Ok, this is a weird message...I know. But please...read it. Thanks much. Oh, and it is NOT a commercial message!

testing

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
Dear readers:

Hi everyone! My name is Chris O'Connor and I'm 32 years old. I live in
Clearwater, FL and am engaged to a beautiful girl who is 25 years old. Our
wedding is scheduled for March of 2001, so not very long from now. My fiancé
and I have been together for almost 8 years and are very much in love. We most
certainly will be together for the rest of our lives.

I was recently fired from my job and I am completely broke. I have started an
incentive business and am slowly doing better and better. Oh, how was I fired
you ask? Well, lets put it this way. One year ago the company had around 220
employees. Today they have 120. About 100 of us were terminated over the
course of the year including the President, SVP Sales & Marketing, VP National
Accounts, VP Human Resources, VP Wholesale Division, and about 5 Sales
Managers. 65 employees were fired on one day.

But that's not the purpose of this message. Here is my situation. I owe
$42,000 in financial aid and $22,000 in credit card debt. My fiancé owes about
$55,000 in financial aid and about $4,000 in credit card debt. She is just
finishing her Masters in Comparative Literature, so her educational expenses
dwarf mine. The road to recovery will be a long one...obviously. We are
extremely stressed about our sitution.

With the wedding coming quick, I am really in a bind. I am trying to make
enough sales to just pay the power and other bills right now, let alone pay
for wedding expenses. My fiancés parents will be putting about $5,000 into the
wedding, which leaves us with several thousand dollars to pay ourselves. There
really is no way out of a large wedding as her family is huge. Her mother has
16 living brothers and sisters. Her immediate family is going to be no less
than 80 people, and when you add her friends and my family and friends...we
are at about 175 - 190. We estimate 170 will show up.

The purpose of this message is not to share a sob story, as I know we all have
a story to tell. My current life is definitely not a sob story. I am simply
hoping that a few complete strangers will read this and relate. Those of you
reading this that have little money yourselves...I am not asking for you to
donate. Take care of yourself and your family. This post is only for people
that have reached a level of financial freedom in their lives, but might have
some memories of when things were not so good.

If I get a few positive responses and it looks like posting this message to
the newsgroups will work, I will create a "Wedding" website. The website will
be created before the wedding and will be up and online long after the
wedding. All details will be posted in the newgroups AND on the website. Total
disclosure of how much money was donated will be available to anyone who
cares.

The purpose of the website will be to tell our story, and a little about each
other. There will be a page thanking every single person who was kind enough
to help. Anyone who gives me permission to put their name will have their name
and the amount donated on the site. The names can be just initials so people
don't try to hunt you down to ask for money.

For those of you teetering on the edge and I hope a few of you are, I am
willing to do a few things to insure you that this is no scam. I am more than
willing to talk to you and let you write a check directly to the DJ,
videographer, catering service, Priest, Limousine rental company, Tuxedo
rental company, cake company, etc.

Donations of as little as $1 would be appreciated. I estimate we are short
about $4,000, so every little bit helps. Anyway, if you have labored to read
this entirely, well then I do appreciate the gesture. Please, think about it.
I would greatly appreciate any help from anyone out there that could send a
few dollars.

I promise to keep people posted as to the result of this money request, and
will follow through with the website if there are enough donations to warrant
it. I will even post details and pictures of the wedding on the website. This
is a genuine plea for help, and no part of this post is false or exaggerated
in anyway.

Donations can be mailed to:

Chris O'Connor
PO Box 4624
Clearwater, FL 33758

questions can be directed to my email address: coco...@tampabay.rr.com

If you don't want to donate, but still would like to comment...please feel
free to write.

Thank you all very much!

Chris

Gary Gray

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
fooking hell whatever next , hard luck wedding spam!

Dude don't spend money on your wedding , eat spam instead!

And no you aint getting no feckin money

Gary

testing <y...@somehost.somedomain> wrote in message

Paul Bartram

Nov 16, 2000, 5:36:12 PM11/16/00

"Gary Gray" <gary...@clara.co.uk> wrote

> fooking hell whatever next , hard luck wedding spam!
> Dude don't spend money on your wedding , eat spam instead!
> And no you aint getting no feckin money
> Gary
>

> testing <y...@somehost.somedomain> wrote <heaps>

I think the alias says it all. He and his mates were sinking suds all
night and someone said "I bet if you posted a message full of bulldust
to as many newsgroups as you can find, at least one prat will believe
it and send you money"

"OK", he replied, "Let's test it and see..." Could almost be a script
for 'Men Behaving Badly' in that!

Paul

Tricky Dicky

Nov 16, 2000, 7:05:53 PM11/16/00
Paul Bartram <pbar...@powerup.com.au> wrote in
message news:3a14616d@grissom...

My usual suspects for this type of shite are
tabloid editors.

Amazingly, tabloid type still think the internet
is ripe for their kind of bollocks. Can someone
point out we have moved on ....

lil_n...@my-deja.com

Nov 16, 2000, 7:36:03 PM11/16/00

> Chris O'Connor
> PO Box 4624
> Clearwater, FL 33758
>
> save the money you are spending on that post office box and buy 60
stamps then mail out your plea to 60 people who give a damn
then....never mind, you are not worth my time

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.