Please Pray for Transformation of our Community

MW

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99

Hello brother and sisters,

My Name is Meaghan. 1 month ago my uncle and aunt watched a movie called
"Transformations"

We are Cowichan Indians - on Vancouver Island - In BC Canada. For the past
year - we have been working hard within our community to end the abuse -
corruption and darkness that has overrun our reserve.

You can see some of our efforts at http://www.cow-net.com/tiltulum

My aunt and uncle and members of our society (The Somena Governance Society)
- feel led to start holding prayer meetings for the community since we have
realized that in our fight against the darkness in our community, we have not
brought God into the picture as much as we should have. We have been doing
this for a year and have only made a dent in the problems we are facing.

We have comitted 20 people to come together on Monday Nights at 7:00 PST to
pray for our community - to pray for the corrupt people running our band
office - to pray for the homeless families on our reserve and those afflicted
with alcohol and drug addiction.

The family that runs our band office has held its power over the community
for over 20 years. By fighting the flesh - we have made a dent. But we feel
we must focus now more on the power of the Holy Spirit to bring about a
transformation. The family that runs our reserve is engaged in witch craft
and sorcery. People in the community are terrified of the power of this
family. We are praying for the fear to be broken and for the power of the
Holy Spirit to give people courage and bring them to the Lord.

If you have a few minutes on Monday Night - between the hours of 7:00 PM PST
- and 9:00 - please take a few minutes to pray for our community to be
delivered from the darkness that it currently is held by.

In Jesus's name - I thank you.

I welcome emails and requests for our group to pray for your needs as well
when we gather.

I will update - if that is welcome, on the results of the Power of God
working in our lives.

Meaghan Walker
tilt...@cow-net.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Paul James

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
MONDAY NIGHT

Dear Meaghan,

We are with you in prayer. Ephesians 6: 1-18

Yours in Christ's fellowship,

Paul

MW wrote in message <82g296$2r9$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>Hello brother and sisters,
>
>My Name is Meaghan. 1 month ago my uncle and aunt watched a movie called
>"Transformations"
>
>We are Cowichan Indians - on Vancouver Island - In BC Canada. For the past
>year - we have been working hard within our community to end the abuse -
>corruption and darkness that has overrun our reserve.
>
>You can see some of our efforts at http://www.cow-net.com/tiltulum

Rob Robertson

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
Meaghan,

Praise our most Holy God. You are on the right and the only path as you
commit to prayer. We have had a prayer group going in our little church for
over a year (nearly 2 now that I think). We are going through changes from a
legalistic background, into amazing grace. but many appear weary, and losing
interest in the congregation. We have lost many members, from 100 down to
about 50 now. Still there is little visible sign of outpouring of the Spirit
in our midst, but we (the prayer group of 6 only) persist in faithfully
going before God. I know He will answer. In the meantime He is refining us
as we depend on Him and Him alone.

I realize now that our prayers must be full of desire and zeal. I just
finished reading a wonderful account of a minister who demonstrated the real
power of prayer (the titanic's last hero by Moody Adams)

With your permission I will take the needs of your prayer group before ours.
It meets on Monday nights too but EST (Aust!) a little ahead of your time.

Do not let anything divert you from this most important work.

Rob R

Bendigo Australia

MW wrote in message <82g296$2r9$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>Hello brother and sisters,
>
>My Name is Meaghan. 1 month ago my uncle and aunt watched a movie called
>"Transformations"
>
>We are Cowichan Indians - on Vancouver Island - In BC Canada. For the past
>year - we have been working hard within our community to end the abuse -
>corruption and darkness that has overrun our reserve.
>
>You can see some of our efforts at http://www.cow-net.com/tiltulum

Calmonetwo

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
In article <82h2t5$53q$1...@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, "Paul James"
<Ja...@4v15.swinternet.co.uk> writes:

>Dear Meaghan,
>
>We are with you in prayer. Ephesians 6: 1-18
>
>Yours in Christ's fellowship,

Amen