Pairing headset with multiple devices...

Jim Ryan

Jan 29, 2003, 5:39:32 PM1/29/03
I am wondering if I'm looking for the impossible...

I would like to have the ability to pair one headset with multiple
devices, with the default being the last device I paired to. The
environment is:

o Headset
o SonyEricsson T68i
o Laptop w/ TECOM Bluetooth adapter
o Desk phone with 2.5mm adapter and bluetooth dongle

Ideally, I'd like to pair the headset with all three devices and have
the last (the bluetooth dongle) be the default since it has no way of
initiating a connection. In this configuration I would initiate
connections from the T68i and the laptop (thru the Bluetooth
application) and have them transferred to the headset.

I've tried this with the Jabra BT200 w/ the 2.5mm dongle and the
latest Widcomm drivers, but the Jabra ignores everything but the last
device it paired with (that and the fact that the audio profile
doesn't appear to work, which I'm not positive is the Jabra's fault).

Any thoughts? Anyone try this?
Jim

mark

Jan 29, 2003, 7:35:01 PM1/29/03

"Jim Ryan" <google...@i-animate.org> wrote in message

well im not sure about those particular devices but i have my hbh-30 pared
to 2 t68's and a t39 and they all work fine any call comes in and it goes
str8 to the headset and if i dial out on any it goes to headset (unless i
tell to transfer to the phone, i make then all ask always)

Alan J Robertson

Jan 29, 2003, 7:03:00 PM1/29/03
"Jim Ryan" <google...@i-animate.org> wrote in message
<cut>

> Ideally, I'd like to pair the headset with all three devices and have
> the last (the bluetooth dongle) be the default since it has no way of
> initiating a connection. In this configuration I would initiate
> connections from the T68i and the laptop (thru the Bluetooth
> application) and have them transferred to the headset.

I'm afraid most current headsets don't seem to support this :-( I've got an
HBH-15 and it's just the same - you've got to re-pair it with each device
you want to use it with and in the process you have to wipe the previous
pairing :-(( Hopefully some nice kind manufacturer will release an updated
headset that supports multiple pairings, but AFAIK there's not one available
just now.

Alan

Alan J Robertson

Jan 30, 2003, 2:55:53 AM1/30/03
"mark" <mark...@vizzavithingy.net> wrote in message

> well im not sure about those particular devices but i have my hbh-30 pared
> to 2 t68's and a t39 and they all work fine any call comes in and it goes
> str8 to the headset and if i dial out on any it goes to headset (unless i
> tell to transfer to the phone, i make then all ask always)

wow! that's great news - i didn't know any headsets out just now supported
being paired to more than one device :-))

Alan

Jim Ryan

Jan 30, 2003, 6:17:46 AM1/30/03
> well im not sure about those particular devices but i have my hbh-30 pared
> to 2 t68's and a t39 and they all work fine any call comes in and it goes
> str8 to the headset and if i dial out on any it goes to headset (unless i
> tell to transfer to the phone, i make then all ask always)

Does SE sell a stand-alone adapter for 2.5mm phones? That would seal
the deal right there.

Thanks for the info!
Jim

pzboyz

Jan 31, 2003, 3:08:53 AM1/31/03
The Plantronics M1000 has always been able to do this.