I Have Returned!

Karl Malden

May 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/30/97

D. Arthur Rosenfield wrote:
> =

> Hello. I have gotten internet access. So I am back.
> =

> Life is good. I work 75 hours a week, so don't expect to see me a
> lot.
> =

> meow.
> =

> -------------------(rose...@cs.wisc.edu)-------------------
> "I own news."
> -Fluffy

Yeah, thanks for that.
NOW FUCK OFF LOSER BOY!

-- =

=D0=CF=11=E0=A1=B1=1A=E1

Bradley C. Dennis

Jun 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/3/97

Karl Malden <spa...@nccnet.co.uk> wrote in article
<338F4A...@nccnet.co.uk>...

D. Arthur Rosenfield wrote:

>> Hello. I have gotten internet access. So I am back.
>>
>> Life is good. I work 75 hours a week, so don't expect to see me a
>> lot.
>>
>> meow.

>> -------------------(rose...@cs.wisc.edu)-------------------
>> "I own news."
>> -Fluffy
>
>Yeah, thanks for that.
>NOW FUCK OFF LOSER BOY!

How dare you address the Ayatollah Meow in such a manner.
Off with your head!
--
Bradley C. Dennis
Official Friends of Zircon Member #0012a

D. Arthur Rosenfield

Jun 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/4/97

On Sat, 31 May 1997 18:53:03 -0700, Top Jimmy <cd...@imap2.asu.edu>
wrote:

>On Fri, 30 May 1997, Raoul Xemblinosky III wrote:
>
>> Top Jimmy wrote:
>> >

>> > On Fri, 30 May 1997, John Rear Admiral McKeon pulled his head out of his
>> > ass long enough to write:

>> > Where the fuck have you been? Have you missed everything I posted
>> > regarding Rosenfield, or are you just stupid? Probably the latter.
>> > Fuckhead.
>>
>> Ignored it, probably. You have to admit that your newsreader problems
>> made you look like a real dickswabber when you first started posting
>> to these groups.
>>

>So I had problems with my newsreader. I fixed them. Life goes on, so
>get over it. It doesn't change the fact that Rosenfield is a fucking liar.

I will state it again for your tiny little brain. I have never once
participated in a meow invasion. Yes, some of my posts slipped into
alt.college.college-bowl, but we were having a "dialog" with some of
the members of that group. Not an invasion.

You see, there are some sad, pathetic people who are unable to
distiguish joking around with actual maliscious behavior. Trust me,
if we wanted to invade a.c.c-b, there would be nothing left by now.

Although I will admit there were a few children who did manage to stir
up quite a bit of trouble in there, but they are not to be confused
with the central meow clique, which is not in the least bit harmful.
The greatest threat to meow culture are the so-called wannabes.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that you are suffering from acute
recto-cranial insertion.

meow.

ObCollegeBowl: I might form "Team Meow" at Wisconsin next semester.
We plan on making it all the way to Nationals, then in the
championship, answer every question "meow." Wouldn't that be fun?

Dr. Gilbert

Jun 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/4/97

Rosenfield the college idiot wrote:

> I will state it again for your tiny little brain. I have never once
> participated in a meow invasion. Yes, some of my posts slipped into
> alt.college.college-bowl, but we were having a "dialog" with some of
> the members of that group. Not an invasion.

Liar.

> You see, there are some sad, pathetic people who are unable to
> distiguish joking around with actual maliscious behavior. Trust me,
> if we wanted to invade a.c.c-b, there would be nothing left by now.

meow'er=pathetic.
Now ran and get me a order of fries.

> Although I will admit there were a few children who did manage to stir
> up quite a bit of trouble in there, but they are not to be confused
> with the central meow clique, which is not in the least bit harmful.
> The greatest threat to meow culture are the so-called wannabes.
> Anyway, the long and short of it is that you are suffering from acute
> recto-cranial insertion.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAH!!

> meow.
>
> ObCollegeBowl: I might form "Team Meow" at Wisconsin next semester.
> We plan on making it all the way to Nationals, then in the
> championship, answer every question "meow." Wouldn't that be fun?

