Downloading Ringtones?

Jack MeHoff

May 10, 2003, 12:08:15 PM5/10/03
I have tried to download a ringtone from the Fido website. Something is
wrong as I get an error page come up once I hit loging. Yes, I am
registered. I also have no cable. Is there another way to get a ringtone to
my phone without using the Fido site? Not interested in paying $1.50 per
ringtone. That is crazy. I have a Nokia 3390. Thanks.

Jack.

--
=-=-=-=-=
Remove the "ack" in jack to reply privately.

Peter Henderson

May 13, 2003, 3:22:19 AM5/13/03
3390 has a ringtone composer, so you can compose ringtones.

http://www.frostzone.com/
http://www.digidots.co.uk/
http://www.ringtones4all.com/

if you still want to get ringtones via SMS, you can convert RTTL files
here:
http://www.cellringtones.com/

But at 10 cents/text it can get expensive.

Peter Karwowski

May 13, 2003, 9:04:07 AM5/13/03
Once you get the hang of the composer on the 3390, you can rattle
simple stuff off fairly quickly.

However, if you really want get into the whole ring tones thing,
you're much better off to invest in a data cable. You can find them
dirt cheap all over ebay. The software you need for ringtones (and
other neat things) can be eaily found on the net.

--Peter

Jack MeHoff

May 13, 2003, 8:52:39 PM5/13/03
Peter Henderson <spam.phen...@telus.net> wrote in

> 3390 has a ringtone composer, so you can compose ringtones.
>
> http://www.frostzone.com/
> http://www.digidots.co.uk/
> http://www.ringtones4all.com/
>
> if you still want to get ringtones via SMS, you can convert RTTL files
> here:
> http://www.cellringtones.com/
>
> But at 10 cents/text it can get expensive.

Thanks for the info. I will look into that.