkdog
<klokwkdog> woof
<bfwestley> Another report said the price of pork in Russia is $1/pound,
which is 12% of an avg. monthy wage - what?
<doctim> inuit?
<klokwkdog> (or quicken?)
<kend^> as in clockworkdog?
<DocTechnical> doctim: inMEin!
<klokwkdog> righto
<TinyDrTim> I know your cousin Orange
<DocTechnical> inMEit...
<DocTechnical> sheesh...
<DocTechnical> ennui
<kend^> no, his cousin IS orange
<DocTechnical> an agent
<LgrAxhandl> Bri, are you listening to the gobble-de-gook newscurst?
<kend^> aunt is tangerine, daddy's a ruby red grapefruit
<HasNoName> Stupid question: Anyone here have a video capture card and
access to a copy of "Polyester" (John Waters, c.1980)?
<DocTechnical> the doubletalk doubletime noose....
<kend^> hnn: no on both counts, sorry
<DocTechnical> hnn: no video capture capability yet
<bfwestley> axe: not at the moment, just commenting on recent bonehead
math.
<klokwkdog> hasno, kend et al i'm using bit of ur chat 12/17 as tagline
<kend^> but, if you give me advance notice, and want to capture
something,
i will start my camcorder, point it in your direction
<DocTechnical> not sure if i have polyester on tape... but watching ifc
last night, john waters was being interviewed...
<HasNoName> It's no big thing... just curious.
<TinyDrTim> tagline for what?
<klokwkdog> emails
<DocTechnical> i think they're gonna show a john waters marathon soon or
something
*** Bunnyboy (bunn...@205.163.74.72) has joined #firesign
<HasNoName> Oh really? Cooo, I'll have to look for that...
<Bunnyboy> lo
<doctim> greetings brer rabit
<kend^> hey Bb
<HasNoName> er, cool.
<klokwkdog> the "shot by shot remake" craked me up
<TinyDrTim> O I C
<TinyDrTim> Hey Bb!
<Bunnyboy> Happy New Year
<LgrAxhandl> hay Bunster
<DocTechnical> i think polyester is availabel for rent too
<DocTechnical> yo bb
* HasNoName hasn't watched IFC in ages because he's trying to catch up
on
his tape watching...
<Bunnyboy> In just a few more weeks, it's the Year of the Hare. You have
been warned!
<kend^> that must mean, klok, that you read the logs?
<DocTechnical> kwd (my abbrv for klokwkdog): you read the logs?
<kend^> and a happy right back atcha
<klokwkdog> someone has to
<DocTechnical> i'm always falling off them
<HasNoName> I own a copy of it, but wanted a capture of something for a
page I'm working on.
<kend^> Bb: what animal is 1952?
<DocTechnical> hare of the dog... ?
<klokwkdog> u get wet enough, u get the hang of it, log rolling, etc
<Bunnyboy> thanx Lew
<klokwkdog> where dog?
<doctim> leg of the crow?
<Bunnyboy> HNN: I have about 10 years of tape left to watch
<DocTechnical> i weas born in the year of the 3-toed sloth
<HasNoName> Ihave a vid. cap card, but can't get it to work...it came
from
a Packard Bell 486-SX, so who knows...
<Bunnyboy> kwd: Toto
<Bunnyboy> oops
<Bunnyboy> I mean,
<Bunnyboy> kwd = Toto
<DocTechnical> peg of my heart
<klokwkdog> so what year does that make Dorothy?
<Bunnyboy> kend^: I gots no idea. But the first 33 cent stamp is Year of
the Hare.
<kend^> Bb: is that continuous or scheduling 1 tape/day?
<DocTechnical> ooh, those old p.b. machines tended to be a bit - shall
we
say - proprietary?
<klokwkdog> and just a little bit DOA
<Bunnyboy> kend^: It's backlog from a decade of taping
<kend^> i have seen it enough in chinese restaurants on the placemats, i
should know
<DocTechnical> wabbit twacks! huhuhuhuhuhuhuhhhh....
<klokwkdog> and two from Column B
<kend^> i'm probably of the "year of la cucaracha"
<TinyDrTim> Hey Cat - I read in last months Playboy that Jack Kerouac's
estate at his death was valued at $91
<kend^> Bb-you must have some shelving system then!
