McCain and Jon Stewart's debate over Iraq and patriotism

Advisor

Mar 8, 2008, 11:02:23 PM3/8/08
The Daily Show Flashback: John McCain and Jon Stewart's heated debate over
Iraq and patriotism

Stewart and McCain got into a brawl in this segment.Do you think any of the
talking heads would have this kind of debate with McCain? Check out the
second half of the interview around the six minute mark for the fireworks to
begin.
Stewart tries to explain a few things to St. McCain about fighting a civil
war.

".but that assumes that we're fighting one enemy-they're fighting each
other. We're not surrendering to an enemy that has defeated us. We're
saying, how do you quell a civil war when it's not your country?"

McCain got very angry that Stewart called them out for using the " you're
not supporting the troops," theme and was trying to filibuster the
segment.He tried to use the troops as a wedge. Stewart got hot and fought
back.McCain started to stutter. (rough transcript)

Stewart: When they say the talking point of "they'll follow us home,"-they're
trying to follow us home whether we're in Iraq or not.

Stewart: All I'm saying is you cannot look a soldier in the eye and say
questioning the president is less supportive to you than extending your tour
for three months when you should be coming home to your family.

McCain: Every American..

Stewart: And that's not fair to put on people that criticize.

McCain: Jon.

Stewart: And you know I love you and respect your service and would never
question any of that-this is not about questioning the troops and their
ability to fight and their ability to be supported. And that is what the
administration does and that is almost criminal.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/03/08/the-daily-show-flashback-john-mccain-and-jon-stewarts-heated-debate-over-iraq-and-patriotism/

Since WW2, it is the American way. "Do as we say, and let our corporations
rape and steal your natural resources or.." Then ya just shock and awe them
to death. Bomb 'em. Call 'em terrists. Call 'em any evil name you can think
of. Kill the motherf*&kers! Kill 'em all. Rape their women. It's all ok. Don't
worry. One of the US presidents will go on national television, wave a flag,
and say how much those disgusting people threatened the American Dream. It's
worked for decades from South American countries, to Iran, to Korea, to
Vietnam, to Iraq, to Afghanistan, to those horrible blood thirsty
Palestinians. G-damn it must be VERY hard to be proud of your history. No
wonder it is sugar-coated in your US history books.

Hard to believe how Mr MCain sticks to the "terroroism" story line, even
while being quite soundly trounced with reason and logic. It is ncredible
how many poeple are still swayed by the lies.
R.I.P. USA, death by stupidity and apathy of "the people" who theoretically
are at the center of a democratically governed nation. It was fun while it
lasted.

Sans Name

Mar 9, 2008, 5:02:25 PM3/9/08
In article <jjJAj.25431$J41....@newssvr14.news.prodigy.net>, "Advisor"
<MMMcSameOl...@crawford.net> wrote:

If you have the U.S. Flag tattooed on the right cheek of your ass, a
portrait of John Hagee on the left cheek; and a portrait of George Bush
in between, it all makes sense. In our guts we know he is nuts.

Harry Dope

Mar 9, 2008, 6:19:36 PM3/9/08
Stewart is a lying sack of shit. Stewart doesnt respect anyone in or
previously in the military just like all democrats. He is a fraud and a
liberal scumbag.

Simpson

Mar 9, 2008, 6:21:28 PM3/9/08

That's why liberals, conservatives and everyone in between and on the
outskirts is climbing all over each other to get on his show.

--

McCain -- it rhymes with Hussein, Bahrain, cocaine, insane, wolfbane,
chest pain and chow mein.

Napalm McKook

Mar 9, 2008, 6:23:56 PM3/9/08

"Simpson" <dos-...@epoxy.com> wrote in message

Stewart is a jew. Bush loves Jews, why not Dopey?

Deaf Power

Mar 9, 2008, 10:07:25 PM3/9/08

You're a fraud lying neoclown.

Bruce Olin

Mar 10, 2008, 1:05:17 PM3/10/08

"Harry Dope" <Liberal...@aol.com> wrote in message

| Stewart is a lying sack of shit. Stewart doesnt respect anyone in or
| previously in the military just like all democrats. He is a fraud and a
| liberal scumbag.

Which, of course, is why Stewart is one of the most popular and highly paid
voices on the media while you are still flippin burgers, falling behind on
your trailer rent, and posting untrue and unfunny absurd nonsense for free
on a 'net feature that 98% of computer users don't even know exists...

Bruce Olin