Boring and irrelevant.-CollegePuP

Timothy J Young

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

D. Arthur Rosenfield (da...@rosenfield.org) wrote:
: >> > > >Good. You never replied when I showed how much you've lied about

: >> > > >how you've "never taken over a group" and the truth about
: >> > > >alt.college.college-bowl.
: >> > >
: >>
: >So I had problems with my newsreader. I fixed them. Life goes on, so
: >get over it. It doesn't change the fact that Rosenfield is a fucking liar.

: I will state it again for your tiny little brain. I have never once

: participated in a meow invasion. Yes, some of my posts slipped into
: alt.college.college-bowl, but we were having a "dialog" with some of
: the members of that group. Not an invasion.

: You see, there are some sad, pathetic people who are unable to

: distiguish joking around with actual maliscious behavior. Trust me,
: if we wanted to invade a.c.c-b, there would be nothing left by now.

There's precious little left now. Of course, it is June...

: Although I will admit there were a few children who did manage to stir

: up quite a bit of trouble in there, but they are not to be confused
: with the central meow clique, which is not in the least bit harmful.
: The greatest threat to meow culture are the so-called wannabes.

: Anyway, the long and short of it is that you are suffering from acute
: recto-cranial insertion.

: meow.

: ObCollegeBowl: I might form "Team Meow" at Wisconsin next semester.
: We plan on making it all the way to Nationals, then in the
: championship, answer every question "meow." Wouldn't that be fun?

A couple things : UW-Madison has a CB program running, and it's a
pretty decent one too. Of course, that Region is pretty much UChicago's
turf and has been as long as I can remember.

Every so often, when I've come across questions I didn't know the answer
to, I gave the answer "meow." (Or "Fluffy," if the answer was a
person/animal.)

It's damned hard to write a packet where "meow" is the correct answer to a
question. The closest there's ever been was a packet I wrote last year
which contained questions about "Schroedinger's Cat," (a famous
thought experiment regarding radioactive decay and probabity) "Cat On A
Hot Tin Roof" (the Tennessee Williams play), "The Cat In The Hat," and, of
course, "Henrietta Pussycat."

The latter went something like this : "Meow meow for a quick ten points
meow the moderator is meow imitating meow, what fictional character meow
found in meow the Land of Make Believe meow in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood?"

: -------------------(rose...@cs.wisc.edu)-------------------
: "I own news."
: -Fluffy

--
| Tim Young (tjy...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu) Red Sox o-Meter : |
| GWU Law School '99 : Dartmouth College '96 :p :p |

maribeth swiatek

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

> course, "Henrietta Pussycat."
>
> The latter went something like this : "Meow meow for a quick ten points
> meow the moderator is meow imitating meow, what fictional character meow
> found in meow the Land of Make Believe meow in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood?"

This, my friend, is a damn cool question. What tournament was this for,
or was it just a practice packet? I'd like to see this sometime.

-- maribeth swiatek, affiliation in a superposition of states

Raoul Xemblinosky III

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

That's pretty cool. But what did the Harvard team think of that?

Bonus question: Who played drums on the eponymous Boston album?

- Raoul Xemblinosky III ----------------------------------------------
a.f.k-m.n "When did they teach illegals English?"
alt.flame (J. Prophet-Retard, English Critic)
alt.evil -- . --- .--
- http://super.zippo.com/~shpxurnq/home.htm --------------------------

James R Quintong

Jun 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/6/97

maribeth swiatek <swi...@glibm8.cen.uiuc.edu> writes:

>> course, "Henrietta Pussycat."
>>
>> The latter went something like this : "Meow meow for a quick ten points
>> meow the moderator is meow imitating meow, what fictional character meow
>> found in meow the Land of Make Believe meow in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood?"

>This, my friend, is a damn cool question. What tournament was this for,
>or was it just a practice packet? I'd like to see this sometime.

Nice to see a real post here and there...

Anyways, that question was for the Michigan State Buzz-A-Rama back in
October. Those packets made its way to tournaments around the country
through some packet swaps.
I remember playing this question and having a brain freeze while my teammate
who was sitting out was about to kill us for not getting it.
BTW, we were playing a Michigan team at the time and I do remember Rory
getting a neg-5 on the question by answering "Matt Colvin." Wrong on many
counts, eh?

--
James Quintong, Medill School of Journalism, Class of '97
e-mail: jqsm...@mindspring.com, WWW: http://www.mindspring.com/~jamesq/