Mont Blanc Solitaire Gold Oddity - can you help?

Mark

May 7, 2007, 6:57:17 PM5/7/07
Although we normally retail <a href="http://
www.pensfromheaven.com">luxury and designer writing instruments,
refills and accessories online</a>, we would like to help out a
customer who has an interesting problem, in the form of a 'non-
standard' Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Solitaire fountain pen, and wonder
if you can help fill in any of the missing information.<br>
believe owned the Mont Blanc brand. The [fountain] pen was part of a
consignment sent to the States and returned when it was discovered
that the nib was 14 carat gold and not 18 carat.<br>
not sure if it can be regarded as a collectors piece or purely an
oddity. I get the impression that very few exist. (I could be wrong).
rarity) - or less (as a pen with a fault) - than the normal market
value?<br>
supporting documentation, however the outer cardboard shipping carton
(in which it has been stored all these years) is a rather dog-eared
but does have some interesting sticker information on it<br>
www.pensfromheaven.com">www.PensFromHeaven.com</a>, scroll down a
little and click the big black Mont Blanc Solitaire Oddity box for
much more information (you can't miss it!).<br>
be very grateful indeed, as he would like to find a loving home for
the implement and has no idea what to ask for it, nor how many exist.
I can also answer any queries, where possible, if you have them.
Thanks in advance!

Message has been deleted

Aaron Hsu

May 7, 2007, 10:09:17 PM5/7/07
On Mon, 07 May 2007 20:43:21 -0500, j. fabian <fabian@don't.panix.com>
wrote:

> About half of my Montblancs have 14K nibs
> -- which I prefer.

So, why do you prefer the 14K over the 18?

--
Aaron Hsu <aaro...@sacrificumdeo.net>
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he

Haven3

May 7, 2007, 11:28:15 PM5/7/07
As with most collectibles, I would have to say that if it is an
oddity, especially with the brand and type of oddity, that it would
indeed make it even more collectible. And again, even more so if it
was truly a limited "run" of the oddity. Even mis-stamped pennies are
worth more to some collectors, but this is an even rarier type of
error. I really have no idea how many were made, but I would say that
it is probably worth a good penny. All puns intended. (I guess that is
a pun.)

Message has been deleted

Mark

May 9, 2007, 4:34:51 AM5/9/07
I just wanted to say "many thanks" for all the replies to my original
post so far.... I appreciate the time you've all taken to give me your
thoughts. [Still a bit confused though....!].

Keep 'em coming (please)!

Mark

May 11, 2007, 5:59:13 AM5/11/07
A bit of an update on the fountain pen under scrutiny... thanks to
various very knowledgeable souls who have been in contact via email or
through the writing instrument forums.... see "update" (right at the
top of the page) at the following address for latest info on this pen:
http://www.pilotdesign.info/Mont_Blanc/Solitaire_gold_fountain_pen.htm

Thanks to all so far.... just need to decide on it's value now - an
issue which has turned out to be a bit of a grey area.