water damage ???

1 view

Rick

Aug 23, 2004, 12:39:35 PM8/23/04
I have a 6100 that was in a pocket when the heavens opened.

The top right of the phone was sat in water for some time.

Believe it or not the phone operates ok the only problem is I have no
display, the screen lights up but nothing appears on it.

I have took a can of PCB cleaner to it with no improvement other than the
fact its a bit shinier...

Im not sure whether to buy a new screen or not... any one offer any help as
to what may be wrong with it and if its worth repairing ?

--
THANKS
RICK

Yahoo ID: ricksvill

----------
http://groups.msn.com/accessforall
This is a new group set up to discuss the Disability Discrimination Act and
any other issues disabled people face along with their families, friends and
carers on a regular basis.
http://groups.msn.com/accessforall.
--------

Joe

Aug 23, 2004, 4:06:28 PM8/23/04
give it a week to dry then think about buying a screen for it, Might be an
idea to leave it off so it doesn't get any more circuits cross. I've had two
nokias dropped in water for a good few seconds and have come out working
both times (dodgy functioning) but after a week were fine. Never had the
display totally blank out though. good luck.

AC

Aug 24, 2004, 11:28:54 PM8/24/04
I would say it's cactus.

Water conducts & destroys components & PCBs very easily. Hence the
water-resistant phones.

"Rick" <rick...@DONTSPAMME.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message