Kevin Mitnick Action Alert #1

TRON

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
to TelePhreak a.k.a Acidhak
First off, i doubt many people are going to take someone named Acidhak
seriously, its a lame handle. anyone who has to use hack or phreak in
their handle should be shot.
emailing from a hotmail account, lame free email for losers who cant
get a real email account or are niave enough to think that its anonymous
and untracable.

As for kevin, his fat ass can rot in jail playing drop the soap in the
showers with his new husband big bubba.
he was stupid and let himself be traced to the cell phone he was using, he
broke into systems and stole credit cards, among other things not in the
guidelines of the hacker ethic and what hacking is about, but for his own
gain and personal agenda.

As for the movie its deplorable that hollywood would glamorize and profit
off the bullshit they write, like "Hackers" and the upcoming "Takedown".

As for eric corley, aka emmanuel goldstein, he the biggest peice of shit
around, he turns idiots that get themselves caught like kevin and ed
cummings, and turn them into martyers for the cause so he can milk it for
all its worth on his web page and radio show, and sell his magazine and
merchindise, hes nothing but a profiteer.

People who belive or are programmed by idiots like corley into thinking
morons that get themselves caught like mitnick, or run a crap magazine
that prints outdated articles are some sort of gods, when in reality there
just fools.

Then theres the idiots that crash AT&T then narc there brothern out (i.e.
chris goggans, marc abene, mentor, flamming carrot), gets busted selling
cc's (kyrie), brags about what they do (shadowhawk), get busted for
letting people post credit and calling cards on their bbs (Scorpion), etc
etc mea culpa.

Learn all the facts about whats going on, who these people are, what
theyve done before you go on some self-rightous crusade for idiots like
mitnick.

TRON

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, TelePhreak a.k.a Acidhak wrote:

> [...]
> cycles. You might as well use them for a good cause. More information is
> at:
> http://www.paranoid.org/mitnick/
> G) Contact Net activists and ask them to get involved. The trial is getting
> nearer, and Kevin needs help now, not in a couple of years on appeal.
> H) Read, read, read. Read the books about Kevin's case, and the information
> at www.kevinmitnick.com. The more information you have, the better able
> you'll be to discuss the case.
> I) Spread the word. Tell people about Kevin's case, hand out fliers, do
> whatever you can to try to help balance out the negative hype.
> J) Repost this message to appropriate forums.
> K) Think of more ideas like these and post them to the mailing list.

> CONTACTS:
> For feedback about this document, contact mit...@paranoid.org.
> Emmanuel Goldstein of "2600" can be reached at emma...@2600.com.
> Feedback on the www.kevinmitnick.com website should go to
> fi...@2600.com.
> We can all be reached through the mit...@2600.com Majordomo list.
> ASCII art by rOTTEN.
> People to contact about the movie "Takedown," as posted to the
> mit...@2600.com list:
> Miramax Films
> 7966 Beverly Blvd.
> Los Angeles, CA 90048
> (213) 951-4200
> (213) 951-4315 (fax)
> Miramax Films
> 375 Greenwich St., 3rd floor
> New York, NY 10013
> (212) 941-3800
> (212) 941-3949 (fax)
> ANDREW STENGEL
> Publicist for Miramax
> (212) 625-2222
> DAILY VARIETY
> 5700 Wilshire Boulevard #120
> Los Angeles, CA 90036
> (213) 857-6600
> MONICA ROMAN
> Variety writer who wrote internet announcement
> about "Takedown" movie
> (212) 337-7001 (Variety New York office)
> HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
> 5055 Wilshire Bouevard #600
> Los Angeles, CA 90036
> (213) 525-2000
> SKEET ULRICH (actor who will play Kevin Mitnick)
> ICM
> 8942 Wilshire Boulevard
> Beverly Hills, CA 90211
> (310) 550-4000
> (310) 550-4100 (fax)
> (this is the agency representing Skeet)
> Aleen Keshishian (212) 556-5698 (Skeet's agent)
> JOE CHAPPELLE (director of Takedown)
> Bohrman Agency
> 8489 W. Third Street
> Los Angeles, CA 90048
> (213) 653-6701
> (agency representing Chappelle)
> DAVID NEWMAN
> HOWARD RODMAN
> JOHN DANZA
> (writers of Takedown script)
> There were too many Newmans to trace.
> Danza is not listed with the Writers Guild.

