Left hand work around

curly mustache

May 31, 2005, 9:22:34 PM5/31/05
As a kid fp s are what we had. I liked the pens. I liked to mess with
the lever to fill it. I HATED to write with it, because I'm left handed
and made a mess.

I haven't played with fps sence 6th grade,but I got one coming from
ebay. I surfed this polete group and got hooked. Don't know if l will
use it much if I make a mess.
any ideas?

tom

Nancy Handy

Jun 1, 2005, 12:39:33 AM6/1/05
curly mustache <toms...@webtv.net> wrote:

> As a kid fp s are what we had. I liked the pens. I liked to mess with
> the lever to fill it. I HATED to write with it, because I'm left handed
> and made a mess.

> any ideas?

Get a fine nib or extra fine nib with a somewhat stingy ink flow and use
fast drying ink on an absorbant paper, not a slick glossy paper.
If you can enjoy that, then it might work out for you.

Nancy

Juhapekka Tolvanen

Jun 1, 2005, 3:22:19 AM6/1/05

toms...@webtv.net (curly mustache) writes:

> As a kid fp s are what we had. I liked the pens. I liked to mess with
> the lever to fill it. I HATED to write with it, because I'm left
> handed and made a mess.

(Clip)
> any ideas?

I have stumbled across these WWW-pages in my endless journeys in
cyberspace and its information highways and foothpaths:

http://www.nibs.com/Left-hand%20writers.htm

http://www.pencollectors.com/pennant/spring00/nibworks.html

HTH

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Lennän taas. Olen juppihippipunkkari ja vaihdan paikkaa. Lennän taas. Turha

Chuck Swisher

Jun 2, 2005, 4:39:15 AM6/2/05
Tom wrote:

Hi Tom,

Try a bottle of our Swisher Pens brand of ink with a fine or medium nib on
some Cambridge (or similar type of paper) and unless you try real hard you
shouldn't get any ink on your hand. This ink dries in about 2 seconds on
the Cambridge pads of paper without any feathering. Our ink is made for us
by the same individual that makes Noodler's and it was originally made for
use on pure cotton and laid types of paper (my favorites) but when testing
we discovered it dried super fast on certain brands (types) of paper. Not
the best ink for writing on Newspaper quality paper but other than that I
use if for just about all my writing (sometimes I mix in some of the
Noodler's Waterproof inks to make it waterproof).

Here's a link to this ink in our shopping cart:

http://www.nexternal.com/swisher/?Product=1318

You will find a list of some of the other papers we've tested for drying
times.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Chuck Swisher - ch...@swisherpens.com

Swisher Pens, Inc. - www.swisherpens.com

Tele: (757) 471-7445, TF: 1-888-340-7367, Fax: (757) 925-2787

Message has been deleted

Chuck Swisher

Jun 2, 2005, 12:46:17 PM6/2/05
Fred wrote:

> I use the Noodler's Waterproof Black and Swisher Black mix (1:1) and I
> really like the combo. Try it out.

We may have this available already mixed in the large 4.5 ounce bottles on
our web site in the very near future. This ink is being called Noodler's
Eternal "Swishmix" and will be offered to the public for the first time this
weekend at the Raleigh Pen Show (if UPS gets it to the hotel on time in one
piece). This ink is being made in 5 colors at this time, 4 of which are
unique colors (the black is still one of the blackest black inks you can
buy). This ink is being made primarily for use in the Kaweco Eyedropper Ink
Rollers and Fountain Pens, but will work just fine in any fountain pen. I
have been using these mixed inks for almost 6 months now and find that not
only do you get the benefit of the waterproofness of the Noodler's Eternal
inks, this ink tends to flow better in some of the modern pens that have
very fine ink channels and also tends to dry a bit faster then the other
Eternal inks. This ink is going to be priced at $13.00 for the Black and
$20.00 for the other colors. There are only 10 bottles of each color in
existence at this time and they are on the way from Massachusetts to North
Carolina as I type this post. If any of you wish to order a bottle of this
ink and pick it up at the Raleigh Show this weekend please e-mail me at
ch...@swisherpens.com by Friday. If you aren't going to the show and would
like to order some of this ink, please let me know and I'll try to bring
your ink back from Raleigh and ship it next week (please understand there
will be shipping costs added if the ink isn't picked up at the show). If we
see there is a demand for this ink after the show we will add this ink to
our web site in a couple of weeks. Sorry this was so long. Hope to see you
in Raleigh this weekend.

Chuck Swisher

Jun 2, 2005, 1:02:44 PM6/2/05
Oops! Forgot to mention the colors of this new ink. They are Nile Ebony,
Glacier Blue, True Rouge (red), Lake Shore Spruce (green) and Burgundy.

Chuck Swisher

Jun 3, 2005, 10:18:50 AM6/3/05
I have just seen the prototypes so I asked Nathan to provide me a swatch of
these new colors so you can see what you are ordering ;-)

Here's a link to the new Eternal Swishmix ink color chart:

http://www.swisherpens.com/Swisher_Pens_Ink/SwishMix-swatches.jpg

Thank you, we appreciate your orders for this new ink (now, let me know if
you wish to cancel after seeing the colors ;-)

Best wishes,

Chuck Swisher - ch...@swisherpens.com

Swisher Pens, Inc. - www.swisherpens.com

Tele: (757) 539-2209, TF: 1-888-340-7367, Fax: (757) 925-2787