Buffy Comic **NEWS**

Marc

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99

Well I only picked up issue 10 yesterday seeing as for the past three weeks
my comic shop have decided not to stock it <grrr arghhh> anyway, what has
emerged from issue 10. Well not only the fact that I'm in it (2nd page of
the letter column, name-Marc Ellerby) but the storyline with Selke will now
run on for 9 issues. Isn't that just pushing the boat out a little. The
character is not all that interesting to begin with.

Also issue 11 marks the farewell of Joe Bennet (god riddance) Issue 12, will
mark the arival of Chris Zanier, penciler of Ghost and the upcoming ongoing
series Angel, for a fill in and then in issue 13, Cliff Richard starts his
ongoing run as continous penciler. Spike and Dru are defentatly going to be
in issue 14.

And speaking of Spike and Dru, the best Buffy comic ever, the Spike and Dru
one-shot, will be followed up by a seconded one shot called Queen of Hearts.
The issue will envolve the pair on their way back to Sunnydale, they stop
off in sultry St. Louis, to try their hands at some riverboat gambling. They
soon learn, however, that their rest and relaxation isn't quite as peaceful
as they'd hoped!

Ryan Sook is supposibly going to appear in the Buffy Annual along with Doug
Pierre writing.

----

Marc

**I would of gone with the cross-a-matic or the amazing Mr Cross**

We Hate Angel Assembly; http://members.tripod.co.uk/Marczilla/index.htm
Spike's Place: http://members.tripod.co.uk/SpikesPlace/index.htm
Xander Dance Member #413
XGG member #180
Official Guradian of Spike's Ability to kick Angel's Arse.
**Keeper of the following quotes;**
'I mock you with my ice-cream cone Amish Guy!' Xander
'I'm shot...wow it's odd....and painful.' Oz
'He stole my Barbie...oh we were five.' Willow
'Grrrr Bad Dog' Dru
'Slayer! I find one of your friends, I'm gonna suck 'em dry.
Use their bones to smash your head in.' Spike
AOL IM: Dood1ehead
Yahoo Pager: Nightmare_clown
Jedimail: Ob...@jedimail.net

george van hal

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99

Marc wrote:

> Well I only picked up issue 10 yesterday seeing as for the past three weeks
> my comic shop have decided not to stock it <grrr arghhh> anyway, what has
> emerged from issue 10. Well not only the fact that I'm in it (2nd page of
> the letter column, name-Marc Ellerby) but the storyline with Selke will now
> run on for 9 issues. Isn't that just pushing the boat out a little. The
> character is not all that interesting to begin with.

I agree but apereantly were not done with her yet...I hope the story line spices
up soon because its getting a bit boring atm. If this was any other comic than
buffy I would have stopped buying it allready....

> Also issue 11 marks the farewell of Joe Bennet (god riddance) Issue 12, will
> mark the arival of Chris Zanier, penciler of Ghost and the upcoming ongoing
> series Angel, for a fill in and then in issue 13, Cliff Richard starts his
> ongoing run as continous penciler. Spike and Dru are defentatly going to be
> in issue 14.

Which hopefully means a move towards the show and a better storyline.....all
this "we're in our own timeline" stuff and the creation of uninteresting villans
havent helped the comic book at all....now if they use this "own timeline" to
get spike and dru in the comic more regularly it could have a lot of positive
effects on the comic.

See Ya,
George

Marc

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99

george van hal <hal0...@wxs.nl> wrote in message

> Marc wrote:
>
> > Well I only picked up issue 10 yesterday seeing as for the past three
weeks
> > my comic shop have decided not to stock it <grrr arghhh> anyway, what
has
> > emerged from issue 10. Well not only the fact that I'm in it (2nd page
of
> > the letter column, name-Marc Ellerby) but the storyline with Selke will
now
> > run on for 9 issues. Isn't that just pushing the boat out a little. The
> > character is not all that interesting to begin with.
>
> I agree but apereantly were not done with her yet...I hope the story line
spices
> up soon because its getting a bit boring atm. If this was any other comic
than
> buffy I would have stopped buying it allready....