TRON

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
to Comrade Phoney

On 7 Jul 1998, Comrade Phoney wrote:

> TRON <dig...@telis.org> wrote in article <Pine.GSO.3.96.980707053238.6943A-100000@homeroom>...

> > First off, i doubt many people are going to take someone named Acidhak
> > seriously, its a lame handle. anyone who has to use hack or phreak in
> > their handle should be shot.
>

> What's the penalty for calling oneself "Tron," electrocution?

Nothing, i've been using it for over 13 years.

> > emailing from a hotmail account, lame free email for losers who cant
> > get a real email account or are niave enough to think that its anonymous
> > and untracable.
> >
> > As for kevin, his fat ass can rot in jail playing drop the soap in the
> > showers with his new husband big bubba.
> > he was stupid and let himself be traced to the cell phone he was using, he
> > broke into systems and stole credit cards, among other things not in the
> > guidelines of the hacker ethic and what hacking is about, but for his own
> > gain and personal agenda.
>

> That's usually the motive for breaking the law.

Yes but its not what hacking is about.

> > As for the movie its deplorable that hollywood would glamorize and profit
> > off the bullshit they write, like "Hackers" and the upcoming "Takedown".
>

> Hollywood is in the business of glamorizing and profiting from the bullshit it produces. That's what they do there for a living. It's an amoral place that produces whatever is startling enough to attract people's attention for 100 minutes.
>
> Hollywood tends to glamorize crimes of all kinds, particularly robbery and murder. (Remember "The Godfather", "Heat", "Dog Day Afternoon", "Bonnie and Clyde", "Thief", and a gazillion others?) Why should you be aghast at electronic theft being pumped up a little while they've been teaching kids for decades that killing and stealing are an exciting, entertaining, and profitable way of life?

I know, theve been glamorizing computer crime since "Wargames" came out,
but it just keeps getting worse with movies like "The Net", "Sneakers",
etc.

> > As for eric corley, aka emmanuel goldstein, he the biggest peice of shit
> > around, he turns idiots that get themselves caught like kevin and ed
> > cummings, and turn them into martyers for the cause so he can milk it for
> > all its worth on his web page and radio show, and sell his magazine and
> > merchindise, hes nothing but a profiteer.
> >
> > People who belive or are programmed by idiots like corley into thinking
> > morons that get themselves caught like mitnick, or run a crap magazine
> > that prints outdated articles are some sort of gods, when in reality there
> > just fools.
> >
> > Then theres the idiots that crash AT&T then narc there brothern out (i.e.
> > chris goggans, marc abene, mentor, flamming carrot), gets busted selling
> > cc's (kyrie), brags about what they do (shadowhawk), get busted for
> > letting people post credit and calling cards on their bbs (Scorpion), etc
> > etc mea culpa.
>

> Mea culpa? What, you let people post stolen credit cards on your BBS? What are you guilty of?

Yes, look it up in a Latin dictonary.
Letting people post cc's on your bbs is stupid, it will attracts feds,
just ask Paul.

> > Learn all the facts about whats going on, who these people are, what
> > theyve done before you go on some self-rightous crusade for idiots like
> > mitnick.
> >
> > TRON
>

> Basically, I agree with much of your sentiment here, but I'd like to note some things.
>
> 1.) You're WAY too ready to shoot people, or at least you talk as though you are, and that is offensive in today's world.

We live in a violent world, and taking out idiots like these wouldnt hurt,
i fact it may improve things.

> 2.) There's nothing wrong with profit, as long as what one profits from isn't based on theft or lies.

Yes there is, hacking isnt about making money, and profiting from it is
wrong.

> 3.) If you're going to pontificate from your Newport Beach pulpit, run your post through a spelling checker (and a grammar checker if you've got one) before you send it. How are you going to impress anyone with your thoughts when they're too busy trying to ignore your spelling and grammatical gaffs?

Well at 5:00am im dont really give a fuck about misspelling a few words,
especially when i go on a tyraid about bullshit like this.

TRON