6230 and syncml over bluetooth

martin f. krafft

Jul 13, 2004, 8:12:32 AM7/13/04
We operate an internal SyncML server which is not accessible from
the net. Most people just connect to their local PC via bluetooth
and then tunnel the SyncML connection through BT and forward it with
their workstation.

I can't seem to get this to work with the 6230. It seems to only do
GRPS/GSM, which is of no use in this sitation.

Could you advise how I can establish a PAN (IP / L2CAP) or DUN
(Dial-up, PPP) connection over bluetooth with the 6230?

Thanks,
Martin

Ravi Sandhu

Jul 21, 2004, 5:09:58 PM7/21/04
I'd love to know as well please

"martin f. krafft" <alt.cellular....@usenet.madduck.net> wrote in
message news:slrncf7kdg....@diamond.madduck.net...

martin f. krafft

Jul 22, 2004, 4:26:26 AM7/22/04
On 2004-07-21, Ravi Sandhu <ravis...@mail.com> wrote:
> I'd love to know as well please

Nokia said in a private message that this is not possible for
"technical reasons". I would assume that it's not possible because
of the providers sitting on their faces.

No further news from me though.

-m