Well the first arc ends next issue. They could of picked a more mysterious
or bloodier character. A vampire that hates the way she looks. WOW! I'm
excited. I agree with you the fact about dropping the book. I only buy it
becuase it's Buffy. I wouldn't mind but it's a crap book. It looks horrible
with my monthly buy with Preacher, Transmetropolitan, Finals and Grendal
(there are others but I can't think straight at the mo') The only good comic
Buffy was the Spike and Dru one shot.

> > Also issue 11 marks the farewell of Joe Bennet (god riddance) Issue 12,
will
> > mark the arival of Chris Zanier, penciler of Ghost and the upcoming
ongoing
> > series Angel, for a fill in and then in issue 13, Cliff Richard starts
his
> > ongoing run as continous penciler. Spike and Dru are defentatly going to
be
> > in issue 14.
>
> Which hopefully means a move towards the show and a better
storyline.....all
> this "we're in our own timeline" stuff and the creation of uninteresting
villans
> havent helped the comic book at all

The thing that gets me is that they don't have any other characters in it
from the show. Where's Faith? Where's Jenny Calender? Where's Snyder? These
are other characters. And the fact that Fox makes Dark Horse put as much
Buffy in aspossible sucks major ass aswell. Due to the fact that Buffy is
not all about ONE character.

....now if they use this "own timeline" to
> get spike and dru in the comic more regularly it could have a lot of
positive
> effects on the comic.

Spike will probably be in it more when Spike becomes a regular with Season
Four. Which is nice. Now all they have to do is get James Marsters to write
another comic. That and get either Jeff Matsuda or Tim Sale to draw an issue
(don't ask me why about Tm Sale, I just think he'll be good for a dark
mystic issue)

--
----

Marc

**I would of gone with the cross-a-matic or the amazing Mr Cross**

Xander Guardian Guild member #180
Nicholas Brendon Aficionados #283

george van hal

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99

> Well the first arc ends next issue. They could of picked a more mysterious
> or bloodier character. A vampire that hates the way she looks. WOW! I'm
> excited. I agree with you the fact about dropping the book. I only buy it
> becuase it's Buffy. I wouldn't mind but it's a crap book. It looks horrible
> with my monthly buy with Preacher, Transmetropolitan, Finals and Grendal
> (there are others but I can't think straight at the mo') The only good comic
> Buffy was the Spike and Dru one shot.

Well I'd have to not agree on the looks. Take the angel miniseries for instanse,
I loved the art there....but the story...it just plain sucks <g>

Btw of the comics listed I only buy finals (if you're talking about the 4 part
vertigo comic) which I love.......

> The thing that gets me is that they don't have any other characters in it
> from the show. Where's Faith? Where's Jenny Calender? Where's Snyder? These
> are other characters.

Completely agree.....they said something like "yeah but if one of em dies or
something happens we dont want to change that fast so we're keeping 'em out"
which is of course pure BS. If they didnt intend of modeling the comic book
after the show they would have done better to go another way, another slayer
another time another place and another crowd...this would have been a much
better read IMHO..the much hinted at (in the letter column) slayers of the past
thingy would be a good example IMHO.....

> And the fact that Fox makes Dark Horse put as much
> Buffy in aspossible sucks major ass aswell. Due to the fact that Buffy is
> not all about ONE character.