<DocTechnical> no tickee no washee
<DocTechnical> and please hold the m.s.g.
<TinyDrTim> Now it's worth $10 million!
<doctim> is that so? i know he was poor
<kend^> my god, there is a chinese rest. here, they have a cook that
looks
absolutely edible!
<doctim> i know the executors are feuding
<klokwkdog> have you visited the estate in Lowell? not exactly
Graceland
<Bunnyboy> kend^: I wish! That, and my LP collection
<kend^> i would take two of them any day, die happy
<doctim> never been to lowell
<DocTechnical> k: is that what they mean by the "chef's special?"
<LgrAxhandl> If only I could have died at birth and lived ! I could be
rich now.
<klokwkdog> jack left real quick
<kend^> lowell, mass?
<klokwkdog> yep
<DocTechnical> pardon me while i die laughing....
<LgrAxhandl> I been to Lowell, oh yeah
<kend^> haven't made it that far east in my peregrinations yet
<DocTechnical> i've been through lowell, never stopped there.
<klokwkdog> a good idea
<doctim> i think the closest i'll ever get to lowell is reading
kerouac's
books
<DocTechnical> hey tdt, can you op kwd:
<klokwkdog> which is like learning about Richmond from Tom Robbins
<DocTechnical> kwd: lol
<doctim> richmond? he always writes about seattle
<klokwkdog> you understand, then
<doctim> i thought there might be a tom robbins book i missed
* kend^ lisps: i'll take my romance novels any day over that TRASH
<LgrAxhandl> Doc: I'll put the DAT in the mail tomorrow along w/ a money
order..for what amount ?
<Bunnyboy> So, who else is in the Comedy Grammy horse race besides
Firesign? Are Foxworthy and Seinfeld REALLY nominees?
<TinyDrTim> Even Seattlites get the blues
<DocTechnical> i would guess that the lowell kerouac writes of has long
since vanished
<doctim> luger, is that the dat of you red shifting?
<DocTechnical> lgr: twelve bucks - gets you MYX & CGG
<HasNoName> Just like the FST's Los Angeles, as gone as Raymond
Chandler's
<TinyDrTim> steve martin and Brooks/Reiner
<klokwkdog> actually, lowell is kind of marooned there...
<doctim> that's a good point, has
<LgrAxhandl> yes indeed cat the very shift itself
<TinyDrTim> That message was for you Bb
<DocTechnical> you'll have a good laugh, and drift off into space. play
'em at the same time and do both!
<LgrAxhandl> Doc: kewl
<bfwestley> bb: yes, plus Brooks & Reiner for 2000 year old man, and
steve
martin
<doctim> looking forward to hearing it. also the firesign doing their
lines. pp asked me if i'd heard them yet, but la producer peter
stenshoel
has never even mentioned getting the DAT
<HasNoName> Steve Martin has a new album out?
<kend^> 2000 year old man? isn't that about that old? why nominated now?
<LgrAxhandl> Cat, BTW thanks for your email and the update
<bfwestley> it's a new one - 2000 year old man in the year 2000 - also
from Rhino
<Bunnyboy> kend^: Is new Brooks/Reiner album
<TinyDrTim> 2000 year old man in year 2000
<HasNoName> The 2000 Pound Old Man...
<doctim> what a tedious idea
<kend^> ok, didn't realize they were still producing those, will have to
get that one
<DocTechnical> my take on grammy shot: all nominees are veterans, but
none
has created something as aurally clever - and never really gotten their
due - as fst
<Bunnyboy> "My chest....can't breath..."
<Bunnyboy> "Oh my GOD! This man is DYING!!!"
<DocTechnical> actually, both the fst and brooks/reiner albums are on
the
rhino label.
<kend^> i don't stay up on awards shows, when is it?
<DocTechnical> rhino must really be happy about that.
<TinyDrTim> Pure Drivel was a very funny book, if you like Steve Martin,
which I do!
<DocTechnical> awards show scheduled for 2/24/1999
<bfwestley> I've got $5 riding on Firesign with my son - he says
Seinfeld
<LgrAxhandl> I think I've got a 'Hour of Slack' from the church of the
subgenius around here somewheres
<doctim> i suspect the grammys are just as much bullshit as emmys or
oscars
<bfwestley> Grammys are feb 24, right? But some are announced a day
before?
