Diamond Internal Storage fix

Roger 2008

Apr 25, 2009, 10:51:38 AM4/25/09
The way to check to see if the "Internal Storage" on the Diamond is
functioning properly is to go to Start->Settings->System->Memory->Storage
Card and see if it list "Total storage card memory."

If it shows memory for the "Storage Card" then that Diamond is operating
properly and there is no need to continue reading this post.

==========

If you do a search for "Diamond Internal Storage" you will quickly see
numerous complains about it not working properly and if you keep searching
for items on the subject you will find a few different ways to fix it..

The easiest way to fix it is to get the hotfix from HTC.com under Support
but their hotfix does not work with their new ROM.

If you install the new ROM before you try to apply their hotfix there is
another way to get the "Internal Storage" working.

I used a variation of what I found at:
http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=SmartPhones&thread.id=4742

To fix a problem I had with the "Internal Storage" I started at:
Start->Settings->Connections->USB to PC and set it to "Disk Drive" so the
Diamond would look like a Thumb drive.

I tried a few times to format the drive with XP and it kept locking up my
computer. When I tried it with Vista it formatted the drive instead of
locking up my computer. And you can do a quick format on the drive since
that is all you need.

It is bad enough that the Diamond is limited to 4G of Internal Storage but
even 4G is better than nothing. :-)