Yeah, they're very obviously trying to sell the comic on smg's looks which is
bull. The show rides on multiple characters and so should the comic.....and if
you're gonna do photocovers put someone else on it for gods sake...after seeing
smg in 10 different photos it kinda gets boring <g>

> Spike will probably be in it more when Spike becomes a regular with Season
> Four. Which is nice. Now all they have to do is get James Marsters to write
> another comic. That and get either Jeff Matsuda or Tim Sale to draw an issue
> (don't ask me why about Tm Sale, I just think he'll be good for a dark
> mystic issue)

nothing to add there <g>......but tim..(never been so good in remembering artist
names...where have I seen him in before?)...ok wont ask you why <g>

See Ya,
George

Marc

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99

> > Well the first arc ends next issue. They could of picked a more
mysterious
> > or bloodier character. A vampire that hates the way she looks. WOW! I'm
> > excited. I agree with you the fact about dropping the book. I only buy
it
> > becuase it's Buffy. I wouldn't mind but it's a crap book. It looks
horrible
> > with my monthly buy with Preacher, Transmetropolitan, Finals and Grendal
> > (there are others but I can't think straight at the mo') The only good
comic
> > Buffy was the Spike and Dru one shot.
>
> Well I'd have to not agree on the looks. Take the angel miniseries for
instanse,
> I loved the art there....but the story...it just plain sucks <g>

Nope. I hated the Art work and I thought that the story was just as sucky.
Gomez could never get it right could he? The way he done bodies was dire. It
was all over the place. Wrong kind of movement, body structure, heads were
too funny shaped. Appauling.

> Btw of the comics listed I only buy finals (if you're talking about the 4
part
> vertigo comic) which I love.......

Yeah I love that. I hope they do a full series after the limited is up. And
youm should read Preacher it is sooooo cool.

> > The thing that gets me is that they don't have any other characters in
it
> > from the show. Where's Faith? Where's Jenny Calender? Where's Snyder?
These
> > are other characters.

> Completely agree.....they said something like "yeah but if one of em dies
or
> something happens we dont want to change that fast so we're keeping 'em
out"
> which is of course pure BS.

They had Snyder in issue 1 but he was drawn so dire that it was hard to
notice him. I would love to see Snyder in the comic and also Jenny Calender
but seeing as the book is now set in season three there's little chance of
that.

> If they didnt intend of modeling the comic book
> after the show they would have done better to go another way, another
slayer
> another time another place and another crowd...this would have been a much
> better read IMHO..the much hinted at (in the letter column) slayers of the
past
> thingy would be a good example IMHO.....

That would be okay, I think but I doubt they would do it becuase of sales.
New characters, new settings, an introuduction to the new slayer, I think
they'll be too afraid incase they bodge it up and no one buys it.

> > And the fact that Fox makes Dark Horse put as much
> > Buffy in aspossible sucks major ass aswell. Due to the fact that Buffy
is
> > not all about ONE character.
>
> Yeah, they're very obviously trying to sell the comic on smg's looks which
is
> bull. The show rides on multiple characters and so should the comic
> .....and if
> you're gonna do photocovers put someone else on it for gods sake...after
seeing
> smg in 10 different photos it kinda gets boring <g>

Yeah, I know loads of people who don't watch it because of Buffy, they watch
it because of Nicki or Seth, Aly as well. There's only been one photo cover
which has not just had Buffy or Angl on the cover and that is issue 9. It
sucks. They should have a Xander story, like BBB or The Zeppo. That would be
cool. Only if they could do it right. Which knowing thm, they couldn't.

> > Spike will probably be in it more when Spike becomes a regular with
Season
> > Four. Which is nice. Now all they have to do is get James Marsters to
write
> > another comic. That and get either Jeff Matsuda or Tim Sale to draw an
issue
> > (don't ask me why about Tm Sale, I just think he'll be good for a dark
> > mystic issue)
>
> nothing to add there <g>......but tim..(never been so good in remembering
artist
> names...where have I seen him in before?)...ok wont ask you why <g>

Tim Sale done all of the Batman Halloween stuff. The 13 Part The long
Halloween and the 4 part mini series earlier on. He also done
Wolverine/Gambit Victims for Marvel and he has recently done Grendel-
Devil's Child for Dark Horse.

If you can check out issue 10, in the letter column. You'll find a letter by
me, Marc Ellerby. So when you go through the book you can go hey I know that
guy.