<DocTechnical> tdt: but what does the album sound like? or is it just
that, a "talking book" thing?
<HasNoName> I wouldn't be shocked if Seinfeld won...disapointed, but not
shocked.
<bfwestley> Do they do the comedy award on the regular show?
<Bunnyboy> I neglected to take the 2000 Year Old Man's advice on
longevity: "Walk, never run for a bus. There'll always be another one".
<kend^> politics and vote buying in all of them
<TinyDrTim> I haven't heard the album, Doc - Just read the book . . .
<DocTechnical> bfw: yeah, actually we should see if they'll be
webcasting
that part of the thing
<HasNoName> Actually, the Grammys are more BS than the Oscars, but
probably the same level as the Emmys
<Bunnyboy> 2 days before the end of 1998, I ran to catch my morning
commute, fell and racked my ribs on the asphalt.
<doctim> ouch
<Bunnyboy> indeed
<bfwestley> doc: I did send email to the grammy webmaster and the ibm
person doing the webcast. No replies yet.
<TinyDrTim> Rack of Ribs %15.95
<DocTechnical> yeah, if it's all based on cronyism, fst have only a
small
chance
<kend^> i prefer the daytime emmys myself, my money is riding on "the
young and the breastless", but "the bald and the beautiful" is right in
there too
<TinyDrTim> er, $15.95
<doctim> any more word on aspen?
<kend^> it's in colorado, doctim
<LgrAxhandl> Doc,Cat:let me know how things turn out on your end with
the
DAT. Hope it flies. I'm outta here. NITERS ALL
<TinyDrTim> They haven't moved it yet?
<Bunnyboy> Nite, Bill
<kend^> night, ax
<doctim> bye luger
<DocTechnical> bb: i've finally learned that lesson myself - thankfully,
never suffered overt physical injury, just learned to take it easy
regarding public transportation
<TinyDrTim> Night Bill!
<bfwestley> dtim, haven't heard anything on aspen.
*** LgrAxhandl has quit IRC (Quit: <DOORS CLOSE IN 5 SECONDS...)
<DocTechnical> lgr: when i get it, i'll put snapshots up in seemreal
website (oh, dang) - bye.....
<bfwestley> I know the python thing was pretty last minute, don't know
if
the grammy nom will spur anything.
<kend^> may i interject a very serious query here? does anyone here have
any experience with mitral valve prolapse syndrome?
<DocTechnical> bfw: good point, maybe aspenfolk will spring into action
<bfwestley> I think seinfeld might be 'too popular' to win, though.
It's
voted on by members of AFSCME or something
<DocTechnical> k: whoa - uh, no can't say i do
<klokwkdog> not me
<Bunnyboy> Then there's the other danger ON public tranportation: the
occasional disheveled individual, smelling of stale beer and mouldy
underpants...
<doctim> i wonder if the lads plan to play montreal is to play that
city's
comedy fest
<bfwestley> doctec, think I should drop an email to the aspen person?
<TinyDrTim> kend^ - Anything like China syndrome?
<DocTechnical> bfw: i've actually seen late-night ads for that album,
which would indicate to me they printed way more than they sold
<Bunnyboy> Even the Gnomes wouldn't touch those drawers
<DocTechnical> seinfeld, that is
<DocTechnical> bb: lol
<kend^> tdt, it's an actual disease, my wife was just diagnosed with it
this week
<TinyDrTim> Uh, Oh . . .
<bfwestley> fst might win by being the 'cool' choice. I like the way
Carlin knew their stuff really well.
<DocTechnical> bb: re subway residents: not as many in nyc subway system
as there once was
<Bunnyboy> Sorry to hear that, kend^, although I have no idea what the
disease is
<klokwkdog> valve stuff is serious - but they have mechanicals now
<bfwestley> doctec: of the sft album or seinfeld?
<DocTechnical> when i started commuting to nyc in '93, there was almost
one in every car during the winter
<bfwestley> doctec: oh
<DocTechnical> now, only see one every week or two
<kend^> non fatal, but lots of annoying symptoms, like heart
irregularities, depression, anxiety, etc.
<DocTechnical> bfw: the seinfeld album. have not seen any ads for fst
on
tv, nor do i expect to
<Bunnyboy> Doc: I hear NYC is bigtime "clean conscious" these days
<bfwestley> Bizarre sighting - I saw 6 copies of a Tina Louise CD at
Cheapo Records...
