dwg to pdf / PhotoShop

Harry

May 22, 2001, 12:09:02 PM5/22/01
Hi All

I'm looking for the best way to get r14 dwg files into PDF and/or PSD
format. I've successfully exported dwgs using psout and brought them
into PhotoShop, however line thickness is lost. I'm using lines, not
polylines.

I've also exported as eps and distilled through Distiller 3.01. Again
line thickness is lost.

I basically need dwg files with line thickness to place into
PhotoShop, then I need to be able to enlarge the PhotoShop file with
no loss of quality to the original dwg image (ie no jaggy lines etc.

I'm using r14, Distiller 3.01, PhotoShop 4 or 5.5. Can also access
Acad 2000 if required.

All help appreciated.

Cheers

Harry

Monode Marking PMS dept

May 22, 2001, 4:10:31 PM5/22/01
you can do it through acad2000 or volo view(I believe not sure though) or
get a free screen capture program to do it with
"Harry" <h.k.s...@strath.ac.uk> wrote in message

Chris Ashe

May 22, 2001, 5:19:15 PM5/22/01
try ctrlp.com, they have a free download. works like a printer but makes a
pdf file, works great. peernet also makes the same thing for a tif image
file. You will have to register the pdf creator, but it is a free license.
The peernet etiff download is a demo.

Harry

May 23, 2001, 7:32:37 AM5/23/01
Hi

Many thanks to you both. I'll give them a try. BTW stupid me ... I
meant width when I said thickness.

Cheers

Harry

John Hall

May 28, 2001, 10:31:37 AM5/28/01
You should be able to plot directly to the distiller.

I do this in Acad2000 and can see no reason why you can't do the same in
R14.

Pen width / colours etc in the PDF's will be as your plot configuration.

In R2000 I can add PS / EPS drivers and plot to file to get postscript files
with line widths intact. You can drag postscript files and drop them onto
the distiller icon / program window for batch conversion to PDF. Not sure if
you have the necessary postscript drivers with R14. Use add plotter wizard
for A2K.

John H