<doctim> wasnt there suppposed to be an ad in the new yorker?
<klokwkdog> for Tina or clean?
<kend^> tina louise? from gilligan's island?
<klokwkdog> she escaped?
<klokwkdog> again?
<DocTechnical> brb
<kend^> a three hour cruise
<Bunnyboy> Anybody see those POWER FOR LIVING ads on TV?
<klokwkdog> allegedly, that
<kend^> Bb: oh yes, i call in and give my friends name and address for
those
<Bunnyboy> I think SNL should do a parody: PROZAC FOR LIFE
<kend^> and the latter day saints, too
<klokwkdog> oops. allegedly, that's on a ST ship nameplate, one used
once
<TinyDrTim> and the Thighmaster
<kend^> not the thighmaster, that's not free
<DocTechnical> bb: yes, nyc is on a clean kick
<bfwestley> I forget what it was called - I choose "Tina Eara"
<Bunnyboy> "A thought, from the souless minions of Salt Lake City, Utah"
<klokwkdog> anyone here drink Orbit?
<DocTechnical> also, 2nd year in a row mta has a surplus, so they've
been
fixing up the subway system little by little
<kend^> guiliani going to run for senator, needs an ace up his sleeve
<DocTechnical> still have a long way to go, though
<doctim> first i drink, Then i orbit
<kend^> orbit? like jolt?
<TinyDrTim> Cat - lol
<klokwkdog> no, it has little things floating in it, like the antifreeze
testers
<DocTechnical> kwd: i think i had one last year, on the way to
hagerstown
to visit fred
<kend^> there's a brand of schnapps like that too
<klokwkdog> its's made in Canada
<kend^> with real gold leaf floating in it
<DocTechnical> i don't remember anything floating in it. maybe i was
drinking something else
<TinyDrTim> You were floating in it Doc
<Bunnyboy> Goldschlager, yes. Kick yer butt, that will.
<klokwkdog> you would know it - suddenly, cases of it are surplus in RI
<bfwestley> it's an emulsion!
<DocTechnical> tdt: all the cars looked like ants
<kend^> i have a bottle, but it's so pretty, i won't open it
<bfwestley> Dishwashing liquid!? - Sure, you're floating in it!
<DocTechnical> kend, here's a url for you to cut and paste into your
browser:
<kend^> i wonder what a radiologist would think after you drank that,
all
these spots on your x-ray
<bfwestley> I have millions of fans - of course, most of them are ants
<DocTechnical> {editor's note: URL did not appear in log}
<kend^> thanks dt, the catcher in this program will get it, will check
out
later
<kend^> army ants, hut, two, three, four!
<TinyDrTim> I have millions of ants, but most of them are uncles
<klokwkdog> suddenly its ants. was dinosaurs, now ants. fads!
<kend^> yep, that url catcher is still on the job, it's there, waiting
for
me to point and click
<TinyDrTim> See, I got this free ant farm . . .
<DocTechnical> just checked a couple of the links...
<klokwkdog> 40 acres and a queen?
<DocTechnical> ...it's a largely hereditary heart condition that affects
5
to 20 percent of the population...
<kend^> dt: at least she knows now that most of her problems have a
cause,
she's not going nuts
<klokwkdog> 20 percent? Yikes!
<TinyDrTim> But what a Queen she was!
<DocTechnical> ...males are affected, but the majority of the cases are
frmale...
<kend^> usually innocuous, but there are risks involved in
it--depression
can be a real killer
<bfwestley> The farm is free, ants are $25 each
<DocTechnical> ...treatrment: cut out all caffiene and sugar, take
exercise, drink lots of fluids, medications are available.
<TinyDrTim> klok, are you in the Firehead Directory under a different
nick?
<kend^> we already have an appointment with another doctor next week to
talk about it, dt
<klokwkdog> could be somehow, someelse, but 1st time i'm here ever
<klokwkdog> i like to watch
<TinyDrTim> Oh, a lurker, eh?
<DocTechnical> you should peruse the links with her beforehand, some
very
useful info there
<TinyDrTim> Welcome lurker
<klokwkdog> yep, John Q. Lurker, hisself
<DocTechnical> kwd: so glad you could join us, now can you separate us
too?
<DocTechnical> it's getting hard to move.....

End Part A